Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part 18:42 - Mar 2 with 5234 viewsVivaDonaldo

We saw today what can happen when a fanbase is vocal and behind their team. The players feed off the positivity and referees can crumble under pressure.

There's no denying that Luton Town and their supporters have a lot more to shout about than us.

However, we have some crucial home games coming up, true six pointers. I hope we as fans realise that getting on top of the players and manager will only have a negative effect in this run in.

Let's take control of the one thing we as fans can, drive and create as positive and supportive an environment as possible over the next two games. I'm sure the players will appreciate it and will find the additional gears needed to get out of this situation.

I just feel that needless and pointless moaning and groaning would only serve to feed into what is already a dire situation and would only serve to compound our problems.
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 18:58 - Mar 2 with 4049 viewsnordenblue

While quite a positive idea,you'd probably struggle to find 10 folk willing to sing about the shite and constant pissing about with team selections we currently have to stomach, fans will back the team to the end if we are/were given the best chance to survive in this league,with the current clueless manager sat on his arse in first class on the gravy train stealing a living that sadly wont happen any time soon.

This relegation we are driving towards head on at full speed has been caused and it's something that could/should have been easily preventable,the problems were clear months/years ago it's that fact that doesn't sit too well im afraid.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 19:01]
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:02 - Mar 2 with 4024 viewsSuddenLad

OP..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:09 - Mar 2 with 3981 viewsrochdaleriddler

WHen have fans got at the players?, the club should be thankful people are still turning up. Maybe you should email Hill and ask him to sort things out so the fans have something to cheer about

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:13 - Mar 2 with 3960 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:09 - Mar 2 by rochdaleriddler

WHen have fans got at the players?, the club should be thankful people are still turning up. Maybe you should email Hill and ask him to sort things out so the fans have something to cheer about

Yes some are equating with what’s said on here with what happens at the games, just not the case.
This IS the place to let off steam for the fans.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:39 - Mar 2 with 3899 viewsVivaDonaldo

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:09 - Mar 2 by rochdaleriddler

I'm not saying they have.

More that the potential is for the next two games to be toxic from certain quarters.

Agree that players and management have their bit to do.

But so do we as fans.
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:48 - Mar 2 with 3863 viewsblackdogblue

Don’t recognise u as a regular poster on here, clicking on your user name looks like last November?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:54 - Mar 2 with 3839 viewsVivaDonaldo

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:48 - Mar 2 by blackdogblue

Don’t recognise u as a regular poster on here, clicking on your user name looks like last November?

Don't post that often obviously.
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 20:06 - Mar 2 with 3800 viewsblackdogblue

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 19:54 - Mar 2 by VivaDonaldo

Don't post that often obviously.

Yep, agree & thanks for being honest 👍

Your point is valid but away support will always for some reason be lower than home regardless of attendance vocal wise for some reason.

I remember a few years ago now being away at Bristol when we were having a bad start to the season as usual, Hendo scored and there was not enough of us to raise a chant so we applauded like a cricket match..

Fair play to the singing lads away, my boy joins them, thick & thin, away support is better than home

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 20:13 - Mar 2 with 3773 viewsrich_dale

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 20:06 - Mar 2 by blackdogblue

Yep, agree & thanks for being honest 👍

Your point is valid but away support will always for some reason be lower than home regardless of attendance vocal wise for some reason.

I remember a few years ago now being away at Bristol when we were having a bad start to the season as usual, Hendo scored and there was not enough of us to raise a chant so we applauded like a cricket match..

Fair play to the singing lads away, my boy joins them, thick & thin, away support is better than home

Agree, it's a time to be positive, the performance today was ok and the season isn't defined yet. Next two games are massive. It can change quickly so let's go into the next two games all guns blazing.
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 21:41 - Mar 2 with 3621 viewsBingoballs

Have you not heard the fans booing at half or full time.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 21:47]
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 01:49 - Mar 3 with 3319 viewsJames1980

Would shouting at players your effing useless and bleeping grip not be construed as getting at players?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 04:03 - Mar 3 with 3281 viewskiwidale

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 01:49 - Mar 3 by James1980

Would shouting at players your effing useless and bleeping grip not be construed as getting at players?

It must be the fans fault for not getting behind the team enough. Keith is right he has been let down by the fans for 18 months fans that go home and away especially.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 7:36]

This is not the time for bickering.

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 09:10 - Mar 3 with 3118 viewsJames1980

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 04:03 - Mar 3 by kiwidale

It must be the fans fault for not getting behind the team enough. Keith is right he has been let down by the fans for 18 months fans that go home and away especially.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 7:36]

Don't think I put that, just that I have witnessed negative comments directed at players. In response to a statement that it doesn't happen.

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:10 - Mar 3 with 2964 viewsParkinsGimp

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 09:10 - Mar 3 by James1980

Don't think I put that, just that I have witnessed negative comments directed at players. In response to a statement that it doesn't happen.

