Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Project Management Courses 21:06 - Jan 30 with 1642 viewsJaySaint

Thinking of getting one of these done, to enhance my portfolio etc.

Now, I have been involved in delivering projects and PM was part of my Management degree, but no dedicated/formal PM quals held.

I have looked at APM..but anyone else know a good, but not ridiculously hard course to attempt?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Project Management Courses on 15:34 - Jan 31 with 1526 viewsdjsaint

APM is a great qualification, did it myself around 8yrs ago, if i remember correctly you had to get over 50% in exam to pass so not too high, but you really did have to answer all the questions to give yourself a chance (10 questions from about 15 i think) and i remember having no spare time at all at the end, achieved about 65% i think!
A colleague of mine only answered 8 and failed dismally!

Prince2 is also another but as i understand its more for the public sector.
Project Management Courses on 16:49 - Jan 31 with 1494 viewsSalisburySaint

Project Management Courses on 15:34 - Jan 31 by djsaint

APM is a great qualification, did it myself around 8yrs ago, if i remember correctly you had to get over 50% in exam to pass so not too high, but you really did have to answer all the questions to give yourself a chance (10 questions from about 15 i think) and i remember having no spare time at all at the end, achieved about 65% i think!
A colleague of mine only answered 8 and failed dismally!

Prince2 is also another but as i understand its more for the public sector.

I did a three day ACM fundamental course two years ago which was ok, but I’m sure the pass Mark was much higher than 50%
Project Management Courses on 17:49 - Jan 31 with 1462 viewskernow

The Learning People PM course is very comprehensive, long and expensive. Easy to lose the will to live.

Thoroughly recommended.
Project Management Courses on 19:46 - Jan 31 with 1417 viewsBerber

My daughter did the APM. 4 years ago she was a successful, highly paid aeronautics engineer, but bored silly with the industry, so decided to go into PM. She did the APM in a year whilst working and a year later got a job with Capita in their PMO at a reduced salary as a contractor. A year later she was offered the post as an employee, with improved salary. A year later, she has just joined PWC in a senior role on MOD projects on a better deal than the aeronautics job. Clearly no issues with the APM qualification.

She chose APM because it was a more flexible approach for her, and is well respected. and does not require 2 yearly top ups as per Prince. The MOD normally insist on Prince 2 for their employees, but have no problem with her APM PMQ as a contract project lead.
Project Management Courses on 08:28 - Feb 1 with 1345 viewssolent_toffee

I’m doing the ILM through work. It’s an eighteen month course, more or less, and is a pain in the arse.

I wish I hadn’t agreed to do it to be honest.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 8:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024