Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrison Reed 08:23 - Jul 27 with 4593 viewsPatfromPoole

Going to watch the Cardiff v Fulham play-off tonight to see how Harrison Reed does.

He could yet save the club about £15 million in replacing Hjogjberg.

Haven’t seen enough of him of late to judge.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Harrison Reed on 04:52 - Jul 28 with 1358 viewsareasix

I have mentioned several times recently how good he is playing and I went a couple of weeks ago to the cottage to see for my self , I am no scout but you could see that Scott Parker has helped him to improve to such an extent that he was the shining light and a class above in the game. He has a great motor and a real drive to move the ball forward as quickly as possible.
Harry Kane was not rated till he went out on loan and learnt his trade , l am sure Reed is now the player that was hiding from just getting the odd chance.
I would say let Ralph do his magic and he could be a very interesting addition.
Harrison Reed on 06:18 - Jul 28 with 1339 viewspjt50

Harrison Reed on 23:05 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

I applaud the confidence that some of you have in a player who has played only 62 minutes for the club in the last 5 years and can wax lyrical about his 6 Premier League starts and 538 minute Saints career, most of which was 5-6 years ago.

I like Harrison Reed, but I am looking at fact not fiction, and not through rose tinted spectacles, if Fulham don't go up then there will not be a bid for him from any club above us in the Premier League aside from perhaps Burnley and the fee will do well to reach £5 million.

If we harbour hopes of a top 10 finish we need to be buying players of a certain standard

In terms of stats he is 144th in Championship players, 15th in terms of Fulham players and 229th in the list of Worldwide defensive midfielders, Lemina is rated at 62

Surely that's the point. 5-6 years ago Reed was 19-20. How many 20 year olds hold down the pivotal role of defensive midfielder in the top flight?

If Ralph's tenure has shown us anything it's that the key to success is having players who can play in his system. I've got no idea whether Reed can do that or not — or maybe managers have seen something in him that they just don't fancy — but purely on current form he merits another look before we let him go on the cheap.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Harrison Reed on 08:12 - Jul 28 with 1282 viewsButty101

Reed has been a bit unlucky imo. The fact is home grown players are not afforded opportunities that a signing who has a few million. Reed under Koeman had a great game mom game against Everton. At the press conference Koeman slagged him off. His height has been what’s held him back

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Harrison Reed on 08:16 - Jul 28 with 1276 viewsPatfromPoole

Harrison Reed on 04:52 - Jul 28 by areasix

I have mentioned several times recently how good he is playing and I went a couple of weeks ago to the cottage to see for my self , I am no scout but you could see that Scott Parker has helped him to improve to such an extent that he was the shining light and a class above in the game. He has a great motor and a real drive to move the ball forward as quickly as possible.
Harry Kane was not rated till he went out on loan and learnt his trade , l am sure Reed is now the player that was hiding from just getting the odd chance.
I would say let Ralph do his magic and he could be a very interesting addition.

Really interesting point about Scott Parker. I’m sure it can’t do Reed’s game any harm at all playing for him.

I can see Reed being another Jack Cork. Not a world-beater but a decent enough Prem player who wouldn’t be a Billy Big Bollocks like Wanyama ended up being.

Harrison Reed on 09:06 - Jul 28 with 1232 viewsSaintNick

Harrison Reed on 08:16 - Jul 28 by PatfromPoole

Really interesting point about Scott Parker. I’m sure it can’t do Reed’s game any harm at all playing for him.

I can see Reed being another Jack Cork. Not a world-beater but a decent enough Prem player who wouldn’t be a Billy Big Bollocks like Wanyama ended up being.

I'm a little astonished at the faith some have in Reed given the little game time he has had for Saints in the last 5 years, Will Smallbone has played almost as many minutes as Reed in the Premier League already.

Reed has had three good seasons out on loan now, none of the Saints managers in that time have seen anything in him that is better than what we have got.

I agree with what someone said earlier in the thread, at 20 he is not going to dominate the midfield, but he is approaching 26 now, his contemporary James Ward Prowse only a couple of months older has now played 231 Premier League games for Saints, Will Smallbone at 20 has come in and shown he has what it takes and is ahead in the pecking order

Truthfully no one on here has seen much of him this season, he was injured for the latter part and has only started 21 games plus 4 as sub, so he has only played half a season.

Ask yourselves this, if he is as good as some claim, why has he not been linked with a move to a Premier League club ?

As it stands his future is linked to whether Fulham go up or not, if they do will they sign him up or go for a more expensive option, if they stay down I expect them to offer about £3 million and we will push for £5 million

If he comes back assuming no other sales he will be behind, Smallbone, JWP, Armstrong, Romeu even perhaps Callum Slattery for a place in the central midfield and that is without us signing anyone else.

