Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Devastating Player loss 12:21 - Jul 2 with 2641 viewsheywooddale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10441~2829298,00.html

Will be sorely missed with how much he contributed to the club
Devastating Player loss on 12:23 - Jul 2 with 2623 views442Dale

Surely Steve Eyre can put in a word with all those championship teams that were after him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Devastating Player loss on 12:24 - Jul 2 with 2601 viewssandylaner1

don't blame twaddle blame eyre
Devastating Player loss on 12:25 - Jul 2 with 2587 viewsheywooddale

Devastating Player loss on 12:23 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

Surely Steve Eyre can put in a word with all those championship teams that were after him.

Wait a second..... Huddersfield are a Championship side now.

Maybe Eyre has talked up his quality and that's where he is going...................Maybe not!!
Devastating Player loss on 12:30 - Jul 2 with 2557 viewsD_Alien

I like the "following discussions..." bit.

More like, ColemanBell have seen the article in the Scottish Daily Record!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Devastating Player loss on 12:31 - Jul 2 with 2546 viewsTomRAFC

looked average in his few appearances and had injury problems as well.

best of luck to marc wherever he goes and lets hope our next highly rated playrer who spent last season at falkirk is an improvement

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Devastating Player loss on 12:55 - Jul 2 with 2421 viewsSalwaDale

Twaddle just sums up Steve Eyre's time at the club.

I'll be honest I do feel very sorry for him. Unfortunately Eyre just had no clue who could or couldn't play at league 1 level.

Now that leaves us with Holness, Jordan and Grimes to get rid of. Unless I've missed someone else out.

TBBT

Devastating Player loss on 13:20 - Jul 2 with 2313 viewscy74

Devastating Player loss on 12:55 - Jul 2 by SalwaDale

I'll be honest I do feel very sorry for him. Unfortunately Eyre just had no clue who could or couldn't play at league 1 level.

Now that leaves us with Holness, Jordan and Grimes to get rid of. Unless I've missed someone else out.

Would imagine Holness and Jordan will depart with all the new signings

Grimes will be shipped off if we get in enough recruits would be my guess
Devastating Player loss on 13:20 - Jul 2 with 2312 viewsSyke_Dale

"We would like to thank Marc for his services...."

Login to get fewer ads

Devastating Player loss on 13:38 - Jul 2 with 2252 viewsolympicdale

What a wasted signing this was good grief, did he ever even come off the bench for us? maybe in the paint pot trophy but tbh I never really payed much attention in them ones, I do feel sorry for him, Eyre had no idea where to even play him.

Life is a game of fate.

Devastating Player loss on 13:42 - Jul 2 with 2233 viewsfitzochris

Devastating Player loss on 12:30 - Jul 2 by D_Alien

I like the "following discussions..." bit.

More like, ColemanBell have seen the article in the Scottish Daily Record!

They have been in discussions though, as no one up here would take Twaddle for a transfer fee, nor agree to take over his existing contract. In other words, the only way we were going to get rid of him was by cancelling his contract so that a Scottish club could afford to sign him. JC wanted rid, so that's what's happened.

The Record article is the work of Twaddle's agent and has no doubt been sorted to coincide with Twaddle's new found "availability".

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Devastating Player loss on 13:46 - Jul 2 with 2213 viewsNewbury_Dale

Fair play to him for going without a payoff. I assume he didnt get one.
Devastating Player loss on 13:52 - Jul 2 with 2178 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Devastating Player loss on 13:46 - Jul 2 by Newbury_Dale

Fair play to him for going without a payoff. I assume he didnt get one.

He may well have done.....I'm sure there would have been a cash settlement agreed somewhere.

As noted,his agent would want a decent taste too.
Devastating Player loss on 13:54 - Jul 2 with 2170 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just hope you are right on Holness & Jordan.

Would stick with petulant Grimes for now at least.
Devastating Player loss on 14:07 - Jul 2 with 2129 viewsD_Alien

Devastating Player loss on 13:42 - Jul 2 by fitzochris

They have been in discussions though, as no one up here would take Twaddle for a transfer fee, nor agree to take over his existing contract. In other words, the only way we were going to get rid of him was by cancelling his contract so that a Scottish club could afford to sign him. JC wanted rid, so that's what's happened.

