Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overload 21:14 - Apr 27 with 1293 viewsSaintNick

This seems to be the new buzzword for tv football commentators ,

IE Liverpool have an overload - meaning they have a few players pouring forward

its getting on my nerves already and i only heard it used for the first time last night.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Overload on 22:37 - Apr 27 with 1234 views1885_SFC

Damn. Should pay more attention. Clicked on this thread expecting a debate about the Normandy Landings...

Old School is Cool

Overload on 23:16 - Apr 27 with 1201 viewsChesham_Saint

Liverpool had an overload? I hope it didn’t ruin another “special night” at Anfield…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Overload on 08:13 - Apr 28 with 1094 viewsA1079

As much as I dislike Liverpool with a passion and can't stand their club or their fans I have to concede (extremely reluctantly), that they seem almost unbeatable. There is not an area of their game that they do not have strength in numbers and as Nick points out, we lack leaders at times especially at the back, they have leaders all over the pitch.

It is difficult to see how the majority of clubs in the PL can ever really compete unless you get the sort of investment that Newcastle are now getting that may give you a glimmer of a chance.

I sincerely keep hoping Liverpool will come a cropper at some point, but I can't see it anytime soon.
Overload on 09:12 - Apr 28 with 1064 viewsSonicBoom

Last night the BBC commentator on the radio said that it was "special European night at Anfield blah blah blah" then he actually said...
" These nights never ever ever fail to disappoint".

Er right...
Overload on 09:48 - Apr 28 with 1043 viewssaint901

That was the first Liverpool win at Anfield in this competition in what, three years?
Overload on 11:33 - Apr 28 with 995 viewsA1079

Overload on 09:12 - Apr 28 by SonicBoom

Last night the BBC commentator on the radio said that it was "special European night at Anfield blah blah blah" then he actually said...
" These nights never ever ever fail to disappoint".

Er right...

I heard that on the radio as well Sonic.

The commentary was bucket puking at times in their salivation over the atmosphere at Anfield.

In my experience, most European games are as dull as dishwater. The Man City Vs Real one was excellent and unique but last nights did not match it at all - though I didn't expect it to. Liverpool have actually had good and favourable draws throughout the competition
Overload on 11:37 - Apr 28 with 993 viewsdwayne_dibley

Overload on 11:33 - Apr 28 by A1079

I heard that on the radio as well Sonic.

The commentary was bucket puking at times in their salivation over the atmosphere at Anfield.

In my experience, most European games are as dull as dishwater. The Man City Vs Real one was excellent and unique but last nights did not match it at all - though I didn't expect it to. Liverpool have actually had good and favourable draws throughout the competition

wonder how much that cost?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Overload on 12:48 - Apr 28 with 956 viewsdarthvader

Overload on 22:37 - Apr 27 by 1885_SFC

Damn. Should pay more attention. Clicked on this thread expecting a debate about the Normandy Landings...

I thought that was Overlord ?

keep the faith coyr

Login to get fewer ads

Overload on 13:44 - Apr 28 with 919 viewsChesham_Saint

Overload on 12:48 - Apr 28 by darthvader

I thought that was Overlord ?

Initially I though it was about Skate 130’s (lack of) brain….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Overload on 14:36 - Apr 28 with 894 viewsSaintNick

Overload on 09:48 - Apr 28 by saint901

That was the first Liverpool win at Anfield in this competition in what, three years?

Not sure where you heard that, they beat AC Milan, Athletico Madrid & Porto at home in the earlier stages of the Champions league this season

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Overload on 15:59 - Apr 28 with 873 viewssaint901

Overload on 14:36 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

Not sure where you heard that, they beat AC Milan, Athletico Madrid & Porto at home in the earlier stages of the Champions league this season

I think the stat may have been in relation to knock out European matches?
Overload on 17:13 - Apr 28 with 844 viewsSadoldgit

I’ve heard the word used quite a few times this season in terms of moving the ball and players around to outnumber defenders. It’s all to do with the high press etc.
Overload on 22:30 - Apr 28 with 779 viewsdarthvader

Overload on 17:13 - Apr 28 by Sadoldgit

I’ve heard the word used quite a few times this season in terms of moving the ball and players around to outnumber defenders. It’s all to do with the high press etc.

Rembering the times when we were one of the best at that

keep the faith coyr

Overload on 10:54 - Apr 29 with 707 viewsSadoldgit

Overload on 22:30 - Apr 28 by darthvader

Rembering the times when we were one of the best at that

Indeed! When it worked it was a joy to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024