Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Vaccine 09:54 - Feb 6 with 1261 viewssolent_toffee

I had mine yesterday in Southampton. I have to say it was an incredibly easy process, so well organised with loads of great volunteers and staff. I was talking to a nurse there and they are doing thousands of them a week. Second one booked in for the end of March, again seamless process completed whilst I was in the waiting room ready to go home.

It’s given me great hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully come spring things can go back to normal.
The Vaccine on 12:43 - Feb 6 with 1149 viewsthissceptredsaint

You may have got yours from my missus Solent.

As for the vaccine...it depends if 2nd doses are issued in time as to whether I see any light and that the government bites the bullet and keeps somekind of lock down until these mutations are dealt witth.

They wont and they are trying to normalise the blood on their hands. Making us accept the needless killing of so many of our fellow citizens as just one of those things.

They made a mistake with me and it took my son ringing them up and rowing with them as I should have had a letter 2 weeks earlier, got mine now. What is worrying though is not the excellent volunteers and nhs staff that some on here were denigrating not so long ago, its my fellow pensioners who turn up half and hour early form massive queues thinking its first come first served no matter what time their appointment is, not just the youngsters acting up sometimes
The Vaccine on 13:07 - Feb 6 with 1127 viewsBazza

The Vaccine on 12:43 - Feb 6 by thissceptredsaint

As for the vaccine...it depends if 2nd doses are issued in time as to whether I see any light and that the government bites the bullet and keeps somekind of lock down until these mutations are dealt witth.

They wont and they are trying to normalise the blood on their hands. Making us accept the needless killing of so many of our fellow citizens as just one of those things.

They made a mistake with me and it took my son ringing them up and rowing with them as I should have had a letter 2 weeks earlier, got mine now. What is worrying though is not the excellent volunteers and nhs staff that some on here were denigrating not so long ago, its my fellow pensioners who turn up half and hour early form massive queues thinking its first come first served no matter what time their appointment is, not just the youngsters acting up sometimes

Blind anti Tory drivel from barking loser
The Vaccine on 13:30 - Feb 6 with 1104 viewssolent_toffee

The Vaccine on 12:43 - Feb 6 by thissceptredsaint

I got mine done at Oakley Road, hats off to your wife and colleagues though, they are clearly working long hours but are knocking it out of the park. So well organised as well.

Thankfully there wasn’t a load of people turning up early either, this was at half five last night. Everyone seemed to be really patient and in good spirits. One thing we Brits excel at is queuing.
The Vaccine on 17:20 - Feb 8 with 887 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yes, it's excellent. Someone in family had the jab at the Southampton centre. Car park martials, directed to a pod for vaccination, a waiting area after the jab to be monitored by nurses in case of allergic reaction, all socially distanced. Easily booked online. I had a test that gave me results back the next day. All excellent stuff. The 12 week wait was also apparently the right call, so hopefully better times ahead but it will probably be a new normal.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 17:21]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The Vaccine on 12:06 - Feb 12 with 606 viewsBerber

I am getting my first vaccination this afternoon, and today got the email from the club with the option to roll over my ST balance for next season, which I have done. The sun is shining, and the world is looking a better place. I don't want to wish the summer away, but hell, I am so keen for next season to get started.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024