Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TB Jab helps it’s reported 23:29 - Apr 7 with 827 viewsOccasional_Showers

https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/06/has-the-key-to-a-coronoavirus-vaccine-been-s

I can’t remember if I’ve had it, but presume I did. Is it the one with a ring of pricks that scars your arm?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 01:01 - Apr 8 with 801 viewsTimSaint

We had it in about the 4th or 5th year of secondary school.

It was called BCG at the time, but must have been stopped or replaced with something else, as my daughter didn't need to have it whilst she was at school.

From memory, they did a test a week or 2 before hand (the ring of pricks, as you call it ?) and if it reacted, as pretty much most of ours did, it meant we had to have the jab (1 needle / syringe).

Yes it leaves a scar.

TimSaint

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 06:43 - Apr 8 with 765 viewsOccasional_Showers

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 01:01 - Apr 8 by TimSaint

It was called BCG at the time, but must have been stopped or replaced with something else, as my daughter didn't need to have it whilst she was at school.

From memory, they did a test a week or 2 before hand (the ring of pricks, as you call it ?) and if it reacted, as pretty much most of ours did, it meant we had to have the jab (1 needle / syringe).

Yes it leaves a scar.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaf_test

I had this test at school. So let me get this right, if it blisters or goes red you DID NOT get the BCG vaccine and are therefore not protected from lung infection now?

Looking at the countries that automatically give the BCG vaccine, basically all of the third world, it would explain why so far Covid-19 has not impacted Africa. It would also explain why Eastern Europe (including Eastern Germany) hasn’t seen as many bad cases.

Ireland had a blanket BCG vaccination programme.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-more-striking-evidence-bcg-va
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 7:09]

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 07:13 - Apr 8 with 738 viewsBicester_North

There are a lot of strange stats about this virus, mainly why are the more developed western countries seemingly having a much bigger problem with it.
This BCG link was mentioned a couple of weeks ago, be interesting to see what the test results are that the Australians are doing.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 07:17 - Apr 8 with 734 viewsOccasional_Showers

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 07:13 - Apr 8 by Bicester_North

There are a lot of strange stats about this virus, mainly why are the more developed western countries seemingly having a much bigger problem with it.
This BCG link was mentioned a couple of weeks ago, be interesting to see what the test results are that the Australians are doing.

This disease should be decimating Africans and Asians living in slums. This jab seems to be the difference.

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 08:17 - Apr 8 with 676 viewsRon11

I thought a ring of pricks was the Portsmouth Round Table
TB Jab helps it’s reported on 08:54 - Apr 8 with 643 viewsPatfromPoole

I had the TB jab when I was at school. I thought it was compulsory across the UK at the time, in which case we shouldn’t have had so many deaths.

(I am in mid-40’s)....

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 09:07 - Apr 8 with 634 viewsTheMoog

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 01:01 - Apr 8 by TimSaint

Yes it leaves a scar.

They do it shortly after birth now- been about 15 years I think.

They anti-vaxxers will be sh1tting themselves.

Standby to standby

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 09:16 - Apr 8 with 627 viewsOlliekhent

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 08:54 - Apr 8 by PatfromPoole

I had the TB jab when I was at school. I thought it was compulsory across the UK at the time, in which case we shouldn’t have had so many deaths.

(I am in mid-40’s)....

I had this done at 15 also. Two of the guys in my school year passed out from a reaction to the injection, which was in the shoulder blade in my day.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

Login to get fewer ads

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 10:49 - Apr 8 with 590 viewsbattler

It was originally in the arm but I thought they changed it to the back because of the scarring it left afterwards.
TB Jab helps it’s reported on 10:56 - Apr 8 with 584 viewsthis_charming_man

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 09:07 - Apr 8 by TheMoog

They do it shortly after birth now- been about 15 years I think.

They anti-vaxxers will be sh1tting themselves.

Perhaps explains why most kids appear to be immune.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 12:18 - Apr 8 with 532 viewsTheMoog

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 10:56 - Apr 8 by this_charming_man

Perhaps explains why most kids appear to be immune.

Indeed.

Just checked with my best mate as his wife had the virus pretty bad but he had nothing despite in close proximity to her. Obviously a small sample but interesting nonetheless. Doesn’t stop anyone being a carrier either.

Standby to standby

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 12:34 - Apr 8 with 515 viewsdirk_doone

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 06:43 - Apr 8 by Occasional_Showers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaf_test

I had this test at school. So let me get this right, if it blisters or goes red you DID NOT get the BCG vaccine and are therefore not protected from lung infection now?

Looking at the countries that automatically give the BCG vaccine, basically all of the third world, it would explain why so far Covid-19 has not impacted Africa. It would also explain why Eastern Europe (including Eastern Germany) hasn’t seen as many bad cases.

Ireland had a blanket BCG vaccination programme.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-more-striking-evidence-bcg-va
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 7:09]

It does seem to be too much of a coincidence. But, with all of these potential cures and vaccines, governments will be reluctant to give them too much credence publicly until they have enough supplies in place for everyone. Also, of course, there are stringent testing rules in place, which take a long time.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 12:51 - Apr 8 with 487 viewsOccasional_Showers

TB Jab helps it’s reported on 09:16 - Apr 8 by Olliekhent

I had this done at 15 also. Two of the guys in my school year passed out from a reaction to the injection, which was in the shoulder blade in my day.

Was it Franny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024