Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh Dineen DM conversation 08:05 - Aug 27 with 11043 viewswaynekerr55

Check out @Footyrhys’s Tweet:

Makes interesting reading.

This post has been edited by an administrator

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:04 - Aug 27 with 1628 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:02 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Knowing we would have been able to plug some of the gaping holes in our squad I would have bitten their hands off at 8 million .

You have no idea the structure of the bid so impossible to say that with any conviction.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:11 - Aug 27 with 1616 viewsthornabyswan

I like the bit the fans deserve the truth I had to tell people.
Shame he never told the Trust or fans when the club got sold behind there backs.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:11 - Aug 27 with 1615 viewscostalotta

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:57 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

That's exactly what E20 has been saying. One and the same? Probably one of Dineen's smarter friends.

Of course It’s not true. Anyone can be replaced and sometimes quite easily. Admittedly there’s a very specific skill set required here. And, the last time I checked it’s debatable whether the current incumbent actually does have what is required. Performance wise it’s there for all to see.

Anyway, that’s my experience when I’ve had to move people on or change focus/direction you do it. The thing is, as soon as someone claims that they or someone’s else is irreplaceable, that’s exactly when they should be! Like you need young and hungry players, management etc. You also need that (maybe not the young bit) but certainly the hungry bit. So that leadership is striving for improvement, is fresh, new impetus and new ideas.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:15 - Aug 27 with 1584 viewsFireboy2

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:38 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Nobody was lied to.

If we got the money needed after the sales we would have done it.

The money just wasn’t there.

If potter was told that we were going to get rid of the big earners and then being replaced with championship standard players on championship wages then he has been lied to

Imo if dineen and the rest of the sellouts all resigned and left the yanks to run the club it would go down well with the fans

Its what they did and the fact that they are getting paid handsomely for basically doing fack all thats p!ssing every decent loyal hard working fan off
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:25 - Aug 27 with 1526 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:04 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

You have no idea the structure of the bid so impossible to say that with any conviction.

Dineen seems to imply differently.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:25 - Aug 27 with 1526 viewsQJumpingJack

What a mess.

It does highlight that there is potential rift between the board and former board members (the Americans vs the for former shareholders) - which can only benefit the Trust.

I wonder if the former shareholders are furious with Levien after he admitted at the Trust Forum that he was told to keep the Trust out of talks.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:27 - Aug 27 with 1498 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:25 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Dineen seems to imply differently.

He implied that you knew the structure?

Where?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:33 - Aug 27 with 1480 views34dfgdf54

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:04 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Like you had no idea on the structure of the Burnley Clucas bid, but you still go on and on about it.

Whatever the structure of the bid, it’s a pretty safe bet we’d be better off than having to lose him on loan. We played hard ball and lost, it happens.
Login to get fewer ads

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:35 - Aug 27 with 1470 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:27 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

He implied that you knew the structure?

Where?

Here we go again. No, he implied that the structure would have allowed Potter to bring players (namely Woods) in. You tedious tw*t.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:38 - Aug 27 with 1437 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:33 - Aug 27 by 34dfgdf54

Like you had no idea on the structure of the Burnley Clucas bid, but you still go on and on about it.

Whatever the structure of the bid, it’s a pretty safe bet we’d be better off than having to lose him on loan. We played hard ball and lost, it happens.

It was deemed good enough to be accepted. That’s all that matters.

Ayews was not deemed good enough, we didn’t “lose” him on loan, he is still registered to us.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:39 - Aug 27 with 1431 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:35 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Here we go again. No, he implied that the structure would have allowed Potter to bring players (namely Woods) in. You tedious tw*t.

Meaning what exactly?

You can name call all you like but you aren’t making much sense.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:42 - Aug 27 with 1430 views34dfgdf54

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:38 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

It was deemed good enough to be accepted. That’s all that matters.

Ayews was not deemed good enough, we didn’t “lose” him on loan, he is still registered to us.

Do you think he will ever play for us again? Also, we could well still be paying a percentage of his wages.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:44 - Aug 27 with 1408 viewsE20Jack

I would like to think not.

However he is a cracking player and another good season in the PL should see his value rise again.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:44 - Aug 27 with 1419 viewsheadcleaner

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:51 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Sometimes? It happens ALL the time. 3 teams every single year from the Premier League. To think we wouldn’t ever be one of them is utter lunacy. The fact we staved it off for 7 (yes seven) years is remarkable.

However it came at a cost, heavy squad investment. You say we have nothing, yet we have a state of the art academy and top class training facilities to show for it, not to mention memories to last a lifetime... including winning our first ever major trophy.

The club is not a bank. It spends what it earns in order to achieve. Well we spend what we earned and achieved more than we could ever dream of - and have a legacy to boot.

You're saying there haven't been three teams worse or potentially worse than us every season and it's been luck we've stayed up for as long as we did? What a load of cods. If we didn't keep paying managers off If we didn't spend our life savings on players then never playing them then loaning them out with no return if we worked night and day or hired in decent PR people or Commercial people to do a decent job then maybe we wouldn't be where we are now.

As for state of the art facilities do yourself a favour and use Google to have a look at state of the art training facilities. Sadly Swansea City Football club won't show up on any searches. We have bog standard facilities lets not kid ourselves they aren't state of the art. they might be light years above anything we've had before like the beach or jersey marine or the Glamorgan but state of the art they are not. If donkey Dineen or shagger or Beaky say something is state of the art take it with a pinch of salt.

