Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR Fireworks 21:54 - Nov 5 with 8921 viewsnordenblue

Bit of a random one but still got what sounds like a war zone taking place in the sky near me, how in God's name is it still ok for any tom dick and chav to pop into Tesco and buy what's essentially a ridiculously dangerous pre made bomb.

In a day when the countries H&S bonkers it beggars belief these are still on open sale to every chav in the country
NFR Fireworks on 22:32 - Nov 5 with 4396 viewsrochdale_ranger

Proud chav done good reporting from sunny Cheshire here. We’ve had a wonderful night letting off a few bangers. It’s only once a year you miserable git.
NFR Fireworks on 22:32 - Nov 5 with 4395 viewsMoonyDale

Completely agree, it sounds like downtown Beirut near me also. Every night since Friday til after midnight, just rescued a new pup and she is fookin crapping herself every time a big un goes off...Time for a ban or just organised events only...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

NFR Fireworks on 22:37 - Nov 5 with 4385 viewsrochdale_ranger

NFR Fireworks on 22:32 - Nov 5 by MoonyDale

Completely agree, it sounds like downtown Beirut near me also. Every night since Friday til after midnight, just rescued a new pup and she is fookin crapping herself every time a big un goes off...Time for a ban or just organised events only...

I doubt you were at the shatila massacre or was present for any of the fighting between the IDF/Christian phalange against the Palestinians in Beirut so I doubt your qualified to make the comparison.
NFR Fireworks on 22:42 - Nov 5 with 4377 viewsJames1980

Lewes the nearest town to me does bonfire night in a big way.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

NFR Fireworks on 22:54 - Nov 5 with 4350 viewsDaleiLama

I can remember when they used to be a novelty. Now it's any excuse. Over-familiarisation just waters it down in my view. Those with young uns ……. do they still look forward to tonight?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFR Fireworks on 22:59 - Nov 5 with 4340 viewsMoonyDale

NFR Fireworks on 22:37 - Nov 5 by rochdale_ranger

I doubt you were at the shatila massacre or was present for any of the fighting between the IDF/Christian phalange against the Palestinians in Beirut so I doubt your qualified to make the comparison.

Strange that, am sure there's been hours of reporting over the years showing just how bad it's been over there so yes I am qualified to make a comparison, I also did 3 tours of Belfast during the troubles where strangely you couldn't buy anything stronger than a sparkler...Wonder why that was....If you heard a slight thud there that will have been my case being rested...

NFR Fireworks on 23:04 - Nov 5 with 4331 viewsrochdale_ranger

NFR Fireworks on 22:59 - Nov 5 by MoonyDale

Strange that, am sure there's been hours of reporting over the years showing just how bad it's been over there so yes I am qualified to make a comparison, I also did 3 tours of Belfast during the troubles where strangely you couldn't buy anything stronger than a sparkler...Wonder why that was....If you heard a slight thud there that will have been my case being rested...

I’m calling bullshit on that one the orange lodge have had bonfires and firework displays on loyalist estates for decades during marching season. Good night dogtanian.
NFR Fireworks on 23:09 - Nov 5 with 4324 viewsMoonyDale

NFR Fireworks on 23:04 - Nov 5 by rochdale_ranger

I’m calling bullshit on that one the orange lodge have had bonfires and firework displays on loyalist estates for decades during marching season. Good night dogtanian.

You can call bullshit all you like but the fact remains that you could not walk into any shop in NI and buy fireworks other than sparklers, and even someone with as few brain cells as yourself would be able to work out that if you can get weapons and bomb making equipment and supplies into the country a few fireworks at an orange gathering wouldn't have been much of a problem...

And as an aside I lived there for 5 years on estates from both sides of the divide including the staunch loyalist Greystones estate and the republican Newpark estate, also the Old Park Rd, and the Ardoyne area of west Belfast, and yes that was after leaving the army and marrying a Catholic girl at a time when it wasn't the done thing for a Brit who had served.... There aint much you can educate me on the Ulster situation at that time so I wouldn't bother trying...
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 23:17]

Login to get fewer ads

NFR Fireworks on 23:38 - Nov 5 with 4287 viewsrochdale_ranger

NFR Fireworks on 23:09 - Nov 5 by MoonyDale

You can call bullshit all you like but the fact remains that you could not walk into any shop in NI and buy fireworks other than sparklers, and even someone with as few brain cells as yourself would be able to work out that if you can get weapons and bomb making equipment and supplies into the country a few fireworks at an orange gathering wouldn't have been much of a problem...

