Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I follow. 16:07 - Oct 4 with 12346 views14bowlers

Was the game on yesterday in the Radcliffe arms?
I follow. on 13:30 - Oct 8 with 1843 viewsnordenblue

I follow. on 13:14 - Oct 8 by Ancoats_Blue

Im sure we all have anecdotes about COVID. A colleague of mine and her partner late 40s both over weight one with a compromised immune system have both had it. Aside from 2 weeks of feeling shit they’re now fine.

Being a regular marathon runner it’s entirely possible your friend/customers sister has mycocardial fatigue from over exerting herself with endurance exercise. Maybe she’s got an underlying as yet in diagnosed heart condition. Her heart issues could be completely unlinked to COVID.

I don’t want anyone to get ill or die. But the fact is some people will. Just as some people will no doubt do themselves in after months of loneliness or losing their job as a result of these measures. Or some people will die of cancer after having their tests and operations cancelled. Life is shit for a lot of people.

As for “let’s see what happens” we all will have to sooner or later unless we plan on living in constant fear of being proximity of others.

Absolutely,and thats exactly why a blanket cover type of fook it and see what happens to us doesnt really work, maybe all your scenarios are correct with the runner but without either of us knowing the true facts id stick with a medical experts opinion that her current condition is solely as a result of contracting the virus.

I'm of a similar mindset regarding seeing folk etc and being totally honest theres plenty of time I along with thousands of other take a calculated risk regarding seeing certain family members, I don't live in constant fear of being in close proximity to others I just don't take risks that don't need taking, like going in a pub or rushing to go to the cinema,gym or even a football ground for that matter,its a risk that I don't currently need to take...
I follow. on 13:42 - Oct 8 with 1819 viewsDaleiLama

I follow. on 13:14 - Oct 8 by Ancoats_Blue

Im sure we all have anecdotes about COVID. A colleague of mine and her partner late 40s both over weight one with a compromised immune system have both had it. Aside from 2 weeks of feeling shit they’re now fine.

Being a regular marathon runner it’s entirely possible your friend/customers sister has mycocardial fatigue from over exerting herself with endurance exercise. Maybe she’s got an underlying as yet in diagnosed heart condition. Her heart issues could be completely unlinked to COVID.

I don’t want anyone to get ill or die. But the fact is some people will. Just as some people will no doubt do themselves in after months of loneliness or losing their job as a result of these measures. Or some people will die of cancer after having their tests and operations cancelled. Life is shit for a lot of people.

As for “let’s see what happens” we all will have to sooner or later unless we plan on living in constant fear of being proximity of others.

I beg to differ Ancoats.

What this government's strategy has been from (a far too late) start to now is to protect the NHS. That is and must be the only thing that informs its strategy.

Letting a virus, with an R rate of 3, run it's course would be, in my opinion, a complete massacre.

From March onwards, when the NHS was almost completely overrun, people largely stopped going to hospital unless it was a life or death situation. NHS front-line staff were shredded physically and emotionally. We saw images in the US, Italy, Spain and France of overwhelmed hospitals dumping body bags in trucks.

In Scotland, the doubling time for the virus is currently 9 days. Ours is probably worse. Letting that run it's course, would mean the rate would rise exponentially (we would soon get to daily doubling) which would swamp and totally overwhelm ventilator and caring capacity, even assuming Nightingale hospitals were de-mothballed. The death rate due to Covid now is based on that capacity being available and improved treatment. All that goes out of the window when the tipping point is passed and capacity is exceeded. That means a lot more unnecessary deaths and the previous death modelling going out of the window along with bodies piling up. This is the stark reality.

America has to some extent shown the next worst case form where we are now (210k deaths and rising). Florida (higher population of older people I accept) has >15k on a population of 21m. Imagine something even worse than that.