I will agree we did well to win a trophy and credit was given for that. I'd also agree that once we got to the prem we did do well to stay there but the way we left was a shambles and that sadly comes down to mismanagment and not luck or our time was up. We have plenty of USP's in swansea yet we very rarely made any use of them.

another thing you keep banging on about is who can run a multi-million-pound company if Beaky left - well, I'd suggest there are plenty out there in business. Just watched the saving pounland programme and the Guy Chris Edwards who came in to save them I wouldn't mind betting did it for less than a million a year wages. He's just one example of a CEO who has a head for business and I bet its fairly transferable once you know how to run multi sites with hundreds of employees. Unlike Jenkins who didn't have a good track record and will leave SCFC as the most vilified chairman in the clubs history - what a legacy that is. If an advert was made available there would be plenty of highly motivated and more than capable candidates chomping at the bit to make a cool mill per year to run a medium-sized football club and do it well the biggest problem would be getting 100% truth from the outgoing people and being given what they need and who they need to do things properly.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 13:47]
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:56 - Aug 27 with 1379 views34dfgdf54

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:44 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

I would like to think not.

However he is a cracking player and another good season in the PL should see his value rise again.

Won’t be a lot of good to us as his contract runs out in May 2019.

Edit - 2020. Will be into last year of contract. Can’t see his value being increased dramatically.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 13:59]
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:59 - Aug 27 with 1349 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:56 - Aug 27 by 34dfgdf54

Won’t be a lot of good to us as his contract runs out in May 2019.

Edit - 2020. Will be into last year of contract. Can’t see his value being increased dramatically.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 13:59]

Which means if he performs they will be desperate to secure him in January or risk losing him. Or in the summer it seems as you say it’s 2020 not 2019.

Headcleaner - that is far too long winded to read and dissect at this time of night. Can you condense it for me? If not you will have to wait for me to do it tomorrow.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 14:06]

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:10 - Aug 27 with 1308 viewsmajorraglan

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:59 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Which means if he performs they will be desperate to secure him in January or risk losing him. Or in the summer it seems as you say it’s 2020 not 2019.

Headcleaner - that is far too long winded to read and dissect at this time of night. Can you condense it for me? If not you will have to wait for me to do it tomorrow.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 14:06]

What part of the world are you in?
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:11 - Aug 27 with 1294 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:10 - Aug 27 by majorraglan

What part of the world are you in?

Night time part.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:26 - Aug 27 with 1261 views100onZero

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:57 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

I didn’t say that was the reason, I said what the reaction would be.

You have absolutely no idea the structure of that bid in order to make a judgement.

I'm pretty sure it would have been better than the loan deal we currently have.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:28 - Aug 27 with 1239 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:26 - Aug 27 by 100onZero

I'm pretty sure it would have been better than the loan deal we currently have.

Loan deals aren’t finite.

You won’t be able to make a judgement until we get him back and sell him.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:47 - Aug 27 with 1177 viewsTheResurrection

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 12:55 - Aug 27 by Swanjaxs

McBurnie and Fulton are already playing with injuries, Fer has been rushed back weeks ahead of schedule, factor in more inevitable injury's and suspensions and we are going to drop like a stone

Oh he's been rushed back now.

It couldn't have possibly been he was just ready 😂

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:53 - Aug 27 with 1166 viewsmajorraglan

When the club went down I always felt that there would be upwards of 15 players leaving because with the club seeing its income slashed it couldn’t afford to retain the players and would want to sell them to generate funds and secondly because those players who were any good wouldn’t want to take a hit on their pay cheques and would want out. If what LD says is correct and I have no reason to doubt it, it paints a very concerning picture of how the club has been run and the future.

Let's be fair, the club has come from the basement of the Football League to the PL, stayed in the PL for 7 seasons, won a trophy and experienced an European adventure, to be fair that is some achievement and HJ et all have to be given credit for that and some tidy business in the transfer market. That said, the last few years have been very poor in comparison, managerial decisions that haven’t worked out, high turnover of managers, compensation paid out on a regular basis and it has to be acknowledged some poor business in the transfer market for example a loss of approximately £9m was sustained in 12 months and that wasn’t just a one off, Baston, Mesa and Tabannou all spring to mind and there are more. Questions have to be asked.

There are a couple of things that concern me, firstly the financial situation going forward, what does the picture really look like? Messrs Kaplan and Levein and the 27 investors, I assume they will have contingencies in place to get their money back, ideally that would have been through selling the club for a profit on returning it to the PL, but as things stand that looks unlikely to be the case this season. How will they do that? How will they extract £67m from the club and what will be left? Its early days, but I hoped the club would be in a similar position to Burnley making a serious attempt to bounce back to the PL, but I am now concerned it could drop through the League like Blackpool. All is not lost and it’s early days, but the manager has to be backed with what resources are available as the club can let half a season go before strengthening in January.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:54 - Aug 27 with 1157 viewsmajorraglan

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:11 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Night time part.

Are you 1of the US investors or an associate of them?
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:58 - Aug 27 with 1126 viewsE20Jack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 14:54 - Aug 27 by majorraglan

Are you 1of the US investors or an associate of them?

Of course not.

This is all just common sense.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 15:34 - Aug 27 with 1063 viewsAl_Bundy

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 11:59 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Eh?

So if you get relegated then you aren’t running the club properly??!

Jesus.

It is if you squander your transfer budget on gash and repeat and rinse Managers

Then have a global brand then become skint overnight !!!

Fcek me you are you being serious !?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024