Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is life really all that? 22:16 - Dec 31 with 2178 viewsOccasional_Showers

I know it's almost 2020 and we're meant to be looking to the year ahead in a positive mood hoping for positive things, but despite being fairly comfortable in life and having not ever gone without much I can't help but come to the conclusion at 27 that life is in fact overrated and actually pretty sh!t.

Now before I'm put on suicide watch or people tell me stop complaining cos my life could be so much worse let me just say that I know all that and I know i haven't got it bad. Yet I still think that everything everyone thinks is good in this life isn't actually all that amazing IMO (even the "best" things).

One aspect of this is the balance between the amount of time working and the amount of pleasure time we have and how the pleasure in my case is never worth the effort put in to achieve it.

Every "thing" each of us wish we could have, someone has and has come to acknowledge it's not actually that great and could live without it. Even jackpot winners don't seem all that happy once they've got used to having the money.

Life is hard going with everything we worry about and how hard we have to work to survive. I question whether it's all worth it.

I do wonder if I'm the only person who thinks life is overrated and whether it is because I am a single 27 year old guy in an IT job without any kids, marriage etc or whether people who have all this feel the same!?!?

Discuss.

Thanks.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Is life really all that? on 22:47 - Dec 31 with 1743 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Have Saints signed Dunk yet?

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Is life really all that? on 23:00 - Dec 31 with 1731 viewsthis_charming_man

Thread of the decade imo.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?27232-Is-Life-Really-All-That&highlig

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Is life really all that? on 23:09 - Dec 31 with 1716 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Is life really all that? on 23:00 - Dec 31 by this_charming_man

Thread of the decade imo.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?27232-Is-Life-Really-All-That&highlig

Essruu's reply

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Is life really all that? on 23:50 - Dec 31 with 1664 viewsI_would

Don't worry, Ward Prowse can't be first pick for ever.

Happy New Year!

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Is life really all that? on 04:14 - Jan 1 with 1592 viewssaint22

27 no kids works in iT
There’s your answer pal
Or you are just a wind up Del Les Dunce
Is life really all that? on 08:14 - Jan 1 with 1564 viewsarfurdent

you are just describing reality with the media gloss scraped off

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Is life really all that? on 09:01 - Jan 1 with 1524 viewsthis_charming_man

Is life really all that? on 04:14 - Jan 1 by saint22

27 no kids works in iT
There’s your answer pal

Ben are you still in the Indian Ocean my bullsh1tting friend?

This post is a reminder of someone who posted exactly this at 2am on New Year’s Day several years ago, it was an all time great thread, so stop getting your knickers in a twist

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Is life really all that? on 09:12 - Jan 1 with 1507 viewssaint68

27 no kids works in iT
There’s your answer pal

Tik Tok

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

Is life really all that? on 09:16 - Jan 1 with 1507 viewsHeisenberg

27 no kids works in iT
There’s your answer pal

That attitude forms part of the sneering metropolitan elite. The types who take several exclusive holidays abroad and then look down on real working people who may work in IT. And what is wrong with not having kids at 27 ? People like you are directly responsible for this countries demise and why Cyprus is now a better place to live.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Is life really all that? on 09:20 - Jan 1 with 1502 viewssaint68

Is life really all that? on 09:16 - Jan 1 by Heisenberg

That attitude forms part of the sneering metropolitan elite. The types who take several exclusive holidays abroad and then look down on real working people who may work in IT. And what is wrong with not having kids at 27 ? People like you are directly responsible for this countries demise and why Cyprus is now a better place to live.

Beautiful 👍👍😂🤣😂🤣

Is life really all that? on 10:50 - Jan 1 with 1436 viewssaint22

It was more my response to the fact that at 27 you know F all
Plus the elite you refer to got where they are by working hard
Is life really all that? on 10:55 - Jan 1 with 1428 viewssaint22

You also referring to your elected racist trump lite leader sunning his fat belly in St Barts, man of the people that he is
WAC
Is life really all that? on 10:58 - Jan 1 with 1424 viewsIngskneeslide

Is life really all that? on 10:55 - Jan 1 by saint22

You also referring to your elected racist trump lite leader sunning his fat belly in St Barts, man of the people that he is
WAC

You’re a very angry and confused man Ben. You should take a fantasy holiday in the Indian Ocean to relax a bit.
Is life really all that? on 11:08 - Jan 1 with 1419 viewsHeisenberg

WAC

I agree. Johnson holidaying in Mustique is a disgrace. Not just him either. There are other selfish frequent flying pricks showng total disregard for our children's health and for the planet as a whole. And then they try to justify it by cycling a few miles or planting a tree. I mean it makes my blood boil when some middle class dinner partying high achieving twot moans about their kids asthma whilst planning their latest jaunt skiing holiday during half term. W@nkers.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Is life really all that? on 11:13 - Jan 1 with 1414 viewssaint68

WAC

I notice the people's prime minister flew with the ordinary folk in economy, I assume you didn't on your recent flights of fancy?