Politicians will, without doubt, try to supress the virus within as acceptable means as possible until a vaccine can be found. It is the most humanitarian solution for the majority. No solution will have no "collateral damage" associated with it, but in my view , this has the least.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

I follow. on 14:16 - Oct 8 with 1786 viewsupthedale

I follow. on 10:48 - Oct 8 by Shun

But it's never been about the average person. There's an acknowledgement that if you or I get it we'll have a very good chance of surviving it. The greater concern is who we transmit it to. We could've passed it on to our parents or grandparents before we even show any symptoms. They're far less likely to survive than we are. I come into contact with a large number of vulnerable adults with long-term health conditions every single day.

How many people you're sat feet from in a busy pub in our deprived town (where deprivation has a proven link with poorer health) have a long-term health condition? I'd wager at the vast majority.

Fitzo's point regarding the long-term effects is also pertinent. A close relative of mine (mid-50s, no co-morbidities whatsoever) had it 9 months ago and she still doesn't feel 'normal' yet.

Out of interest, how did they get diagnosed with it being 9 months ago?

Might be a more general question with how long someone's tests would be positive if they'd had covid at any point, and whether testing was quite early in hospitals if that's where she was.
I follow. on 14:46 - Oct 8 with 1747 viewsrochdaleriddler

I follow. on 13:30 - Oct 8 by nordenblue

Absolutely,and thats exactly why a blanket cover type of fook it and see what happens to us doesnt really work, maybe all your scenarios are correct with the runner but without either of us knowing the true facts id stick with a medical experts opinion that her current condition is solely as a result of contracting the virus.

I'm of a similar mindset regarding seeing folk etc and being totally honest theres plenty of time I along with thousands of other take a calculated risk regarding seeing certain family members, I don't live in constant fear of being in close proximity to others I just don't take risks that don't need taking, like going in a pub or rushing to go to the cinema,gym or even a football ground for that matter,its a risk that I don't currently need to take...

At the moment you have a choice whether to go to a pub or restaurant etc, and it’s ok that you don’t want to risk it, But Bolton has just come out of pubs shutting, and cases there are still high, so Businesses should be allowed to operate, because unless everything is shut it shows that it makes little difference. So if they shut pubs, all shops should close as well except for food shops and pharmacies

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

I follow. on 14:49 - Oct 8 with 1739 viewsShun

I follow. on 14:16 - Oct 8 by upthedale

Out of interest, how did they get diagnosed with it being 9 months ago?

Might be a more general question with how long someone's tests would be positive if they'd had covid at any point, and whether testing was quite early in hospitals if that's where she was.

It may not have been 9 months ago, it was whenever the first testing began rolling out. She was the first person I knew of to get tested.
I follow. on 14:58 - Oct 8 with 1720 viewsnordenblue

I follow. on 14:46 - Oct 8 by rochdaleriddler

At the moment you have a choice whether to go to a pub or restaurant etc, and it’s ok that you don’t want to risk it, But Bolton has just come out of pubs shutting, and cases there are still high, so Businesses should be allowed to operate, because unless everything is shut it shows that it makes little difference. So if they shut pubs, all shops should close as well except for food shops and pharmacies

Very true but I'm not sure you're taking any timescales into consideration RR,just because the pubs reopened you cant judge a figure immediately after they open or even close for that matter,wait a couple of weeks and see if the closure/re opening has had any bearing on figures.

It doesnt take much to work out reducing the chance of folk coming into direct contact reduces the risk of infection spreading dramatically, whatever surroundings that may be.

My little girl goes to a primary school were quite honestly there's more chance of social distancing occurring in a rugby scrum, again the numbers occurring in schools has flown off the scale due to this, I think in week 1 something like 20 odd schools with reported cases by week 4 they are now nearer to 400 schools reporting cases, its a massive headache for sure.
I follow. on 15:40 - Oct 8 with 1679 viewsdawlishdale

Back on topic (again!!!)

Is the game being shown in the Ratcliffe on Saturday? Or is it only home games, which seems to make less sense. Or is it not allowed at all?

