Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karen Carney Leeds Comments 17:47 - Dec 30 with 2047 viewsBerber

Harsh to castigate Leeds FC club for stating the obvious. Carney's comments regarding Covid break benefiting Leeds is B*llocks, considering all clubs were in the same situation. If pundits make stupid statements, they should expect to get the incoming flak. I am no great lover of Leeds, The 70's success and subsequent arrogance from club and supporters doesn't endear them to anyone outside of Leeds and York. In this case, even the mild denigration from someone paid a fortune to offer informed opinion deserves a comeback IMHO.
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 18:15 - Dec 30 with 2011 viewsSadoldgit

To put her comment into context, she said that Leeds out ran their opponents so the enforced break did them a favour because they could get their energy back. Whether you agree with her view or not, she is paid for her opinion and it is just as valid as anyone else’s opinion. We have played a high intensity game and look very tired at the moment. A two week break and we could well come back firing on all cylinders again.
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 19:11 - Dec 30 with 1960 viewsBerber

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 18:15 - Dec 30 by Sadoldgit

To put her comment into context, she said that Leeds out ran their opponents so the enforced break did them a favour because they could get their energy back. Whether you agree with her view or not, she is paid for her opinion and it is just as valid as anyone else’s opinion. We have played a high intensity game and look very tired at the moment. A two week break and we could well come back firing on all cylinders again.

Entitled to opinions yes, but for anyone to expect an apology for disagreeing is rather sad. But that is the modern media for you.
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 20:25 - Dec 30 with 1899 viewsSadoldgit

To be honest I don’t really know what she has done wrong? It isn’t as if she said that Leeds were crap, or cheats. She just gave a (not unreasonable in my opinion) view on why she thought the break was useful for Leeds. I wonder if Alan Shearer had said the same thing would we even be talking about it?
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 20:28 - Dec 30 with 1894 viewsPatfromPoole

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 20:25 - Dec 30 by Sadoldgit

To be honest I don’t really know what she has done wrong? It isn’t as if she said that Leeds were crap, or cheats. She just gave a (not unreasonable in my opinion) view on why she thought the break was useful for Leeds. I wonder if Alan Shearer had said the same thing would we even be talking about it?

I agree.

I think there is a lot of truth in what she said. It just wasn’t said in the most tactful way.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 20:36 - Dec 30 with 1878 viewsA1079

I tried to work out from the coverage what it is that seems to have upset Leeds so much and when it comes down to it, it is hard to believe that they are that sensitive given their history both on the pitch and off it when it comes to their attitudes and treatment of other people by their fans and some of their previous players and managers/coaches to opposing teams.

As far as I can tell, she has given an opinion and as a club they are quite in their rights to respond to it but there the story should end. Neither the pundit or the recipient is above and beyond comment positive or negative as long as it is not abusive or legally defamatory etc. It was just an opinion which they do not agree with. How many times does any of us disagree with a pundits view?
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 20:42 - Dec 30 with 1861 viewsIngskneeslide

Leeds give it the big ‘un but they’ve shown themselves up as a bunch of snowflakes in this instance. Weird behaviour.
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 22:20 - Dec 30 with 1794 viewshedgeend61

Bit small time of Leeds really to respond to Karen's nonsense, best just to ignore it,
they only won the League by 10 points.

Does she think Covid helped Liverpool win the PL?

Too many games on live these days, too many poor pundits.
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 01:17 - Dec 31 with 1719 viewsDorsetIan

IMO she’s a top pundit. It’s not a mad theory. Leeds put a lot of running in; so they tire at the end of a season, and that’s why they blew up a couple times. They didn’t this time and the break prob helped them.

I’m very sure she knows more about this Leeds team than I do.

Leeds aren’t obliged to agree with her and it is a bit crass to suggest anyone benefits from Covid, but that’s all.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 11:06 - Dec 31 with 1577 viewsarfurdent

basicallly if a male pundolt said that it would be dismissed as froth, but because she does not have many Y chromosomes and has knockers the knives are out

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 11:55 - Dec 31 with 1564 viewsSadoldgit

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 11:06 - Dec 31 by arfurdent

basicallly if a male pundolt said that it would be dismissed as froth, but because she does not have many Y chromosomes and has knockers the knives are out

She seems to have quite a lot of knockers!
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 12:26 - Dec 31 with 1557 viewsDorsetIan

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 11:06 - Dec 31 by arfurdent

‘Knockers’...there’s a blast from the past. Good work.

