Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread 18:07 - Jan 19 with 2902 viewsSaintNick

Here we go lets get the cup run going

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:44 - Jan 19 with 1024 viewscocklebreath

Can see the class Armstrong has

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Jan 19 with 1009 viewsBicester_North

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:44 - Jan 19 by cocklebreath

Can see the class Armstrong has

Agree with that, looks a level above everyone since he came on

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:49 - Jan 19 with 1005 viewsSaintsforeverj

What a goal. Bring on the Arsenal on Saturday.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Jan 19 with 984 viewssaint22

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:40 - Jan 19 by A1079

I am not sure I would even put him on the bench.

I often stick up for Stephens but he has been too casual at times tonight. He should be able to manage this game and yet all too often he has inadvertently put us into trouble. If you said to me a year ago that we are missing Vestergaard I would have laughed, but we really are.

Some of our youngsters have worked hard especially Watts (though he is looking tired now).

Stephens is a liability far too casual sold Forster short 3 times
He thinks he is far better tha he is
Vestergaard can’t get back quick enough
God knows what team we play Saturday!
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Jan 19 with 982 viewsSaintsforeverj

Very enjoyable watching the young players tonight. Looks like we have some real prospects. N'Lundulu looks good and Watts has potential?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 21:54]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:55 - Jan 19 with 961 views1teeminants

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Jan 19 by saint22

Watts looks a player

Yes one of our best players out there tonight

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Jan 19 with 934 viewsIngskneeslide

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Jan 19 by saint22

Stephens is a liability far too casual sold Forster short 3 times
He thinks he is far better tha he is
Vestergaard can’t get back quick enough
God knows what team we play Saturday!

Another clean sheet for Stephens tonight. Either he is the luckiest player in the world or you don’t know what you’re talking about
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Jan 19 with 936 viewsA1079

Well, we did the job in the end. The youngsters did not let us down but our decision making and passing in and around the oppositions box both Saturday and tonight was poor. Armstrong brought some much needed experience. Long was poor and Stephens was not great either. Liked the look of Watts and Chauke.

JWP what an engine. Thank God for him.

A win is a win as they say.
Login to get fewer ads

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:02 - Jan 19 with 907 viewsSadoldgit

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 21:57 - Jan 19 by Ingskneeslide

Another clean sheet for Stephens tonight. Either he is the luckiest player in the world or you don’t know what you’re talking about

It wasn’t a clean sheet for Stephens, it was a clean sheet for the team. He is too casual. Valery played like he had been smoking dope before the match.
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Jan 19 with 896 viewscocklebreath

He was poor tonight. Don’t understand Valery, he looks like he had the ability but looks like he can’t be arsed

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Jan 19 with 890 viewsA1079

Well to be fair Ingskneeslide I have not been that complimentary about Stephens tonight.

He hasn't let us down since he came back in the team and I respect his determination and willingness to step in and with him in the team we have had some clean sheets (I do not subscribe to the Stephens bashing and he has been a convenient scapegoat for other failings in the past) and most of our problems recently (in my view) has been at the other end, but Stephens did needlessly put Forster under pressure a few times tonight. But, he got away with it. I guess there is a thin line between good and poor errors of judgement!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 22:06]
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Jan 19 with 866 viewspjt50

Job done. With the side we put out that was a real banana skin. TBH I don't think they ever looked like scoring.

JWP was immense. I don't know how the bloke keeps going with the same energy level match after match.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:25 - Jan 19 with 811 viewsRon11

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Jan 19 by A1079

Well to be fair Ingskneeslide I have not been that complimentary about Stephens tonight.

He hasn't let us down since he came back in the team and I respect his determination and willingness to step in and with him in the team we have had some clean sheets (I do not subscribe to the Stephens bashing and he has been a convenient scapegoat for other failings in the past) and most of our problems recently (in my view) has been at the other end, but Stephens did needlessly put Forster under pressure a few times tonight. But, he got away with it. I guess there is a thin line between good and poor errors of judgement!

