Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star 06:09 - May 24 with 3538 viewsButty101

This can’t be true we have a great owner.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/southampton-face-major-exodus-star-22

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 07:32 - May 24 with 2502 viewsJaySaint

more sales on top of the departures over the last 12 months

great

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:32 - May 24 with 2437 viewsPatfromPoole

Brinkmanship from Gao?

I would be surprised if nobody was interested at £150 million, if that is the asking price.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:35 - May 24 with 2430 viewsTripleNiemi

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 07:32 - May 24 by JaySaint

great

[Post edited 24 May 2020 8:38]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:37 - May 24 with 2425 viewsTripleNiemi

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 07:32 - May 24 by JaySaint

great

My question remains the same regardless of asking price...

Why the fcuk did Gao buy into Saints? We were told in no uncertain terms that he loved the area and 'passion of the fans'. Poppycock.

Since we are not allowed to mention a certain two words, i would love to know why if it was not for the reasons some of us think.

Paper talk or not, sell Ings and watch fans leave in their droves.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 8:41]

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:42 - May 24 with 2407 viewsPatfromPoole

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:37 - May 24 by TripleNiemi

Why the fcuk did Gao buy into Saints? We were told in no uncertain terms that he loved the area and 'passion of the fans'. Poppycock.

Since we are not allowed to mention a certain two words, i would love to know why if it was not for the reasons some of us think.

Not as if it’s going to have any impact on attendances over the next 12 months.....

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:52 - May 24 with 2401 viewsSaintNick

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:42 - May 24 by PatfromPoole

Not as if it’s going to have any impact on attendances over the next 12 months.....

I know people dont like Gao, but aside from not putting in £200 million for transfers, what has he done wrong or indeed any different from most owners ?

People are ready to believe the media when it suits the agenda and this seems to be one of those times, who is telling the Daily Star that they have to sell players, it wont be the club, if you need to raise money the last thing you tell people is that you are desperate as it lowers the price they offer.

However money has to come from somewhere and I dont think people have realised how close the game is to a total meltdown with many clubs in big financial trouble if football does not finish this season and subsequently start the next.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:56 - May 24 with 2393 viewsTripleNiemi

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:42 - May 24 by PatfromPoole

True that Pat.

Mind you with recent goings on within the industry i think a few may have turned their back now anyway. What was the term banded about.....'Wealth over Health?'

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 09:00 - May 24 with 2383 viewsTripleNiemi

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:52 - May 24 by SaintNick

I know people dont like Gao, but aside from not putting in £200 million for transfers, what has he done wrong or indeed any different from most owners ?

People are ready to believe the media when it suits the agenda and this seems to be one of those times, who is telling the Daily Star that they have to sell players, it wont be the club, if you need to raise money the last thing you tell people is that you are desperate as it lowers the price they offer.

However money has to come from somewhere and I dont think people have realised how close the game is to a total meltdown with many clubs in big financial trouble if football does not finish this season and subsequently start the next.

Nick seriously, i personally do not care about Gao pumping millions in (in fact i would abhore it as its not the way imho) but surely you must be questioning why he wants to get out so quickly after buying in.

You cannot (be honest here) think that a certain section of idiots within the fan base think that they are driving him out?

My only question remains, why buy in and then want out so quickly?
[Post edited 24 May 2020 9:01]

Login to get fewer ads

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 09:08 - May 24 with 2360 viewsdirk_doone

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:37 - May 24 by TripleNiemi

History repeats itself. He was forced to sell the majority holding in Lander at a knockdown price after the share price plummeted.

Why did he buy the club? Kat sold him a vision of a business where stock would be produced or bought cheaply and sold for enormous profits, and he fell for it, hook, line and sinker, and she went smiling all the way to the bank with his money. The only smart thing he did was to insist on her delaying the sale of van Dijk until after he'd bought his share.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 09:39 - May 24 with 2309 viewsTripleNiemi

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 09:08 - May 24 by dirk_doone

History repeats itself. He was forced to sell the majority holding in Lander at a knockdown price after the share price plummeted.

Why did he buy the club? Kat sold him a vision of a business where stock would be produced or bought cheaply and sold for enormous profits, and he fell for it, hook, line and sinker, and she went smiling all the way to the bank with his money. The only smart thing he did was to insist on her delaying the sale of van Dijk until after he'd bought his share.

