Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlough Scheme 07:31 - May 12 with 1347 viewsPatfromPoole

Strong rumour today seems to be that Saint Rishi will today extend the furlough scheme from the end of June to September.

But with the percentage of pay funded dropping from 80% to 60%.

Could get interesting. I wonder how many people may push for redundancy and take their chances on finding alternative work.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Furlough Scheme on 07:36 - May 12 with 937 viewssaint68

Still very generous at 60%, they obviously know a second wave is most likely and have had to extend the scheme to September.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Furlough Scheme on 07:47 - May 12 with 919 viewsPatfromPoole

Furlough Scheme on 07:36 - May 12 by saint68

Still very generous at 60%, they obviously know a second wave is most likely and have had to extend the scheme to September.

I think the reality is that it is going to take a lot of employers quite a bit of time to make workplaces social distancing compliant.

And even when they are, I find it difficult to see how they will be able to accommodate the same number of people.

Furlough Scheme on 07:53 - May 12 with 911 viewsPatfromPoole

Think the other issue is that if they stop the scheme, then at a stroke you could have about 3 million made unemployed at the start of July.

At which point civil unrest could seriously kick in.

Furlough Scheme on 08:00 - May 12 with 895 viewssaint68

Furlough Scheme on 07:53 - May 12 by PatfromPoole

Think the other issue is that if they stop the scheme, then at a stroke you could have about 3 million made unemployed at the start of July.

At which point civil unrest could seriously kick in.

Where possible employers could start a pattern of 3 shifts a day to minimise contact, not ideal but at least that would allow at least 66% of the normal workforce to maintain their income.

Difficult times ahead unfortunately.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Furlough Scheme on 12:24 - May 12 with 791 viewssolent_toffee

Furlough Scheme on 07:36 - May 12 by saint68

60% is very generous, I’m sure there will be some who complain, but it could be a lot worse. Especially when you consider there is bugger all to spend money on whilst this situation is going on.
Furlough Scheme on 12:42 - May 12 with 772 viewsHeisenberg

Extended to October.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Furlough Scheme on 12:46 - May 12 with 767 viewsPatfromPoole

He’s giving more support than I thought.

80% until the end of July.

Scheme runs through until the end of October, but it seems there is flexibility for workers to return part-time within this period.

More details to be released by the end of May.

Furlough Scheme on 12:48 - May 12 with 761 viewssolent_toffee

Furlough Scheme on 12:42 - May 12 by Heisenberg

Extended to October.

Quite refreshing to watch the House of Commons debate at the moment, with all parties showing support to the chancellor and the chancellor being very clear with the communication and process.
Login to get fewer ads

Furlough Scheme on 13:12 - May 12 with 736 viewsSadoldgit

Very good news for those relying on it. Hopefully businesses will pick up the slack when required and not lay people off. We aren’t getting any financial support but my wife is working from home so we have only lost my part time income. Hoping that I will be back to work from 1st June assuming the business does reopen.
Furlough Scheme on 14:10 - May 12 with 701 viewsPatfromPoole

Just heard that even businesses which are closed in August and not able to trade are going to be forced to make some contribution towards the 80% after the end of July.

Expect a load of redundancies in August.

Furlough Scheme on 15:35 - May 12 with 645 viewsBoris_

Furlough Scheme on 14:10 - May 12 by PatfromPoole

Just heard that even businesses which are closed in August and not able to trade are going to be forced to make some contribution towards the 80% after the end of July.

I haven't read the detail yet but on the face of it, it's quite worrying we're offering a furlough through to October as it suggests that no significant changes to our lives until at least that date.

It's a good thing that part-time work is allowed. I could do with a couple of our team being in 1-2 days a week but the current scheme which is 'all or nothing' isn't helpful at all and means me and the Mrs end up having to do the work that we can't ask our furloughed staff to do, on top of everything else.

It would also save the government money so doesn't really make sense why they haven't done part-time furloughing so far.

The tourism industry unfortunately is f*cked. Furlough ending in October just as all of the industries reliant on tourism go out of season... how are they going to pay their staff from October until the start of the new season in Spring 2021?

Poll: Claude Puel

Furlough Scheme on 16:05 - May 12 with 625 viewsPatfromPoole

Furlough Scheme on 15:35 - May 12 by Boris_

I haven't read the detail yet but on the face of it, it's quite worrying we're offering a furlough through to October as it suggests that no significant changes to our lives until at least that date.

It's a good thing that part-time work is allowed. I could do with a couple of our team being in 1-2 days a week but the current scheme which is 'all or nothing' isn't helpful at all and means me and the Mrs end up having to do the work that we can't ask our furloughed staff to do, on top of everything else.

It would also save the government money so doesn't really make sense why they haven't done part-time furloughing so far.

The tourism industry unfortunately is f*cked. Furlough ending in October just as all of the industries reliant on tourism go out of season... how are they going to pay their staff from October until the start of the new season in Spring 2021?

That’s the point though.

They are going to have start contributing to their salaries in August.

Which is why I think there will be mass lay-offs in August.

Furlough Scheme on 16:09 - May 12 with 620 viewsHeisenberg

Furlough Scheme on 15:35 - May 12 by Boris_

Can't you use part of the 50k interest free loan you were applauding the Chancellor for the other day ? That's what it's there for isn't it ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Furlough Scheme on 16:17 - May 12 with 599 viewsOccasional_Showers

Furlough Scheme on 14:10 - May 12 by PatfromPoole

Which businesses do you think that will be out of interest?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Furlough Scheme on 16:18 - May 12 with 602 viewsBoris_

Furlough Scheme on 16:09 - May 12 by Heisenberg

Can't you use part of the 50k interest free loan you were applauding the Chancellor for the other day ? That's what it's there for isn't it ?

