Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh Dineen DM conversation 08:05 - Aug 27 with 11037 viewswaynekerr55

Check out @Footyrhys’s Tweet:

Makes interesting reading.

This post has been edited by an administrator

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:29 - Aug 27 with 1973 viewsbuilthjack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:27 - Aug 27 by NeathJack

And the admission that the bid for Woods was not genuine as there was no £6m, never mind the extra £500k.

The question then becomes, was Potter aware of that at the time or was he lied to as well?

Lied to

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:34 - Aug 27 with 1948 viewsJonathans_coat

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:27 - Aug 27 by NeathJack

And the admission that the bid for Woods was not genuine as there was no £6m, never mind the extra £500k.

The question then becomes, was Potter aware of that at the time or was he lied to as well?

Posted on the other LD thread:-

Sounds like we were banking on making at least 6m more from the firelsale. When it got down to deadline day, we didn’t have the cash to pay. Obviously the yanks were not prepared to risk dipping into their own pockets, even with the potential of earning it back through further player sales/loans in Jan or next year.

Most of our owners are millionaires and we haven’t got a pot to p**s in. You couldn’t make it up!
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:35 - Aug 27 with 1937 views34dfgdf54

Bit of a low blow to publish DMs I’ve got to be honest.

Though, from what he’s saying there, we never had £6m in the first place, why did we continue to track Woods when there was no way of ever getting him? Seems like more smoke screens to me.

I laughed at the “I wouldn’t trust anyone else in charge of transfers”
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:38 - Aug 27 with 1898 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:29 - Aug 27 by builthjack

Lied to

Nobody was lied to.

If we got the money needed after the sales we would have done it.

The money just wasn’t there.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:43 - Aug 27 with 1866 viewsKrisP

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:35 - Aug 27 by 34dfgdf54

Bit of a low blow to publish DMs I’ve got to be honest.

Though, from what he’s saying there, we never had £6m in the first place, why did we continue to track Woods when there was no way of ever getting him? Seems like more smoke screens to me.

I laughed at the “I wouldn’t trust anyone else in charge of transfers”

My assumption would be that we were expecting Jordan Ayew to leave on a permanent basis, as well as the initial Clucas deal falling through. I doubt that we were just pretending.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:43 - Aug 27 with 1859 viewsDr_Winston

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:06 - Aug 27 by Uxbridge

That was the bit that intrigued me and I'm sure will interest those at the club who are involved in such deals. If someone was going around taking credit for my work I'd be pretty furious. More worrying would be if he's telling the truth. That's an obvious question we'll need clarity on.

Rule #1 of online comms, don't say anything you aren't prepared to put your name to, because odds are it'll come out. It's remarkably naive at best, some would say just plain unprofessional.

In the interests of balance, there's not a lot wrong with what he said regarding the financial impact of relegation. It's surprising how many people don't understand there's a financial black hole that arises from relegation that needs filling, and seem to think the parachute payments are something on top. If only.

Dineen was in charge of commercial for years to basically zero effect. Frankly I don't believe a word he says on the subject.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:44 - Aug 27 with 1853 viewsHeadmaster

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:43 - Aug 27 by KrisP

My assumption would be that we were expecting Jordan Ayew to leave on a permanent basis, as well as the initial Clucas deal falling through. I doubt that we were just pretending.

Should have taken the 8m for Ayew when Fulham first offered instead of scrambling around on deadline day. They have nobody but themselves to blame.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:45 - Aug 27 with 1829 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:44 - Aug 27 by Headmaster

Should have taken the 8m for Ayew when Fulham first offered instead of scrambling around on deadline day. They have nobody but themselves to blame.

People would have complained we ONLY got £8m then.

Login to get fewer ads

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:48 - Aug 27 with 1815 viewsNookiejack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:27 - Aug 27 by Catullus

I'll take all that with a pinch of salt. Surely we all understand the need to cut costs but, we have massively cut costs. Two thirds of our EPL first team squad have left. The parachute payments, as I understand it, have to be spent on wages, not transfers and that 40 million is just for this season. We'll get another 30 million next season.
Going on LD's figures, our wage bill ion the EPL was around 102 million, We need to knwo what it is now if we are to make a sensible appraisal of how much or how little money we have to spend but adding our income (parachute payment, transfer fees and assumed income this season) together we have around 85 million. With all the players leaving, would it be unreasonable to say our wage bill is halved? That'd be around 50 million. Of course I could be wildly off target but that suggests we have around 20 million in the tank. That's before taking into account last January where we made 22 million profit.
There's cuts and there's where we are, assuming I'm close. I suppose we won't know until the accounts are published though. Until then we have two choices, walk away and stop putting money into the club (in the full knwoledge that could seriously harm our already paper thin club) or keep going, support the team but not the owners or board and hope for the best.
As unhappy as I am, I'm firmly in the keep going camp. If only because I hope, if the owners are doing anything untoward it will come to light and the powers that be will step in. Whether that's naive, pragmatic or whatever, it's where I am.

Add a sale of Fer in January as he has come back flying from injury.

Then if Bony does the same coming back from injury - he will be off in January as well and you save £100k a week plus hopefully receive a couple of million for him.

We do need some clarity from the Trust on the position - even if they can’t spell out fine detail. Hopefully they are currently receiving the Management Accounts - including current forecast for year, in timely manner.