Come on Dirk, you cannot honestly believe that Gao and his advisors thought it would be that simple to keep making decent monies from transfers (i.e. find hidden gems, improve, sell for good profits)....seriously?

Even if Gao thought it was you cannot argue that he could have taken the money straight out once the players were sold. If so then why sanction the reinvestment of said monies back into player purchases? Yes we have bought poorly of late, but we have seen that money put back into the squad (albeit badly).

My question simply remains, why bother with Ssints FC??

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 09:53 - May 24 with 2284 viewsNumber_58

Not sure if the owner has done anything wrong. Or done anything, for that matter. He was probably sold the vision of a club who could be self-sustaining by bringing through fantastic young players and selling them on for vast transfer fees while replacing them with quality experienced players sourced through our amazing scouting system. If that's the case, I'd be inclined to see if I still had the receipt.
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:10 - May 24 with 2256 viewsSaintNick

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 09:00 - May 24 by TripleNiemi

Nick seriously, i personally do not care about Gao pumping millions in (in fact i would abhore it as its not the way imho) but surely you must be questioning why he wants to get out so quickly after buying in.

You cannot (be honest here) think that a certain section of idiots within the fan base think that they are driving him out?

My only question remains, why buy in and then want out so quickly?
[Post edited 24 May 2020 9:01]

Who says he wants to get out ? The Daily Star or the Daily Mail both respected media outlets yes ?

Perhaps he is open to offers, but he has not openly said he wants out, indeed the club issued a statement saying that Gao did not intend to sell the club, but having said that like any businessman he is open to offers.

I dont think he is being driven out, but those who constantly snipe at him are not creating a positive atmosphere around the club, look how quickly people have jumped on Gao in this thread, not one person said the is the Daily Star for f***s sake

There are many reasons why he may want to sell if that is indeed the case, over the past year or so the worsening relations between China and the West especially the USA, have meant that the Chinese government has blocked investment abroad and I know that has stopped Gao putting money into Saints, this is something that the Chinese govt do on a whim, the Wolves owners have had the same problem and have been seeking outside investment for the last 8 months at least.

This situation is worsening and at some stage Covid 19, Hong Kong and other issues may lead to China being cut off from the west.

Gao seems to have prepared for this as Saints are run as a business and do not need his funding, but the current issues mean we have no income coming in

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:12 - May 24 with 2249 viewsSadoldgit

Ours isn’t the only club that is going to struggle in the months ahead. The whole economy is shot and football is only a small part of a wider problem. No point in getting your knickers in a twist about Gao, Kat etc. We have the small issue of a global pandemic to deal with yet.
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:34 - May 24 with 2221 viewsdirk_doone

Fortunately, SFC should be protected from financial hardship by some of the money Markus Liebherr left in his will:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/11/markus-liebherr-southampton-fut

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 11:08 - May 24 with 2183 viewsBoris_

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:10 - May 24 by SaintNick

Who says he wants to get out ? The Daily Star or the Daily Mail both respected media outlets yes ?

Perhaps he is open to offers, but he has not openly said he wants out, indeed the club issued a statement saying that Gao did not intend to sell the club, but having said that like any businessman he is open to offers.

I dont think he is being driven out, but those who constantly snipe at him are not creating a positive atmosphere around the club, look how quickly people have jumped on Gao in this thread, not one person said the is the Daily Star for f***s sake

There are many reasons why he may want to sell if that is indeed the case, over the past year or so the worsening relations between China and the West especially the USA, have meant that the Chinese government has blocked investment abroad and I know that has stopped Gao putting money into Saints, this is something that the Chinese govt do on a whim, the Wolves owners have had the same problem and have been seeking outside investment for the last 8 months at least.

This situation is worsening and at some stage Covid 19, Hong Kong and other issues may lead to China being cut off from the west.

Gao seems to have prepared for this as Saints are run as a business and do not need his funding, but the current issues mean we have no income coming in

Nick, you are 100% on a retainer with the club.

For someone who's been involved in so many organisations over the years looking to get rid of previous owners and managed, you're not 100% obsessively positive about SFC at board level.

Poll: Claude Puel

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 11:11 - May 24 with 2168 viewsPatfromPoole

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:34 - May 24 by dirk_doone

Fortunately, SFC should be protected from financial hardship by some of the money Markus Liebherr left in his will:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/11/markus-liebherr-southampton-fut

I hope Kat buys back the 80% from Gao.