And as an aside I lived there for 5 years on estates from both sides of the divide including the staunch loyalist Greystones estate and the republican Newpark estate, also the Old Park Rd, and the Ardoyne area of west Belfast, and yes that was after leaving the army and marrying a Catholic girl at a time when it wasn't the done thing for a Brit who had served.... There aint much you can educate me on the Ulster situation at that time so I wouldn't bother trying...
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 23:17]

Three tours in Northern Ireland and a piddling firework offends you? It doesn’t add up.
NFR Fireworks on 00:07 - Nov 6 with 4267 viewsMoonyDale

NFR Fireworks on 23:38 - Nov 5 by rochdale_ranger

Three tours in Northern Ireland and a piddling firework offends you? It doesn’t add up.

It might not add up to you but to someone with PTSD and a terrified pup it's fookin annoying, offended? Can you be offended by fireworks? I doubt it.....

NFR Fireworks on 00:16 - Nov 6 with 4263 viewsrochdale_ranger

NFR Fireworks on 00:07 - Nov 6 by MoonyDale

It might not add up to you but to someone with PTSD and a terrified pup it's fookin annoying, offended? Can you be offended by fireworks? I doubt it.....

You seem offended pal.
NFR Fireworks on 00:50 - Nov 6 with 4244 viewsMoonyDale

NFR Fireworks on 00:16 - Nov 6 by rochdale_ranger

You seem offended pal.

Nope, definitely a difference between offended and angry. Angry at some numpties who are probably compensating for other deficiencies by hurling explosive fireworks around through to the early hours scaring the living crap out of pets, keeping the neighbours awake, and generally being holes of the arse variety. What they need is a thunderflash shoving up their collective backsides or a quick rap across the knee caps with a baseball bat. If it was indeed once a year it would be ok. But this crap will go on til after new year..........

NFR Fireworks on 01:01 - Nov 6 with 4238 viewsrochdale_ranger

NFR Fireworks on 00:50 - Nov 6 by MoonyDale

Nope, definitely a difference between offended and angry. Angry at some numpties who are probably compensating for other deficiencies by hurling explosive fireworks around through to the early hours scaring the living crap out of pets, keeping the neighbours awake, and generally being holes of the arse variety. What they need is a thunderflash shoving up their collective backsides or a quick rap across the knee caps with a baseball bat. If it was indeed once a year it would be ok. But this crap will go on til after new year..........

Only been going on around our way the end of last week until tonight. ( it is mainly older people and families on my street/surrounding area though) which area of Rochdale are you in? My mum and Dad still live in the area and their dogs have been shaking like shagged cats for the last few nights. It will die down I’m sure.
NFR Fireworks on 07:39 - Nov 6 with 4151 viewsnordenblue

NFR Fireworks on 22:32 - Nov 5 by rochdale_ranger

Proud chav done good reporting from sunny Cheshire here. We’ve had a wonderful night letting off a few bangers. It’s only once a year you miserable git.

Why the need to mention where you live is strange and I'd hazard a guess it's not too sunny either at 10.30pm either, if it was only once a year it would be pretty tolerable as it is these chavs start it days before and drag it on till well after bonfire night,then throw a few in for good measure at Christmas and New year too is an open net to behave exactly how you like and fook everyone else,as you do!!

Your attempt to educate MD on all things NI is quite brilliant, a politically know it all lad reading things online telling a forces veteran how things are/were,that's quality.
NFR Fireworks on 07:43 - Nov 6 with 4149 viewsnordenblue

NFR Fireworks on 22:54 - Nov 5 by DaleiLama

I can remember when they used to be a novelty. Now it's any excuse. Over-familiarisation just waters it down in my view. Those with young uns ……. do they still look forward to tonight?

My little girl looked forward to it for a while this year, so took her on Sat to Roe Green cricket club who always put on a decent show every year. Theres certain a time for them but the place is definitely not in the back yard of some claiming chav with tramp stamps on his neck.
NFR Fireworks on 08:15 - Nov 6 with 4126 viewsaleanddale

Agree with the OP they are bloody annoying when they span 3 weekends!

Time for organised displays only with a licence and all done dusted in one day by 10.30pm.

As an aside what a disgrace the chav party burning the Grenfell efigy. Disgusting and quite rightly arrested and being questioned over the incident! Just how do these mindless morons think that this type of behaviour is acceptable?.
NFR Fireworks on 08:26 - Nov 6 with 4105 viewsMoonyDale

NFR Fireworks on 08:15 - Nov 6 by aleanddale

Time for organised displays only with a licence and all done dusted in one day by 10.30pm.

