Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Valiant effort... 17:01 - Mar 7 with 1011 views1885_SFC

from the lads (and the home fans) - but ultimately going down to ten men early on was our undoing... well that and Valery's mistake. Thought he was shíte today for most of the game.

We're better away from St Marys & I fully expect us to get back to winning ways next week at Norwich. Luckily other results went our way today so not too much ground has been lost.

Old School is Cool

Valiant effort... on 17:06 - Mar 7 with 973 viewsBison

I can see why JWP been playing right back now.

I blame the fans for insisting we play a right back at right back. No criticism of Ralph at all our defense must be worst in league.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Valiant effort... on 17:07 - Mar 7 with 965 viewsthis_charming_man

We were sh1t even before the sending off, awful first half.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Valiant effort... on 17:13 - Mar 7 with 952 views1885_SFC

Valiant effort... on 17:07 - Mar 7 by this_charming_man

Thought our keeper was Man of the Match today - by a country mile. What does that tell you.

Old School is Cool

Valiant effort... on 17:15 - Mar 7 with 945 viewsthis_charming_man

Valiant effort... on 17:13 - Mar 7 by 1885_SFC

Thought our keeper was Man of the Match today - by a country mile. What does that tell you.

Agree, he saved us first half.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Valiant effort... on 17:15 - Mar 7 with 946 viewsMattFinish

Absolutely. Everyone on and off the pitch deserved more.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:03 - Mar 7 with 872 viewssaint22

Valiant effort... on 21:19 - Mar 7 with 783 viewsTimSaint

Our 2nd half performance was very good, considering the numerical advantage Newcastle had. We set up well and really kept them at bay and frustrated them. At 1 stage, I even thought we would carve out a few decent chances. Shame we couldn't put more pressure on their (hurt) keeper, other than a Long long range effort.

Newcastle probably played exactly like we would have played, if we had being playing against 10 men. The difference is, they were waiting for the errors they all knew we would make.

TimSaint

Valiant effort... on 22:11 - Mar 7 with 754 viewsBicester_North

Valiant effort... on 21:19 - Mar 7 by TimSaint

Our 2nd half performance was very good, considering the numerical advantage Newcastle had. We set up well and really kept them at bay and frustrated them. At 1 stage, I even thought we would carve out a few decent chances. Shame we couldn't put more pressure on their (hurt) keeper, other than a Long long range effort.

Newcastle probably played exactly like we would have played, if we had being playing against 10 men. The difference is, they were waiting for the errors they all knew we would make.

2nd half Long was put through and had a great chance to square to Ings but hit a woeful shot high and wide, as much as I like him he’s f*cking frustrating as a striker sometimes.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Valiant effort... on 22:53 - Mar 7 with 717 viewsTimSaint

Valiant effort... on 22:11 - Mar 7 by Bicester_North

2nd half Long was put through and had a great chance to square to Ings but hit a woeful shot high and wide, as much as I like him he’s f*cking frustrating as a striker sometimes.

With his accuracy, he would never have picked out Ings.

Anyway, there was a defender sliding in to cut out the cross, a player doing his best to mark Ings and even the keeper could have come out for the cross.

The through ball had slightly too much on it and the angle narrowed the more it ran on.

I can see why he shot - his eyes must have lit up !! Considering the angle and the defenders, he would have done well to pick out Ings - and if he didn't he'd be called a cvnt for not wanting the responsibility of shooting.

Oh well - just a bad day and a couple of costly mistakes.

Hopefully we get things our way next week, if we have a team !! Djenepo will miss the next 3, but hopefully Smallbone, Armstrong and Redmond will all be back soon !!

TimSaint

Valiant effort... on 23:19 - Mar 7 with 702 viewsBicester_North

Valiant effort... on 22:53 - Mar 7 by TimSaint

With his accuracy, he would never have picked out Ings.

Anyway, there was a defender sliding in to cut out the cross, a player doing his best to mark Ings and even the keeper could have come out for the cross.

The through ball had slightly too much on it and the angle narrowed the more it ran on.

I can see why he shot - his eyes must have lit up !! Considering the angle and the defenders, he would have done well to pick out Ings - and if he didn't he'd be called a cvnt for not wanting the responsibility of shooting.

Oh well - just a bad day and a couple of costly mistakes.

Hopefully we get things our way next week, if we have a team !! Djenepo will miss the next 3, but hopefully Smallbone, Armstrong and Redmond will all be back soon !!

A lot of maybes there, Ings looked pîssed right off that Long shot so he must’ve thought he had a great chance if the ball was played across. You could see the shooting angle wasn’t great even for a good finisher, let alone Shane. But you’re right, the pass probably would’ve gone behind Ings or I to touch.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Valiant effort... on 07:01 - Mar 8 with 609 viewsCity_boy

Valiant effort... on 17:07 - Mar 7 by this_charming_man

I agree. Even before the sending off we were bad. Stephens was found wanting on 2 occasions, 1 leading up to McCarthy's double save and on another occasion, when we had 3 defenders in box and still no-one picked cup Gayle after speculative balls into the box. The defence just does not seem to be able to read the game or potential threat.

The midfield just kept on giving the ball away created very little. Valery was just out of his depth today. Like Stephens, ok going forward but struggles with the basics and his 'day job' of defending,. It was such a poor goal to give away which has been the story of many games this season.

McCarthy was the only one that came through the game with any credit. As per an earlier comment I made, I cant wait for this season to end. it is so frustrating.

Norwich next week - that's not a given. On their day they are a good side. At least it's a good day out and one of the away games I look forward to.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 7:02]
Valiant effort... on 07:43 - Mar 8 with 582 viewsRon11

Valiant effort... on 07:01 - Mar 8 by City_boy

I agree. Even before the sending off we were bad. Stephens was found wanting on 2 occasions, 1 leading up to McCarthy's double save and on another occasion, when we had 3 defenders in box and still no-one picked cup Gayle after speculative balls into the box. The defence just does not seem to be able to read the game or potential threat.

The midfield just kept on giving the ball away created very little. Valery was just out of his depth today. Like Stephens, ok going forward but struggles with the basics and his 'day job' of defending,. It was such a poor goal to give away which has been the story of many games this season.

McCarthy was the only one that came through the game with any credit. As per an earlier comment I made, I cant wait for this season to end. it is so frustrating.

Norwich next week - that's not a given. On their day they are a good side. At least it's a good day out and one of the away games I look forward to.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 7:02]

It's about time Hojberg was hooked out of there and replaced by Romeu, who can at least make a decent pass of the ball most of the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024