And now...back off topic.

I've seen a chart saying that 42% of local infections are occurring in schools & college, another 25% in care homes, almost 20% at the workplace, around 6% in hospitals, yet only 3% in bars and restaurants....with the remaining 4% in a variety of places including prisons, mosques and shops.

From my limited experience, it's highly unlikely that you will contract Covid in a pub, especially with the new restrictions being enforced correctly, but I feel quite at risk in the supermarket or in a taxi, where most drivers aren't wearing any sort of face covering.
I follow. on 16:06 - Oct 8 with 1641 viewsrochdaleriddler

I follow. on 15:40 - Oct 8 by dawlishdale

Back on topic (again!!!)

Is the game being shown in the Ratcliffe on Saturday? Or is it only home games, which seems to make less sense. Or is it not allowed at all?

I've seen a chart saying that 42% of local infections are occurring in schools & college, another 25% in care homes, almost 20% at the workplace, around 6% in hospitals, yet only 3% in bars and restaurants....with the remaining 4% in a variety of places including prisons, mosques and shops.

From my limited experience, it's highly unlikely that you will contract Covid in a pub, especially with the new restrictions being enforced correctly, but I feel quite at risk in the supermarket or in a taxi, where most drivers aren't wearing any sort of face covering.

Yup, and pubs and restaurants get visited and threatened with closure if non compliant, yet shops have basically given up, no queueing system, no counting numbers, staff and customers not wearing masks , I’ve seen this in Tesco , aldi, lidl and local sandwich shop in last 3 days

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

I follow. on 16:10 - Oct 8 with 1633 viewsrochdaleriddler

I follow. on 14:58 - Oct 8 by nordenblue

Very true but I'm not sure you're taking any timescales into consideration RR,just because the pubs reopened you cant judge a figure immediately after they open or even close for that matter,wait a couple of weeks and see if the closure/re opening has had any bearing on figures.

It doesnt take much to work out reducing the chance of folk coming into direct contact reduces the risk of infection spreading dramatically, whatever surroundings that may be.

My little girl goes to a primary school were quite honestly there's more chance of social distancing occurring in a rugby scrum, again the numbers occurring in schools has flown off the scale due to this, I think in week 1 something like 20 odd schools with reported cases by week 4 they are now nearer to 400 schools reporting cases, its a massive headache for sure.

Pubs reopened ages ago , without a spike . Schools and colleges are now driving this infection rate, as an aside I’ve just come back from Cornwall, they seem to be taking it much more seriously than us judging by the shops and restaurants I visited.

I follow. on 17:15 - Oct 8 with 1571 viewsNigeriamark

I follow. on 15:40 - Oct 8 by dawlishdale

Back on topic (again!!!)

As you point out the key is following the regulations, whatever the situation or place. If everyone does, then pubs would probably be one of the least safe places as based on the science of the virus it doesn't tick many boxes. However better to be in a pub that follows the rules than another technically safer place that doesn't
I follow. on 17:17 - Oct 8 with 1568 viewsJames1980

Perhaps a lockdown of licensed premises is necessary to prove the spike is not being caused by those visiting said establishments. Of course with measures in place to give some form of financial support.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

I follow. on 17:39 - Oct 8 with 1552 viewsJames1980

U19s game suspended in the 1st half no further info though

I follow. on 18:25 - Oct 8 with 1513 viewsAncoats_Blue

I follow. on 13:30 - Oct 8 by nordenblue

Fair enough. And I hope you don’t think my comments are specifically aimed at you just because I replied! Just a general moan. You don’t make the rules after all. I think I’m just completely fed up of all of this now. As I’m sure most of us are.
I follow. on 19:57 - Oct 8 with 1450 viewsnordenblue

I follow. on 18:25 - Oct 8 by Ancoats_Blue

Fair enough. And I hope you don’t think my comments are specifically aimed at you just because I replied! Just a general moan. You don’t make the rules after all. I think I’m just completely fed up of all of this now. As I’m sure most of us are.

