Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays Games 10:32 - Mar 7 with 1229 viewsSaintNick

Few games we could have an interest in today.

West Brom V Newcastle - Home win for me , keep the Toon way behind us.

Liverpool V Fulham - Home win again, to keep Fulham way behind us

Man Utd Man City- Don't care either way

Tottenham v Palace - difficult one a draw would perhaps be best, a Spurs win would see them uncatchable by us, but that will be hard anyway

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Todays Games on 10:42 - Mar 7 with 1214 viewsBicester_North

Would rather Man City won than Man U, don’t want Saints to be playing a wounded Man City

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Todays Games on 10:52 - Mar 7 with 1190 viewskingslandstand1

Todays Games on 10:42 - Mar 7 by Bicester_North

Would rather Man City won than Man U, don’t want Saints to be playing a wounded Man City

Absolutely, and I think they will. You never know, they may start getting a bit complacent by Wednesday ................ somehow don't think Pep will let that happen, but we'll see
Todays Games on 11:28 - Mar 7 with 1153 viewsCenturion

Agree totally with Nick.

Think WBA win which drags Newcastle closer to the scrap.

Of course for once a win by Pool over Fulham!
Todays Games on 14:53 - Mar 7 with 1068 viewsdirk_doone

Scott Parker is building a very good side at Fulham. All they need is a goal scorer and I can see them competing for a Europa League place next season. Harrison Reed is superb in that defensive midfield role.

Having said that, I still hope Liverpool can find a way to beat them. Brighton will probably fill the 3rd relegation place but it would be good not to have to look over our shoulders any more so the team can play with a bit more freedom and confidence.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 14:59]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Todays Games on 15:56 - Mar 7 with 1016 viewscocklebreath

Well done Fulham, love it. Poor old Klopp

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Todays Games on 16:01 - Mar 7 with 1002 viewskingslandstand1

Todays Games on 15:56 - Mar 7 by cocklebreath

Well done Fulham, love it. Poor old Klopp

And Lemina the scorer
Todays Games on 16:13 - Mar 7 with 967 viewsdirk_doone

When you look at this table, that result went very much to form:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1

It looks like this could be one of those rare seasons when it's going to take 40 points to stay up. Fulham are far too good to go down so it's probably going to be Brighton who'll be the unlucky ones.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 16:15]

Todays Games on 16:21 - Mar 7 with 957 viewscocklebreath

Todays Games on 16:13 - Mar 7 by dirk_doone

When you look at this table, that result went very much to form:

It looks like this could be one of those rare seasons when it's going to take 40 points to stay up. Fulham are far too good to go down so it's probably going to be Brighton who'll be the unlucky ones.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 16:15]

Newcastle hopefully, if we hadn’t been so terrible against 9 men they’d be bottom 3 now

Login to get fewer ads

Todays Games on 16:23 - Mar 7 with 951 viewssaint22

Todays Games on 16:21 - Mar 7 by cocklebreath

Newcastle hopefully, if we hadn’t been so terrible against 9 men they’d be bottom 3 now

Agreed I really hope that doesn’t come back to haunt us
One things for sure we have to win against Brighton
Todays Games on 16:27 - Mar 7 with 943 viewscocklebreath

Todays Games on 16:23 - Mar 7 by saint22

A draw will be fine

Todays Games on 16:51 - Mar 7 with 900 viewsIngskneeslide

Todays Games on 16:23 - Mar 7 by saint22

Stop being so shît scared of everything, we are virtually safe. Turn your attention to moaning about us progressing in the FA cup instead
Todays Games on 17:27 - Mar 7 with 862 views1885_SFC

Even though we were thumped 9-0 at Old Trafford - the Newcastle away game will, for me, be the most disappointing game of this season. We were absolutely shocking in that game - despite scoring two excellent goals. It was our mentality & lack of any real creativity when they were down to nine men that was just sooo disappointing.

I still wonder, to this day, how we failed to get a point from that game - let alone all three.