Something on the lines of:-

Players Wages
Administrators expenses (including Kaplan’s and Levein’s Management Fees plus Jenkins and Pearlman’s packages)
Total Operating Expenditure

Less

Season Ticket Receipts
Championship TV Money (Not sure if we get this if we also receive the parachute money)
Parachute Money
Total Operating Revenue

Plus/Minus

Amounts received from player sales
Amounts paid on new signings
Monies owed in respect of past signings
Monies to be received on past player sales

= surplus / deficit
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:51 - Aug 27 with 1793 viewsAl_Bundy

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 08:24 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Not really interesting apart from Dineens insatiable need to talk to anyone who will listen.

It is exactly what myself and the Res have been telling everyone for months. No money, we are running the club properly and will build slowly once PL wages are gone from the books.

Not a single revelation there at all.

Dropping down the leagues is not running a club properly. Piss poor management on and off the field.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:52 - Aug 27 with 1789 viewsHeadmaster

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:45 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

So we didn't accept 8m for Ayew because people would have complained? Righty-oh then.

If we were that desperate for cash we shouldn't have been in a position to demand more. Again, they have nobody to blame but themselves.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:57 - Aug 27 with 1727 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:52 - Aug 27 by Headmaster

So we didn't accept 8m for Ayew because people would have complained? Righty-oh then.

If we were that desperate for cash we shouldn't have been in a position to demand more. Again, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

I didn’t say that was the reason, I said what the reaction would be.

You have absolutely no idea the structure of that bid in order to make a judgement.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:59 - Aug 27 with 1714 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:51 - Aug 27 by Al_Bundy

Dropping down the leagues is not running a club properly. Piss poor management on and off the field.

Eh?

So if you get relegated then you aren’t running the club properly??!

Jesus.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:03 - Aug 27 with 1701 viewsthornabyswan

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:59 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Eh?

Jesus.

I am sure I read on here a couple of days ago that Dineen is still employed by the club in a consultancy roll.
Is this correct then.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:23 - Aug 27 with 1615 viewsSmellyplumz

Once Fer and bony go it's down the leagues we go.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:31 - Aug 27 with 1589 viewsDewi1jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:59 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Eh?

Jesus.

Relegation happens sometimes. It has nothing to do with how a club is managed/ mismanaged.

Not having funds after 7 years of coining Sky/ BT money, increased Worldwide advertising, fire sales of players quick sharpish no matter what the fee offered was, buying shoddy players some who must have struggled with a medical, is, IMHO total off field mismanagement.

The majority of companies and EGM shareholders meetings would have binned Capt Beaky and his crew already

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:45 - Aug 27 with 1528 viewsswan65split

Comedy Gold!!

Just for u, You know who.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:51 - Aug 27 with 1501 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:31 - Aug 27 by Dewi1jack

Relegation happens sometimes. It has nothing to do with how a club is managed/ mismanaged.

Not having funds after 7 years of coining Sky/ BT money, increased Worldwide advertising, fire sales of players quick sharpish no matter what the fee offered was, buying shoddy players some who must have struggled with a medical, is, IMHO total off field mismanagement.

The majority of companies and EGM shareholders meetings would have binned Capt Beaky and his crew already

Sometimes? It happens ALL the time. 3 teams every single year from the Premier League. To think we wouldn’t ever be one of them is utter lunacy. The fact we staved it off for 7 (yes seven) years is remarkable.

However it came at a cost, heavy squad investment. You say we have nothing, yet we have a state of the art academy and top class training facilities to show for it, not to mention memories to last a lifetime... including winning our first ever major trophy.

The club is not a bank. It spends what it earns in order to achieve. Well we spend what we earned and achieved more than we could ever dream of - and have a legacy to boot.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:55 - Aug 27 with 1489 viewsSwanjaxs

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:23 - Aug 27 by Smellyplumz

McBurnie and Fulton are already playing with injuries, Fer has been rushed back weeks ahead of schedule, factor in more inevitable injury's and suspensions and we are going to drop like a stone

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:57 - Aug 27 with 1480 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 09:55 - Aug 27 by Jackfath

The bit about saying Huw knows the club and cant be replaced:

Does Mr Dineen truly believe a worldwide company like SCFC wouldn't attract some top individuals especially given that the salary is in the region of a reported 500k per year?

Is there nobody else in the world as capable as Mr Jenkins?

That's exactly what E20 has been saying. One and the same? Probably one of Dineen's smarter friends.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:59 - Aug 27 with 1457 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:57 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

That's exactly what E20 has been saying. One and the same? Probably one of Dineen's smarter friends.

Because it’s true. Not palatable - but true all the same.

Oh and never met the man in my life, neither of them.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:01 - Aug 27 with 1459 viewsshandyjack

As I mentioned to Darren embarrassing on all fronts, Dineen speaking 'confidentially' on twitter to a 15 year old kid. Then said 15 year old kid releasing the info for likes and retweets.
There wasn't anything he said that most didn't already know suspect.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:01 - Aug 27 with 1457 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:44 - Aug 27 by Headmaster

More kamikaze financial management. But the "fans who pray we lose" are the people to blame. Obviously.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:01 - Aug 27 with 1454 viewsforkbeard

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:23 - Aug 27 by Smellyplumz

They don’t make up the whole team so how did you work that one out?
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:02 - Aug 27 with 1441 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:45 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Knowing we would have been able to plug some of the gaping holes in our squad I would have bitten their hands off at 8 million .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024