Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh Dineen DM conversation 08:05 - Aug 27 with 11042 viewswaynekerr55

Check out @Footyrhys’s Tweet:

Makes interesting reading.

This post has been edited by an administrator

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 15:57 - Aug 27 with 1872 viewsSmellyplumz

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:01 - Aug 27 by forkbeard

They don’t make up the whole team so how did you work that one out?

I think your clever enough to work that one out and that's a compliment.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:04 - Aug 27 with 1841 viewsHighjack

So we spent most of the summer courting Woods. Probably even agreed terms with him. He’s ready to move his whole family down here and we say whoops sorry mate but we never had the money to buy you in the first place.

It’s laughable. It’s embarrassing. It’s completely amateurish and unprofessional.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:07 - Aug 27 with 1832 viewsSmellyplumz

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:04 - Aug 27 by Highjack

So we spent most of the summer courting Woods. Probably even agreed terms with him. He’s ready to move his whole family down here and we say whoops sorry mate but we never had the money to buy you in the first place.

It’s laughable. It’s embarrassing. It’s completely amateurish and unprofessional.

Grit and beauty innit.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:08 - Aug 27 with 1828 viewsjasper_T

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:04 - Aug 27 by Highjack

Of course we didn't have the money "in the first place" when we started negotiations we still had half a dozen players to shift.

I see no reason to think we weren't pursuing him in good faith, but a combination of his rising price (Stoke are paying £7m plus significant addons when we opened at what, £4m?) and our failure to get what we expected for Clucas and the Ayews made the deal less and less feasible as deadline day approached.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:08 - Aug 27 with 1828 viewsCatullus

Anybody who says mismanagent can't be responsible for relegation is talking obvious nonsense. Although even a well run club can still be relegated, mismanagement as in wasting huge sums, buying poor players, not supporting a manager properly and whatever else you want to include can obviously cause a relegation.
Not taking the 8 million for J Ayew, I reckon it was a big mistake. That was 8 million coming in and shifting him off the wgae bill, they were greedy, wanted more and it backfired. Even if it was staged payments it was still money IN our budget.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:09 - Aug 27 with 1822 viewsswan65split

Only in Swansea mun.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:21 - Aug 27 with 1789 viewsDr_Winston

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:08 - Aug 27 by jasper_T

Of course we didn't have the money "in the first place" when we started negotiations we still had half a dozen players to shift.

I see no reason to think we weren't pursuing him in good faith, but a combination of his rising price (Stoke are paying £7m plus significant addons when we opened at what, £4m?) and our failure to get what we expected for Clucas and the Ayews made the deal less and less feasible as deadline day approached.

Tend to concur with this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:28 - Aug 27 with 1769 viewsdobjack2

The interest got leaked to the press so instead of a quiet enquiry it became headline news for us. Were they hoping that Brentford wouldn’t leak interest to set up a bidding war or that Woods’ agent wouldn’t leak it because ideally they wanted interest from a midland area club?

What made it worse was that negotiations appeared to have kept on going until the very end. A PR disaster with fans. Although it will be nothing compared to the fall out if we don’t get a defensive midfielder and striker in on loan.

I assume the McKenna stories are pretty much the same as Woods - interested but no

I believe the owners banked on getting in over £25 million more than they got on the Ayew’s and Clucas.

Without knowing the payment scheme and timescales for players such as bony, Clucas, Andre ayew etc. And our payment scheme for Sigurdsson and the fire sale players it’s impossible to tell if there are serious cash flow problems.
Login to get fewer ads

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:55 - Aug 27 with 1685 viewsawayjack

Why do you think we didn’t have money? We’d sold players before deadline day for £30m+.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 17:03 - Aug 27 with 1653 viewsjasper_T

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:55 - Aug 27 by awayjack

Why do you think we didn’t have money? We’d sold players before deadline day for £30m+.

We started the window needing to find £50m+ to cover costs for this season due to the loss of half our previous annual income. The club has never been cash rich.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 17:07 - Aug 27 with 1632 viewsjasper_T

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:28 - Aug 27 by dobjack2

The interest got leaked to the press so instead of a quiet enquiry it became headline news for us. Were they hoping that Brentford wouldn’t leak interest to set up a bidding war or that Woods’ agent wouldn’t leak it because ideally they wanted interest from a midland area club?

What made it worse was that negotiations appeared to have kept on going until the very end. A PR disaster with fans. Although it will be nothing compared to the fall out if we don’t get a defensive midfielder and striker in on loan.

I assume the McKenna stories are pretty much the same as Woods - interested but no

I believe the owners banked on getting in over £25 million more than they got on the Ayew’s and Clucas.

Without knowing the payment scheme and timescales for players such as bony, Clucas, Andre ayew etc. And our payment scheme for Sigurdsson and the fire sale players it’s impossible to tell if there are serious cash flow problems.

McKenna tore his hamstring so we'll never know but I'm happy with how the centreback situation has worked out to be honest.

