Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lallana the legend 07:25 - Jul 8 with 2435 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/07/adam-lallana-will-not-play-agai
Lallana the legend on 09:21 - Jul 8 with 2304 viewsRon11

Lallana the legend on 09:42 - Jul 8 with 2274 viewsSonicBoom

If he was that much of a legend they wouldn't be letting him go at 31. For free.
Lallana the legend on 12:10 - Jul 8 with 2168 viewsfranniesTache

Saw the url and hoped it would just be not play again, sadly the rat faced c*nt probably will.
Lallana the legend on 13:08 - Jul 8 with 2117 viewskingslandstand1

Lallana the legend on 09:42 - Jul 8 by SonicBoom

If he was that much of a legend they wouldn't be letting him go at 31. For free.

This
Lallana the legend on 13:25 - Jul 8 with 2104 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Klopp really is full of sh*t.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Lallana the legend on 17:03 - Jul 8 with 1978 viewssaint68

Lallana the legend on 12:10 - Jul 8 by franniesTache

Saw the url and hoped it would just be not play again, sadly the rat faced c*nt probably will.

Priceless 🤣😂🤣😂😇

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Lallana the legend on 21:41 - Jul 8 with 1849 viewsTimSaint

Lallana the legend on 12:10 - Jul 8 by franniesTache

Probably end up playing for that complete cvnt Rogers and be on the pitch with that even bigger cvnt Vardy. How fitting.

TimSaint

Lallana the legend on 08:13 - Jul 9 with 1721 viewsdirk_doone

Le Tissier was on Sky Sports News last night, saying what a great player Lallana was. He said he was one of his favourite Saints players to watch. When asked who he thought he should play for next, he replied "Southampton." He got his maths a bit wrong though. He said that "Lallana would still get into 95% of Premier League teams." Well, as there are only 20 teams, that would be all of them.

People seem to forget what a great player he was at his peak. He was certainly a legend in his 8 years for us and he won some remarkable honours at Liverpool:. As well as being a World Club Champion, he was in the Premier League Team of the Year in 2014 and he was England's Player of the Year in 2016.

Honours

Southampton

Football League Trophy: 2009—10
Football League One runner-up: 2010—11
Football League Championship runner-up: 2011—12

Liverpool

Premier League: 2019—20
UEFA Champions League: 2018—19; runner-up: 2017—18
UEFA Super Cup: 2019
FIFA Club World Cup: 2019
Football League Cup runner-up: 2015—16
UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2015—16

Individual

PFA Team of the Year: 2010—11 League One, 2011—12 Championship, 2013—14 Premier League

The Football Manager Team of the Decade: 2015

England Player of the Year Award: 2016

It's a great shame that Les Reed's negative PR leaks about all the players and managers he fell out with have burnt so many bridges between the fans and our great ex-players and managers and created such a poisonous atmosphere. Fortunately, now that Reed has gone, that doesn't happen any more.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 8:46]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Lallana the legend on 09:46 - Jul 9 with 1651 viewsarfurdent

he is still a complete t0sser

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Lallana the legend on 10:17 - Jul 9 with 1637 viewsBuggalugs

Lallana the legend on 08:13 - Jul 9 by dirk_doone

Le Tissier was on Sky Sports News last night, saying what a great player Lallana was. He said he was one of his favourite Saints players to watch. When asked who he thought he should play for next, he replied "Southampton." He got his maths a bit wrong though. He said that "Lallana would still get into 95% of Premier League teams." Well, as there are only 20 teams, that would be all of them.

People seem to forget what a great player he was at his peak. He was certainly a legend in his 8 years for us and he won some remarkable honours at Liverpool:. As well as being a World Club Champion, he was in the Premier League Team of the Year in 2014 and he was England's Player of the Year in 2016.

Honours

Southampton

Football League Trophy: 2009—10
Football League One runner-up: 2010—11
Football League Championship runner-up: 2011—12

Liverpool

Premier League: 2019—20
UEFA Champions League: 2018—19; runner-up: 2017—18
UEFA Super Cup: 2019
FIFA Club World Cup: 2019
Football League Cup runner-up: 2015—16
UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2015—16

Individual

PFA Team of the Year: 2010—11 League One, 2011—12 Championship, 2013—14 Premier League

The Football Manager Team of the Decade: 2015

England Player of the Year Award: 2016

It's a great shame that Les Reed's negative PR leaks about all the players and managers he fell out with have burnt so many bridges between the fans and our great ex-players and managers and created such a poisonous atmosphere. Fortunately, now that Reed has gone, that doesn't happen any more.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 8:46]

I'm not sure all the blame can be laid at Reed's door for the way that batch of players left; players are ambitious as well as greedy, so when the chance comes to climb the ladder, many get a bit too over-excited and don't conduct themselves as they should.

