Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to Normality Sweepstake 14:53 - Apr 20 with 1638 viewsBoris_

People seem to have varying opinions on when things will get back to normal, so let's have a sweepstake on when we think certain things will resume and check back in to see who was closest.

Here's my guesses.

Pubs: November ( Social Distancing / Table Service Only )
Restaurants: July ( Limited Capacity )
Football ( with crowd ): March 2021
Football ( without crowd ): July

Poll: Claude Puel

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:02 - Apr 20 with 1314 viewsPatfromPoole

Pubs: December 2020
Restaurants: December 2020
Football (with crowds): August 2021
Football (without crowds): December 2020

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:08 - Apr 20 with 1313 views1teeminants

Pubs: July 2020 ( Social Distancing / Table Service Only )
Restaurants: June 2020 ( Limited Capacity )
Football ( with crowd ): December 2020
Football ( without crowd ): June 2020

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:16 - Apr 20 with 1301 viewsthis_charming_man

Pubs: September (Table service only, restricted capacity)
Restaurants: July ( as above)
Football ( with crowd ): August 21
Football ( without crowd ): June

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:19 - Apr 20 with 1296 viewsMr_Happy

Pubs, restaurants and crowds only when there's a vaccine or a cure.
Probably in the spring of next year.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:19 - Apr 20 with 1294 viewsinthebox

Never,
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/20/uk-coronavirus-response-nh
Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:27 - Apr 20 with 1280 viewsPatfromPoole

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:08 - Apr 20 by 1teeminants

Pubs: July 2020 ( Social Distancing / Table Service Only )
Restaurants: June 2020 ( Limited Capacity )
Football ( with crowd ): December 2020
Football ( without crowd ): June 2020

That would leave to a second wave to come in the autumn.....

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:36 - Apr 20 with 1262 viewsBoris_

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:16 - Apr 20 by this_charming_man

Pubs: September (Table service only, restricted capacity)
Restaurants: July ( as above)
Football ( with crowd ): August 21
Football ( without crowd ): June

I think June is when the players will go back to 'pre-season' for football behind closed doors with the first games being in July. As they have had so long off, they are going to need some form of pre-season to get going again, you'd think?

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 16:06 - Apr 20 with 1242 viewsthis_charming_man

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:36 - Apr 20 by Boris_

I think June is when the players will go back to 'pre-season' for football behind closed doors with the first games being in July. As they have had so long off, they are going to need some form of pre-season to get going again, you'd think?

I reckon they’ll go back to training in May with a view to starting again in June, have the season finished for mid July and then start the next one mid September.

When will gyms reopen? I’m getting bored with doing circuits in the garden, don’t like running. Thinking of buying a rowing machine or that bike you got.

Login to get fewer ads

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 16:28 - Apr 20 with 1220 views1teeminants

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:27 - Apr 20 by PatfromPoole

That would leave to a second wave to come in the autumn.....

Germany are already opening up as are China and we were about a month behind Wuhan . I really do not get why people will think it’s going to be so much longer here, new cases are already falling .

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 16:57 - Apr 20 with 1196 viewsPatfromPoole

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 16:28 - Apr 20 by 1teeminants

Germany are already opening up as are China and we were about a month behind Wuhan . I really do not get why people will think it’s going to be so much longer here, new cases are already falling .

New cases are falling because of the lockdown though.

There isn’t a sufficiently high herd immunity for a relaxing of lockdown measures to lead to anything other than a big second wave.

The Government are fully aware there is going to be an extended lockdown; they dare not publicly admit it for the fears of impact on mental health and the economy.

As I have said elsewhere, there will only be a relaxing if the Government change tack and accept that there will be hundreds of thousands of deaths but the economic impact is mitigated of shutdowns.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 17:47 - Apr 20 with 1157 viewsBoris_

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 16:28 - Apr 20 by 1teeminants

Genuinely mush, no disrespect but I feel sorry for people who think there won't be some form of lockdown for many many months and we only have a few more weeks until we're back to normal and in a pub with our pals again.

If you release lockdown too much or too quickly, the virus will just come back for a second, third and fourth wave. The only reason deaths and new cases are falling is because nothing is open for the virus to spread.

We will have restrictions and a form of lockdown/social distancing until a vaccine is found, trialled and then produced, which 100% will not be this year.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 17:50 - Apr 20 with 1150 viewsPatfromPoole

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 17:47 - Apr 20 by Boris_

Genuinely mush, no disrespect but I feel sorry for people who think there won't be some form of lockdown for many many months and we only have a few more weeks until we're back to normal and in a pub with our pals again.

If you release lockdown too much or too quickly, the virus will just come back for a second, third and fourth wave. The only reason deaths and new cases are falling is because nothing is open for the virus to spread.

We will have restrictions and a form of lockdown/social distancing until a vaccine is found, trialled and then produced, which 100% will not be this year.

+1.

Nail on head.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 18:04 - Apr 20 with 1144 viewsMr_Happy

This, spot on.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 18:22 - Apr 20 with 1127 viewsRon11

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 15:19 - Apr 20 by Mr_Happy

Pubs, restaurants and crowds only when there's a vaccine or a cure.
Probably in the spring of next year.