Good luck to her if she has profited out of him.

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 11:24 - May 24 with 2142 viewsthissceptredsaint

To be fair isn't the Daily Mail the largest selling newspaper in Britain? And on other matters you seem to accept their accounts Nick.

Who would you recommend we take notice of for saints news? Which journalists/media outlets?
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 11:24 - May 24 with 2142 viewsdirk_doone

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 11:11 - May 24 by PatfromPoole

Do you know what happened to the MALI group of engineering companies her father left to her, which were worth billions?

https://db0nus869y26v.cloudfront.net/en/Markus_Liebherr

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 11:42 - May 24 with 2118 viewsTripleNiemi

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 11:11 - May 24 by PatfromPoole

99.9% this.

I appreciate all that Kat has done for this club and especially at a time when she had every right to walk away when her on father sadly passed.

If she was interested and could make a decent profit in any buy back that would good business on her part. And fair play to that.

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 11:56 - May 24 with 2104 viewsdirk_doone

I've been trying to find out what happened to the big engineering companies in the MALI (MArkus LIebherr) group her father left her. There isn't much trace of them left on the internet but this word comes up a lot:

"MALI-MOTAN AG in Liquidation."

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 12:03 - May 24 with 2081 viewsBilly_Kimber

After she sold us to bloke they had to change the fit and proper person rules so his type couldn’t get their hands on another club? Nah, you’re alright.
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 12:06 - May 24 with 2074 viewsBilly_Kimber

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 08:52 - May 24 by SaintNick

He question isn’t what’s he done wrong, it’s what’s he done?

CV-19 aside Are we in a better or worse position Now than when he took over nearly 3 years ago?
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 12:16 - May 24 with 2056 viewsdirk_doone

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 11:56 - May 24 by dirk_doone

I've been trying to find out what happened to the big engineering companies in the MALI (MArkus LIebherr) group her father left her. There isn't much trace of them left on the internet but this word comes up a lot:

"MALI-MOTAN AG in Liquidation."

The other word that comes up a lot is "insolvent"

This sorry tale of people losing their jobs seems to be repeated at all of them:

"As of June 1, Managing Director Thomas Richter filed for bankruptcy for the tractor manufacturer. The company is closed, all 15 employees had to vacate their jobs and an insolvency administrator was appointed."

I assume that was just a skeleton office staff that was left when they closed down or those whose contracts hadn't expired, as they would have needed a lot more employees than that when they were manufacturing tractors. The factory workers probably only had to be given a month's notice.

https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=de&to=en&ref=SERP&dl=en&rr=UC&a=https%3a%2

What's more difficult to find out is to what extent these once thriving companies were asset-stripped, if at all, before they were forced to close down. All that's left of what was once a mighty engineering empire seems to have been reduced to just one small private bank in Switzerland, which also trades in real estate.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:20]

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 12:19 - May 24 with 2043 viewsBilly_Kimber

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 10:12 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

Ours isn’t the only club that is going to struggle in the months ahead. The whole economy is shot and football is only a small part of a wider problem. No point in getting your knickers in a twist about Gao, Kat etc. We have the small issue of a global pandemic to deal with yet.

No idea how much substance is in this but with the likelihood many clubs will be in trouble why have they singled us out and splashed it across their back page? We are not massive news so people won’t buy the star because of an article about saints.

I see the club via Blackmore have responded denying it’s true, which you’d expect. It’s pretty obvious though that with our big losses having no players anyone wants to buy we were going to be badly hurt by the CV19 issues.
Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 12:24 - May 24 with 2028 viewsSadoldgit

Fire sale in the summer according to daily star on 12:19 - May 24 by Billy_Kimber

No idea how much substance is in this but with the likelihood many clubs will be in trouble why have they singled us out and splashed it across their back page? We are not massive news so people won’t buy the star because of an article about saints.

I see the club via Blackmore have responded denying it’s true, which you’d expect. It’s pretty obvious though that with our big losses having no players anyone wants to buy we were going to be badly hurt by the CV19 issues.

We might not be a Liverpool but we are a Premiership club and they need to fill their pages with something. Focussing on one club gives the story more clout than just referring to a handful of clubs generally. Let’s be clear, we are not the only club with financial problems.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024