It's a shame as I completely agree with you about him as a player....probably the most skilful and influential we've had since MLT. He was pure quality for us and I loved watching him play.

I now think he's a poncey prat.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Lallana the legend on 10:38 - Jul 9 with 1621 viewsdirk_doone

Lallana the legend on 10:17 - Jul 9 by Buggalugs

I'm not sure all the blame can be laid at Reed's door for the way that batch of players left; players are ambitious as well as greedy, so when the chance comes to climb the ladder, many get a bit too over-excited and don't conduct themselves as they should.

It's a shame as I completely agree with you about him as a player....probably the most skilful and influential we've had since MLT. He was pure quality for us and I loved watching him play.

I know it's not a popular view on here but I agree with Le Tissier and still think of him as a great ex-Saints player.

Once he'd got enough power to do what he liked, Les Reed became a toxic influence at the club. It's not surprising that players and managers fell out with him. I wonder where we'd be now if we hadn't finally managed to get rid of him? We certainly wouldn't have got Ralph as our manager.

It's perfectly normal for players to play for more than one club and to try to play for the biggest and best club they can. Sometimes the owners of their first club want to cash in on them anyway, and that has certainly been the case at Southampton, or understand that after giving years of good service, they want to advance their careers.

That's the way it always has been. I remember when Chivers went to Spurs and Channon to Man City. It was only when Les Reed was here that players' and managers' departures became so publicly acrimonious.

Lallana the legend on 12:02 - Jul 9 with 1555 viewsfranniesTache

He played really well for us but he also threw his toys out the pram on our first relegation to league one and demanded a move, phoned the chairman and screamed down the phone at him, refused to play for us more than once, signed liverpool shirts whilst our captain and not for sale and said he hoped to leave, took out a full page advert of himself to say "thanks" and then spent every opportunity he could saying he was a bournemouth fan at heart.

He's a little sniffling prick who doesn't deserve anything other than malice.
Lallana the legend on 12:15 - Jul 9 with 1539 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana the legend on 12:02 - Jul 9 by franniesTache

He played really well for us but he also threw his toys out the pram on our first relegation to league one and demanded a move, phoned the chairman and screamed down the phone at him, refused to play for us more than once, signed liverpool shirts whilst our captain and not for sale and said he hoped to leave, took out a full page advert of himself to say "thanks" and then spent every opportunity he could saying he was a bournemouth fan at heart.

He's a little sniffling prick who doesn't deserve anything other than malice.

Point of order, Frannie. I think it was a half page advert...he didn't think it worth the expense to stump up for a full page as, I believe, SRL did...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Lallana the legend on 12:17 - Jul 9 with 1537 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana the legend on 10:17 - Jul 9 by Buggalugs

Ambitious as well as greedy? True, and you could also add the words "thick" and "vain" to describe many as well. A case in point being Charlie Austin....

Lallana the legend on 13:17 - Jul 9 with 1490 viewsdirk_doone

"He phoned the chairman and screamed down the phone at him"

That's the second version of that that's done the rounds on social media. The first one was that he had screamed down the phone at Les Reed. The latest version is that it was at whoever was chairman when we got relegated. It just keeps getting better.

And you were actually there to witness all that? I bet it was a friend of a friend of a friend who heard every word of it, wasn't it? Amazing.

Think about it. Matt Le Tissier obviously has.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 13:26]

Lallana the legend on 14:14 - Jul 9 with 1400 viewsfranniesTache

Lallana the legend on 13:17 - Jul 9 by dirk_doone

"He phoned the chairman and screamed down the phone at him"

That's the second version of that that's done the rounds on social media. The first one was that he had screamed down the phone at Les Reed. The latest version is that it was at whoever was chairman when we got relegated. It just keeps getting better.

And you were actually there to witness all that? I bet it was a friend of a friend of a friend who heard every word of it, wasn't it? Amazing.

