Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If 23:32 - May 19 with 688 viewsdirk_doone

Inspired by Tim Parks' classic football fans' book, A Season with Verona, if you could spend one season watching a foreign team, home and away, which team would you choose?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-gentleman-ultra/2020/oct/02/a-season-wi

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

If on 23:56 - May 19 with 672 viewsDorsetIan

My brother's a big St Pauli fan. Dragged me out to Hamburg to watch a game. A season watching them could be fun.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

If on 07:41 - May 20 with 604 viewsBerber

Udinese. I have been a couple of times whilst in Northern Italy. My uncle (21) was a spitfire pilot and was shot down over Venice, and crashed near Trieste returning to base, but his remains were moved to the Udine war cemetery. It is a small (and as always, beautifully maintained) cemetery, difficult to find and get to, but both times there have been other Brits there, visiting the graves of relatives.

The club approach for a couple of decades has been to find young talent, bring the players on in their development then sell to the bigger, richer clubs. Sound familiar?

The town is lovely, and friendly. But I am very tempted by Verona too.
If on 08:46 - May 20 with 570 viewsBicester_North

Ajax for me, always had an interest in Dutch football after going to a match there years ago, good country and good atsmospheres

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

If on 09:12 - May 20 with 555 viewsMytchettSaint

At a quick glance of that article it sounds like another book - the miracle of castel di sangro. Well worth a read if you haven’t already.
I’ll give this Verona one a go as I’d not come across it before.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

If on 10:33 - May 20 with 521 viewsSalisburySaint

If on 09:12 - May 20 by MytchettSaint

At a quick glance of that article it sounds like another book - the miracle of castel di sangro. Well worth a read if you haven’t already.
I’ll give this Verona one a go as I’d not come across it before.

Verona book is excellent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024