No its fine your replies are always reasoned so no problem at all with that, as for the fed up bit I couldn't agree more, luckily I've never been as busy from a work front due to this bloody virus so can't really moan about that, its just a royal pain how long it's dragged on for really is my biggest problem.
I follow. on 20:45 - Oct 8 with 1400 viewsDorsetDale

I follow. on 13:42 - Oct 8 by DaleiLama

I beg to differ Ancoats.

What this government's strategy has been from (a far too late) start to now is to protect the NHS. That is and must be the only thing that informs its strategy.

Letting a virus, with an R rate of 3, run it's course would be, in my opinion, a complete massacre.

From March onwards, when the NHS was almost completely overrun, people largely stopped going to hospital unless it was a life or death situation. NHS front-line staff were shredded physically and emotionally. We saw images in the US, Italy, Spain and France of overwhelmed hospitals dumping body bags in trucks.

In Scotland, the doubling time for the virus is currently 9 days. Ours is probably worse. Letting that run it's course, would mean the rate would rise exponentially (we would soon get to daily doubling) which would swamp and totally overwhelm ventilator and caring capacity, even assuming Nightingale hospitals were de-mothballed. The death rate due to Covid now is based on that capacity being available and improved treatment. All that goes out of the window when the tipping point is passed and capacity is exceeded. That means a lot more unnecessary deaths and the previous death modelling going out of the window along with bodies piling up. This is the stark reality.

America has to some extent shown the next worst case form where we are now (210k deaths and rising). Florida (higher population of older people I accept) has >15k on a population of 21m. Imagine something even worse than that.

Politicians will, without doubt, try to supress the virus within as acceptable means as possible until a vaccine can be found. It is the most humanitarian solution for the majority. No solution will have no "collateral damage" associated with it, but in my view , this has the least.

Protect the NHS? What from?
When the virus was at it's peak in March/April I was an out patient at my local hospital having cause to visit different departments several times. Due to problems I was having at the time I had 3 biopsies, a CT scan, cameras up/down all orifices and even a visit to the women's mammogram clinic as well as blood tests for all manner of things. Oh, and a cancer screening. Most of these departments were operating on skeleton staff as people were too scared to go to hospital. The place was like a ghost town compared to normal activity.
Covid patients were non existent - I asked.

It stands to reason that if you test more people (twenty fold since lockdown!) you'll get more results. Using a pcr test unfit for purpose that returns false positives at a rate that makes the whole thing useless is simply ridiculous. In order to detect the virus, dna obtained from swabs has to be amplified. Problem being once amplified, any viral dna belonging to any number of corona virus which most of us carry at any time can be detected and assumed to be covid when the likelihood is otherwise.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/an-anonymous-nurse-speaks-out-the-rt-pcr-test-is-t

What's all the focus on R rates and doubling?
Deaths right now are as near as makes any difference flat lining.
The average age of death in this country is 82!
Not withstanding the fact all these deaths are "with" covid not necessarily "of".
Death certificates up and down the land are falsely being labelled covid19

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/490006-death-certificates-covid-19-do-not-trust/

The fear mongering has led to many more deaths from cancelled operations, cancelled cancer and heart treatment etc as well as people not going to hospital with conditions that require consultation because they've been told to "protect the NHS", absolutely sickening!!
Covid19 is currently 24th on the list of causes of death in this country.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12703599/coronavirus-no-longer-10-biggest-killers-

As of today 42,425 have died of/with covid, 638 per million or 0.0006%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-mil

Undoubtedly someone will be thinking that because of my location I've been protected from the "stark reality".
Possibly, but remember this. For three months the South West was flooded with holiday makers from all over the country more than ever before. Camp sites popped up everywhere as hotels etc.. were fully booked.
Guess what, no spike in cases, no one more than usual getting ill despite local BBC news programmes predicting armageddon!

