Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England cant beat Montengro 17:03 - Mar 27 with 1445 viewsoff2div1

With a population the same size as Leeds.

What chance have we got in Brazil?

Fell asleep during game were we as bad as the score ?
England cant beat Montengro on 17:20 - Mar 27 with 1418 viewsYorkshire_Dale

2nd half........poor,and they lifted their game.

Still should be beating em
England cant beat Montengro on 17:47 - Mar 27 with 1386 viewsolympicdale

Pointless logic that, so I guess England should be beating Portugal, Spain and Holland as well, cause we have a bigger population, talk about disrespectful, is your name Adrian Chiles.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

England cant beat Montengro on 17:58 - Mar 27 with 1369 viewsD_Alien

I thought the game was, if anything, like a typical English cup tie between a premiership outfit and mid-table championship team with a few decent players who'd make it at premiership level.

England started off knocking it around nicely, but when Montenegro decided to up their game after half time they were capable of playing well enough to win.

Towards the end, we had a couple of decent chances to snatch victory but as it stands, it's back to our place (in September) for the replay.

If you fell asleep, you can't enjoy watching a closely fought encounter that could've gone either way. If watching England stroll to victory keeps you awake, fair enough but you must have a very slow pulse!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England cant beat Montengro on 18:27 - Mar 27 with 1311 viewsBirchy915

Should have taken Lambert over Welbeck.
They wouldn't have known what hit them!

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

England cant beat Montengro on 18:32 - Mar 27 with 1307 viewsYorkshire_Dale

England cant beat Montengro on 18:27 - Mar 27 by Birchy915

....good point.

A fair few free kicks awarded in "Lambo" territory.
England cant beat Montengro on 18:41 - Mar 27 with 1292 viewsD_Alien

England cant beat Montengro on 18:27 - Mar 27 by Birchy915

Thought Welbeck was our best player on the night. Some of his direct running at the opposition was refreshing to see from an England forward, and he also picked the ball up quite deep at times, showing confidence at that level.

If I were to take issue with anything, I'd say Lampard should have been on for Cleverley well before their equaliser (a point Andy Townsend made, but he's gotta be right sometimes!). Gerrard's passing was woeful and contributed to putting us on the back foot on several occasions.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England cant beat Montengro on 18:51 - Mar 27 with 1275 viewsolympicdale

England cant beat Montengro on 18:41 - Mar 27 by D_Alien

Thought Welbeck was our best player on the night. Some of his direct running at the opposition was refreshing to see from an England forward, and he also picked the ball up quite deep at times, showing confidence at that level.

If I were to take issue with anything, I'd say Lampard should have been on for Cleverley well before their equaliser (a point Andy Townsend made, but he's gotta be right sometimes!). Gerrard's passing was woeful and contributed to putting us on the back foot on several occasions.

England have so many players who are only playing because there isnt anyone better. Players like Cleverly/Jagielka/Smalling/Lescott/Milner/Barry shouldn't be near an international starting 11, I'm not hugely impressed with Welbeck too, he seems more interested in going to ground half the time.

Life is a game of fate.

England cant beat Montengro on 19:49 - Mar 27 with 1212 viewsoff2div1

England cant beat Montengro on 17:47 - Mar 27 by olympicdale

Pointless logic that, so I guess England should be beating Portugal, Spain and Holland as well, cause we have a bigger population, talk about disrespectful, is your name Adrian Chiles.

There is a bit of difference between 100 times more people in a country than 5 times.Luxembourg has closet population to Montengro and how good are they.
Login to get fewer ads

England cant beat Montengro on 19:56 - Mar 27 with 1205 viewsoff2div1

England cant beat Montengro on 17:58 - Mar 27 by D_Alien

I thought the game was, if anything, like a typical English cup tie between a premiership outfit and mid-table championship team with a few decent players who'd make it at premiership level.

England started off knocking it around nicely, but when Montenegro decided to up their game after half time they were capable of playing well enough to win.

Towards the end, we had a couple of decent chances to snatch victory but as it stands, it's back to our place (in September) for the replay.

If you fell asleep, you can't enjoy watching a closely fought encounter that could've gone either way. If watching England stroll to victory keeps you awake, fair enough but you must have a very slow pulse!

Fell asleep after a hard days work I started watching San Marino but turned it off after 4-0 same as under 21s when England were playing against 9 men.
England cant beat Montengro on 19:59 - Mar 27 with 1195 viewsolympicdale

England cant beat Montengro on 19:49 - Mar 27 by off2div1

There is a bit of difference between 100 times more people in a country than 5 times.Luxembourg has closet population to Montengro and how good are they.

Youve missed the point, you play the team not the size of the country, the reason england never win anything, spend too much time looking down their noses at teams.

If your saying England should be beating Montenegro based on the countries size alone, so that logic should be the same for any others then in that case, one rule for one..

Life is a game of fate.