If that's the case, there won't be any pubs left.
Back to Normality Sweepstake on 18:39 - Apr 20 with 1099 viewsBoris_

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 18:22 - Apr 20 by Ron11

If that's the case, there won't be any pubs left.

Don't agree with that. Pubs are being very well looked after at the moment.

For those that are brewery owned, everyone including Landlords will be furloughed on 80% wages.

For privately owned, they should still be able to furlough themselves and/or get a business interruption loan.

All would have received a £25k grant which in most cases should cover 3-6 months rent ( and I am sure more will come in the future ) and none will be paying business rates at the moment whilst they aren't trading.

Pubs can tread water for a very long time, the biggest damage ( stock going out of date ) has already been done.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 18:46 - Apr 20 with 1090 viewsMr_Happy

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 18:39 - Apr 20 by Boris_

Don't agree with that. Pubs are being very well looked after at the moment.

For those that are brewery owned, everyone including Landlords will be furloughed on 80% wages.

For privately owned, they should still be able to furlough themselves and/or get a business interruption loan.

All would have received a £25k grant which in most cases should cover 3-6 months rent ( and I am sure more will come in the future ) and none will be paying business rates at the moment whilst they aren't trading.

Pubs can tread water for a very long time, the biggest damage ( stock going out of date ) has already been done.

Businesses that were in trouble before this started will be gone, businesses that were strong before shouldn't have a problem, if nothing else this will clear out the dead wood and give the country a fresh start.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 19:21 - Apr 20 with 1063 views1teeminants

Nobody knows mate do they it’s all guesswork . I predict deaths and new cases will fall steadily over the coming weeks . I didn’t say pubs would be open in a few weeks I predicted July which could anytime in July which could be 12/13 weeks away . Plenty of time yet . I’ve always thought we’ll get the season finished starting again in June Sometime ,again this could be end of June, behind closed doors and I still believe that. We’ll see .

We constantly hear about the deaths but we don’t hear much about recoveries. Personally I know three people who have had the virus . Two are in their eighties and they have both recovered . The other is in his sixties and he has also recovered.We don’t like to talk about this for some reason .
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 19:38]

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 19:23 - Apr 20 with 1062 viewsHeisenberg

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 18:46 - Apr 20 by Mr_Happy

Businesses that were in trouble before this started will be gone, businesses that were strong before shouldn't have a problem, if nothing else this will clear out the dead wood and give the country a fresh start.

Like football clubs you mean ? Clear out clubs that are in debt or making a loss would leave a handful left.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 19:37 - Apr 20 with 1040 viewsPatfromPoole

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 19:23 - Apr 20 by Heisenberg

Like football clubs you mean ? Clear out clubs that are in debt or making a loss would leave a handful left.

I think at least 20-30 clubs will go to the wall and have to re-form in the lower Leagues.

Will only be avoided if players agree to rip up contracts and agree to a big pay cut. Never going to happen.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 19:50 - Apr 20 with 1026 viewsHeisenberg

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 19:37 - Apr 20 by PatfromPoole

I think at least 20-30 clubs will go to the wall and have to re-form in the lower Leagues.

Will only be avoided if players agree to rip up contracts and agree to a big pay cut. Never going to happen.

I think it's more than that Pat. 92 professional football clubs is unrealistic given the recession we are facing after this. I was reading about League One and Two clubs with over 20 million debts with the only real asset they own is the stadium, or more importantly the land it sits on. It's going to be carnage once those debts are called in.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 23:21 - Apr 20 with 950 viewsMr_Happy

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 19:50 - Apr 20 by Heisenberg

I think it's more than that Pat. 92 professional football clubs is unrealistic given the recession we are facing after this. I was reading about League One and Two clubs with over 20 million debts with the only real asset they own is the stadium, or more importantly the land it sits on. It's going to be carnage once those debts are called in.

Good, football could do with getting in the real world.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 23:43 - Apr 20 with 935 views1885_SFC

Headlines in the Mirror tonight that Mesut Özil is one of three Arsenal players who are refusing to take a pay cut. And this - from a guy who earns £350,000 per week.

The professional game is screwed alright.

Old School is Cool

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 09:40 - Apr 21 with 838 viewskingslandstand1

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 23:43 - Apr 20 by 1885_SFC

Headlines in the Mirror tonight that Mesut Özil is one of three Arsenal players who are refusing to take a pay cut. And this - from a guy who earns £350,000 per week.

It's headlines in the Mail this morning as well, although nit allowed to mention I read that, but you are so right, the game is fuked
Back to Normality Sweepstake on 09:49 - Apr 21 with 820 viewsthis_charming_man

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 09:40 - Apr 21 by kingslandstand1

It's headlines in the Mail this morning as well, although nit allowed to mention I read that, but you are so right, the game is fuked

Mail has been a bit critical of the government this week so looks like you've got a small window to say you read it before you go back to being a racist biggot then next time they say something lefties dont like.

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 10:55 - Apr 21 with 789 viewsMr_Happy

Back to Normality Sweepstake on 23:43 - Apr 20 by 1885_SFC

I don't see any oligarchs or Tory party donors taking a pay cut or donating money to the NHS.
In fact quite the opposite, there are billionaires begging the government for money right now.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024