Finally, I tried to find a main stream publication but of course they don't want you to know that thousands of doctors and medical practitioners have signed a petition against lockdown measures.

https://www.truenewshub.com/summit/over-6000-scientists-doctors-sign-anti-lockdo

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

I follow. on 20:59 - Oct 8 with 1370 viewsJames1980

Correct me if I'm wrong but the mortality rate of an illness is based on number of deaths per those infected. Not the number of deaths per head of population?

I follow. on 21:20 - Oct 8 with 1325 views442Dale

The info below comes from the gov.uk website data for the North West, giving a factual overview for how the situation has developed since the start of September.

Daily count of confirmed COVID-19 patients in hospital at midnight the preceding night.

08-10-2020 1,098
07-10-2020 1,030
06-10-2020 996
05-10-2020 889
04-10-2020 816
03-10-2020 725
02-10-2020 676
01-10-2020 662
30-09-2020 660
29-09-2020 612
28-09-2020 604
27-09-2020 544
26-09-2020 542
25-09-2020 514
24-09-2020 483
23-09-2020 439
22-09-2020 417
21-09-2020 393
20-09-2020 355
19-09-2020 335
18-09-2020 312
17-09-2020 309
16-09-2020 287
15-09-2020 269
14-09-2020 253
13-09-2020 193
12-09-2020 196
11-09-2020 180
10-09-2020 174
09-09-2020 173
08-09-2020 166
07-09-2020 164
06-09-2020 139
05-09-2020 133
04-09-2020 130
03-09-2020 124
02-09-2020 112
01-09-2020 117

Daily count of confirmed COVID-19 patients in mechanical ventilation beds.

08-10-2020 117
07-10-2020 115
06-10-2020 108
05-10-2020 104
04-10-2020 95
03-10-2020 91
02-10-2020 93
01-10-2020 89
30-09-2020 91
29-09-2020 82
28-09-2020 74
27-09-2020 68
26-09-2020 77
25-09-2020 69
24-09-2020 60
23-09-2020 56
22-09-2020 46
21-09-2020 40
20-09-2020 39
19-09-2020 33
18-09-2020 34
17-09-2020 32
16-09-2020 29
15-09-2020 25
14-09-2020 23
13-09-2020 18
12-09-2020 19
11-09-2020 16
10-09-2020 13
09-09-2020 14
08-09-2020 16
07-09-2020 15
06-09-2020 12
05-09-2020 13
04-09-2020 16
03-09-2020 16
02-09-2020 17
01-09-2020 17

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

I follow. on 21:36 - Oct 8 with 1305 viewsDaleiLama

I follow. on 20:45 - Oct 8 by DorsetDale

Protect the NHS? What from?
When the virus was at it's peak in March/April I was an out patient at my local hospital having cause to visit different departments several times. Due to problems I was having at the time I had 3 biopsies, a CT scan, cameras up/down all orifices and even a visit to the women's mammogram clinic as well as blood tests for all manner of things. Oh, and a cancer screening. Most of these departments were operating on skeleton staff as people were too scared to go to hospital. The place was like a ghost town compared to normal activity.
Covid patients were non existent - I asked.

It stands to reason that if you test more people (twenty fold since lockdown!) you'll get more results. Using a pcr test unfit for purpose that returns false positives at a rate that makes the whole thing useless is simply ridiculous. In order to detect the virus, dna obtained from swabs has to be amplified. Problem being once amplified, any viral dna belonging to any number of corona virus which most of us carry at any time can be detected and assumed to be covid when the likelihood is otherwise.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/an-anonymous-nurse-speaks-out-the-rt-pcr-test-is-t

What's all the focus on R rates and doubling?
Deaths right now are as near as makes any difference flat lining.
The average age of death in this country is 82!
Not withstanding the fact all these deaths are "with" covid not necessarily "of".
Death certificates up and down the land are falsely being labelled covid19