England cant beat Montengro on 20:58 - Mar 27 with 1162 viewsmacro

Remember they were 'attached' to Serbia and had an outstanding team. You can only beat what's in front of us and at the end of the day England haven't been technically good enough for years
England cant beat Montengro on 23:46 - Mar 27 with 1092 viewsoff2div1

England cant beat Montengro on 19:59 - Mar 27 by olympicdale

Youve missed the point, you play the team not the size of the country, the reason england never win anything, spend too much time looking down their noses at teams.

If your saying England should be beating Montenegro based on the countries size alone, so that logic should be the same for any others then in that case, one rule for one..

By the way I am Roy Keane see my comments at end if game
England cant beat Montengro on 00:00 - Mar 28 with 1087 viewsdownunder

I would like to thank off2div1. I now understand why England Rugby beat the AllBlacks at Twickenham, and then go on to stuff Wales and win the Grand Slam. Oh Hang on a minute!
England cant beat Montengro on 00:13 - Mar 28 with 1079 viewsoff2div1

England cant beat Montengro on 00:00 - Mar 28 by downunder

I would like to thank off2div1. I now understand why England Rugby beat the AllBlacks at Twickenham, and then go on to stuff Wales and win the Grand Slam. Oh Hang on a minute!

Wales were promised a Sheep each as a bonus. Football is different from some strange game with egg shaped balls.You need to visit Hornets site oops another strange game with egg shaped balls with another set of rules.
England cant beat Montengro on 00:34 - Mar 28 with 1070 viewsDaley_Lama

Wales won the deciding test match within 5 minutes.

The first scrum down, England put in.

Attempt 1: England pushed back 5 yards
Attempt 2: Collapsed scrum.
Attempt 3: Delayed put in by England as Wales got the shove on, penalty to Wales.

Halfpenny slotted it over and England were 3-0 down after 5 minutes despite being on the front foot for the first 5 mins

Then it all un-ravelled in the first half.

Penalty after penalty conceeded by England in breakdowns. mauls and rucks, poor play by England's forwards or canny play by Wales's forwards? The latter of course.

They monstered England in the first half, both technically and cannily. Men v Boys.

No complaints from me, that's how England won a RU world cup.

I reckno Wales will win the Grand Slam next year as well. Damn fine team. (Northern hemisphere consideration only)

Poll: DF in or out

England cant beat Montengro on 00:44 - Mar 28 with 1066 viewsdownunder

Following the logic on this thread, Argentina will win after being offered a Llama each.
England cant beat Montengro on 08:48 - Mar 28 with 1031 viewswimborne_dale

England cant beat Montengro on 00:34 - Mar 28 by Daley_Lama

Wales won the deciding test match within 5 minutes.

The first scrum down, England put in.

Attempt 1: England pushed back 5 yards
Attempt 2: Collapsed scrum.
Attempt 3: Delayed put in by England as Wales got the shove on, penalty to Wales.

Halfpenny slotted it over and England were 3-0 down after 5 minutes despite being on the front foot for the first 5 mins

Then it all un-ravelled in the first half.

Penalty after penalty conceeded by England in breakdowns. mauls and rucks, poor play by England's forwards or canny play by Wales's forwards? The latter of course.

They monstered England in the first half, both technically and cannily. Men v Boys.

No complaints from me, that's how England won a RU world cup.

I reckno Wales will win the Grand Slam next year as well. Damn fine team. (Northern hemisphere consideration only)

Saw it coming! France had us by the scruff for 2/3rds of the game before comitting suicide with inept substitutions. Italy matched us all the way. The Eng scrum has looked poor all championship and the lineout has mis fired. Apart from the calcutta cup, the back lline has created next to nothing and butchered even that. If the RWC started tomorrow, with England pooled with Aus and wales, we wouldn't even get the QFs.

Edgar Allan's Crow

England cant beat Montengro on 09:25 - Mar 28 with 1014 viewsYouTubeDale

I went to the England v Montenegro U19 game at Spotland last May and Montenegro were the better team. Their players were more comfortable on the ball and showed more natural talent. I don't understand why certain nations have this natural talent and we don't. We have to try to make up in terms of endeavour and organisation and hope they don't match us in these respects.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

England cant beat Montengro on 10:58 - Mar 28 with 984 viewsoff2div1

England cant beat Montengro on 00:44 - Mar 28 by downunder

Following the logic on this thread, Argentina will win after being offered a Llama each.

+ a half share in Las Malvinas
England cant beat Montengro on 12:44 - Mar 28 with 954 viewsolympicdale

England cant beat Montengro on 09:25 - Mar 28 by YouTubeDale

I went to the England v Montenegro U19 game at Spotland last May and Montenegro were the better team. Their players were more comfortable on the ball and showed more natural talent. I don't understand why certain nations have this natural talent and we don't. We have to try to make up in terms of endeavour and organisation and hope they don't match us in these respects.

probably because they actually invest in proper youth development, not spend all the time patting each other on the back cause of a new training centre.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024