Think about it. Matt Le Tissier obviously has.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 13:26]

i wasn't there in person and it wasn't a friend of a friend, some on here know who my source is, and if you look through what i've written, when i've written it, about the goings on in the club you'd know it's not social media stuff it's true.
Lallana the legend on 16:35 - Jul 9 with 1348 viewsstmichael

The negative remarks say more about the tiny mindset of people on here than the player himself.
8 years and 2 promotions.
Incredible player and very loyal.
Lucky to get 2 years from anyone these days unless there not very good.
Love Adam and would welcome him back.
So would Tiss...
Guess he’s a coont too for saying so 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Lallana the legend on 16:39 - Jul 9 with 1337 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana the legend on 16:35 - Jul 9 by stmichael

The negative remarks say more about the tiny mindset of people on here than the player himself.
8 years and 2 promotions.
Incredible player and very loyal.
Lucky to get 2 years from anyone these days unless there not very good.
Love Adam and would welcome him back.
So would Tiss...
Guess he’s a coont too for saying so 🤷‍♂️

There's no disputing that he was an excellent player for us ,it was the way he left which was underhand, tacky and classless that pissed people off. There's ways of doing things and he did it the wrong way...

Lallana the legend on 16:51 - Jul 9 with 1331 viewsdirk_doone

Lallana the legend on 16:39 - Jul 9 by Chesham_Saint

There's no disputing that he was an excellent player for us ,it was the way he left which was underhand, tacky and classless that pissed people off. There's ways of doing things and he did it the wrong way...

As any negotiations were conducted behind closed doors, we have no idea what way he did it. He is a quiet character who led a very private life after marrying the girl he'd met when he was a teenager here and then leading a family life away from the night club scene frequented by most young footballers.

He has always been a model pro, who is highly respected by all other footballers including Le Tissier. Some paparazzo got a kid to thrust a football shirt in front of him at an airport and ask him for an autograph and unlike some of the arrogant characters in the game today, he was kind enough to stop and sign it. What a horrific crime that was.

I was appalled by the negative rumours that were spread about the players and managers Les Reed fell out with and how easily some of our fans lapped them up.

He probably did want to play for a top club like Liverpool. Who wouldn't? And after all the years' service he gave to our club, who would deny him his shot at the big time? One thing's for sure, whether he'd wanted to go or stay, Kat and Les would have eventually cashed in on him whenever they felt like it as they did with all of our best players.

The fact that our memories of club legends like Lallana, Fonte and Koeman are tainted by rumours spread on the internet during the Les Reed era is very sad . Thank God that has stopped now.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 17:00]

Lallana the legend on 20:01 - Jul 9 with 1266 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana the legend on 16:51 - Jul 9 by dirk_doone

As any negotiations were conducted behind closed doors, we have no idea what way he did it. He is a quiet character who led a very private life after marrying the girl he'd met when he was a teenager here and then leading a family life away from the night club scene frequented by most young footballers.

He has always been a model pro, who is highly respected by all other footballers including Le Tissier. Some paparazzo got a kid to thrust a football shirt in front of him at an airport and ask him for an autograph and unlike some of the arrogant characters in the game today, he was kind enough to stop and sign it. What a horrific crime that was.

I was appalled by the negative rumours that were spread about the players and managers Les Reed fell out with and how easily some of our fans lapped them up.

He probably did want to play for a top club like Liverpool. Who wouldn't? And after all the years' service he gave to our club, who would deny him his shot at the big time? One thing's for sure, whether he'd wanted to go or stay, Kat and Les would have eventually cashed in on him whenever they felt like it as they did with all of our best players.

The fact that our memories of club legends like Lallana, Fonte and Koeman are tainted by rumours spread on the internet during the Les Reed era is very sad . Thank God that has stopped now.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 17:00]

One thing isn’t disputed. He Signed or put on a Liverpool top whilst he was still our player. He may be a model pro, but THAT is an act of an arrogant, selfish dickhead from the perspective of the fans.

Lallana the legend on 21:59 - Jul 9 with 1211 viewsA1079

I know it is not popular, but I am with those that would not dismiss Lallana out of hand. Yes, I did not like the manner in which he departed but he was a good player for us and there is still a good player in there. If he returned to Saints (though I don't think he will) I would not personally have a problem with it. I think he regretted the manner in which he behaved and left, but who amongst us can say that we have not done something that in the cold light of day we wish we hadn't.
Lallana the legend on 11:23 - Jul 10 with 1110 viewskingolaf

I remember watching an away match against Exeter in our League One days.

He was injured and made his own way to the ground to cheer the lads on.

He’s not all bad! I think he would improve our team, so would welcome him back.
Lallana the legend on 11:44 - Jul 10 with 1106 viewsfranniesTache

if you think the rat was a model pro then you clearly don't know much about what he was up to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024