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/490006-death-certificates-covid-19-do-not-trust/

The fear mongering has led to many more deaths from cancelled operations, cancelled cancer and heart treatment etc as well as people not going to hospital with conditions that require consultation because they've been told to "protect the NHS", absolutely sickening!!
Covid19 is currently 24th on the list of causes of death in this country.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12703599/coronavirus-no-longer-10-biggest-killers-

As of today 42,425 have died of/with covid, 638 per million or 0.0006%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-mil

Undoubtedly someone will be thinking that because of my location I've been protected from the "stark reality".
Possibly, but remember this. For three months the South West was flooded with holiday makers from all over the country more than ever before. Camp sites popped up everywhere as hotels etc.. were fully booked.
Guess what, no spike in cases, no one more than usual getting ill despite local BBC news programmes predicting armageddon!

Finally, I tried to find a main stream publication but of course they don't want you to know that thousands of doctors and medical practitioners have signed a petition against lockdown measures.

https://www.truenewshub.com/summit/over-6000-scientists-doctors-sign-anti-lockdo

From running out of beds, ventilators and staff to treat people with Covid. What else would it need protecting from?

I holidayed in Devon this year. Everywhere was very well organised. Comparing the status quo in Dorset to Greater Manchester though is like comparing chalk and cheese. Or like comparing summer post-lockdown when rates were at a minimum to an autumn where they are rising exponentially you could say?

This may not be happening to you or in Dorset, but it is here and now to folk in the NW. In two weeks the rates have gone from 100 cases/100k to 500 cases. Is this really down to extra testing? Let's see what the scientists, doctors and politicians believe and decide shall we? I think they'll have a very different take to yours.

I'm not going to have a "post as many links as possible to support ones claims" contest, but I did listen to Professor Helen Stokes Lampard, a GP who also chairs the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges. She observed the number of people going into hospital and ICU is very measurable. It isn't out of control yet, but if left unchecked it will become so. Like it was pre-lockdown. Listen yourself if you wish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000n7ph/bbc-news-bbc-news-at-9-08102020

I actually heard her on a different bulletin which is no longer available in which she was much more voluble and cautionary.

She fully supports your contention (and any right-minded person) that the NHS must go on doing what it does so well. The NHS also can't force people to use its services and if all staff are diverted to treating Covid patients, there isn't going to be much of a service for non-Covid patients. Think we'd better agree to disagree about the other stuff. If you don't think death rates are rising and don't think Covid can contribute to people dying but not necessarily be the sole cause of death .........

I follow. on 21:44 - Oct 8 with 1282 viewsDaleiLama

I follow. on 21:20 - Oct 8 by 442Dale

The info below comes from the gov.uk website data for the North West, giving a factual overview for how the situation has developed since the start of September.

Daily count of confirmed COVID-19 patients in hospital at midnight the preceding night.

08-10-2020 1,098
07-10-2020 1,030
06-10-2020 996
05-10-2020 889
04-10-2020 816
03-10-2020 725
02-10-2020 676
01-10-2020 662
30-09-2020 660
29-09-2020 612
28-09-2020 604
27-09-2020 544
26-09-2020 542
25-09-2020 514
24-09-2020 483
23-09-2020 439
22-09-2020 417
21-09-2020 393
20-09-2020 355
19-09-2020 335
18-09-2020 312
17-09-2020 309
16-09-2020 287
15-09-2020 269
14-09-2020 253
13-09-2020 193
12-09-2020 196
11-09-2020 180
10-09-2020 174
09-09-2020 173
08-09-2020 166
07-09-2020 164
06-09-2020 139
05-09-2020 133
04-09-2020 130
03-09-2020 124
02-09-2020 112
01-09-2020 117