The Record article is the work of Twaddle's agent and has no doubt been sorted to coincide with Twaddle's new found "availability".

I'd agree, but I doubt Twaddle woke up on 1 July and decided he wanted out, and surely it would have been to his advantage to advertise himself as being available as soon as he made his decision? I can't see there'd be anything contractual that would have stopped him from doing so?

I'm sure discussions have taken place, it's just a surprise that the announcement was made today - hence my slightly tongue-in-cheek post!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Devastating Player loss on 14:25 - Jul 2 with 2060 viewsfitzochris

Devastating Player loss on 14:07 - Jul 2 by D_Alien

I'd agree, but I doubt Twaddle woke up on 1 July and decided he wanted out, and surely it would have been to his advantage to advertise himself as being available as soon as he made his decision? I can't see there'd be anything contractual that would have stopped him from doing so?

I'm sure discussions have taken place, it's just a surprise that the announcement was made today - hence my slightly tongue-in-cheek post!

I didn't say he just woke up today and decided he wanted a move. I know for a fact Twaddle had been sounded out by Airdrie a good few months ago, but money saw that move break down. There were no doubt other Scottish clubs that also expressed in interest, too, only to have the same problem.

Twaddle was told more or less right away in January that he wasn't in JC's plans, so his attempts to find a club in Scotland have in fact been going on since then - between him, his agent and the clubs concerned.

It's taken until now for JC to realise the only way Twaddle will leave is by terminating his contract.

His agent has simply used the Record to advertise the fact widely that his client is now a free agent.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Devastating Player loss on 15:42 - Jul 2 with 1902 viewsColDale

I still think Holness may have something to give at this club. The back end of last season suggested that he's been frozen out, but it's one bad season out of five for him in a year where they were all pretty much bad. The number of defenders signed suggests that he's on his way out, but I certainly wouldn't class him in the Jordan category.
Devastating Player loss on 15:52 - Jul 2 with 1868 viewsrochdale1987

Devastating Player loss on 15:42 - Jul 2 by ColDale

I still think Holness may have something to give at this club. The back end of last season suggested that he's been frozen out, but it's one bad season out of five for him in a year where they were all pretty much bad. The number of defenders signed suggests that he's on his way out, but I certainly wouldn't class him in the Jordan category.

I agree, I think Holness will have been very disappointed at his performance last season and the fact we went down, but as col said i think he has something to offer us this term, solid defender at this level and still learning.
Devastating Player loss on 16:47 - Jul 2 with 1744 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Devastating Player loss on 15:52 - Jul 2 by rochdale1987

I agree, I think Holness will have been very disappointed at his performance last season and the fact we went down, but as col said i think he has something to offer us this term, solid defender at this level and still learning.

Never been a big fan of Holness......there's always a clanger just around the corner (FCUM in Fa Cup)......surely he is not still "one for the future" like Joey T?

There are better players around and we have a good defence set-up on paper and Coley has never really used Holness so assume he ,like Twaddle has been frozen out.

Now,about Jordan...............!
Devastating Player loss on 16:58 - Jul 2 with 1711 viewsSalwaDale

Devastating Player loss on 15:42 - Jul 2 by ColDale

I agree and really rate Holness. For his sake I hope he goes. Eyre destroyed his confidence when he made it clear that Holness wasn't going to be first choice after a great debut season. Things went downhill from there. A fresh start needed and I don't want him sitting in the standssevery week for us when he could be playing elsewhere.

TBBT

Devastating Player loss on 17:17 - Jul 2 with 1646 viewselectricblue

Rather have holness over jorden any day of the week...

I last heard that twaddle is to join bury as they are desperate is sign players as the are expecting all hands to the pumps next season...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Devastating Player loss on 17:27 - Jul 2 with 1625 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I hope Twaddle gets back into SPL i don't think he's to blame for a clueless ex-manager

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Devastating Player loss on 18:48 - Jul 2 with 1500 viewselectricblue

Devastating Player loss on 17:27 - Jul 2 by DaleAwaydayBot

I hope Twaddle gets back into SPL i don't think he's to blame for a clueless ex-manager

It wqs us fans who suffered under a cluess manager and some are still under medication..

Just seen on the back of steve eyres training kit " sponsored by specsavers"

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024