Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lancashire Gone Too 22:44 - May 20 with 11782 viewsDorkingDale

Just posted on OS - Shrewsbury
Lancashire Gone Too on 22:46 - May 20 with 7713 views442Dale

Still light out in Shrewsbury.

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/shrewsbury-town-oliver-lancashire-sky

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lancashire Gone Too on 22:49 - May 20 with 7693 viewsRotherhamDale

Who needs defenders anyway?!

Possession with progression.

Lancashire Gone Too on 22:50 - May 20 with 7683 viewsfitzochris

Both Lancashire and Eastham refer to wanting a new challenge, with Lancashire going a step further and claiming he's looking for something to "excite" him.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lancashire Gone Too on 22:54 - May 20 with 7650 views442Dale

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/micky-mellon-on-olly-lancashire-31209

"...we tried to recruit in a way that we knew that the players could handle League One because it is a big step up. Olly certainly fits that profile and all the players we are trying to bring in will also fit that profile so that is the lines that we want to go along.”

Lancashire Gone Too on 22:59 - May 20 with 7616 viewsdalestats

Eastham spent most of the season on the sidelines and Lancashire was axed as captain, no surprise that either have gone. Don't expect Lillis to sign either

Poll: Remain in the eu

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:04 - May 20 with 7568 viewsBrierls

Bit of a bittersweet day. Sad to see Eastham go, but pleased to see Lancashire go because the thought of him being a first choice centre half in the absence of Eastham was giving me kittens.

Best of luck to both of them, they've been good servants. Lancashire had too much game time, and Eastham not enough, but both gave their all for Dale.
Lancashire Gone Too on 23:04 - May 20 with 7565 viewsbocadave

Bit of a problem at the fun day tomorrow, Lancashire was supposed to be doing the Donkey rides.
Lancashire Gone Too on 23:07 - May 20 with 7528 viewsdalestats

Akpa-akpro released by the shrews today

Login to get fewer ads

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:08 - May 20 with 7526 viewsTVOS1907

Why has this been announced at 11pm on a Friday night when it clearly happened earlier in the day?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:12 - May 20 with 7498 viewsfitzochris

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:08 - May 20 by TVOS1907

Why has this been announced at 11pm on a Friday night when it clearly happened earlier in the day?

That's what I'm wondering. Tim Nash, the local paper reporter for Shrewsbury Town, has only just tweeted it now, too, so it seems both clubs kept it quiet.

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:13 - May 20 with 7489 viewsdalestats

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:12 - May 20 by fitzochris

That's what I'm wondering. Tim Nash, the local paper reporter for Shrewsbury Town, has only just tweeted it now, too, so it seems both clubs kept it quiet.

Dale haven't said anything

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:16 - May 20 with 7460 viewsfitzochris

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:13 - May 20 by dalestats

I didn't say they have.

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:17 - May 20 with 7457 viewsalex_roch39

An egg would suffice as his replacement
Lancashire Gone Too on 23:21 - May 20 with 7418 viewsR_AFC

Only Hendo left at the club out of that group. First Done, then Rose leaving and now the two CBs gone. Probably made it a slightly easier decision knowing their mates are moving on as well. Lets hope Hendo decides to stay and continues to enjoy his football. Hope the dressing room isn't affected. Lets not lose any more.

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:21 - May 20 with 7410 viewsTVOS1907

It's on the o/s.

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:23 - May 20 with 7397 viewsDorkingDale

They put it out on the site at 10:30......
Lancashire Gone Too on 23:24 - May 20 with 7384 views442Dale

This was posted on the Shrews forum in response to views on here about Lancashire:

<<Why would anyone take the word of some embittered Rochdale supporters over guys like Mellon & Hill?

He's the club captain of Rochdale and been offered a new contract. Obviously rubbish.>>

Why is it that fans opinions don't matter as much as those involved in the game? Lancashire was far from good enough last season and I doubt there were many who wouldn't have given him a free, the manager decided otherwise. That was his prerogative, bit like continuing to pick him when it was costing us goals.
[Post edited 20 May 2016 23:30]

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:27 - May 20 with 7364 viewsleedsdale

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:23 - May 20 by DorkingDale

As soon as Leighanne goes on holiday you know there will be a couple of bits of transfer news!

Like most others I'm not too sad to see Olly go; not many players win promotion at Dale so we have to be grateful for his efforts, but L1 on a regular basis is a step too far for him. At least any likely promises Hill made to Canavan about first team football are now looking more genuine! Does anyone know if Hill is back from America?
Lancashire Gone Too on 23:30 - May 20 with 7347 viewsTVOS1907

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:24 - May 20 by 442Dale

This was posted on the Shrews forum in response to views on here about Lancashire:

<<Why would anyone take the word of some embittered Rochdale supporters over guys like Mellon & Hill?

He's the club captain of Rochdale and been offered a new contract. Obviously rubbish.>>

Why is it that fans opinions don't matter as much as those involved in the game? Lancashire was far from good enough last season and I doubt there were many who wouldn't have given him a free, the manager decided otherwise. That was his prerogative, bit like continuing to pick him when it was costing us goals.

Some of them wanted a guy like Mellon sacked a few weeks ago.

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:30 - May 20 with 7340 viewsD_Dale

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:23 - May 20 by DorkingDale

At their desk at 10.30 on a Friday night, and some fans doubt the commitment of the backroom staff.

I was about to go to bed, but maybe should hang on for news about Lillis.

At least KH should know what defensive weakness there'll be when Dale play Fleetwood and the Shrews. Assuming of course that he's still the manager.
Lancashire Gone Too on 23:43 - May 20 with 7282 viewsBrierls

They can make their own minds up. Not speaking for others, but I'm not the slightest bit bitter about Lancashire leaving. I was dissapointed when he was offered a new deal (like many, I suspect the offer was on reduced terms to reflect his future involvement), so I'm pleased he's moved on. We've moved on, we need better players than Lancashire.
Lancashire Gone Too on 23:49 - May 20 with 7253 viewsShun

They obviously won't, but all they need to do to get a true reflection of our feelings (sans bitterness!) is look at the thread on here from when our released list was announced not so long ago. The vast majority of people were aghast that Lancashire had been offered a new deal.
[Post edited 20 May 2016 23:53]
Lancashire Gone Too on 23:49 - May 20 with 7251 viewssandylaner1

"I am a centre half so I enjoy defending and keeping clean sheets but I also feel I can play football as well and when needed I can pass the ball," said Lancashire.

haha that's cheered me up after the Eastham news...
Lancashire Gone Too on 23:59 - May 20 with 7188 viewsD_Alien

Lancashire Gone Too on 23:49 - May 20 by sandylaner1

"I am a centre half so I enjoy defending and keeping clean sheets but I also feel I can play football as well and when needed I can pass the ball," said Lancashire.

haha that's cheered me up after the Eastham news...

So that's why he's moved on... he wasn't enjoying himself at Dale!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lancashire Gone Too on 00:15 - May 21 with 7148 viewsYouTubeDale

Sad to see Eastham go but glad to see Lancashire go. The opinion of fans are important. They see games week after week, year after year. Dismiss their views at your peril. You will always get weird viewpoints but take the overall sentiment. We might not see players in training every day but we see them at the most important time of the week which is the match itself. It's obvious, but needs pointing out.

Keith now knows the task in hand. He's got plenty of time to sort it out, it's not that this has happened just before the new season starts. There must be plenty of decent players wanting a contract even if we have to wait until the "last minute". It's a game of musical chairs out there. Some good players are going to be left without that seat and will be more than willing to play for Keith with the possibility of promotion.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 0:17]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024