08-10-2020 117
07-10-2020 115
06-10-2020 108
05-10-2020 104
04-10-2020 95
03-10-2020 91
02-10-2020 93
01-10-2020 89
30-09-2020 91
29-09-2020 82
28-09-2020 74
27-09-2020 68
26-09-2020 77
25-09-2020 69
24-09-2020 60
23-09-2020 56
22-09-2020 46
21-09-2020 40
20-09-2020 39
19-09-2020 33
18-09-2020 34
17-09-2020 32
16-09-2020 29
15-09-2020 25
14-09-2020 23
13-09-2020 18
12-09-2020 19
11-09-2020 16
10-09-2020 13
09-09-2020 14
08-09-2020 16
07-09-2020 15
06-09-2020 12
05-09-2020 13
04-09-2020 16
03-09-2020 16
02-09-2020 17
01-09-2020 17

Dexamethasone has certainly improved survival rates, as I'm also sure has improved "care and treatment". There are people with intimate knowledge of the current status quo that would be able to forecast from those ICU bed numbers increasing what the predicted increase in fatality numbers to +/- a few % points would be. The numbers are rising. The deaths will rise. These are facts and anyone ignoring them is either in denial or should not be responsible for making decisions regarding the safety of others.

I follow. on 21:53 - Oct 8 with 1272 views442Dale

As the South West has been mentioned, below are the figures for that region. The cheese is most definitely quite some distance from the chalk.

08-10-2020 66
07-10-2020 68
06-10-2020 62
05-10-2020 61
04-10-2020 54
03-10-2020 48
02-10-2020 37
01-10-2020 34
30-09-2020 33
29-09-2020 41
28-09-2020 36
27-09-2020 38
26-09-2020 35
25-09-2020 34
24-09-2020 33
23-09-2020 36
22-09-2020 32
21-09-2020 27
20-09-2020 24
19-09-2020 19
18-09-2020 15
17-09-2020 13
16-09-2020 17
15-09-2020 13
14-09-2020 15
13-09-2020 15
12-09-2020 17
11-09-2020 12
10-09-2020 13
09-09-2020 12
08-09-2020 11
07-09-2020 12
06-09-2020 12
05-09-2020 9
04-09-2020 10
03-09-2020 10
02-09-2020 11
01-09-2020 13

08-10-2020 6
07-10-2020 6
06-10-2020 6
05-10-2020 4
04-10-2020 3
03-10-2020 2
02-10-2020 2
01-10-2020 2
30-09-2020 2
29-09-2020 2
28-09-2020 1
27-09-2020 2
26-09-2020 2
25-09-2020 3
24-09-2020 3
23-09-2020 2
22-09-2020 2
21-09-2020 1
20-09-2020 1
19-09-2020 1
18-09-2020 2
17-09-2020 1
16-09-2020 1
15-09-2020 1
14-09-2020 1
13-09-2020 2
12-09-2020 2
11-09-2020 2
10-09-2020 2
09-09-2020 1
08-09-2020 1
07-09-2020 1
06-09-2020 1
05-09-2020 1
04-09-2020 1
03-09-2020 2
02-09-2020 2
01-09-2020 2

Also, for reference, the following are figures for September from the same source:

Weekly deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate by date registered:

North West
w/e 25-09-2020 60
18-09-2020 39
11-09-2020 30
04-09-2020 13

South West
w/e 25-09-2020 8
18-09-2020 5
11-09-2020 7
04-09-2020 2

I follow. on 22:11 - Oct 8 with 1246 viewsDorsetDale

I follow. on 21:53 - Oct 8 by 442Dale

As the South West has been mentioned, below are the figures for that region. The cheese is most definitely quite some distance from the chalk.