A local lad and a loanee instead of £2.5-5m out on a slow Scots Prem clogger. Good business even if its happened by accident.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 17:11 - Aug 27 with 1615 viewsdobjack2

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 17:07 - Aug 27 by jasper_T

McKenna tore his hamstring so we'll never know but I'm happy with how the centreback situation has worked out to be honest.

A local lad and a loanee instead of £2.5-5m out on a slow Scots Prem clogger. Good business even if its happened by accident.

Agree.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 17:54 - Aug 27 with 1539 viewsawayjack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 17:03 - Aug 27 by jasper_T

We started the window needing to find £50m+ to cover costs for this season due to the loss of half our previous annual income. The club has never been cash rich.

Yup understand we needed to find £50m or so to plug gap - maybe even £60m. I can’t reconcile this with not being able to spend £6m on our top target. We ended up with circa £45m player sales and cut £35m or so from player wages before we move on likes of Dyer, Routs and Narsignh.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 18:01 - Aug 27 with 1526 viewsperchrockjack

Any business that buys goods then sells at a fifty per cent loss after 12 months is going to be fecked

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:18 - Aug 27 with 1402 viewswaynekerr55

The truth probably lies somewhere in between

We aren't totally skint but at the same time we're far from swimming in cash.

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:31 - Aug 27 with 1364 viewsLeonWasGod

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:18 - Aug 27 by waynekerr55

The truth probably lies somewhere in between

We aren't totally skint but at the same time we're far from swimming in cash.

True, although strip it back to the basics and we are one of the 3 in the division with a massive financial advantage over the rest. Doesn’t help though if we’re still paying for our past mistakes.

Of course we’ve been badly run in the last couple of years. A commercial team of 5 but it takes Dimwit to sort out a shirt sponsor at the last minute. Appointing Bobbly. Paying ~£16m for Cluless. All obviously avoidable at the time.
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:34 - Aug 27 with 1354 viewswaynekerr55

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:31 - Aug 27 by LeonWasGod

True, although strip it back to the basics and we are one of the 3 in the division with a massive financial advantage over the rest. Doesn’t help though if we’re still paying for our past mistakes.

Of course we’ve been badly run in the last couple of years. A commercial team of 5 but it takes Dimwit to sort out a shirt sponsor at the last minute. Appointing Bobbly. Paying ~£16m for Cluless. All obviously avoidable at the time.

Agreed

We certainly don't need to be as threadbare as we are

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:37 - Aug 27 with 1345 viewsclloy2

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 16:09 - Aug 27 by swan65split

Only in Swansea mun.

Reminds me of an episode of Minder for those of us that are at a certain age, where Arthur Daley over a drink in the winchester, referred to the local constabulary, as a loose collection of inadequate individuals !!
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:41 - Aug 27 with 1330 viewsmagicdaps10

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:34 - Aug 27 by waynekerr55

Agreed

We certainly don't need to be as threadbare as we are

Of course we dont.

If the clowns hadn't appointed a shocking group of scouts, headed by a self appointed DOF, we could have been getting in cheaper options like we did pre premier league with Rangel(6k), Bodde(50k), Ash(400k) and lets not forget the loan signing of Jordi Gomez.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:51 - Aug 27 with 1298 viewswaynekerr55

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:41 - Aug 27 by magicdaps10

Of course we dont.

If the clowns hadn't appointed a shocking group of scouts, headed by a self appointed DOF, we could have been getting in cheaper options like we did pre premier league with Rangel(6k), Bodde(50k), Ash(400k) and lets not forget the loan signing of Jordi Gomez.

Now, now. Don't forget Huw is irreplaceable mun. Why go out to look to appoint someone on a watertight contract (performance related) when we can have Huw for 672k?

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:56 - Aug 27 with 1281 viewsGaryjack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 13:02 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Knowing we would have been able to plug some of the gaping holes in our squad I would have bitten their hands off at 8 million .

I would have bitten their hands off because he ain't worth £8m!
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:57 - Aug 27 with 1273 viewsmagicdaps10

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 19:51 - Aug 27 by waynekerr55

Now, now. Don't forget Huw is irreplaceable mun. Why go out to look to appoint someone on a watertight contract (performance related) when we can have Huw for 672k?

Certainly beats having a scout who got to places using his wife's easy jet discount.

Will say it again, the money got hold of them.....the premier league was too much for them, sickening.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 20:20 - Aug 27 with 1206 viewsQJumpingJack

How much did it cost the club to part with Laudrup, Monk, Guidolin, Bradley and Clement?
10m+?

Is Jorge Mendes a consultant for us? How much would he be on?
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 20:25 - Aug 27 with 1178 viewsjasper_T

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 20:20 - Aug 27 by QJumpingJack

How much did it cost the club to part with Laudrup, Monk, Guidolin, Bradley and Clement?
10m+?

Is Jorge Mendes a consultant for us? How much would he be on?

No, he's not. Makes a couple million per transfer just in his own fees.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 20:26]
Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 20:27 - Aug 27 with 1166 viewsQJumpingJack

Leigh Dineen DM conversation on 20:25 - Aug 27 by jasper_T

No, he's not. Makes a couple million per transfer just in his own fees.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 20:26]

Ok.

Is Landon Donovan on the payroll?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024