He put McCarthy under pressure for Leicester's first goal as well.
He needs to up his workrate and especially his concentration levels.
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:34 - Jan 19 with 793 viewsdirk_doone

Obviously the youngsters did well but a word for the old pros who never let us down tonight:

Forster keeps his impressive record of clean sheets going although he really only had to make one outstanding save tonight.

I remember all the hype around Beckham at the height of his career and Ward-Prowse really deserves that too because he is every bit as good.

Bednarek had a 100% perfect game. He never put a foot wrong.

When Armstong came on he was quite majestic and looked a class above the Shrewsbury players.

OK, we've only beaten a League One team but with our injury-ravaged squad, it was a morale booster to win the game comfortably.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 22:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:35 - Jan 19 with 792 viewsSaintNick

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Jan 19 by A1079

Stephens is a good squad player, he can come in and have a run of games, but he hasn't got the concentration to be a full on 30 or so games a season player.

He hasn't done much wrong since coming back in, but then agaianst leicester he let his man slip him for the first goal and was caught out for the second.

Tonight his passing was awful, its not that he is a bad player, but he doesn't have the application and concentration needed for 90 minutes week after week, I think that when he comes in adrenalin get him through, but you cant do that every week.

I have tried to give a reasonable appraisal here instead of just calling him cr*p, which he indeed isnt, as I say a good squad player

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:44 - Jan 19 with 776 viewsA1079

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:35 - Jan 19 by SaintNick

Stephens is a good squad player, he can come in and have a run of games, but he hasn't got the concentration to be a full on 30 or so games a season player.

He hasn't done much wrong since coming back in, but then agaianst leicester he let his man slip him for the first goal and was caught out for the second.

Tonight his passing was awful, its not that he is a bad player, but he doesn't have the application and concentration needed for 90 minutes week after week, I think that when he comes in adrenalin get him through, but you cant do that every week.

I have tried to give a reasonable appraisal here instead of just calling him cr*p, which he indeed isnt, as I say a good squad player

Don't disagree with that assessment Nick.
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Jan 19 with 743 viewscotswoldsaint

'Damned by faint praise'

Indeed.
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 23:21 - Jan 19 with 730 viewsSaintNick

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Jan 19 by cotswoldsaint

'Damned by faint praise'

Indeed.

My honest appraisal of the player, he has been in the first team squad for four years now , so i think it is a a fair judgement, during all that time he has never put in a sustained period of games, he has played a little over half of the games he could have played .

It's not damming by faint praise its reality, a player that every squad needs, if we were to win the FA Cup and Stephens was to have one of his great games in the final, no one would be more pleased than me

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Jan 20 with 689 viewsRon11

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Jan 19 by 1teeminants

I like the look of Watts

I thought he looked like Mr. Bean.
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 00:27 - Jan 20 with 684 viewsBison

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 00:16 - Jan 20 by Ron11

I thought he looked like Mr. Bean.

Good game and I watched it knowing kids were playing.

They not 1st team yet , they did ok but no way up to speed.

Enjoyed it but soon as Adams and. Armstrong came on you could see how far away they are.

But they won't get better unless they play so good night I thought. Deffo some potential there just need to get street smart

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 06:56 - Jan 20 with 631 viewssaint22

He can only get away with playing without concentrating for so long, it looks like Ralph’s man management isn’t working in him
As you say a squad player which is why the Salisu mess is even more galling
Let’s just hope we don’t suffer from unforced errors before Jannik returns
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 06:57 - Jan 20 with 630 viewssaint22

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Jan 19 by cocklebreath

He was poor tonight. Don’t understand Valery, he looks like he had the ability but looks like he can’t be arsed

Yep no clue what’s happened to him
Two seasons back looked to have hell of a future now he keeps belting passes to no one and looking lost
Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 13:17 - Jan 20 with 557 viewsBicester_North

Shrewsbury Game Matchday Thread on 06:56 - Jan 20 by saint22

He can only get away with playing without concentrating for so long, it looks like Ralph’s man management isn’t working in him
As you say a squad player which is why the Salisu mess is even more galling
Let’s just hope we don’t suffer from unforced errors before Jannik returns

I suppose we have to think it’s a Windsor half marathon, not a sprint

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024