08-10-2020 66
07-10-2020 68
06-10-2020 62
05-10-2020 61
04-10-2020 54
03-10-2020 48
02-10-2020 37
01-10-2020 34
30-09-2020 33
29-09-2020 41
28-09-2020 36
27-09-2020 38
26-09-2020 35
25-09-2020 34
24-09-2020 33
23-09-2020 36
22-09-2020 32
21-09-2020 27
20-09-2020 24
19-09-2020 19
18-09-2020 15
17-09-2020 13
16-09-2020 17
15-09-2020 13
14-09-2020 15
13-09-2020 15
12-09-2020 17
11-09-2020 12
10-09-2020 13
09-09-2020 12
08-09-2020 11
07-09-2020 12
06-09-2020 12
05-09-2020 9
04-09-2020 10
03-09-2020 10
02-09-2020 11
01-09-2020 13

08-10-2020 6
07-10-2020 6
06-10-2020 6
05-10-2020 4
04-10-2020 3
03-10-2020 2
02-10-2020 2
01-10-2020 2
30-09-2020 2
29-09-2020 2
28-09-2020 1
27-09-2020 2
26-09-2020 2
25-09-2020 3
24-09-2020 3
23-09-2020 2
22-09-2020 2
21-09-2020 1
20-09-2020 1
19-09-2020 1
18-09-2020 2
17-09-2020 1
16-09-2020 1
15-09-2020 1
14-09-2020 1
13-09-2020 2
12-09-2020 2
11-09-2020 2
10-09-2020 2
09-09-2020 1
08-09-2020 1
07-09-2020 1
06-09-2020 1
05-09-2020 1
04-09-2020 1
03-09-2020 2
02-09-2020 2
01-09-2020 2

Also, for reference, the following are figures for September from the same source:

Weekly deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate by date registered:

North West
w/e 25-09-2020 60
18-09-2020 39
11-09-2020 30
04-09-2020 13

South West
w/e 25-09-2020 8
18-09-2020 5
11-09-2020 7
04-09-2020 2

Thanks for the info. What do I type in search bar to find that? Tried all sorts and can't get there. Or maybe you have a link?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

I follow. on 22:29 - Oct 8 with 1229 views442Dale

I follow. on 22:11 - Oct 8 by DorsetDale

Thanks for the info. What do I type in search bar to find that? Tried all sorts and can't get there. Or maybe you have a link?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

I follow. on 22:41 - Oct 8 with 1197 views442Dale

Looking at things even more locally, the figures for Rochdale’s daily cases for the last week in August and for the week up to the 6th October are below:

––

Number of people with at least one lab-confirmed positive COVID-19 test result, by specimen date.

31-08-2020 14
30-08-2020 15
29-08-2020 7
28-08-2020 17
27-08-2020 17
26-08-2020 16
25-08-2020 13
Total: 99

06-10-2020 117
05-10-2020 149
04-10-2020 90
03-10-2020 93
02-10-2020 121
01-10-2020 140
30-09-2020 113
Total: 823

In the interests of assessing the differences in areas of the country, the same figures for Dorset for those weeks:

31-08-2020 2
30-08-2020 0
29-08-2020 3
28-08-2020 2
27-08-2020 1
26-08-2020 2
25-08-2020 0
Total: 10

06-10-2020 22
05-10-2020 23
04-10-2020 12
03-10-2020 12
02-10-2020 14
01-10-2020 18
30-09-2020 16
Total: 117
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 22:47]

I follow. on 06:32 - Oct 9 with 1079 viewspioneer

I follow. on 20:59 - Oct 8 by James1980

Correct me if I'm wrong but the mortality rate of an illness is based on number of deaths per those infected. Not the number of deaths per head of population?

Mortality rate is deaths per total population

Case fatality rate is the deaths per population diagnosed with the condition
I follow. on 07:59 - Oct 9 with 1039 viewsnordenblue

I follow. on 06:32 - Oct 9 by pioneer

Mortality rate is deaths per total population

Case fatality rate is the deaths per population diagnosed with the condition

Are they still classing anyone who dies within 28 days of a positive test having then died due to covid,again this is bonkers too as surepy it can literally include ANY kind of cause of death?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024