Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports 17:05 - Dec 4 with 1156 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports 4th Dec 2021 17:01
If you saw the match, please give us your player ratings and a mini match report. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports on 17:18 - Dec 4 with 1118 viewswibbersda

How many times do we have to throw away games, its beyond depressing. Ref was shite as well.
Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports on 20:09 - Dec 4 with 948 viewsTripleNiemi

Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports on 17:18 - Dec 4 by wibbersda

How many times do we have to throw away games, its beyond depressing. Ref was shite as well.

Just seen a stat which suggests Saints have not won a PL game (without Stuart Armstrong featuring) for two years. That is blöody bonkers.......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports on 21:03 - Dec 4 with 896 viewsBicester_North

Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports on 20:09 - Dec 4 by TripleNiemi

Just seen a stat which suggests Saints have not won a PL game (without Stuart Armstrong featuring) for two years. That is blöody bonkers.......

Saints are a very weird club with some weird stats.

The main problem is our pathetic inability to win many home games and hold onto leads, basically since Koeman left. It’s a cycle of death which I think can only be overturned with another new manager, a new goalkeeper and a new captain.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 21:04]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports on 21:35 - Dec 4 with 863 viewsSadoldgit

Overall we haven’t played badly this season. Our big problem is that we have lost Ings goals.
Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports on 21:41 - Dec 4 with 857 viewsBicester_North

Not really. Between them Adams, Broja and Armstrong have scored nearly as many PL goals as Ings scored all last season.
The problems are a sub standard keeper, defensive errors and players regressing such as JWP. And an inability to step up in the second half of matches letting the opposition get the upper hand.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports on 22:33 - Dec 4 with 828 viewsSadoldgit

I probably should have clarified the point then. We miss Ings goals when he was on top form. If we put away a higher % of chances we usually make in the first halves this season we would have a lot more points now. Unless you have a completely watertight defence one goal is never enough to guarantee you the points in the majority of games.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 22:37]
Southampton 1 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion - Player Ratings and Reports on 09:13 - Dec 6 with 637 viewssaint901

First I have to say that the Brighton player who got injured (dislocation/break?) did so because of the ref. Every time a Brighton player went down or into a 50/50, it was their kick or throw. Their player knows this, throws himself down and gets it wrong. I thought the officiating at the match was dreadful.

Second, the blaming of JWP for their goal is pathetic. AM tells him he can't cover the left hand post and so JWP drops back at the last moment to do that. What was he supposed to do? Leave an injured keeper to be lobbed?

Third, RH has to be blamed for either knowing AM was injured and doing nothing, or not knowing. It's impossible that he did not know. If he really didn't then what does that tell you about his relationship with the players?

Lastly, we're a 75 minute team. After that the players get nervous and their positional play starts to unravel. For me this starts with Salisu. Getting booked for throwing the ball away - really? And that sparked a meltdown in him and his game went to pot. I know we were down to a last sub by then but I would have put even a half fit Stephens on. If Salisu can't keep his head together, he doesn't deserve to be there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024