Reed is like Josh Sims, the fans like them because they are wholehearted players, they are nice fellas, people want them to succeed, I want them to succeed, but writing on here I have to try and give an unbiased honest assesment and I think the time has passed at St Mary's for Reed, we either have to get offer him a new deal which would mean paying him more than he is worth or a pay cut for him, or we cash in on him now, I think it will be the latter

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Harrison Reed on 09:13 - Jul 28 with 1223 viewsPatfromPoole

Harrison Reed on 09:06 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

I'm a little astonished at the faith some have in Reed given the little game time he has had for Saints in the last 5 years, Will Smallbone has played almost as many minutes as Reed in the Premier League already.

Reed has had three good seasons out on loan now, none of the Saints managers in that time have seen anything in him that is better than what we have got.

I agree with what someone said earlier in the thread, at 20 he is not going to dominate the midfield, but he is approaching 26 now, his contemporary James Ward Prowse only a couple of months older has now played 231 Premier League games for Saints, Will Smallbone at 20 has come in and shown he has what it takes and is ahead in the pecking order

Truthfully no one on here has seen much of him this season, he was injured for the latter part and has only started 21 games plus 4 as sub, so he has only played half a season.

Ask yourselves this, if he is as good as some claim, why has he not been linked with a move to a Premier League club ?

As it stands his future is linked to whether Fulham go up or not, if they do will they sign him up or go for a more expensive option, if they stay down I expect them to offer about £3 million and we will push for £5 million

If he comes back assuming no other sales he will be behind, Smallbone, JWP, Armstrong, Romeu even perhaps Callum Slattery for a place in the central midfield and that is without us signing anyone else.

Reed is like Josh Sims, the fans like them because they are wholehearted players, they are nice fellas, people want them to succeed, I want them to succeed, but writing on here I have to try and give an unbiased honest assesment and I think the time has passed at St Mary's for Reed, we either have to get offer him a new deal which would mean paying him more than he is worth or a pay cut for him, or we cash in on him now, I think it will be the latter

He’s been linked with Burnley, who finished above us and took 6 points off us last season.

As I said before, unlike Hjogjberg, he probably doesn’t have a big-shot agent so he doesn’t fill the tabloid gossip columns.

If Hjogjberg was that good, why would he not have been snapped up last summer? He’s hardly high up the rankings in our Player of the Season stakes, so if anything he would have been more sought-after last summer. But then he didn’t have a high-profile agent then.....

Harrison Reed on 09:35 - Jul 28 with 1205 viewsButty101

Harrison Reed on 09:13 - Jul 28 by PatfromPoole

He’s been linked with Burnley, who finished above us and took 6 points off us last season.

As I said before, unlike Hjogjberg, he probably doesn’t have a big-shot agent so he doesn’t fill the tabloid gossip columns.

If Hjogjberg was that good, why would he not have been snapped up last summer? He’s hardly high up the rankings in our Player of the Season stakes, so if anything he would have been more sought-after last summer. But then he didn’t have a high-profile agent then.....

Reed has also pushed Harry Arter out of the team at Fulham. An international defensive midfielder with 100 prem games. Hes worth a proper look.
I cant see how Slattery would be ahead of him in the pecking order when hes onloan at a lower level.

Harrison Reed on 09:41 - Jul 28 with 1197 viewsPatfromPoole

Harrison Reed on 09:35 - Jul 28 by Butty101

Reed has also pushed Harry Arter out of the team at Fulham. An international defensive midfielder with 100 prem games. Hes worth a proper look.
I cant see how Slattery would be ahead of him in the pecking order when hes onloan at a lower level.

What happened to Slattery?

I actually forgot all about him.....

Login to get fewer ads

Harrison Reed on 09:42 - Jul 28 with 1197 viewscocklebreath

Harrison Reed on 09:06 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

You’ve got one of your Yoshida blocks on the lad, similar to Stephens and Bednerek, players improve, I know it’s hard to believe

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Harrison Reed on 09:53 - Jul 28 with 1184 viewsSonicBoom

Harrison Reed on 09:42 - Jul 28 by cocklebreath

You’ve got one of your Yoshida blocks on the lad, similar to Stephens and Bednerek, players improve, I know it’s hard to believe

I think we as fans want him to succeed as he's an academy lad but I'm with Nick. If he was going to make it he would have done by now. He's done well - or at least adequately - in his loan spells at Championship clubs, so why do people find it so hard to believe that makes him a good Championship player?
If he was at Fulham and had nothing to do with Saints, then he wouldn't get a mention on here at all.
Also if we were to buy a midfielder from the Championship for 3-5 million at his age the club would be absolutely slated by the fans. No ambition etc etc. He's a good lad, and a good player in the Championship. Let it go.
Harrison Reed on 10:03 - Jul 28 with 1179 viewsSaintNick

Harrison Reed on 09:13 - Jul 28 by PatfromPoole

He has been linked with Burnley who are unsure whether they will have Dyche there next season due to the transfer budget being slashed and are looking at cheap options.

I don't know why Spurs are so interested in Hojbjerg one thing is for sure they have done their homework as they have the same Black Box system we have after Paul Mitchell went there, so they see something.

Ask your self this, if Reed was not our player but just Fulham's would our fans be so appreciative of him, the outcry if Saints sold Hojbjerg for £25 million and then signed Reed as his replacement for £5 million would be enormous the Saints message boards would go into meltdown.