No Heisenberg, loans aren't for staff wages.

The Bounce Back loan is only interest free for a year. There's still £5k to pay on a £50k loan over 6 years. It's not free money.

Furlough Scheme on 16:24 - May 12 with 592 viewsPatfromPoole

Furlough Scheme on 16:17 - May 12 by Occasional_Showers

Which businesses do you think that will be out of interest?

Leisure, hospitality, pubs, restaurants; anything which is dependent on serving the public in big quantities.

Dare I also say football clubs???

Furlough Scheme on 16:28 - May 12 with 587 viewsHeisenberg

Furlough Scheme on 16:18 - May 12 by Boris_

No Heisenberg, loans aren't for staff wages.

The Bounce Back loan is only interest free for a year. There's still £5k to pay on a £50k loan over 6 years. It's not free money.

Bounce back loans can be used for paying staff wages, including your own. No idea if it's a good thing to do but they can be used that way.

Furlough Scheme on 16:28 - May 12 with 587 viewsBoris_

Furlough Scheme on 16:24 - May 12 by PatfromPoole

Leisure, hospitality, pubs, restaurants; anything which is dependent on serving the public in big quantities.

Dare I also say football clubs???

Any tourism related industries will be in huge trouble, Hotels and Holiday resorts, Airlines, Cruise Industry, Theme Parks, etc.

All the furlough is doing for a lot of them is kicking their liquidation down the road a few months I fear, unless they are going to keep them ticking over until next season.

L1 and L2 football clubs are going to be in huge trouble. Indoor Arena's and Sports Venues will also go pop, as will Childrens Indoor Parks etc.

Furlough Scheme on 16:34 - May 12 with 581 views1885_SFC

Furlough Scheme on 16:28 - May 12 by Boris_

Any tourism related industries will be in huge trouble, Hotels and Holiday resorts, Airlines, Cruise Industry, Theme Parks, etc.

All the furlough is doing for a lot of them is kicking their liquidation down the road a few months I fear, unless they are going to keep them ticking over until next season.

L1 and L2 football clubs are going to be in huge trouble. Indoor Arena's and Sports Venues will also go pop, as will Childrens Indoor Parks etc.

Airlines are absolutely f*cked - possibly for years to come.

Say goodbye to any cheap flights for the foreseeable future.

Old School is Cool

Furlough Scheme on 16:38 - May 12 with 571 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Furlough Scheme on 16:34 - May 12 by 1885_SFC

I can't say I'm sad that there will be far fewer flights - it's so harmful for the climate and the sky has been so much more clear recently.

All these people flying round the world for meetings is utterly pointless and the last 2 months has shown many that it's a waste of time. When I used to do it, generally the reason was tenuous and you'd end up on the p*ss for a week.

Flying around the world should be a real luxury and not something cheap and polluting.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Furlough Scheme on 16:41 - May 12 with 563 viewsBoris_

Furlough Scheme on 16:34 - May 12 by 1885_SFC

Indeed. I have my stag do booked for next month. RyanAir have cancelled the flight so much that you can't book on to it, but of course are refusing to even discuss a refund and their 'Contact Us' page is well hidden.

Furlough Scheme on 16:45 - May 12 with 552 views1885_SFC

Furlough Scheme on 16:38 - May 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I can't say I'm sad that there will be far fewer flights - it's so harmful for the climate and the sky has been so much more clear recently.

All these people flying round the world for meetings is utterly pointless and the last 2 months has shown many that it's a waste of time. When I used to do it, generally the reason was tenuous and you'd end up on the p*ss for a week.

Flying around the world should be a real luxury and not something cheap and polluting.

I agree with that GC.

On the plus side; I think many more people will holiday in the UK - at least for the next few years. There's also no reason why you can't take your car or a motorhome through the Channel Tunnel or across by ferry to France and drive down through to the South or even Spain, etc.

I know people moan about the UK weather in the Summer... but the last few years have been decent & hotter at times than the Med!

Old School is Cool

Furlough Scheme on 16:47 - May 12 with 541 viewsJaySaint

so,

Holiday more in the UK
Make things in the UK
Employ people from the UK
Keep boarders tight/controlled

Where was this attitude in 2016-2019? could have saved a heap load of hassle now everyone is a 'racist'

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Furlough Scheme on 16:48 - May 12 with 539 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Furlough Scheme on 16:45 - May 12 by 1885_SFC

I agree with that GC.

On the plus side; I think many more people will holiday in the UK - at least for the next few years. There's also no reason why you can't take your car or a motorhome through the Channel Tunnel or across by ferry to France and drive down through to the South or even Spain, etc.

I know people moan about the UK weather in the Summer... but the last few years have been decent & hotter at times than the Med!

Annoyingly though, we holiday in the UK a couple of times a year - costs for that will now go through the roof - a £1500 cottage I would have booked, for a week is already looking like £2500 for the same period in August, I was having a look last week out of curiosity.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Furlough Scheme on 16:48 - May 12 with 536 viewsBoris_

Furlough Scheme on 16:28 - May 12 by Heisenberg

Bounce back loans can be used for paying staff wages, including your own. No idea if it's a good thing to do but they can be used that way.

It's absolutely not a good idea mush. In normal circumstances if you were propping up staff wages with loans then you'd almost certainly be trading whilst insolvent which is illegal if it's over a period of time and there's no obvious route out.

Wouldn't be the best BUSINESS move when the government are offering to pay your payroll either. P*ssing money away.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 16:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024