Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? 22:13 - Jan 29 with 21978 viewsBasingstokeR

Any opinions on El Khayati from Burton? I haven't seen much of him, but JFH would know him pretty well...

are HITC links supposed to be banned I can't remember?!

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 19:45 - Jan 30 with 5176 viewsLowerloftLad

It does look like we are finally balancing the books and with young hungry player coming in seeing us a bigger stepping stone also anyone noticed how the press have not been on the clubs back about wages nowhere near as much bad press as the last 3/4 seasons
2.5mill Washington
400k Ingram
350k khayati

Austin 4mill
Harriman unsure 50-100k
Possible fee for caulker
Sandro,furlong,doughty,gladwin wages saved

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 19:52 - Jan 30 with 5141 viewsGloucs_R

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 19:45 - Jan 30 by LowerloftLad

It does look like we are finally balancing the books and with young hungry player coming in seeing us a bigger stepping stone also anyone noticed how the press have not been on the clubs back about wages nowhere near as much bad press as the last 3/4 seasons
2.5mill Washington
400k Ingram
350k khayati

Austin 4mill
Harriman unsure 50-100k
Possible fee for caulker
Sandro,furlong,doughty,gladwin wages saved

Got a great CEO who has been, seen and done this before.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 21:57 - Jan 30 with 4839 viewsLblock

I think I'll wait and see what this players like before I join the club back slapping

Massive step in right direction and I never agreed with a car park full of Bentleys

Proof in the pudding

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 23:14 - Jan 30 with 4723 viewsconnell10

For the reported fee we are paying for him i cant see how we can lose on this one.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 23:40 - Jan 30 with 4671 views1BobbyHazell

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 19:33 - Jan 30 by BklynRanger

Probably this one Gloucs:

If bringing him in is dependent on letting someone go I'd wonder more if we're negotiating a higher fee for Chery. Or that could all be separate and we're just be using the Charlie money.

Interesting little vid.

Seems tricky, not sure from that if he's got a left foot though. Seems to heavily rely on cutting back inside onto his right. Be interesting to see how he copes with better full backs who are aware of his tendency. Look forward to seeing what he can do.
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 00:51 - Jan 31 with 4570 viewsPommyhoop

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 23:40 - Jan 30 by 1BobbyHazell

Interesting little vid.

Seems tricky, not sure from that if he's got a left foot though. Seems to heavily rely on cutting back inside onto his right. Be interesting to see how he copes with better full backs who are aware of his tendency. Look forward to seeing what he can do.

I noticed that too.The times he did actually cross it in from the left he actually flicked it in with the outside of his right. Bit worrying but I noticed he received the ball way back in his half a few times which made me think he doesnt mind tracking back to help out the LB which is encouraging.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 08:55 - Jan 31 with 4418 viewsrsonist

Strange response on here. After pining for old school QPR style signings for so long it seems we've forgotten how to react to one...

It's a canny low risk gamble for a player hugely motivated to play for us with plenty to prove that the management know well. Right now we're suffering with a forward line of Phillips Fer and Hoilett, none of whom will be still with us in 6 months time if all goes to plan. If he's brilliant El Khayati can be our next Adel. If he's just good he could replace Hoilett's meagre productivity for a tenth of the cost. If he's not so good he can be a jack-in-the-box coming off the bench late in games. And if he's rubbish then he only cost £350K, cheerio. What's the problem?
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 09:22 - Jan 31 with 4370 viewsQPR_Jim

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 19:52 - Jan 30 by Gloucs_R

Got a great CEO who has been, seen and done this before.

No credit to director of football Les Ferdinand then?
Login to get fewer ads

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 09:26 - Jan 31 with 4364 viewsdaveB

Must be the first time we've paid a fee of less than a million for a player for years
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 09:29 - Jan 31 with 4354 viewsBlue_Castello

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 09:26 - Jan 31 by daveB

Must be the first time we've paid a fee of less than a million for a player for years

Do you only do long term memory and not short Dave, we just bought Ingram from Wycombe...
Have to say I'm with the rsonist on this one, if we get El Khayati for such a reasonable fee then it's worth taking a chance, let's face it the clubs wasted so much money over the last 3/4 years it's good to hear were trying to do the smart transfer business at last.
We just have to be patient and build in the same way Leicester did for 2/3 seasons, Mahrez and Vardy didn't cost them much and there's plenty more they got on good deals.

