Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool/VAR 17:31 - Dec 29 with 4304 viewsBicester_North

Anyone see the 2 decisions that have gone Liverpool’s way today? Both harsh on Wolves. The pieces of shit have had these go their way all season it seems. Can’t be disputed they’ve been the best team in the league but the decisions they’ve been getting take the piss.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Liverpool/VAR on 22:31 - Dec 30 with 1047 viewsBazza

Liverpool/VAR on 21:36 - Dec 30 by Happy_Jack

Absolutely spot on.

Drivel , you want to reward poor refereeing forwards cheating and biased officials just so you can cheer instantly and not wait for 1 minute for bad decisions to be chalked off. The top six would love that as there would be the main beneficiaries. Might as well get rid of linesmen while you’re keen to prioritise all goals fair or not.
What about penalties pre VAR which have often taken ages while all the players surround the ref.
Liverpool/VAR on 22:53 - Dec 30 with 1028 viewsHeisenberg

Liverpool/VAR on 22:31 - Dec 30 by Bazza

Drivel , you want to reward poor refereeing forwards cheating and biased officials just so you can cheer instantly and not wait for 1 minute for bad decisions to be chalked off. The top six would love that as there would be the main beneficiaries. Might as well get rid of linesmen while you’re keen to prioritise all goals fair or not.
What about penalties pre VAR which have often taken ages while all the players surround the ref.

It's worked for the last 50 plus years I've been watching football. And it works in the Championship and lower leagues. Football is about that magic moment when your team scores and celebrating as if you are a kid again. This it's got to be 100 per cent right all the time takes the drama away. So some decisions might be wrong. Get over it. VAR as it is beng used now is taking all the fun out of the game.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Liverpool/VAR on 07:37 - Dec 31 with 972 viewsDorsetIan

Looks like at least one person in international football has a clue...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50944416

In this country at least VAR has been implemented by people who simply cannot see the wood for the trees. It’s there to rule out exceptionally bad errors, not to turn football into a game of chess.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Liverpool/VAR on 19:48 - Dec 31 with 912 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 07:37 - Dec 31 by DorsetIan

Looks like at least one person in international football has a clue...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50944416

In this country at least VAR has been implemented by people who simply cannot see the wood for the trees. It’s there to rule out exceptionally bad errors, not to turn football into a game of chess.

Then all rules are pointless if they are not going to be followed, me for one am sick and tired of losing cause of mistakes by lines man and goals given when should be crossed off, I would rather var than Wat th e game was before when every single game cheating and ref favourites stood out like sore thumbs.

If it changes I'll stop going to games, not paying a small fortune to watch cheats and unfair game play, games won't be any more exciting cause palace and Sheffield scored an offside goal.....
Liverpool/VAR on 19:58 - Dec 31 with 902 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 22:53 - Dec 30 by Heisenberg

It's worked for the last 50 plus years I've been watching football. And it works in the Championship and lower leagues. Football is about that magic moment when your team scores and celebrating as if you are a kid again. This it's got to be 100 per cent right all the time takes the drama away. So some decisions might be wrong. Get over it. VAR as it is beng used now is taking all the fun out of the game.

Seeing teams earning points for scoring goals that shouldn't be goals is not my idea of fun.

Just like watching a golfer pick the ball up and walk it to the put isn't fun either, or watching darts players deliberately stand inches over the line...

What is any sport where rules are meaningless and open to debate on every decision? It's not a sport then, it's just a game.
Liverpool/VAR on 00:50 - Jan 1 with 868 viewsDorsetIan

Liverpool/VAR on 19:48 - Dec 31 by Messysaints

Then all rules are pointless if they are not going to be followed, me for one am sick and tired of losing cause of mistakes by lines man and goals given when should be crossed off, I would rather var than Wat th e game was before when every single game cheating and ref favourites stood out like sore thumbs.

If it changes I'll stop going to games, not paying a small fortune to watch cheats and unfair game play, games won't be any more exciting cause palace and Sheffield scored an offside goal.....

I guess you just have a different perspective. I assume that refs and linesmen are generally honest, albeit that they make mistakes.

And it’s not as if they‘re calling games on split decisions based on dodgy point counts like in boxing. Even if your eyebrow is offside, you’ve had no significant advantage and you’ve still got to get your shot on target and beat the keeper.

