Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Studds 18:12 - Aug 9 with 3404 viewsD_Alien

Bloody awful dive of a place, redeemed only by being able to catch up with other scores at half-time... oh wait a minute...

Anyone know wtf is going on there?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Studds on 18:15 - Aug 9 with 2639 views100notout

Are the prices the same in Studds as in The Dale Bar?

Can you use your trust card / season ticket to get a discount?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Studds on 18:17 - Aug 9 with 2617 viewsSuddenLad

Is the floor still sticky ? Does it still smell mouldy ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Studds on 18:21 - Aug 9 with 2585 viewsD_Alien

Studds on 18:17 - Aug 9 by SuddenLad

Is the floor still sticky ? Does it still smell mouldy ?

Even mould deserves to be treated better than having to endure a featureless chamber that might have been designed by Adolf Himmler

Studds on 18:25 - Aug 9 with 2549 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Studds on 18:21 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

Even mould deserves to be treated better than having to endure a featureless chamber that might have been designed by Adolf Himmler

Heinrich Himmler
Studds on 18:26 - Aug 9 with 2544 viewsKenBoon

I was told "the AFC" own the Pearl St. Stand but the Stadium Company run Studds. It's just another reason why we need to control the stadium.
Studds on 18:27 - Aug 9 with 2531 views100notout

Get tha'sen in the Dale Bar then.

Profits to to the club instead of the Stadium company

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Studds on 18:28 - Aug 9 with 2530 viewsD_Alien

Studds on 18:25 - Aug 9 by Albert_Whitehurst

Heinrich Himmler

That's him.

Studds on 18:49 - Aug 9 with 2435 viewsscooby

£2.08 a pint in the Star. Decent atmosphere, full of Daleys, bit of banter, and even the added giggle of 20+ Peterborough idiots walking in looking for trouble, only to find a peaceful family pub! need to do their homework i think... :D
Login to get fewer ads

Studds on 00:16 - Aug 10 with 2153 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds on 18:49 - Aug 9 by scooby

£2.08 a pint in the Star. Decent atmosphere, full of Daleys, bit of banter, and even the added giggle of 20+ Peterborough idiots walking in looking for trouble, only to find a peaceful family pub! need to do their homework i think... :D

Walking into Studds during the half time interval was depressing. Poor lighting and a musty smell compounded by no televisions working, so no half time scores.
If it continues during the season will probably give up our season tickets next year and opt for another part of the ground which affords half time facilities with working TV screens.
It cant be that big a job to improve the lighting and ensure fans can enjoy the facilities, scratch underneath the surface and its very poor for the opening game of the season.
Studds on 01:27 - Aug 10 with 2105 viewsTVOS1907

Studds on 00:16 - Aug 10 by TalkingSutty

Walking into Studds during the half time interval was depressing. Poor lighting and a musty smell compounded by no televisions working, so no half time scores.
If it continues during the season will probably give up our season tickets next year and opt for another part of the ground which affords half time facilities with working TV screens.
It cant be that big a job to improve the lighting and ensure fans can enjoy the facilities, scratch underneath the surface and its very poor for the opening game of the season.

Agree.

Something to raise with the Trust?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Studds on 04:26 - Aug 10 with 2062 viewsdownunder

Studds on 01:27 - Aug 10 by TVOS1907

Agree.

Something to raise with Alan Brett more likely.
Studds on 06:22 - Aug 10 with 2043 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds on 01:27 - Aug 10 by TVOS1907

Agree.

The trust commitee must get fed up of things like this though, you would think those running the bar would flag the faults up
Its the same mentality as not changing the fixture board properly. I assume we don't have a stadium manager who oversees all these things.
Studds on 10:05 - Aug 10 with 1910 viewsTVOS1907

Studds on 06:22 - Aug 10 by TalkingSutty

The trust commitee must get fed up of things like this though, you would think those running the bar would flag the faults up
Its the same mentality as not changing the fixture board properly. I assume we don't have a stadium manager who oversees all these things.

According to the staff list in TVOS, there is a Stadium Supervisor and three Stadium Maintenance staff.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Studds on 10:07 - Aug 10 with 1903 viewsColDale

I'd imagine there won't be one penny spent on anything Stadium related apart from essentials (obviously we could argue all day at what is deemed to be essentials). The drinks machine in the Sandy lane kiosk wasn't working yesterday either.
Studds on 10:17 - Aug 10 with 1891 viewsParkinsGimp

Studds on 18:49 - Aug 9 by scooby

Yeah I was there was very funny, all stone island up and looking moody LOL bit of a mix of 50 year olds weighing 19 stone and skinny runts who couldnt knock the skin off a rice pudding . But as you say nice atmo in the pub and good prices, then I go Studds at half time , jesus it was like an exercise yard in a Russian maximum security prison, so depressing, Only really used to go in for half time results , if it doesnt improve from next match me and my mates wont bother going in at half time!
Studds on 12:13 - Aug 10 with 1769 viewstazzydjr

Here's what everyone means an very depressing half time without the scores or the big screen on i could understand if we were skint and saving money that little thing might just have costs us an few floating fans this season

[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 12:15]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Studds on 12:23 - Aug 10 with 1740 viewsaleanddale

Welcome back Tazzy lad.