Harrison Reed on 10:13 - Jul 28 with 1168 viewsSadoldgit

We are not signing him though. He is our player and has gone through our development system. Where is the harm in having another look at him to see if he fits our plans now? He has done well at Fulham and could well find himself playing in the Premiership next season. Imagine the outcry if we let him 𝐅or for a few million and he does well.
Harrison Reed on 10:21 - Jul 28 with 1158 viewsthissceptredsaint

How long has he on his contract?
Harrison Reed on 10:32 - Jul 28 with 1148 viewsBison

Let's get real , Noway will the money we get for PH be spent on a replacement , already Smallbone is being touted as his direct replacement which I really can't see. Reed is a far better alternative at the moment and as Soggy says he knows how the club works , the area etc...

The fact he hadn't played for us for 3 years is irrelevant , our new centre back hasn't either. We do lack depth so why not keep him till January and see how he does as starter or cover and either then let him go or offer him a new contract.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Harrison Reed on 10:42 - Jul 28 with 1140 viewspjt50

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/harrison-reed-inter

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Harrison Reed on 11:07 - Jul 28 with 1114 viewsButty101

Harrison Reed on 10:42 - Jul 28 by pjt50

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/harrison-reed-inter

Thats a great article. He must have a new agent with all that positive spin lol.

Matt targett held his own in the prem this season and i think Reed will be the same.

@Pat - the rumour was Slattery came back unfit and so packed off. Shame as he was highly rated.

Harrison Reed on 12:09 - Jul 28 with 1075 viewsSaintNick

Harrison Reed on 09:42 - Jul 28 by cocklebreath

Not at all I think he is a tidy player, my point is that how can people judge him as suddenly being Premier League class after 21 starts for Fulham this season of which most have only seen the odd game here and there and clips.

You are right players can improve and he looks to have done so, but it isn't my judgement that counts it is the managers and including the current one the last 5 have all declined to play him since 2015, they must see him in training, they monitor his progress and to be honest if he is that good then why hasn't he been snapped up, we would love his £35k a week or whatever off the books and a bit of cash to boot.

For the record I have never had a block on Bednarek I have always said he has the talent but needs a leader and organiser alongside him

Harrison Reed on 13:30 - Jul 28 with 1024 viewsareasix

Don’t forget Reed is our player zero cost of fees , been under Scott Parker’s help who was a class player in the same playing position and appears to have come in the last year big time , Fulham supporters think he is class. Kane wasn’t rated for the first two years on loan out of Spurs and look at him.
Re his agent , he uses the same one as Che Adams I think.
Harrison Reed on 14:30 - Jul 28 with 984 viewsSonicBoom

I thought we'd hit maximum delusion level with Stephens, but it seems it's even higher with Reed.
No manager picked him. None including Ralph.
He plays reasonably well in the championship so all the evidence is that he is a championship player.
Harrison Reed on 18:13 - Jul 28 with 925 viewsChesham_Saint

Harrison Reed on 14:19 - Jul 27 by TimSaint

Anyone at Stevenage that night about 8 years ago, to see Ben Reeves score his one and only Saints goal ?

I was at Stevenage. Isn't that where Billy Sharp got one for us as well?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Harrison Reed on 22:27 - Jul 28 with 858 viewscocklebreath

Harrison Reed on 14:30 - Jul 28 by SonicBoom

I thought we'd hit maximum delusion level with Stephens, but it seems it's even higher with Reed.
No manager picked him. None including Ralph.
He plays reasonably well in the championship so all the evidence is that he is a championship player.

Who knows? Seems stupid to not give him a go

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Harrison Reed on 00:31 - Jul 30 with 731 viewsareasix

Watch him tonight and give your opinion he has come on leaps and bounds from what we know of him in the past. Come on Fulham.
Harrison Reed on 07:13 - Jul 30 with 687 viewsSaintNick

Harrison Reed on 00:31 - Jul 30 by areasix

Watch him tonight and give your opinion he has come on leaps and bounds from what we know of him in the past. Come on Fulham.

He is a tidy player, but there is still a lot of questions to be answered, I hope that he is now the real deal , but is he truly better than the options we already have and that is the question.

I will watch it tonight with interest, but we will never know till he is up against Premier quality opposition.

Scott Parker is being held up as being a great coach, he couldn't keep Fulham up last season and he had the core of an expensively purchased squad and has also spent big this season, but he couldn't get them automatic promotion and is still an unknown quantity as a coach.

But with the squad he has it could be said that he hs not over achieved as you could say about the Brentford manager

Harrison Reed on 07:41 - Jul 30 with 676 viewsJaySaint

Reed is too small to be a good premier League CM

More so one who sits in front of the back 4

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Harrison Reed on 09:19 - Jul 30 with 658 viewsareasix

I am pointing out that Scotty has passed his skill and knowledge on the position that he made his own and that this is where Reed has picked up and run with.
I agree as a coach / manager he has not proved himself and no doubt if he does not get them up he will get the chop , top bloke though as I lived just around the corner at one time and he always had time to chat Football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024