Liverpool/VAR on 11:19 - Jan 1 with 830 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 00:50 - Jan 1 by DorsetIan

I guess you just have a different perspective. I assume that refs and linesmen are generally honest, albeit that they make mistakes.

And it’s not as if they‘re calling games on split decisions based on dodgy point counts like in boxing. Even if your eyebrow is offside, you’ve had no significant advantage and you’ve still got to get your shot on target and beat the keeper.

But hair is not included in the rules, and yes biased refs and lines men / women do exist, it has been bluntly obvious in the past, Manchester United have been huge huge benefactors of such, as have Liverpool, big clubs always have had decisions go for them when refs/ lines men/women are In doubt, you know I am right, if it's offside it's offside, if it's a throw in its a throw in, if it's a goal it's a goal. Don't matter what decision it is all must be right, Other wise how come goal line don't need travel extra inches before being by declared a goal? Or a corner, or throw, or what about a goal keeper handballing the ball out side his area, we giving that extra inches too?

Why not just have a vote system and ask the audience for every thing during the game with little buttons....

Nothing wrong with rules being enforced how they should be enforced. Don't like being offside, don't get caught in it then.

Be professional and find a way around it eg timing your run better like they are supposed to. End off
Liverpool/VAR on 11:24 - Jan 1 with 823 viewssaint68

Liverpool/VAR on 11:19 - Jan 1 by Messysaints

But hair is not included in the rules, and yes biased refs and lines men / women do exist, it has been bluntly obvious in the past, Manchester United have been huge huge benefactors of such, as have Liverpool, big clubs always have had decisions go for them when refs/ lines men/women are In doubt, you know I am right, if it's offside it's offside, if it's a throw in its a throw in, if it's a goal it's a goal. Don't matter what decision it is all must be right, Other wise how come goal line don't need travel extra inches before being by declared a goal? Or a corner, or throw, or what about a goal keeper handballing the ball out side his area, we giving that extra inches too?

Why not just have a vote system and ask the audience for every thing during the game with little buttons....

Nothing wrong with rules being enforced how they should be enforced. Don't like being offside, don't get caught in it then.

Be professional and find a way around it eg timing your run better like they are supposed to. End off

Spot on.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool/VAR on 11:35 - Jan 1 with 814 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 11:24 - Jan 1 by saint68

Spot on.

Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the interruptions, does my head in, but at the end of the day, if saints get relegated, I would like to know it's cause we deserve to be not cause the linesmen / women or refs gave goals that shouldn't stand, for or against us, if it is not a goal, scrub it out.
Liverpool/VAR on 14:21 - Jan 1 with 782 viewsBazza

Liverpool/VAR on 11:35 - Jan 1 by Messysaints

Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the interruptions, does my head in, but at the end of the day, if saints get relegated, I would like to know it's cause we deserve to be not cause the linesmen / women or refs gave goals that shouldn't stand, for or against us, if it is not a goal, scrub it out.

Totally agree with you Messy. How can ignoring the rules ever be correct.
My worse days as a fan have been when rubbish decisions ruin a game and often then you see players getting more physical when denied the correct decision.
Even if officials are not biased it surely is difficult for anyone not to be influenced by, in some cases, 60,000 fans and 11 gobby players screaming for a penalty.
With VAR there is evidence to deny or support a referee's decision. Odd that referees seem very reluctant to use its full capability and check the screen.
Liverpool/VAR on 01:08 - Jan 2 with 747 viewsDorsetIan

Liverpool/VAR on 11:35 - Jan 1 by Messysaints

Thanks.

Perfectly good ‚onside‘ goals are being ruled ‚offside‘. No one can justify that Grealish decision today.

Also, there is absolutely no consistency. Ridiculous handball penalties were being awarded by VAR when the defender pretty much had his hand behind his back and now today we don’t get one even though the players arm is by his head.

I just really resent quite how incompetently this has been introduced. And it wasn’t as if they weren’t warned, as everyone said in advance that it would ruin the game if introduced with care. In any other organisation people would have been sacked over this shambles.

I‘m glad that there’s now a growing consensus about just how sh1t it is and that things are likely to change.

Liverpool/VAR on 08:15 - Jan 2 with 716 viewssaint68

Liverpool/VAR on 01:08 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

Perfectly good ‚onside‘ goals are being ruled ‚offside‘. No one can justify that Grealish decision today.

