Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arthur (swampy) Marsh 17:55 - Sep 23 with 4209 views49thseason

Someone mentioned Marsh in a post a couple of weeks ago and lo and behold I found this
http://www.allposters.co.uk/-sp/Bolton-Centre-Forward-Roy-Greaves-and-Rochdale-C

Anyone able to figure out when the game was played (obviously at Burnden Park) ?
Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 19:31 - Sep 23 with 4100 viewsTVOS1907

It will be either 12th April 1972 or 17th March 1973.

Marsh and Greaves played in both games and Dale were beaten 2-1 each time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 20:02 - Sep 23 with 4049 viewsdogboy

I think it was 71-72 as I can still recount memories of 'Franny half dollar Annie' calling him Arthur Mash ..does anybody remember Franny or am I getting flashbacks to Hiltons pies, wagon wheels ,OXO , SELNEC buses with Reg Jenkins travelling to Spotland after a morning session at the pig farm...help I need to sleep tonight
Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 03:21 - Sep 24 with 3906 viewspioneer

Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 20:02 - Sep 23 by dogboy

I think it was 71-72 as I can still recount memories of 'Franny half dollar Annie' calling him Arthur Mash ..does anybody remember Franny or am I getting flashbacks to Hiltons pies, wagon wheels ,OXO , SELNEC buses with Reg Jenkins travelling to Spotland after a morning session at the pig farm...help I need to sleep tonight

I think its 72-73 because Bolton didn't wear 'collared' shirts until 72-3.

Could anyone forget Franny - the busman's friend.
Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 07:40 - Sep 24 with 3873 viewsMeanwood

Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 20:02 - Sep 23 by dogboy

SELNEC = South East Lancashire North East Cheshire i think? remember jumping off the platform at back, half way up Dye House Brew from Spotland Bridge, took a while to master, chin planted the pavement at end of Edenfield Street when about 12yrs old, still bare the scar!
Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 21:16 - Sep 24 with 3745 viewsdogboy

I think it was pre SELNEC days when if the inspectors came on and asked for tickets please, you used to shove them in your gob and present them to him on your tongue, really p****d them off (school memories) I can still smell their horrible gabardine rain coats, won't sleep again tonight
Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 21:51 - Sep 25 with 3614 viewsHuddersdale1

Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 19:31 - Sep 23 by TVOS1907

It will be either 12th April 1972 or 17th March 1973.

Marsh and Greaves played in both games and Dale were beaten 2-1 each time.

I was at one of those 2-1 defeats at Burnden Park, can't remember if 1972 or 73. I will probably have the match programme somewhere. I recall we were a pretty dour team at the time but very good defensively (Arthur Marsh formed a pretty good central defensive partnership with Colin Blant) and when we went 1-0 up me and my mate were quietly confident of a win (quietly as we were on the terraces surrounded by Wanderers fans-don't remember too many Dale). However I recall our keeper Gordon Morritt flapping at a couple of crosses to hand Bolton the win.
Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 14:07 - Sep 26 with 3495 viewsSandyman

There are many tales around town about "Facit Franny" ....
Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 22:13 - Sep 26 with 3411 viewsdogboy

Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 21:51 - Sep 25 by Huddersdale1

I was at one of those 2-1 defeats at Burnden Park, can't remember if 1972 or 73. I will probably have the match programme somewhere. I recall we were a pretty dour team at the time but very good defensively (Arthur Marsh formed a pretty good central defensive partnership with Colin Blant) and when we went 1-0 up me and my mate were quietly confident of a win (quietly as we were on the terraces surrounded by Wanderers fans-don't remember too many Dale). However I recall our keeper Gordon Morritt flapping at a couple of crosses to hand Bolton the win.

Did we once go top of the old division 3 midweek due to a Gordon Morritt penalty save against Walsall I think it was 72-73
Login to get fewer ads

Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 22:23 - Sep 26 with 3403 viewsD_Alien

Arthur (swampy) Marsh on 22:13 - Sep 26 by dogboy

Did we once go top of the old division 3 midweek due to a Gordon Morritt penalty save against Walsall I think it was 72-73

We did, but don't think it was due to Morritt saving a penalty. It was following a home win when Lee Brogden scored the winner.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/tournament/points.html?date=1972-09-25;even

The last time we were top of the third tier, exactly 41 years ago
[Post edited 26 Sep 2013 22:34]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024