Glad your back on this board.

If this is the case first game of the season its a disgrace and needs sorting quickly.

Its the small things that make the big differences.

Studds can be depressing at the best of times but at least the half time scores being on lifts the atmosphere a bit.
Studds on 13:27 - Aug 10 with 1664 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds on 12:13 - Aug 10 by tazzydjr

Here's what everyone means an very depressing half time without the scores or the big screen on i could understand if we were skint and saving money that little thing might just have costs us an few floating fans this season

Good picture Tazz. The problems wouldn't even cost much to fix but those in charge of the stadium obviously don't deem supporters facilities to be high on their list. Start of a shiny new season in a higher league you would think the club would be keen to enhance the match day experience by checking thing are all in place.
Some lads who are not ardent Dale fans go to the game for the crack with their mates and have a few beers whilst watching the results in Studds, they can't do that now so probably won't pay to go to the games.
Studds on 13:34 - Aug 10 with 1652 viewstazzydjr

Studds on 13:27 - Aug 10 by TalkingSutty

Good picture Tazz. The problems wouldn't even cost much to fix but those in charge of the stadium obviously don't deem supporters facilities to be high on their list. Start of a shiny new season in a higher league you would think the club would be keen to enhance the match day experience by checking thing are all in place.
Some lads who are not ardent Dale fans go to the game for the crack with their mates and have a few beers whilst watching the results in Studds, they can't do that now so probably won't pay to go to the games.

Thanks Sutty it had to be taken so they couldn't just brush it under the carpet to be honest, Not seeing if our Rivals were losing or not at Half Time and the Big Screen not being on felt rather let down as an supporter of the club. Hopefully the issue will be resolved for Tuesday Night, The bar and The food place are probably 2 main places would make money in the Football Business.

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Studds on 13:37 - Aug 10 with 1642 viewssweetcorn

Could be worse, although the decor is nicer, you could go into the dale bar at half time and pay £4.10 for a bulmers/magners, which is just a disgrace of a price, the club are bending over their own fans and charging extortinate prices..

Also sounds like an off day all round there were no soft drinks available in the sandy due to the drinks dispenser being faulty, its just little things like this which could ruin the matchday experience for fans, it would have taken very little to have gone and bought some bottles to attempt to provise an alternative 

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Studds on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 1576 viewsTalkingSutty

Studds on 13:34 - Aug 10 by tazzydjr

Thanks Sutty it had to be taken so they couldn't just brush it under the carpet to be honest, Not seeing if our Rivals were losing or not at Half Time and the Big Screen not being on felt rather let down as an supporter of the club. Hopefully the issue will be resolved for Tuesday Night, The bar and The food place are probably 2 main places would make money in the Football Business.

I like your thinking Tazzy, using your photography skills/equipment to gather evidence , you can't argue with that photograph. In fact using your camera to capture things like that seems to be your strength, you have an eye for it.

Let the official club photographer secure the action shots and you concentrate on capturing pictures of the stadium/away ends/ catering facilities or in this case dodgy tellys.
Studds on 14:15 - Aug 10 with 1552 viewstazzydjr

Studds on 14:10 - Aug 10 by TalkingSutty

I like your thinking Tazzy, using your photography skills/equipment to gather evidence , you can't argue with that photograph. In fact using your camera to capture things like that seems to be your strength, you have an eye for it.

Let the official club photographer secure the action shots and you concentrate on capturing pictures of the stadium/away ends/ catering facilities or in this case dodgy tellys.

It'd certainly make Chesterfield Away an interesting Review Next Weekend

Studds on 14:20 - Aug 10 with 1544 viewsolympicdale

I thought this was a thread about Lancashires boots.

Life is a game of fate.

Studds on 14:20 - Aug 10 with 1544 views49thseason

Studds on 12:13 - Aug 10 by tazzydjr

I've just thrown a better telly than that one away! Talk about "State of the Ark"! (Bet it has teletext though).No wonder it's "out of Order" I dont think they broadcast in 625 lines anymore.
Studds on 15:53 - Aug 10 with 1411 viewsD_Alien

Studds on 10:07 - Aug 10 by ColDale

I'd imagine there won't be one penny spent on anything Stadium related apart from essentials (obviously we could argue all day at what is deemed to be essentials). The drinks machine in the Sandy lane kiosk wasn't working yesterday either.

I think you're right - but it occurred to me that having the fans complaining about this could be a tactic in their bid to negotiate a takeover of the stadium.

It surely can't have escaped the notice of the Dale board that these facilities had been withdrawn?

[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 15:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024