You are starting to get on my tits now ...rock up decide to support a team with no affilation then expect us born here ( and stuck with the team whether we like it or not) to be as enthusiastic as you. Its our club he is destroying, yes destroying...we will be lucky to survive League two with the shower he is bringing in. And having a board with no balls who let him get away with blaming the fans week in week out and actually swearing at fans ..well having said that we got directors who do that( wish he had swore at me!)
It is soul destroying to watch a team that once played with flare and no fear to this shambles. Hill has done a brilliant job in the past but I'm afraid he has outstayed his welcome and lost his passion and his ideas are outdated. . Players and managers come and go , fans are always here.
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:16 - Mar 3 with 2959 viewskiwidale

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 09:10 - Mar 3 by James1980

I know that you didn't say it James I was being cynical in regards to this team needing the fans input to improve results. While It is true many teams have turned a corner late in a season an example being us last year however this year there is no corner or hope or light in the tunnel. Current form suggests we wont win another match this season. Last 11 games has seen us win *1 draw 1 lost 9 for 11 against 31 all in a period where we had a transfer window where our better players were sold replaced by mainly loans and results did not improve. Has any team ever in the history of the game turned that kind of form around?

* our only win was against Walsall who quite spectacularly has worse form than us, just how that is humanly possible is beyond me and current form suggests if we were to play them again we would both lose.

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:18 - Mar 3 with 2956 viewsfitzochris

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:10 - Mar 3 by ParkinsGimp

You are starting to get on my tits now ...rock up decide to support a team with no affilation then expect us born here ( and stuck with the team whether we like it or not) to be as enthusiastic as you. Its our club he is destroying, yes destroying...we will be lucky to survive League two with the shower he is bringing in. And having a board with no balls who let him get away with blaming the fans week in week out and actually swearing at fans ..well having said that we got directors who do that( wish he had swore at me!)
It is soul destroying to watch a team that once played with flare and no fear to this shambles. Hill has done a brilliant job in the past but I'm afraid he has outstayed his welcome and lost his passion and his ideas are outdated. . Players and managers come and go , fans are always here.

You’re under no obligation to support Rochdale even if you are born here.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:29 - Mar 3 with 2933 viewskiwidale

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:18 - Mar 3 by fitzochris

You’re under no obligation to support Rochdale even if you are born here.

His use of hyperbole aside time will tell whether Parkins will be proven right however its become increasingly obvious that he is.

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:39 - Mar 3 with 2917 viewsShun

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:10 - Mar 3 by ParkinsGimp

Destroying? We own the stadium for the first time in my Dale-supporting life, we’ve just spent the past few years at the highest level we’ve ever played at, we’re reasonably financially stable, and we have a youth system that’s the best it’s probably ever been, but ok yes he’s destroying the club because we’re 22nd in League One 😂
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:39 - Mar 3 with 2919 viewsfitzochris

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:29 - Mar 3 by kiwidale

His use of hyperbole aside time will tell whether Parkins will be proven right however its become increasingly obvious that he is.

What, that you have to support Rochdale if you’re born in the town and not allowed to support the team if you’re not?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:47 - Mar 3 with 2894 viewsJames1980

I am sorry I didn't realise I needed your approval to support the team. Must have missed you on the club website under supporter approval officer.

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 14:03 - Mar 3 with 2866 viewskiwidale

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 13:39 - Mar 3 by fitzochris

What, that you have to support Rochdale if you’re born in the town and not allowed to support the team if you’re not?

you have completely misunderstood my post but in reply. I support Rochdale because I was born in the town as I suspect both you and Parkins were, does that make us better supporters than James? no it doesn't but let me put it this way are the millions of Asian who like the colour red or cockney supporters the same as die hard Manchurians who have supported United from birth encouraged by dad and granddad?... James is very welcome, his support of his adopted team is commendable a far greater commitment than mine has been since I left in 78 however he does not have Rochdale in his DNA like I have... no sleight intended towards James.

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 16:20 - Mar 3 with 2746 viewsD_Alien

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 14:03 - Mar 3 by kiwidale

you have completely misunderstood my post but in reply. I support Rochdale because I was born in the town as I suspect both you and Parkins were, does that make us better supporters than James? no it doesn't but let me put it this way are the millions of Asian who like the colour red or cockney supporters the same as die hard Manchurians who have supported United from birth encouraged by dad and granddad?... James is very welcome, his support of his adopted team is commendable a far greater commitment than mine has been since I left in 78 however he does not have Rochdale in his DNA like I have... no sleight intended towards James.

Not sure the Manchurian supporters of United had a grandad who supported them, though they may have been in the Red Guards!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 20:45 - Mar 3 with 2564 viewsrochdaleriddler

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 14:03 - Mar 3 by kiwidale

You can’t say Rochdale isn’t in his DNA as he wasn’t born here. I wasn’t born here, but I’ve followed the Dale for over 45 years .

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 23:15 - Mar 3 with 2468 viewsBlueDales

I'm not from Rochdale, I've barely even lived in the town. That absolutely doesn't mean that I "don't get" the club or am in any way less of a supporter. To suggest otherwise is absolute nonsense. I've travelled goodness knows how many miles up and down this country following this club, I've been a supporter all my life and always will be. But living or being from elsewhere makes someone less of a supporter? Give me a break.
Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 02:20 - Mar 4 with 2411 viewskiwidale

Next two games: Home support can play a huge part on 16:20 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

Not sure the Manchurian supporters of United had a grandad who supported them, though they may have been in the Red Guards!

These Manchurians are they candidates for brainwashing? believing Hill knows what he is doing? cos if they are they can piss off we have enough of them on here already.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024