Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back from ... 22:59 - Oct 5 with 2265 viewswimborne_dale

... Bournemouth v Milwall. I was geared up to go to Portsmouth v dale of course when I read on the Rochdale official site (last night) Wheelchair supporters need tickets in advance. Do not travel if you don't already have a ticket as you will not be accommodated. I also read on Bury's (yes them!) website that all wheelchair supporters were in the home end.

Excuse me! Are we not living in the 21st Century? The enlightened age of equal rights of access? What makes me angry is that at Bournemouth, Yeovil and Rochdale, wheelchair supporters can simply turn up and pay on the day and wheel straight into the ground via level access. Same at many other grounds. Rochdale with a gate of about 2.5K a game can achieve this yet Portsmouth, recently in the Premiership and F A Cup winners recently can't. I'm not asking for special treatment, just the same access rights for everyone. It's not rocket science. Just make a few spaces in the away end for wheelchairs. This should be a condition of membership of the football league - not an optional extra.

Btw. Bournemouth v Millwall was a storming game - 7 goals.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Just got back from ... on 23:04 - Oct 5 with 2249 views442Dale

Was there some trouble in the Millwall end?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back from ... on 00:27 - Oct 6 with 2148 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back from ... on 23:04 - Oct 5 by 442Dale

Was there some trouble in the Millwall end?

Yes, Millwall fans threw coins at some Bournemouth players.

The ticketing situation at Pompey was interesting. Home and away fans had to queue up at the same three windows (which became two at one point). I can't imagine them doing that for higher-profile games.

Although the area around the ground (back alleys, narrow streets, etc) reminded me of football in the '80s, I liked it. I felt like I was at a really famous old ground which is steeped in history, rather than a sanitised new-build.

Whether Portsmouth are still here by moral means is another debate, but I was pleased I got the chance to tick off Fratton Park.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back from ... on 13:23 - Oct 6 with 1821 viewsmacro

Amazing to think premier league football was there a few years ago. A good old fashioned ground give me, gay meadow over new meadow and millmoor over ny stadium anytime
Just got back from ... on 13:38 - Oct 6 with 1794 viewsDorsetDale

Just got back from ... on 00:27 - Oct 6 by TVOS1907

Yes, Millwall fans threw coins at some Bournemouth players.

The ticketing situation at Pompey was interesting. Home and away fans had to queue up at the same three windows (which became two at one point). I can't imagine them doing that for higher-profile games.

Although the area around the ground (back alleys, narrow streets, etc) reminded me of football in the '80s, I liked it. I felt like I was at a really famous old ground which is steeped in history, rather than a sanitised new-build.

Whether Portsmouth are still here by moral means is another debate, but I was pleased I got the chance to tick off Fratton Park.

"The ticketing situation at Pompey was interesting. Home and away fans had to queue up at the same three windows (which became two at one point). I can't imagine them doing that for higher-profile games."

Don't know where you got your tickets but at the opposite corner of the ground from away turnstiles (through the car park and down an alley which admittedly in itself seems daft) were two windows exclusively for visiting fans. I witnessed a dad and lad who obviously weren't regular visitors trying to get tickets for the main stand and given directions elsewhere as it was home fans only in there.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Just got back from ... on 13:42 - Oct 6 with 1790 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back from ... on 13:38 - Oct 6 by DorsetDale

"The ticketing situation at Pompey was interesting. Home and away fans had to queue up at the same three windows (which became two at one point). I can't imagine them doing that for higher-profile games."

Don't know where you got your tickets but at the opposite corner of the ground from away turnstiles (through the car park and down an alley which admittedly in itself seems daft) were two windows exclusively for visiting fans. I witnessed a dad and lad who obviously weren't regular visitors trying to get tickets for the main stand and given directions elsewhere as it was home fans only in there.

It was at the place you describe, DD. All three windows had 'Tickets for home and away fans' displayed in them. There were Pompey and Dale fans being directed to queue there.

Just got back from ... on 16:51 - Oct 6 with 1613 viewsDorsetDale

Just got back from ... on 13:42 - Oct 6 by TVOS1907

It was at the place you describe, DD. All three windows had 'Tickets for home and away fans' displayed in them. There were Pompey and Dale fans being directed to queue there.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview#!q=ticket+office+portsmouth+fc&data=!1m8!1

Is this the place, only 2 windows here

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Just got back from ... on 18:16 - Oct 6 with 1541 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back from ... on 16:51 - Oct 6 by DorsetDale

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview#!q=ticket+office+portsmouth+fc&data=!1m8!1

Is this the place, only 2 windows here

Yep, that's the place.

There were three windows open there, then one closed, then it opened again. I'm wondering if that door doubled up as one of their windows.

Fermin was in the queue at the same time as me, so he can confirm it.

Just got back from ... on 18:35 - Oct 6 with 1526 viewsfermin

Just got back from ... on 18:16 - Oct 6 by TVOS1907

Yep, that's the place.

There were three windows open there, then one closed, then it opened again. I'm wondering if that door doubled up as one of their windows.

There were definitely three windows serving fans when I was there - I assume Portsmouth have done some alterations since Google were there as I didn't notice a door.

Picking up an earlier point, when I was in the queue (about 2.45) the Portsmouth steward was telling home fans to go round though the alleyway and pick up tickets from the booths behind the Fratton end.

[Post edited 17 Oct 2013 8:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back from ... on 20:08 - Oct 6 with 1459 viewswimborne_dale

Having just seen the football league show I noticed that the wheelchair supporters were strung all behind the goal at one end on the front row. Don't know how safe I would have felt supporting Dale in front of a bank of Pompey fans.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Just got back from ... on 20:34 - Oct 6 with 1426 viewsDorsetDale

Just got back from ... on 18:16 - Oct 6 by TVOS1907

Yep, that's the place.

Fair enough, thought I was going blind. We got tickets about 12:45 and the only windows were the 2 in the image. They must have opened one of those doors which must double up as window.

Just got back from ... on 20:36 - Oct 6 with 1421 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back from ... on 20:34 - Oct 6 by DorsetDale

Fair enough, thought I was going blind. We got tickets about 12:45 and the only windows were the 2 in the image. They must have opened one of those doors which must double up as window.

I bet they didn't operate that system when they played Oxford.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024