Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixture changes 13:20 - Jun 27 with 2331 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/bristol-fixture-882770.aspx

Recovery time for the game will be even less than normal now.
Hope the club are looking at changing the home game to Southend to the 18th April (Good Friday) to allow the players more recovery time for the earlier kick-off on the Monday.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Fixture changes on 13:54 - Jun 27 with 2239 viewsDaleaholic

I don't quite understand the reasoning. Newport are at home to Burton but Bristol City are away at Stevenage that day... Neither Swansea or Cardiff are playing on the 21st April. Surely it can't be for policing issues?

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Fixture changes on 13:58 - Jun 27 with 2220 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Colin Garlick mentioned in his Dale Player interview that the club were looking to move the Southend game to the Good Friday at three o'clock.
Fixture changes on 14:44 - Jun 27 with 2146 viewsAtThePeake

Fixture changes on 13:54 - Jun 27 by Daleaholic

I don't quite understand the reasoning. Newport are at home to Burton but Bristol City are away at Stevenage that day... Neither Swansea or Cardiff are playing on the 21st April. Surely it can't be for policing issues?

I think there's a rugby team that plays at The Memorial. They may be due to play that evening/afternoon?

Not sure.

Tangled up in blue.

Fixture changes on 14:53 - Jun 27 with 2131 viewsTVOS1907

Fixture changes on 14:44 - Jun 27 by AtThePeake

I think there's a rugby team that plays at The Memorial. They may be due to play that evening/afternoon?

Not sure.

That's possible, but with Bristol also being a place of some historical significance, I imagine it gets quite busy on Bank Holidays and the police want to stagger traffic in and out of there, especially given the busy nature of the roads round the stadium.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fixture changes on 16:28 - Jun 27 with 2035 viewsSpike

Add our fixture at Southend to that list. Friday 20th December 19.45

Southend at home Good Friday 3pm.

Taking the p!ss.
Fixture changes on 16:40 - Jun 27 with 2022 viewsColDale

I read yesterday that Bristol have another bank holiday home game at 1pm, so its most likely down to the insistence of the police. Better that than shifted to the Tuesday night.
Fixture changes on 16:49 - Jun 27 with 2000 viewsTVOS1907

Fixture changes on 16:28 - Jun 27 by Spike

Add our fixture at Southend to that list. Friday 20th December 19.45

Southend at home Good Friday 3pm.

Taking the p!ss.

Southend away was always going to be moved to the Friday night, given where it was on the fixtures and their penchant for the occasional Friday outing.

Not much help to us fans, I know, but then neither was it when the Cheltenham fixtures were moved last season.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Fixture changes on 16:51 - Jun 27 with 1993 viewsTVOS1907

Fixture changes on 16:40 - Jun 27 by ColDale

I read yesterday that Bristol have another bank holiday home game at 1pm, so its most likely down to the insistence of the police. Better that than shifted to the Tuesday night.

Aye, when they play Cheltenham at home.

We've had early kick-offs down there before, one when Jonah scored his screamer after Parkin had left.

Login to get fewer ads

Fixture changes on 16:55 - Jun 27 with 1977 viewsRAFCRuss

Fixture changes on 16:49 - Jun 27 by TVOS1907

Southend away was always going to be moved to the Friday night, given where it was on the fixtures and their penchant for the occasional Friday outing.

Not much help to us fans, I know, but then neither was it when the Cheltenham fixtures were moved last season.

southends website confirms both the games moved

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/270613-friday-matches-883300.aspx
Fixture changes on 18:10 - Jun 27 with 1909 viewsSpike

Fixture changes on 16:49 - Jun 27 by TVOS1907

It wasn't much help, but at least Cheltenham is a lot easier to get to on a Friday night than Southend.

See Southend have also changed Fleetwood, Scunthorpe, Mansfield and Newport to Fridays too. Mustn't want many away supporters visiting them this year.
Fixture changes on 18:43 - Jun 27 with 1874 views442Dale

Fixture changes on 18:10 - Jun 27 by Spike

It wasn't much help, but at least Cheltenham is a lot easier to get to on a Friday night than Southend.

See Southend have also changed Fleetwood, Scunthorpe, Mansfield and Newport to Fridays too. Mustn't want many away supporters visiting them this year.

Thought there was a limit over how many games could be moved to a Friday night? Traditionally, this is something Southend have done before; they were regulars on Saint and Greavesie on a Saturday lunchtime having played the night before.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fixture changes on 18:57 - Jun 27 with 1851 viewsD_Alien

Fixture changes on 18:43 - Jun 27 by 442Dale

Thought there was a limit over how many games could be moved to a Friday night? Traditionally, this is something Southend have done before; they were regulars on Saint and Greavesie on a Saturday lunchtime having played the night before.

Wasn't Greavsie a director too?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fixture changes on 20:30 - Jun 27 with 1765 viewsTVOS1907

Fixture changes on 18:43 - Jun 27 by 442Dale

I think all clubs can change 4 fixtures, but someone like Razzle will know the finer details.

Fixture changes on 20:32 - Jun 27 with 1762 viewsTVOS1907

Fixture changes on 18:10 - Jun 27 by Spike

Oh, I agree, but the away followings for those clubs to Southend on a Friday as opposed to a Saturday won't be that much different.

We took 114 on a Saturday last season; it won't be much less on a Friday night and Southend will be hoping to offset the difference with more home fans.

I'm sure you'll still be there about 10 hours before kick-off though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024