Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who as at fault for our recent poor form? 14:09 - Feb 14 with 912 viewsElijahK

Who as at fault for our recent poor form?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 14:40 - Feb 14 with 844 viewsI_would

Ralph and Ralph

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:08 - Feb 14 with 800 viewsHeisenberg

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 14:40 - Feb 14 by I_would

Ralph and Ralph

Unlike your personality there is only one.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:09 - Feb 14 with 797 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph and Ralph

And when Hughes was our manager, it was Hughes and Hughes at fault. Then it was Pellegrino and Pellegrino. Before that Puel. All of our of managers not up to it? The problem in terms of having more success is higher up. You have to.invest in quality players to get success. If we can't, ok but every season will be the same.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:10 - Feb 14 with 795 views1885_SFC

Ralph and Ralph

Not JWP?

I am surprised...

Old School is Cool

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:23 - Feb 14 with 772 viewsI_would

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:10 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

Not JWP?

I am surprised...

The boy is only captain as long as Ralph is in charge. He has his favourites like McCarthy, JWP, Redmond, used to be Longy. Ralph's sub today surprised even me.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:24 - Feb 14 with 772 viewsRon11

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:09 - Feb 14 by Saintsforeverj

And when Hughes was our manager, it was Hughes and Hughes at fault. Then it was Pellegrino and Pellegrino. Before that Puel. All of our of managers not up to it? The problem in terms of having more success is higher up. You have to.invest in quality players to get success. If we can't, ok but every season will be the same.

Invest in quality players to get success?
So we have Danny Ings, who just scored a contender for the goal of the season, amongst others.
We have one of the best dead ball finishers in the world in Ward Prowse.
We also have other top class players in Stuart Armstrong, Oriel Romeu, Bednarek, Bertrand, Walker Peters, Diallo, Redmond (unlucky not to score today), Vestergaard (who has improved massively this season but looked not match fit yet today).
They were in total control of the game in the first half, cruising.
And yet they get a very dodgy penalty against them and go to pieces with no direction from the manager. Then the panic substitutions start, followed by even more confusion after he takes Armstrong off.
And I'm sure Forster would have saved that second goal - but Ralph chose to use McCarthy again. No wonder Ings looked totally pissed off.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:32]
Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:24 - Feb 14 with 772 viewspjt50

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:09 - Feb 14 by Saintsforeverj

Not sure why you include Puel, but the other two had weaker squads than we've got now. We've got good enough players to have done better than this — regardless of injuries & some iffy decisions - so Ralph has to carry the can. Doesn't mean that he's not doing a good job overall or that we should dream of replacing him.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:32 - Feb 14 with 750 viewsKennington

Problem we have is the pressing game only works of you’ve got a better level of players than we have. This is why we lose from so many points from winning positions, as the team tires and makes error after error inevitably occurs. Ralph is responsible for choosing this style of play, which isn’t really working and although players should take some of the blame losing 6 in a row and one by 9-nil, questions need to be asked. Not saying by any means Ralph should be sacked as he has enough credit in the bank for a few more dodgy results, but results will have to change soon.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:37 - Feb 14 with 733 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:24 - Feb 14 by Ron11

Invest in quality players to get success?
So we have Danny Ings, who just scored a contender for the goal of the season, amongst others.
We have one of the best dead ball finishers in the world in Ward Prowse.
We also have other top class players in Stuart Armstrong, Oriel Romeu, Bednarek, Bertrand, Walker Peters, Diallo, Redmond (unlucky not to score today), Vestergaard (who has improved massively this season but looked not match fit yet today).
They were in total control of the game in the first half, cruising.
And yet they get a very dodgy penalty against them and go to pieces with no direction from the manager. Then the panic substitutions start, followed by even more confusion after he takes Armstrong off.
And I'm sure Forster would have saved that second goal - but Ralph chose to use McCarthy again. No wonder Ings looked totally pissed off.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:32]

Ralph has improved all of the players you mention. Ward-Prowse wasn't even in the team before Ralph. Yes he should have dropped Mccarthy, I agree. But we are missing what the real problem is. I bet if we changed the manager, we would get the same result as we have done for the last 10 years. And that's many relegation battles, no trophies, the odd good season and continued disappointment.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:40]

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:41 - Feb 14 with 714 viewsDorsetIan

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:32 - Feb 14 by Kennington

Problem we have is the pressing game only works of you’ve got a better level of players than we have. This is why we lose from so many points from winning positions, as the team tires and makes error after error inevitably occurs. Ralph is responsible for choosing this style of play, which isn’t really working and although players should take some of the blame losing 6 in a row and one by 9-nil, questions need to be asked. Not saying by any means Ralph should be sacked as he has enough credit in the bank for a few more dodgy results, but results will have to change soon.

Maybe it is our style of play that causes us to tire too easily.

But if that's true then we would have to revert to a more Puel approach, because we simply don't have the players to step in when the first team tires.

But Ralph won't/can't play like that. And would we want it? - this team and this manager have given us more exciting wins than the previous 3 put together.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:42 - Feb 14 with 706 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:24 - Feb 14 by pjt50

Not sure why you include Puel, but the other two had weaker squads than we've got now. We've got good enough players to have done better than this — regardless of injuries & some iffy decisions - so Ralph has to carry the can. Doesn't mean that he's not doing a good job overall or that we should dream of replacing him.

Hughes had Ings, Ward-Prowse, Bednerak, Ves, Redmond, Bertrand, Romeu, Long, Hodjberg and got no where.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:44]

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:49 - Feb 14 with 674 viewspjt50

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:42 - Feb 14 by Saintsforeverj

Hughes had Ings, Ward-Prowse, Bednerak, Ves, Redmond, Bertrand, Romeu, Long, Hodjberg and got no where.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:44]

Hughes had Ings when he was struggling to find his fitness & touch. Where would Ralph & Saints be without a firing Ings?

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:51 - Feb 14 with 667 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:49 - Feb 14 by pjt50

Hughes had Ings when he was struggling to find his fitness & touch. Where would Ralph & Saints be without a firing Ings?

Ralph came in and Ings got fitter, sharper and better. So did Ward-Prowse, Ves, Bednerac etc. Just a coincidence? Hughes got sacked, Pellegrino got sacked and now you think another manager with the lowest net spend in the league would do much better? Our highest ever position was 6th and that was when we had Mane and VD. Other than that we have had about 10 managers in 10 years and most were sacked.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:53]

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:57 - Feb 14 with 649 viewspjt50

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:51 - Feb 14 by Saintsforeverj

Ralph came in and Ings got fitter, sharper and better. So did Ward-Prowse, Ves, Bednerac etc. Just a coincidence? Hughes got sacked, Pellegrino got sacked and now you think another manager with the lowest net spend in the league would do much better? Our highest ever position was 6th and that was when we had Mane and VD. Other than that we have had about 10 managers in 10 years and most were sacked.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 15:53]

No I don't (see my original post). But at the end of the day, if you give a manager the tools, the buck stops there. I still think Ralph is a great match for Saints.

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 16:03 - Feb 14 with 628 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 15:57 - Feb 14 by pjt50

No I don't (see my original post). But at the end of the day, if you give a manager the tools, the buck stops there. I still think Ralph is a great match for Saints.

The problem is and always has been, that we don't match the investment levels of "any" team in the PL. It won't make any difference who the manager is. We just hope to have one who can perform miracles and make poor players into good ones. Ralph is making some mistakes but they all do, as they despair of just not having the resources needed.

Who as at fault for our recent poor form? on 13:03 - Feb 15 with 349 viewsSadoldgit

No mention of the horrendous injury list? That has got nothing to do with the poor run?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024