Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defending 13:55 - Feb 15 with 1739 viewsRon11

1-2
Terrible defending again, particularly Stephens - again.
Why oh why did they not bring in a central defender?
It's almost like they're doing it deliberately to piss us all off.
Defending on 14:10 - Feb 15 with 1309 viewsRon11

79 th minute.
Stephens again, running around like a headless chicken.
FKN useless.
Defending on 14:13 - Feb 15 with 1303 viewsHeisenberg

Defending on 14:10 - Feb 15 by Ron11

79 th minute.
FKN useless.

He's been much better than Vestergaard. Why Bednarek isn't playing is beyond me.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Defending on 14:15 - Feb 15 with 1297 viewsthis_charming_man

Vestergaard was at fault for the second, totally lost his man leaving two on one. It was a good finish but Awful defending To give him space

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Defending on 14:15 - Feb 15 with 1295 viewsA1079

79 th minute.
FKN useless.

Then add into the fact Ron11, that apart from Ings, we seem clueless in front of goal. Right back to the summer when we all realised that the defence was not going to be strengthened we said that we will need to score plenty of goals to counteract the number we will concede. Ings apart, we are as bad up front as we are at the back.

Playing at home seems to be our achilles heel and next week - home again against another challenger.
Defending on 14:16 - Feb 15 with 1292 viewsHeisenberg

Defending on 14:15 - Feb 15 by this_charming_man

Vestergaard was at fault for the second, totally lost his man leaving two on one. It was a good finish but Awful defending To give him space

Totally. Stephens had his man.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Defending on 14:18 - Feb 15 with 1284 viewsRon11

Defending on 14:15 - Feb 15 by A1079

Then add into the fact Ron11, that apart from Ings, we seem clueless in front of goal. Right back to the summer when we all realised that the defence was not going to be strengthened we said that we will need to score plenty of goals to counteract the number we will concede. Ings apart, we are as bad up front as we are at the back.

Playing at home seems to be our achilles heel and next week - home again against another challenger.

Stephens actually looks better in an attacking role
Defending on 14:28 - Feb 15 with 1244 views1885_SFC

Defending on 14:13 - Feb 15 by Heisenberg

He's been much better than Vestergaard. Why Bednarek isn't playing is beyond me.

He's banned for this game. Too many yellow cards.

Old School is Cool

Defending on 14:30 - Feb 15 with 1229 viewsTheMoog

Defending on 14:28 - Feb 15 by 1885_SFC

He's banned for this game. Too many yellow cards.

Incorrect. He was on the bench.

Standby to standby

Login to get fewer ads

Defending on 14:31 - Feb 15 with 1219 viewsA1079

4 games without a win now and conceding heavily and not cutting it up front. I know I will be accused of bedwetting but starting to feel we are falling back to our old ways and that the tide is turning back. We are not out of this relegation battle by a long way, but I never thought we was - unlike some and unlike our manager. Did not understand dropping Bednarek to the bench despite Ralph's reasoning. I know it was his first game, but did not see anything in KWP to suggest that he is an improvement on what we had or will be an improvement to our back line.

Why are we so poor at home and always poor against Burnley?
Defending on 14:32 - Feb 15 with 1215 views1885_SFC

Defending on 14:30 - Feb 15 by TheMoog

I stand corrected in that case!

Old School is Cool

Defending on 14:32 - Feb 15 with 1215 viewsHeisenberg

Defending on 14:30 - Feb 15 by TheMoog

Beat me to it. Let's hope Vestergard has played his last game. He was absolute tosh today. No pace out of position and gave the ball away.

Defending on 16:37 - Feb 15 with 1100 viewsdirk_doone

Defending on 14:18 - Feb 15 by Ron11

Stephens actually looks better in an attacking role

Stephens was one of our best players today. The central defensive weak link was Vestergaard.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Defending on 17:01 - Feb 15 with 1063 viewsericofarabia

McCarthy looked out of sorts all afternoon. Should have organised near post cover for the corner, shouldn't have gone so far beyond the goal line.
His distrubution was shocking.

Burnleys defending was spot on, guess they get plenty of practice. Hardly any of our crosses beat the first not one, but two defenders covering every time on the ball side of the 6 yard box.

How have we ended up with a FB even shorter that Cedric. Looked tidy on the ball, but all too easily brushed aside by the Burnley players in challenges.
Defending on 17:03 - Feb 15 with 1062 viewsSaintsforeverj

People are and will vote with their feet. It's so boring and tedious. Terrible defending, game after game. We need a new defender or two and it's even boring saying it, after 4 years of needing one. It's just so pointless. We know we will always let in stupid goals with this defence and Gao won't release the funds to buy one.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Defending on 17:21 - Feb 15 with 1024 viewsNumber_58

79 th minute.
FKN useless.