Old School is Cool

Todays Games on 17:30 - Mar 7 with 841 viewscocklebreath

Todays Games on 17:27 - Mar 7 by 1885_SFC

Even though we were thumped 9-0 at Old Trafford - the Newcastle away game will, for me, be the most disappointing game of this season. We were absolutely shocking in that game - despite scoring two excellent goals. It was our mentality & lack of any real creativity when they were down to nine men that was just sooo disappointing.

I still wonder, to this day, how we failed to get a point from that game - let alone all three.

Agreed, we had 1 proper chance against 10 men when Ings hit the post, if that had gone in I’m sure we would have won

Todays Games on 17:54 - Mar 7 with 805 viewsBicester_North

Todays Games on 10:52 - Mar 7 by kingslandstand1

Absolutely, and I think they will. You never know, they may start getting a bit complacent by Wednesday ................ somehow don't think Pep will let that happen, but we'll see

Looks like we’ll be playing them fully fired up

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Todays Games on 08:36 - Mar 8 with 660 viewsdirk_doone

Based on current form, Fulham will overtake us before the end of the season but neither Newcastle nor Brighton will. Of course, form can change, Our only 2 wins in the league this year were against the bottom 2 teams in the form table. We also played the other 2 teams in the bottom 5 but they beat us:

[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 9:14]

Todays Games on 13:50 - Mar 8 with 567 viewsDorsetIan

Todays Games on 08:36 - Mar 8 by dirk_doone

Based on current form, Fulham will overtake us before the end of the season but neither Newcastle nor Brighton will. Of course, form can change, Our only 2 wins in the league this year were against the bottom 2 teams in the form table. We also played the other 2 teams in the bottom 5 but they beat us:

Not sure our 'form' is going to tell us much about the future given that imo we are completely different with or without KWP.

With him playing, not only do we add an excellent player to the mix but the defence isn't operating with a ginormous hole in it. All attempts to a patch up a replacement for him ended in complete failure.

Tella too looks like he will be a big improvement on other so-called 'attacking' options.

I don't see why we can't hope to average a point a game from here to the end of the season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Todays Games on 14:11 - Mar 8 with 556 viewsTimSaint

Todays Games on 08:36 - Mar 8 by dirk_doone

We beat Liverpool 10 league games and just over 2 months ago - when they were top of the league and they certainly were not in the bottom 2 of the form table back then.

TimSaint

Todays Games on 14:23 - Mar 8 with 544 viewsTimSaint

Todays Games on 14:53 - Mar 7 by dirk_doone

Scott Parker is building a very good side at Fulham. All they need is a goal scorer and I can see them competing for a Europa League place next season. Harrison Reed is superb in that defensive midfield role.

Having said that, I still hope Liverpool can find a way to beat them. Brighton will probably fill the 3rd relegation place but it would be good not to have to look over our shoulders any more so the team can play with a bit more freedom and confidence.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 14:59]

Fulham to qualify for a Europa place next season ?

If you look at their team selections for the past 2 games, you will see that they started with SEVEN loan players against Spurs and SIX against Liverpool - with another coming on as a sub.

For starters they should not be allowed to have, let alone field, that many loan players.

Realistically they will probably sign a maximum of 3 or 4 of those players on a permanent basis, meaning that next season, they won't be the same team anyway.

Didn't Derby have a similar problem one year ? Had loads of loan players, got promoted to the Prem, had to let all the loans return, then couldn't sign decent replacements and ended up with one of the worst points tallies ever - 11 perhaps ? :-)

TimSaint

Today's Games on 14:53 - Mar 8 with 529 viewsdirk_doone

Todays Games on 13:50 - Mar 8 by DorsetIan

Not sure our 'form' is going to tell us much about the future given that imo we are completely different with or without KWP.

With him playing, not only do we add an excellent player to the mix but the defence isn't operating with a ginormous hole in it. All attempts to a patch up a replacement for him ended in complete failure.

Tella too looks like he will be a big improvement on other so-called 'attacking' options.

I don't see why we can't hope to average a point a game from here to the end of the season.

Very good point. In fact, this season whenever the first 2 names in our starting XI have been Forster and Walker-Peters, we have always won. So, our form with those 2 playing is 100% perfect and would probably place us top of the league:

Sheff, Utd 2-0
Wolves FAC 2-0
Arsenal FAC 1-0
Liverpool 1-0

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024