Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back from the last rites 20:49 - Mar 24 with 1595 viewsR17ALE

Think of as many downbeat adjectives as you possibly can, double them, add a couple of noughts, then multiply by a three figure number and you might just get close to the rubbish we witnessed today.

This was up there with Bradford and Wycombe away, or down there depending on your viewpoint.

The line up changes were understandable in my view if not entirely obvious. JC has clearly identified that we were in the last chance saloon bar needing to roll a double six to stay in the game. Thus he shuffled the pack as vigourously as he could, but the house that Eyre built came tumbling down like a pack of cards.

Bizarrely we persisted with the hopeless notion that sees the keeper distribute the ball short to a man who is immediately closed down meaning we surrendered possession in dangerous areas too often (think Tranmere's first goal) and Brentford were so average they couldn't take advantage of this.

They did however take advantage of some statuesque defending in the first half to waltz through and the shot bounced back off the post typically into the path of an on-rushing Bee.

The grit from Huddersfield, the energy v Oldham and Sheff Weds didn't appear as all 11 of them went through the motions producing zero shots on target, 3 or 4 corners, and 2 or 3 moves which you could deem an attack.

Meanwhile, in the second half we shipped such a soft goal, you actually have to see it to believe it. A ball into the box was headed out high by Amankwaah. As the high ball fell from the sky Jordan put in a half arsed challenge getting nowhere near contesting the ball. He then failed to cut out the resulting cross which presented a free header to their lad.

It was a surprise that Jordan was chosen ahead of Widdowson. He's the only player I've ever seen who goes slower when he puts his foot on the gas. In one incident in the second half he was 80-20 odds on to win a loose ball and didn't even get his foot on it. INdeed, I could have finished my coffee, descended two flights of stairs, nipped for a pee, clambered over the barrier and I think I'd still have got a touch.

The match from a Dale perspective was summed up for me on around the 70 minute mark. A decent ball from the back saw JLAA break clear on the right and he opted to shoot weakly from an impossibly tight angle which hit the side netting. Jones was unmarked six yards out and the look of fury on his face was understandable as poor decision making had cost him a tap in.

As others in the table around us were scrapping and bagging last minute equalisers, we drifted about like a bad smell on the landing. No panache, no pressing, no harrying, no desire. Some of it was Sunday football standard. We looked like a team of loanees standing against a wall in front of Jerry.

Not marking the players - no point as it would be nearly all 3 and 4's. They'll know how bad they were and I hope they have the bottle to batter Walsall next week, by which time it maybe too little too late.

I'm afraid we have got to the point where it's time to summon a bible clutching Priest to the bedside.

Oh, and Brentford were shyte too. Another waste of £x plus a £55 parking ticket on my return to the car for allegedly parking in a controlled area with no signs on the pavements and no paint on the road.

Can things ever get any worse than this?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just got back from the last rites on 21:00 - Mar 24 with 1546 viewsD_Alien

I doubt its any consolation Razzle, but no-one can evoke the smell of abject defeat quite like you

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just got back from the last rites on 21:02 - Mar 24 with 1529 views442Dale

Jordan's signing never made much sense, apart from the fact he used to play for City. His time here has mirrored his entire career: a player with ability who gets found out defensively time and again. Even during the period he did enough to get a new deal he was still responsible for goals. And he's still got another year...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back from the last rites on 21:22 - Mar 24 with 1465 viewssandylaner1

Just got back from the last rites on 21:23 - Mar 24 with 1452 viewsSandyman

That was a waste of time and money today. The match was shocking. JC agrees....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17412119

Not one shot on target against a team who aren't up there with the best this division has to offer in unforgiveable. At least Tutte and JLAA kept running forwards. The midfield was only interested in going sideways. Credit to Lucas for preventing them from scoring more. I doubt Mr Jordan has had a worse game in his career.

Positives: Good weather, decent pub and home fans, good company in the car.

Truths: The team of Rochdale AFC were, collectively, a massive disappointment. Having said that, they played showing no idea of what 'team' means in football. It was Eyre-esque, hopeless.

JC has a big problem on his hands.
Just got back from the last rites on 21:30 - Mar 24 with 1417 viewsroccydaleian

Just got back from the last rites on 21:23 - Mar 24 by Sandyman

Not one shot on target against a team who aren't up there with the best this division has to offer in unforgiveable. At least Tutte and JLAA kept running forwards. The midfield was only interested in going sideways. Credit to Lucas for preventing them from scoring more. I doubt Mr Jordan has had a worse game in his career.

