Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Handballs for penalties 16:05 - Sep 27 with 816 viewsSalisburySaint

Just seen Newcastle get a ridiculous penalty in injury time, which was just as bad an award as the one Everton got yesterday

I dare say the referee will say that’s what the rules say, but if that’s the case the rule is wrong and needs changing,

How a man with his back to ball and arms just coming down from jumping up, getting hit by ball can have this award against him is crazy, and not for the first time the referees interpretation of rules is way out of touch with the fans
Handballs for penalties on 16:15 - Sep 27 with 788 viewsBicester_North

There seems at least 1 of those ridiculous decisions every week. Everyone connected with football knows it’s wrong, except the people that make the rules. VAR is the perfect way to check for legit handballs, but they’ve somehow managed to mess it up.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Handballs for penalties on 16:23 - Sep 27 with 768 viewsSalisburySaint

Handballs for penalties on 16:15 - Sep 27 by Bicester_North

There seems at least 1 of those ridiculous decisions every week. Everyone connected with football knows it’s wrong, except the people that make the rules. VAR is the perfect way to check for legit handballs, but they’ve somehow managed to mess it up.

it seemed at end of game Newcastle’s tactic, was hit cross at Carroll and for him to aim header at opponents arm and appeal for penalty
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 16:40]
Handballs for penalties on 16:35 - Sep 27 with 750 viewspjt50

I don't understand where the recent urge to tinker with the rules came from.

Even that trivial one about being allowed to pass backwards from the kick-off. In all my years of watching football I never once heard anybody complain about the old rule. Why change it? In what way does it improve the game?

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Handballs for penalties on 18:19 - Sep 27 with 617 viewsSaintsforeverj

I can't work out whether it's a good thing or not. Yes, some of the decisions this weekend, do seem rediculous. But at least they were all given, so it's consistent and fair. As long as we all know that any touch by the hand is a penalty, come what may, it's fair, I suppose. Put it this way, a hand ball at Anfield for the opposing team, would never normally be given. If it's given consistently, then it's the same for every team.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Handballs for penalties on 18:21 - Sep 27 with 615 viewsMytchettSaint

Given it was against Spurs I can’t help but feel some satisfaction about it. I remember Sons dive against us in the fa cup game like it was yesterday.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Handballs for penalties on 19:24 - Sep 27 with 553 viewsJaySaint

I thought it was quite funny.

More so with Gary Linekar's plea to end this handball madness. Yet within a few replies, it was highlighted that Linekar demanded that handballs are given, intentional or not.

Another hypocrite pundit

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024