Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the Beeb 11:09 - Jun 13 with 2309 viewsBigKindo

Bolton Wanderers' administrators identify preferred new owner

Bolton Wanderers will have a 12-point deduction applied next season as a result of going into administration
Bolton Wanderers' administrators have identified a preferred new owner to take over the League One club.

Final offers were received from five parties before Wednesday's 16:00 BST deadline.

The successful bid met the criteria outlined by the administrators, including proof of funds for the next two years and EFL approval.

Paul Appleton of administrators David Rubin & Partners hopes a heads of terms agreement will be signed by Friday.

The preferred bidder, who has been notified of their successful offer, has also agreed to inject £1m into the club in order to rebuild the playing squad.

"I am delighted we have been able to reach a more than satisfactory outcome to this stage of the process and I am confident the preferred bidder has the ability to take Bolton Wanderers forward," said Appleton.

"Until that (heads of terms agreement) has been signed, we are still bound by the confidentiality agreement within the process.

"But I can assure all Bolton Wanderers fans that the preferred bidder has both the financial ability and the determination to turn around the fortunes of this great football club."

Wanderers went into administration at the end of a tumultuous season which saw problems on and off the field, and culminated in relegation from the Championship.

A winding-up petition against the club over an unpaid tax bill was suspended by the High Court after the club went into administration, and an emergency food bank was set up to help out staff who had not been paid.

Bolton have also released a list of the 14 players that remain contracted to the club next season, including goalkeeper Ben Alnwick and Northern Ireland striker Josh Magennis.

From the Beeb on 11:42 - Jun 13 with 2230 viewsfrenzied

£1 million to rebuild the playing squad?

That won’t go far...
From the Beeb on 12:32 - Jun 13 with 2134 viewsToffeemanc

From the Beeb on 11:42 - Jun 13 by frenzied

That won’t go far...

Add it to the 12 point deduction and it might just be enough to go as far as league two!

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

From the Beeb on 12:34 - Jun 13 with 2125 viewsEllDale

Are Parkinson and Parkin still there?
From the Beeb on 12:48 - Jun 13 with 2089 viewsSuddenLad

So far, yes, but there is also the matter of the unfulfilled Brentford fixture, which will bring further punishment.

That may increase the mandatory -12 points deduction.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

From the Beeb on 22:33 - Jun 13 with 1662 viewsYorkshire_Dale

From the Beeb on 12:48 - Jun 13 by SuddenLad

So far, yes, but there is also the matter of the unfulfilled Brentford fixture, which will bring further punishment.

Good!

Let's hope they get another points deduction wallop.....it all helps OUR cause.
From the Beeb on 01:54 - Jun 14 with 1556 viewskiwidale

From the Beeb on 11:42 - Jun 13 by frenzied

That won’t go far...

I beg to differ, how much do we have to spend on new players? 1million would get us the striker and 2 defenders we need to be very competitive.

This is not the time for bickering.

From the Beeb on 18:24 - Jun 14 with 1300 views100notout

From the Beeb on 12:48 - Jun 13 by SuddenLad

Hopefully but when will a decision be made on this? (If it hasn't been made already*)

* The EFL have already met twice since the end of the season so maybe there will be no further action?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

From the Beeb on 19:49 - Jun 14 with 1197 viewsSuddenLad

It was supposedly on the agenda to be discussed at the annual conference in Portugal. Not sure if a disciplinary panel has to be conveyed separately, but they've had plenty of time to decide.

I imagine that the Gigglers will have been discussed as well. The earlier assumption (from the EFL spokesman) that if they hadn't resolved matters prior to the fixtures being released, they might have their EFL membership suspended or revoked.

There's no way they will have anything resolved before the fixtures are released, so some serious decisions must be imminent.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

From the Beeb on 20:07 - Jun 14 with 1170 viewschalky_ncfc

If Bury get chucked out of of the EFL then I can't see Notts being reinstated,we are in the s#@t right now with our court case with HMRC being adjourned until July 10th while Hardy sorts out the mess,we still owe quarter of a million I think,the new ownership was supposed to be sorted out in "7-10 days time" but that was in April,it's all been very vague since then and a lot of supporters are worried about administration
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 20:09]

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

From the Beeb on 20:15 - Jun 14 with 1152 viewsThacks_Rabbits

From the Beeb on 20:07 - Jun 14 by chalky_ncfc

If Bury get chucked out of of the EFL then I can't see Notts being reinstated,we are in the s#@t right now with our court case with HMRC being adjourned until July 10th while Hardy sorts out the mess,we still owe quarter of a million I think,the new ownership was supposed to be sorted out in "7-10 days time" but that was in April,it's all been very vague since then and a lot of supporters are worried about administration
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 20:09]

What’s the overall opinion there chalky, a season of stability and cost cutting or aiming to come straight back up?

Obviously you have released a lot of players, stead would not have been on peanuts for example, would you be happy to just get your house in order for a couple of seasons before attempting promotion push.

Genuine question as although the title thing still rankles with a lot, let’s face it, bURY are far worse currently!

Oh and fook off chalky, as is tradition 😂😂😂

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

From the Beeb on 20:33 - Jun 14 with 1129 viewschalky_ncfc

There is absolutely no way that we will come straight back up so I'm praying for stability at Notts but as I said we are in the smelly stuff,there was supposed to be three interested parties in buying the club,the previous owner of Port Vale,a South African consortium and another consortium led by an ex con man who sounds like he's heading Munto Mk2 whos only interest seems to be the land in and around the ground,Hardy is giving nothing away which is worrying because normally he can't keep his trap shut

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024