Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
summer recruitment 11:58 - May 6 with 3724 viewsRoChDaLe

bit dead on here at the moment so who do you want sold and brought in?

edit: i feel we need a bit more presense in the side so adding Hamza Bencherif or Damien Mozika to play in the cavanagh role would be great.

also andy barcham has always been good in league two and if henderson doesn't sign on or we've got some money to be spent on wages spare then he'd be great

i also think that we need to put a no sale tag on bobby grant, he's absolutely quality and is the man who can change games from a draw to a win in an instant!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

how is anthony elding still in league one?

summer recruitment on 12:13 - May 6 with 2936 viewsfitzochris

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

summer recruitment on 12:17 - May 6 with 2914 viewsRoChDaLe

summer recruitment on 12:13 - May 6 by fitzochris

cheers bud, some very good players available for free who seem within our budget

summer recruitment on 13:00 - May 6 with 2866 viewsAtThePeake

Out of contract players I'd be interested in taking on trial or having a look at there:

Ashley Eastham (Centre Back) - Impressed me when on loan against us for Fleetwood and Bury fans seemed to rate him quite well last season.

Andy Welsh (Winger) Was mentioned in Jan I think as a possibility of coming in on loan. Born locally and experienced in lower leagues.

Will Haining (Centre Back) Was captain at Morecambe and near enough an ever present I believe. Was popular at Oldham too in his early career. Very surprised he's been released.

Jon-Paul McGovern (Winger) Always managed to hold down a first team place at a variety of L1 clubs. Seem to remember him having a great game at Dale for MK Dons once? Might not have been him as I think we beat them 4-0 in the season he played for them...

Papa Bouba Diop (CM) OK, admittedly highly unlikely due to wage demands, but he only managed 2 games at Birmingham so may have to lower his demands? Real enforcer.

There are some other good players there too to be honest. Danny Whitaker has always been quality at this level for example. Some good players going for frees in the lower leagues that's for sure.

It's worth bearing in mind that not all teams have released their released lists yet and there will still be plenty more players up for grabs on frees when decisions are made on contracts over next few weeks.

Tangled up in blue.

summer recruitment on 13:16 - May 6 with 2845 viewsRoChDaLe

summer recruitment on 13:00 - May 6 by AtThePeake

Out of contract players I'd be interested in taking on trial or having a look at there:

Ashley Eastham (Centre Back) - Impressed me when on loan against us for Fleetwood and Bury fans seemed to rate him quite well last season.

Andy Welsh (Winger) Was mentioned in Jan I think as a possibility of coming in on loan. Born locally and experienced in lower leagues.

Will Haining (Centre Back) Was captain at Morecambe and near enough an ever present I believe. Was popular at Oldham too in his early career. Very surprised he's been released.

Jon-Paul McGovern (Winger) Always managed to hold down a first team place at a variety of L1 clubs. Seem to remember him having a great game at Dale for MK Dons once? Might not have been him as I think we beat them 4-0 in the season he played for them...

Papa Bouba Diop (CM) OK, admittedly highly unlikely due to wage demands, but he only managed 2 games at Birmingham so may have to lower his demands? Real enforcer.

There are some other good players there too to be honest. Danny Whitaker has always been quality at this level for example. Some good players going for frees in the lower leagues that's for sure.

It's worth bearing in mind that not all teams have released their released lists yet and there will still be plenty more players up for grabs on frees when decisions are made on contracts over next few weeks.

i like the sound of eastham and also theres michalik whos vastly experienced and is massive. we need some strikers though, we only have donnelly dont we?

summer recruitment on 15:27 - May 6 with 2747 viewsChaffRAFC

summer recruitment on 13:00 - May 6 by AtThePeake

Good shout with Eastham, I've said previously he'd be a loan signing I'd want to make so to be able to get him on a free would be nice.

Will Haining has one massive advantage with it in that his wife will come with him and no doubt come shopping at my work again like she used to! Decent defender as well.

I've mentioned Andy Welsh as well, he's a good experienced winger with a good delivery.

Would definitely have gone for McGovern about 5 years ago but he's about 32 now so I'd rather look for a younger wide man.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

summer recruitment on 16:28 - May 6 with 2693 viewsolympicdale

summer recruitment on 12:13 - May 6 by fitzochris

I could have sworn Jody Morris was retired.

I wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Chris Zebroski, although he may not want to come up north, but he's always been a handful when Ive seen him play.

It wasn't long ago that Matty Hamshaw was touted as a big talent, now he seems to be a regular on the yearly released lists.

Life is a game of fate.

summer recruitment on 16:34 - May 6 with 2679 viewsChaffRAFC

summer recruitment on 16:28 - May 6 by olympicdale

I wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Chris Zebroski, although he may not want to come up north, but he's always been a handful when Ive seen him play.

It wasn't long ago that Matty Hamshaw was touted as a big talent, now he seems to be a regular on the yearly released lists.

That's because Hamshaw is now in his early 30's. He was at Stocksbridge Park Steels this season and also coaches at Rotherham United apparently.

As for Morris, he didn't retire, he went up to play in Scotland before coming back here to play for Bristol City in the Championship but has been released.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

summer recruitment on 16:38 - May 6 with 2670 viewsolympicdale

summer recruitment on 16:34 - May 6 by ChaffRAFC

That's because Hamshaw is now in his early 30's. He was at Stocksbridge Park Steels this season and also coaches at Rotherham United apparently.

As for Morris, he didn't retire, he went up to play in Scotland before coming back here to play for Bristol City in the Championship but has been released.