Is life really all that? on 11:48 - Jan 1 with 1393 viewsIngskneeslide

Is life really all that? on 11:13 - Jan 1 by saint68

I notice the people's prime minister flew with the ordinary folk in economy, I assume you didn't on your recent flights of fancy?

Narnia Airlines don’t do economy class pal
Is life really all that? on 12:09 - Jan 1 with 1372 viewsOccasional_Showers

Is life really all that? on 11:13 - Jan 1 by saint68

He flew BA economy to St Lucia. As did I in 2018. It's an overrated island. We explored all of it in a hire car and it's one of those places that looks nice from a distance but get up close and the beaches are dirty and you see broken glass in the sand. Drug use out of control. Drug smuggling gangs killing each other. It's like the isle of the damned once you get out of the hotel resorts. I'm off to st kitts next. I'm expecting similar but not quite so dangerous.

Is life really all that? on 14:26 - Jan 1 with 1309 viewswibbersda

I am 50 and established and I agree with your sentiment. The issue I see is the more we evolve the less Human we are becoming. For instance as Humans we Need people however we don't want to put in the effort with anyone. As a less caring society we have devalued life itself... and all in the pursuit of an Abitary invention of Wealth.
Is life really all that? on 14:38 - Jan 1 with 1287 viewsHeisenberg

Is life really all that? on 12:09 - Jan 1 by Occasional_Showers

He flew BA economy to St Lucia. As did I in 2018. It's an overrated island. We explored all of it in a hire car and it's one of those places that looks nice from a distance but get up close and the beaches are dirty and you see broken glass in the sand. Drug use out of control. Drug smuggling gangs killing each other. It's like the isle of the damned once you get out of the hotel resorts. I'm off to st kitts next. I'm expecting similar but not quite so dangerous.

One question. Why the feck is the tax payer paying for Johnsons holiday with his bint at a luxury resort in Mustique ? It's not an official Govt trip. Just an opportunity for the bloated clown to shag someone half his age funded by us muppets who pay tax. Still I guess the people's PM can do what he likes.

Is life really all that? on 17:34 - Jan 1 with 1222 viewskernow

Is life really all that? on 14:38 - Jan 1 by Heisenberg

One question. Why the feck is the tax payer paying for Johnsons holiday with his bint at a luxury resort in Mustique ? It's not an official Govt trip. Just an opportunity for the bloated clown to shag someone half his age funded by us muppets who pay tax. Still I guess the people's PM can do what he likes.

Of course he can and us chumps can carry on with our servile fawning.
Anyway, life is not really all that anyway so take solace in the inevitability of your mortality.

COYS.
Is life really all that? on 17:40 - Jan 1 with 1208 viewssaint22

That’s what you get when you back the lying self serving tories
Amazing so many fell for the same old BS
Is life really all that? on 17:49 - Jan 1 with 1186 viewsOccasional_Showers

Is life really all that? on 17:40 - Jan 1 by saint22

That’s what you get when you back the lying self serving tories
Amazing so many fell for the same old BS

Daddy Daddy why do the people vote Tory?

Is life really all that? on 17:57 - Jan 1 with 1166 viewsBridders2

They are holidaying as guests of a wealthy German family and paying their own economy flights....so no it's not taxpayer funded.
Is life really all that? on 20:23 - Jan 1 with 1095 viewskernow

Is life really all that? on 17:57 - Jan 1 by Bridders2

They are holidaying as guests of a wealthy German family and paying their own economy flights....so no it's not taxpayer funded.

Nice to see him hobnobbing with his wealthy European friends.
Is life really all that? on 00:43 - Jan 2 with 1034 viewsBridders2

Is life really all that? on 20:23 - Jan 1 by kernow

Nice to see him hobnobbing with his wealthy European friends.

...and why not!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024