I think you must have been reading too many of Nick's weekly Jack Stephens character assasinations. I was at the game today and I thought he was one of our better players, and one of the few to come out of it with any credit. Every time he takes the ball forward he causes panic amongst the opposition and he could, and maybe should, have got us a penalty with one such run. If the rest of the team showed as much desire to get forward we would be considerably more effective at home.
Defending on 17:21 - Feb 15 with 1023 viewsIngskneeslide

Defending on 17:03 - Feb 15 by Saintsforeverj

People are and will vote with their feet. It's so boring and tedious. Terrible defending, game after game. We need a new defender or two and it's even boring saying it, after 4 years of needing one. It's just so pointless. We know we will always let in stupid goals with this defence and Gao won't release the funds to buy one.

You should meet up with saint22 at the game next week pal. You’d get on famously.
Defending on 17:27 - Feb 15 with 1014 viewsRon11

Defending on 17:21 - Feb 15 by Number_58

I think you must have been reading too many of Nick's weekly Jack Stephens character assasinations. I was at the game today and I thought he was one of our better players, and one of the few to come out of it with any credit. Every time he takes the ball forward he causes panic amongst the opposition and he could, and maybe should, have got us a penalty with one such run. If the rest of the team showed as much desire to get forward we would be considerably more effective at home.

I totally agree that he's good going forward. I made that comment earlier elsewhere on here today. I would put him up front or midfield. I also said this earlier in the season.
Defender he is not.
Defending on 17:37 - Feb 15 with 997 viewsSaintsforeverj

Defending on 17:21 - Feb 15 by Ingskneeslide

You should meet up with saint22 at the game next week pal. You’d get on famously.

You don't think we should have invested in a new defender?

You don't think the poor attendances have anything to do with the predictable lack of getting anywhere?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 17:38]

Defending on 18:08 - Feb 15 with 962 viewsIngskneeslide

Defending on 17:37 - Feb 15 by Saintsforeverj

You don't think we should have invested in a new defender?

You don't think the poor attendances have anything to do with the predictable lack of getting anywhere?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 17:38]

Word for word what saint22 would say!
Defending on 18:21 - Feb 15 with 943 viewsSaintsforeverj

Defending on 18:08 - Feb 15 by Ingskneeslide

Word for word what saint22 would say!

I couldn't care a less who you think I sound like. After losing at home due to more atrocious defending, I'm just questioning the club for not buying a defender. I'm sure Nick will question the defence too won't he? Forget who I sound like, does it not annoy you that our poor defending hasn't been addressed for 4 years? Not a bit frustrated that we would be a good side were it not for the defence?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 18:23]

Defending on 19:02 - Feb 15 with 892 viewsIngskneeslide

Defending on 18:21 - Feb 15 by Saintsforeverj

I couldn't care a less who you think I sound like. After losing at home due to more atrocious defending, I'm just questioning the club for not buying a defender. I'm sure Nick will question the defence too won't he? Forget who I sound like, does it not annoy you that our poor defending hasn't been addressed for 4 years? Not a bit frustrated that we would be a good side were it not for the defence?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 18:23]

Of course it’s annoying. But it’s just as annoying reading people go on about it for 4 years straight. Bad day at the office, don’t let it ruin your weekend
Defending on 20:51 - Feb 15 with 803 viewssaint22

Defending on 19:02 - Feb 15 by Ingskneeslide

Of course it’s annoying. But it’s just as annoying reading people go on about it for 4 years straight. Bad day at the office, don’t let it ruin your weekend

So because the same problem keeps tearing it’s uglybhead we should just shrug our ahiulders and accept it?
Fork that loser mentality
Why was Vestergaard playing? Why? Bednarek and Stephens have formed a somewhat solid partnership so why disrupt it? Ralph said we need calm, he is misreading Vestergaard being so slow and backwards for calm. He was a liability today inviting pressure, trying to play neat passes which he cannot do, doing cruyff turns
It’s a fkn travesty such basic errors are tolerated ata. Premier league club
Defending on 21:02 - Feb 15 with 792 viewsthis_charming_man

Defending on 20:51 - Feb 15 by saint22

So because the same problem keeps tearing it’s uglybhead we should just shrug our ahiulders and accept it?
Fork that loser mentality
Why was Vestergaard playing? Why? Bednarek and Stephens have formed a somewhat solid partnership so why disrupt it? Ralph said we need calm, he is misreading Vestergaard being so slow and backwards for calm. He was a liability today inviting pressure, trying to play neat passes which he cannot do, doing cruyff turns
It’s a fkn travesty such basic errors are tolerated ata. Premier league club

So a winning mentality is to whine over and over again about it on a mongboard is it?

Defending on 21:04 - Feb 15 with 786 viewssaint22

Defending on 21:02 - Feb 15 by this_charming_man

So a winning mentality is to whine over and over again about it on a mongboard is it?

No it’s too just blindly ignore the massive fkn glaring issue over and over in the hope it just corrects itself and we don’t keep throwing leads away or conceding basic goals
Defending on 21:06 - Feb 15 with 781 viewsthis_charming_man

Defending on 21:04 - Feb 15 by saint22

No it’s too just blindly ignore the massive fkn glaring issue over and over in the hope it just corrects itself and we don’t keep throwing leads away or conceding basic goals

We all know what they are and all talk about it. Just not 15 times a a day and accuse anyone who doesn’t of having a losers mentality. The other day you were going on about we should definitely sign mitrovic. How does that address our ability to stop conceding soft goals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024