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 13:13 - Dec 31 with 1528 viewskingolaf

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 22:20 - Dec 30 by hedgeend61

Bit small time of Leeds really to respond to Karen's nonsense, best just to ignore it,
they only won the League by 10 points.

Does she think Covid helped Liverpool win the PL?

Too many games on live these days, too many poor pundits.

The time spent on punditry on Match of the Day really gets on my nerves. I would rather they showed more highlights and spent less time on their boring tactical crap.
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 14:20 - Dec 31 with 1473 viewskingslandstand1

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 20:36 - Dec 30 by A1079

I tried to work out from the coverage what it is that seems to have upset Leeds so much and when it comes down to it, it is hard to believe that they are that sensitive given their history both on the pitch and off it when it comes to their attitudes and treatment of other people by their fans and some of their previous players and managers/coaches to opposing teams.

As far as I can tell, she has given an opinion and as a club they are quite in their rights to respond to it but there the story should end. Neither the pundit or the recipient is above and beyond comment positive or negative as long as it is not abusive or legally defamatory etc. It was just an opinion which they do not agree with. How many times does any of us disagree with a pundits view?

Wasn't the issue not so much with the Leeds response (which they are entitled to give), but with the apparent response and sexist abuse aimed at he being a "female pundit" by their fans which tbh I can't be bothered to find as it will no doubt be a lot of schoolground childish banter. Much the same as you get in almost any predominantly male environment (inc on here at times) and what's wrong with that?

I'm sure if reversed and women were making derogatory remarks about a male pundit on the size of his 6 pack or or lunchbox or whatever it would just be laughed off
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 14:27 - Dec 31 with 1465 viewsChesham_Saint

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 12:26 - Dec 31 by DorsetIan

‘Knockers’...there’s a blast from the past. Good work.

Next you’ll be saying she’s a fan of Bristol City?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 14:30 - Dec 31 with 1463 viewsarfurdent

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 14:27 - Dec 31 by Chesham_Saint

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 16:55 - Dec 31 with 1417 viewsBerber

I know Bristol well and was very familiar with the Bristol City area, so where about would I be able to find Karen's knockers, or have they retreated below the parapet?
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 17:09 - Dec 31 with 1409 viewsDorsetIan

Excellent. It’s the season for a bit of Carry On.

Was hitchhiking in the 80s and the truck driver commented approvingly on the ‘liberty swingers’ of a passing pedestrian in tight T-Shirt. Never heard it before or since.

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 09:22 - Jan 1 with 1323 viewsBerber

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 17:09 - Dec 31 by DorsetIan

Was hitchhiking in the 80s and the truck driver commented approvingly on the ‘liberty swingers’ of a passing pedestrian in tight T-Shirt. Never heard it before or since.

In the late 70s I was working in an industrial area of Wolverhampton. Come springtime, a colleague would spend the lunch breaks wandering around the town centre, T shirt spotting (as he described it). The rest of us went to the pub for 2 pints of mild, f@ggots, chips and mushy peas - every day.
Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 09:25 - Jan 1 with 1317 viewsdwayne_dibley

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 17:09 - Dec 31 by DorsetIan

lest we forget

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 11:26 - Jan 1 with 1275 viewsDorsetIan

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 09:22 - Jan 1 by Berber

In the late 70s I was working in an industrial area of Wolverhampton. Come springtime, a colleague would spend the lunch breaks wandering around the town centre, T shirt spotting (as he described it). The rest of us went to the pub for 2 pints of mild, f@ggots, chips and mushy peas - every day.

That sounds more like breakfast than lunch in Wolverhampton.

Whatever happened to ‚mild‘?

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 10:55 - Jan 2 with 1135 viewsdwayne_dibley

Karen Carney Leeds Comments on 11:26 - Jan 1 by DorsetIan

That sounds more like breakfast than lunch in Wolverhampton.

Whatever happened to ‚mild‘?

European larger, cider and trendy alcopops did for the cheap working class drinks.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024