Also, there is absolutely no consistency. Ridiculous handball penalties were being awarded by VAR when the defender pretty much had his hand behind his back and now today we don’t get one even though the players arm is by his head.

I just really resent quite how incompetently this has been introduced. And it wasn’t as if they weren’t warned, as everyone said in advance that it would ruin the game if introduced with care. In any other organisation people would have been sacked over this shambles.

I‘m glad that there’s now a growing consensus about just how sh1t it is and that things are likely to change.

Grealish acknowledged it was an offside and had no issue with it at all.

Our penalty shout was a 50/50 on any given day prior to VAR so no major arguments there either.

Liverpool/VAR on 09:15 - Jan 2 with 702 viewsDorsetIan

Liverpool/VAR on 08:15 - Jan 2 by saint68

Our penalty shout was a 50/50 on any given day prior to VAR so no major arguments there either.

No, Grealish said he expected it to be given ( ie that he expected it of VAR) Watch MOTD for a sensible discussion.

That’s my point on handball - we are back to where we were. What about all those ridiculous handball penalties in the meantime?

Liverpool/VAR on 09:25 - Jan 2 with 699 viewssaint68

Liverpool/VAR on 09:15 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

No, Grealish said he expected it to be given ( ie that he expected it of VAR) Watch MOTD for a sensible discussion.

That’s my point on handball - we are back to where we were. What about all those ridiculous handball penalties in the meantime?

Grealish word for word "ah truthfully I knew it was going to be disallowed, think sometimes it's good sometimes it's bad aauuummm but at the end of the day if you're offside you're offside"

So that's from his MOTD interview, apologies accepted.

Liverpool/VAR on 09:44 - Jan 2 with 690 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 01:08 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

Then use faster camaras, why are the fa using a measly 50 fps camaras for? Buy cheap stuff expect cheap results, it is not rocket science.

Football use 50 fps camaras while cricket have been using 4000 fps camaras for how many years now Lol...

In a time when you can buy 1 million fps slow motion camaras, football goes cheap and nasty and uses 50 fps, might as well use a mobile phone.
Liverpool/VAR on 09:52 - Jan 2 with 679 viewssaint68

Liverpool/VAR on 09:44 - Jan 2 by Messysaints

Then use faster camaras, why are the fa using a measly 50 fps camaras for? Buy cheap stuff expect cheap results, it is not rocket science.

Football use 50 fps camaras while cricket have been using 4000 fps camaras for how many years now Lol...

In a time when you can buy 1 million fps slow motion camaras, football goes cheap and nasty and uses 50 fps, might as well use a mobile phone.

Ian has difficulty in accepting results and decisions, Brexit and VAR are just two that spring to mind😁😁

Liverpool/VAR on 10:06 - Jan 2 with 666 viewsericofarabia

Liverpool/VAR on 08:15 - Jan 2 by saint68

Not sure how you can say our pen shout was only 50/50!!

There is absolutely no doubt the ball hit his arm/hand.
Was it intentional .... the laws don't give a hoot about that. Did he gain advantage ...absolutely. He stopped the progress of the ball into the 6 yard box and prevented a goal scoring opportunity.
Was his hand in an unnatural position? ... unless he was raising his hand to ask for permission to go to the toilet, the answer is once again yes.
It shouldn't have needed a VAR review. And as the commentator on the channel I was watching mentioned at the time .... there is no way on earth VAR would have over ruled the decision had the inept Dean awarded a pen in the 1st place.

There have been several perfectly good goals cancelled out this season (indeed we could have had one written off, Djenepo before crossing to Ings a few games ago which luckily took 10 mins of reviewing to spot!!) where the ball has brushed along a forwards arm, not changing the flight of the ball, totally unintentional and not even any appeals from defenders 2 feet away.

Bizarre.
Liverpool/VAR on 10:29 - Jan 2 with 651 viewssaint68

Liverpool/VAR on 10:06 - Jan 2 by ericofarabia

Not sure how you can say our pen shout was only 50/50!!