My one concern at the moment is that when we have shipped out the majority of our experienced players we are a bit short on Championship level experience. That said buying the best from Leagues 1 and 2 is a definite step in the right direction
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 9:40]
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 09:57 - Jan 31 with 4293 views1BobbyHazell

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 08:55 - Jan 31 by rsonist

Strange response on here. After pining for old school QPR style signings for so long it seems we've forgotten how to react to one...

It's a canny low risk gamble for a player hugely motivated to play for us with plenty to prove that the management know well. Right now we're suffering with a forward line of Phillips Fer and Hoilett, none of whom will be still with us in 6 months time if all goes to plan. If he's brilliant El Khayati can be our next Adel. If he's just good he could replace Hoilett's meagre productivity for a tenth of the cost. If he's not so good he can be a jack-in-the-box coming off the bench late in games. And if he's rubbish then he only cost £350K, cheerio. What's the problem?

I can only see one response on here who has a problem with his signing. Not including Qprdave of course, who has a problem with everything these days!
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 10:20 - Jan 31 with 4233 viewsDiscodroids

im doing a jig of jigs in my Ken Barlow kimono in the Kitchen.

I approve of this signing.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 10:28 - Jan 31 with 4218 viewsGloucs_R

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 09:22 - Jan 31 by QPR_Jim

No credit to director of football Les Ferdinand then?

Les doesn't run the company and I've never said a bad word against him. Would seem like we are living within our means and that comes from the top

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 10:44 - Jan 31 with 4186 viewsQPR_Jim

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 10:28 - Jan 31 by Gloucs_R

Les doesn't run the company and I've never said a bad word against him. Would seem like we are living within our means and that comes from the top

We could live within our means signing nobody or players who aren't wanted elsewhere. Les is the one identifying the players (good players) within that budget so deserves some credit.
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 11:01 - Jan 31 with 4154 viewsDejR_vu

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 10:44 - Jan 31 by QPR_Jim

We could live within our means signing nobody or players who aren't wanted elsewhere. Les is the one identifying the players (good players) within that budget so deserves some credit.

I would have thought JFH has identified this one

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 11:05 - Jan 31 with 3783 viewsisawqpratwcity

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 11:01 - Jan 31 by DejR_vu

Of course! Caught me with that one, too. I'm sure, though, Lee would look to Les for the nod as well.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 11:11 - Jan 31 with 3772 viewsQPR_Jim

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 11:01 - Jan 31 by DejR_vu

Well my comments stemmed from lowerloftlads post were he identified the young hungry nature of our new signings in general and the reduction in the wage bill at the same time. Of course in this instance JFH is likely to have identified the player if he wasn't already scouted previously.
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 11:33 - Jan 31 with 3721 viewsEastR

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 23:40 - Jan 30 by 1BobbyHazell

Interesting little vid.

Konch will make him look a world beater in training

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 13:12 - Jan 31 with 3591 viewsTheBlob

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 10:44 - Jan 31 by QPR_Jim

All Les has to do to "identify" talent is to sit back and let scouts and agents come up with names - f*ck me I can do that(and have done).
Here's one for you to look at Les - Christian Assombalonga at Waltham Abbey.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 14:03 - Jan 31 with 3502 viewsCamberleyR

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 13:12 - Jan 31 by TheBlob

All Les has to do to "identify" talent is to sit back and let scouts and agents come up with names - f*ck me I can do that(and have done).
Here's one for you to look at Les - Christian Assombalonga at Waltham Abbey.

Brother of Britt?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 19:57 - Jan 31 with 3330 viewskernowhoop

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 19:33 - Jan 30 by BklynRanger

Probably this one Gloucs:

If bringing him in is dependent on letting someone go I'd wonder more if we're negotiating a higher fee for Chery. Or that could all be separate and we're just be using the Charlie money.

The 'showreel' suggests that he needs some careful coaching to get the best out of him, so we should not pay too much.
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 20:05 - Jan 31 with 3306 viewsstevestrange

I bet Hoilett is shitting his boots, with this new signing
Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 17:01 - Feb 1 with 3053 viewsMarc

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 17:07 - Feb 1 with 3017 viewskingsburyR

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 17:01 - Feb 1 by Marc

Straight from painting his bedroom!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 17:14 - Feb 1 with 2953 viewsMytch_QPR

Is El Khayati the striker we're after? on 17:07 - Feb 1 by kingsburyR

Straight from painting his bedroom!

Either that or he's REALLY excited to be joining (?)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024