Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest from Mr B 15:06 - Aug 23 with 2242 viewsrkershaw

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1043844699?-1906:1007
Latest from Mr B on 15:32 - Aug 23 with 2157 viewsrochdaleriddler

Palios talking sh1te

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Latest from Mr B on 16:12 - Aug 23 with 2054 viewsDaleiLama

If the whole season is played behind closed doors and limited to a sold out 20% capacity it won't affect TRFC financially at all, as they have the same income regardless of playing in L1 or 2. If they belong in L1 they'll go up. Time to do your talking on the pitch. Unleash the grapes of wrath, not the sour ones.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Latest from Mr B on 16:17 - Aug 23 with 2034 viewsDalenet

Latest from Mr B on 16:12 - Aug 23 by DaleiLama

If the whole season is played behind closed doors and limited to a sold out 20% capacity it won't affect TRFC financially at all, as they have the same income regardless of playing in L1 or 2. If they belong in L1 they'll go up. Time to do your talking on the pitch. Unleash the grapes of wrath, not the sour ones.

I did wonder what she was whinging about. Tranmere couldn't really afford to finish off last season but wanted to try and see whether they could rescue their L1 status. Fair enough. But they also made 40 staff redundant so they clearly didn't have the funds to finish off last season. And remember they were selling 2020/21 season tickets in advance of covid so had cash from that too.

All clubs are hurting and Tranmere just need to focus on themselves. And refunding their fans. I do hope Mr B stops bleating on about how hard it is going to be......if I was a supplier to RAFC I would be wanting cash up front if you listened to him talk
Latest from Mr B on 17:11 - Aug 23 with 1885 viewsboromat

Latest from Mr B on 16:17 - Aug 23 by Dalenet

I did wonder what she was whinging about. Tranmere couldn't really afford to finish off last season but wanted to try and see whether they could rescue their L1 status. Fair enough. But they also made 40 staff redundant so they clearly didn't have the funds to finish off last season. And remember they were selling 2020/21 season tickets in advance of covid so had cash from that too.

All clubs are hurting and Tranmere just need to focus on themselves. And refunding their fans. I do hope Mr B stops bleating on about how hard it is going to be......if I was a supplier to RAFC I would be wanting cash up front if you listened to him talk

Think we're going to have to get used to it unfortunately. Can't see the tune changing anytime soon. I get it but I'm not sure what he's going to gain by forcing it down everyone's throats. Maybe agents and players looking to sign for us won't expect as good a deal but it'll also put alot off from even dealing with us if they think it's possible for us to get into a situation where we can't pay.

I get the feeling the Newby deal was a done deal pre-pandemic hence him signing early but the lack of signings since makes me think we'll be picking from the scraps a week or so after the season has started. If so our squad probably won't settle and get going until Christmas. Could be a long season hope I'm completely wrong.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Latest from Mr B on 20:15 - Aug 23 with 1526 viewsNigeriamark

Latest from Mr B on 17:11 - Aug 23 by boromat

Think we're going to have to get used to it unfortunately. Can't see the tune changing anytime soon. I get it but I'm not sure what he's going to gain by forcing it down everyone's throats. Maybe agents and players looking to sign for us won't expect as good a deal but it'll also put alot off from even dealing with us if they think it's possible for us to get into a situation where we can't pay.

I get the feeling the Newby deal was a done deal pre-pandemic hence him signing early but the lack of signings since makes me think we'll be picking from the scraps a week or so after the season has started. If so our squad probably won't settle and get going until Christmas. Could be a long season hope I'm completely wrong.

In fairness I would assume he is just answering questions that the Journo is asking. If he does 10 interviews they will all be asking about the financial situation & he is going to be giving the same answer. He has never actually said we are bust or close to being so, just that times will be hard if things don't improve.
Latest from Mr B on 20:39 - Aug 23 with 1471 viewsNorthernDale

To be fair he is not only saying Rochdale, but many clubs in league 1 and league 2, and it is a potential analysis of the financial impact of the pandemic on football at our level. It also makes you wonder how much could teams like Sunderland or Ipswich could lose.

At the same time, it does not give a good impression to prospective signings that we sound skint. I worry that the financial impact of relegation could be hard, in that when clubs and football can operate normally, how many teams in league 2 would turn up at Spotland with 1,000 to 3,000 fans. So it is a dilemma do we take the financial risk on signings that may keep us up or do we depend on young players and cheaper signings and risk going down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024