As an aside what a disgrace the chav party burning the Grenfell efigy. Disgusting and quite rightly arrested and being questioned over the incident! Just how do these mindless morons think that this type of behaviour is acceptable?.

I saw the Grenfell tower thing online late last night, how in the name of God did they think that was funny? That actually shocked me as it just came out of left field, what sort of mind must they have ? Didn't know there had been an arrest, very pleased there has been....The fireworks finished about midnight last night but they will go on til after new year near me, i'm on Craiglands and the main culprits are over the other side of Oldham Rd around Snowdon/Gerrard st. It's not kids, just adults with the minds of kids......Actually that's doing a disservice to kids if i'm honest.....
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 8:53]

NFR Fireworks on 08:36 - Nov 6 with 4092 viewsKenBoon

NFR Fireworks on 22:32 - Nov 5 by rochdale_ranger

It's more like 5 days. As someone with a dog who isn't best pleased with fireworks, it's an absolute pain. They should restrict it to one night a year.
NFR Fireworks on 08:58 - Nov 6 with 4065 viewschalky_ncfc

I feel sorry for your whippets but what about the pigeons in your back yard,how are they?
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 8:59]

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

NFR Fireworks on 09:51 - Nov 6 with 3992 viewsDaleiLama

NFR Fireworks on 08:58 - Nov 6 by chalky_ncfc

I feel sorry for your whippets but what about the pigeons in your back yard,how are they?

We have almost finished dosing them with bird flu before releasing them to begin their journey to Notto.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFR Fireworks on 09:54 - Nov 6 with 3982 viewsnordenblue

NFR Fireworks on 08:58 - Nov 6 by chalky_ncfc

You should have enough of them there pigeons in that Forest you have near you?
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 10:07]
NFR Fireworks on 10:00 - Nov 6 with 3968 viewsrochdale_ranger

NFR Fireworks on 07:39 - Nov 6 by nordenblue

Why the need to mention where you live is strange and I'd hazard a guess it's not too sunny either at 10.30pm either, if it was only once a year it would be pretty tolerable as it is these chavs start it days before and drag it on till well after bonfire night,then throw a few in for good measure at Christmas and New year too is an open net to behave exactly how you like and fook everyone else,as you do!!

Your attempt to educate MD on all things NI is quite brilliant, a politically know it all lad reading things online telling a forces veteran how things are/were,that's quality.

NORDENblue is perplexed at me for including where I live in a post. Right up until my last post all of my other posts were quite tongue in cheek. It’s not my fault you don’t really have a sense of humour.

And yes literally EVERYTHING I know is what I’ve read online. You really are so very astute it’s like you actually know me personally. Lighten up.
NFR Fireworks on 10:06 - Nov 6 with 3953 viewsnordenblue

NFR Fireworks on 10:00 - Nov 6 by rochdale_ranger

NORDENblue is perplexed at me for including where I live in a post. Right up until my last post all of my other posts were quite tongue in cheek. It’s not my fault you don’t really have a sense of humour.

And yes literally EVERYTHING I know is what I’ve read online. You really are so very astute it’s like you actually know me personally. Lighten up.

I dont live in Norden,shock horror but neither do I mention it like I've hit the big time either to somehow amplify my post a little bit.

Your posts don't read tic one bit but nice back tracking, "its like you actually know me" interesting comment considering you seem to know I've no sense of humour... it's like er you actually know me
NFR Fireworks on 10:09 - Nov 6 with 3943 viewsrochdale_ranger

NFR Fireworks on 08:15 - Nov 6 by aleanddale

It was a joke. Not a tasteful joke, not a well thought out joke, not a funny joke or even a clever joke but a joke none the less. What’s more concerning is the fact that our empty suit of a PM will join in with a twitter mob condemning it and you can be arrested for a joke. Meanwhile while all the attention is on the sick joke the people who ordered the flammable cladding be put up are sitting pretty and aren’t behind bars for manslaughter.

Look at the bigger picture.
NFR Fireworks on 10:13 - Nov 6 with 3935 viewssoulboy

NFR Fireworks on 10:09 - Nov 6 by rochdale_ranger

It was a joke. Not a tasteful joke, not a well thought out joke, not a funny joke or even a clever joke but a joke none the less. What’s more concerning is the fact that our empty suit of a PM will join in with a twitter mob condemning it and you can be arrested for a joke. Meanwhile while all the attention is on the sick joke the people who ordered the flammable cladding be put up are sitting pretty and aren’t behind bars for manslaughter.

Look at the bigger picture.

Im sure youd call it a joke if one of your relatives was burned to death in a tower nlock through no fault of their own.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024