Truths: The team of Rochdale AFC were, collectively, a massive disappointment. Having said that, they played showing no idea of what 'team' means in football. It was Eyre-esque, hopeless.

Ha. Fair enough, but how many times did TVOS, call me a tosser?
Just got back from the last rites on 21:42 - Mar 24 with 1369 viewsSandyman

Just got back from the last rites on 21:30 - Mar 24 by roccydaleian

His numerical skills are superior to mine so you better ask him
Just got back from the last rites on 21:43 - Mar 24 with 1363 viewsTalkingSutty

Just got back from the last rites on 21:23 - Mar 24 by Sandyman

Well we havent had a team all season in reality. It seems to me that a large number of the players dont actually give a toss, they seem to think they are a lot better than they actually are. The Tranmere game was a perfect example, they were simply out muscled and out fought by technically better players.

I would get rid of the majority of them and start again if i was JC. Get some proper men in to do the job because half of these prima donnas are stealing a living from our football club !!
Just got back from the last rites on 21:43 - Mar 24 with 1359 viewsSalwaDale

Just got back from the last rites on 21:02 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

Jordan's signing never made much sense, apart from the fact he used to play for City. His time here has mirrored his entire career: a player with ability who gets found out defensively time and again. Even during the period he did enough to get a new deal he was still responsible for goals. And he's still got another year...

I do think that JC will have to get rid off some of the players who are under contract.

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Just got back from the last rites on 21:50 - Mar 24 with 1332 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back from the last rites on 21:30 - Mar 24 by roccydaleian

Not enough!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back from the last rites on 21:59 - Mar 24 with 1301 views442Dale

Just got back from the last rites on 21:43 - Mar 24 by SalwaDale

I do think that JC will have to get rid off some of the players who are under contract.

It was surprising to see Jordan feature again after not making the squad after Coleman took over.

We've a nucleus of players for next year, but it's not really very many.

Keeper: Lucas (as back up preferably)
Defenders: Amankwaah, Widdowson (he has his faults, but he wouldn't be here otherwise)
Midfielders: Kennedy, Jones (more of a squad player but he'll do his best to prove that wrong), Tutte (the last few games have illustrated his potential)
Strikers: JLAA (effort and occasional impact, squad player), Grimes (will score goals, but can we afford to set up a team to suit him?)

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back from the last rites on 22:00 - Mar 24 with 1298 viewsroccydaleian

Just got back from the last rites on 21:50 - Mar 24 by TVOS1907

Not enough!

Yes but, i know you love me really
Just got back from the last rites on 22:04 - Mar 24 with 1280 viewsSalwaDale

Just got back from the last rites on 21:59 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

It was surprising to see Jordan feature again after not making the squad after Coleman took over.

We've a nucleus of players for next year, but it's not really very many.

Keeper: Lucas (as back up preferably)
Defenders: Amankwaah, Widdowson (he has his faults, but he wouldn't be here otherwise)
Midfielders: Kennedy, Jones (more of a squad player but he'll do his best to prove that wrong), Tutte (the last few games have illustrated his potential)
Strikers: JLAA (effort and occasional impact, squad player), Grimes (will score goals, but can we afford to set up a team to suit him?)

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I think Grimes will have to go as it doesn't look like we'll set up around him. Pretty much agree with the rest, although we still need to find a way to make Tutte effective - and he has shown it recently (and I was one of his harsher critics earlier in the season). I wonder which of our Coleman loan signings will join us in the summer.

TBBT

Just got back from the last rites on 22:05 - Mar 24 with 1277 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back from the last rites on 22:00 - Mar 24 by roccydaleian

Yes but, i know you love me really

Someone has to.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back from the last rites on 04:44 - Mar 25 with 1024 viewssweetcorn

Just got back from the last rites on 22:04 - Mar 24 by SalwaDale

I think Grimes will have to go as it doesn't look like we'll set up around him. Pretty much agree with the rest, although we still need to find a way to make Tutte effective - and he has shown it recently (and I was one of his harsher critics earlier in the season). I wonder which of our Coleman loan signings will join us in the summer.

Would imagine Symes is a cert, regardless of division. High chance of Edwards and McConville also.

Think Long is out of our reach unfortunatley, Tope can go find a club in the blue square premier as far as i'm concerned, i know darby isn't JC's signing, but would love to see him made permanent.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024