Jon Harley is another one that kind of fell off the wagon, last time I saw he was at Bradford.

Wasn't Luis Boa Morte playing in l2 briefly this season somewhere, maybe a punt, if a very long one.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

summer recruitment on 16:41 - May 6 with 2660 viewsfitzochris

Morris was one of Derek McInnes's lieutenants at St Johnstone before he followed him down to Bristol City.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him link back up with him at Aberdeen.

summer recruitment on 16:44 - May 6 with 2652 viewsfitzochris

summer recruitment on 16:38 - May 6 by olympicdale

Jon Harley is another one that kind of fell off the wagon, last time I saw he was at Bradford.

Wasn't Luis Boa Morte playing in l2 briefly this season somewhere, maybe a punt, if a very long one.

Perhaps Harley's next signing should be with AA

summer recruitment on 17:03 - May 6 with 2624 viewsPotterDale

Luke McCormick to Port Vale? Give him and Hughes a chance to compare notes.
summer recruitment on 17:34 - May 6 with 2587 views442Dale

summer recruitment on 16:38 - May 6 by olympicdale

Harley is at Maidstone United who are another of those reformed teams now attracting decent crowds many divisions lower.

They also play on an artificial pitch and make a good deal of money from it. 10 years from now those pitches will be almost necessary to create income at lower levels.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

summer recruitment on 17:51 - May 6 with 2564 viewsAtThePeake

Zebroski has spent the last 3 months with Blue Square South side Eastleigh after failing to really catch at Cheltenham. Can do better than him.

Tangled up in blue.

summer recruitment on 18:46 - May 6 with 2495 viewsmacro

zebrowski was binned off by cheltenham for discipline problems
summer recruitment on 18:52 - May 6 with 2480 viewsRoChDaLe

summer recruitment on 17:34 - May 6 by 442Dale

Harley is at Maidstone United who are another of those reformed teams now attracting decent crowds many divisions lower.

They also play on an artificial pitch and make a good deal of money from it. 10 years from now those pitches will be almost necessary to create income at lower levels.

i swear he was at portsmouth this season, or am i seeing things?

summer recruitment on 20:06 - May 6 with 2418 views442Dale

summer recruitment on 18:52 - May 6 by RoChDaLe

i swear he was at portsmouth this season, or am i seeing things?

He was, but so were most players at some stage. Quite remarkable that Branston never had a spell there.

summer recruitment on 20:27 - May 6 with 2386 viewsRoChDaLe

summer recruitment on 20:06 - May 6 by 442Dale

He was, but so were most players at some stage. Quite remarkable that Branston never had a spell there.

no i mean like this season? not past 10 years of his career haha

summer recruitment on 20:44 - May 6 with 2356 views442Dale

summer recruitment on 20:27 - May 6 by RoChDaLe

no i mean like this season? not past 10 years of his career haha

Yeah, he did. As did thousands of others.

summer recruitment on 21:38 - May 6 with 2298 viewsolympicdale

summer recruitment on 17:51 - May 6 by AtThePeake

Zebroski has spent the last 3 months with Blue Square South side Eastleigh after failing to really catch at Cheltenham. Can do better than him.

A very broken toy perhaps, what's Carlos Roca doing these days.

Life is a game of fate.

summer recruitment on 22:48 - May 6 with 2247 viewsMass_Debater

summer recruitment on 13:16 - May 6 by RoChDaLe

i like the sound of eastham and also theres michalik whos vastly experienced and is massive. we need some strikers though, we only have donnelly dont we?

No, we also have Grant, Gray and Bunney, don't we? A fan would know that.
summer recruitment on 13:22 - May 7 with 2095 viewsaleanddale

Mozika would be a great signing.

Very very useful player at lg2 level.

And it would upset our friends from t'other side of Heywood.
summer recruitment on 13:56 - May 7 with 2053 viewsJorDale

Stanton has been released? Not seen him play in years now but one would assume he is past it for what we are trying to achieve this year?
Also i read matty done only played something like 14 games for barnsley this season.. off the bench included, doubt anybody will know his talents in league 1 as he was so underrated he went unnoticed.. possible?!?!
summer recruitment on 16:00 - May 7 with 1972 viewsfitzochris

summer recruitment on 13:56 - May 7 by JorDale

Stanton has been released? Not seen him play in years now but one would assume he is past it for what we are trying to achieve this year?
Also i read matty done only played something like 14 games for barnsley this season.. off the bench included, doubt anybody will know his talents in league 1 as he was so underrated he went unnoticed.. possible?!?!

Done has been on loan at Hibs since the end of January. I think they want to keep him, but wages may be an issue.

summer recruitment on 16:03 - May 7 with 1964 viewsaleanddale

summer recruitment on 16:00 - May 7 by fitzochris

Done has been on loan at Hibs since the end of January. I think they want to keep him, but wages may be an issue.

How Fickle is football,

Palace wanted him and offered £500 000 for some reason fell through.

Now he is touted for a return!!

Mozika - Done and Cresswell - + a couple of rabbits out of any hat hilly has lying around would do me!!.
summer recruitment on 16:05 - May 7 with 1963 viewsfitzochris

summer recruitment on 16:03 - May 7 by aleanddale

How Fickle is football,

Palace wanted him and offered £500 000 for some reason fell through.

Now he is touted for a return!!

Mozika - Done and Cresswell - + a couple of rabbits out of any hat hilly has lying around would do me!!.

Done won't be coming back here unless he takes a major pay cut. Can't see that happening if Hibs are quibbling over money with him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024