There is absolutely no doubt the ball hit his arm/hand.
Was it intentional .... the laws don't give a hoot about that. Did he gain advantage ...absolutely. He stopped the progress of the ball into the 6 yard box and prevented a goal scoring opportunity.
Was his hand in an unnatural position? ... unless he was raising his hand to ask for permission to go to the toilet, the answer is once again yes.
It shouldn't have needed a VAR review. And as the commentator on the channel I was watching mentioned at the time .... there is no way on earth VAR would have over ruled the decision had the inept Dean awarded a pen in the 1st place.

There have been several perfectly good goals cancelled out this season (indeed we could have had one written off, Djenepo before crossing to Ings a few games ago which luckily took 10 mins of reviewing to spot!!) where the ball has brushed along a forwards arm, not changing the flight of the ball, totally unintentional and not even any appeals from defenders 2 feet away.

Bizarre.

Similarly we've had two very similar incidents go unpunished by VAR, Stephen's done an almost identical handball back in September and I think the other was Hoijberg, at both times the back/flank was directed at the incoming ball and the players face was at 180 degrees to the incoming shot/cross..so pretty much a 50/50 decision to call..intentional in both cases probably and no doubt yesterday's was intentional, these incidents should be picked up by VAR definitely but they're letting them go for some reason ( maybe to not completely undermine the referees)
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 10:38]

Liverpool/VAR on 13:24 - Jan 2 with 610 viewsDorsetIan

Liverpool/VAR on 09:52 - Jan 2 by saint68

Ian has difficulty in accepting results and decisions, Brexit and VAR are just two that spring to mind😁😁

I'd sooner have Brexit than VAR...although how about a VAR of the Brexit result?...now there's a thought!...

Liverpool/VAR on 13:31 - Jan 2 with 606 viewsDorsetIan

Liverpool/VAR on 09:44 - Jan 2 by Messysaints

Just as a matter of interest, would you do away with linesmen completely?

With faster cameras, some heat sensitive video, maybe some lines drawn on the pitch only visible with UV and a half a dozen drones, we can probably do away with them completely.

You would need a robot running up and down the sideline, so we've still got someone to shout at.

Liverpool/VAR on 13:34 - Jan 2 with 600 viewsgrumpy

Liverpool/VAR on 13:31 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

With faster cameras, some heat sensitive video, maybe some lines drawn on the pitch only visible with UV and a half a dozen drones, we can probably do away with them completely.

You would need a robot running up and down the sideline, so we've still got someone to shout at.

Better not be like Robocop we would lose half the crowd.
Liverpool/VAR on 13:35 - Jan 2 with 599 viewssaint68

Liverpool/VAR on 13:24 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

I'd sooner have Brexit than VAR...although how about a VAR of the Brexit result?...now there's a thought!...

Now that would be excruciating 😭😭

Liverpool/VAR on 13:41 - Jan 2 with 595 viewssaint68

Sounds good.

Liverpool/VAR on 13:54 - Jan 2 with 591 viewsMessysaints

If it gives the correct decisions I don't care.

Why is it so hard to demand that th e right decisions are made. I never see ruby fans moaning about their version of var, or cricket. I never hear snooker players asking if they can move the ball a couple of inches so they are not snookered..... I don't hear tennis players moaning when the ball goes out of play, or golfers or in any God dam sport but football, why is it that only in football it's OK to give goals to ppl braking it's own rules?

Christmas, can just hear Lewis Hamilton. I speed down the pit lane by 100 mph, can we change the rules just for me....?

NO.

O don't like caught offside mummy, can you ask the ref to let me off and give me the goal so I don't cry waahhhaaa waaahahaaaaa so many tears waaahahaaaaa f off.

Ppl are so f ucking entitled.
Liverpool/VAR on 14:11 - Jan 2 with 569 viewsMessysaints

Just think about Wat you are saying and want, you want
1/ offside to only count when exactly? Afterv1 inch? 10? 50 inches? Upto the ref? Shall we just ask a random person out side the stadium? Or is it how it is now? Offside is off side?

2/ goal line....Wat about goal line? That's done by the width of a hair. We making that inches too?

3/ Corners? Shall we make the lines that define the pitch move a few inches here n their? Or do players just keep the ball inside?

When will they just randomly at random for random teams and players give them a few extrs inches fullstop? Or is this upto the reffs to?

Why not just leave it how it is and use the rules as they should be used for the main benefit of FAIR PLAY TO ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 14:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024