Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eastleigh v Saints 09:11 - Jul 26 with 1997 viewssolent_toffee

Anyone going?

I’m going with my mate and his son, completely unchallenged obviously.

Looking forward to being back in a football stadium without everyone being on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I must admit.

Assume Saints will be playing the reserves/academy players?
Eastleigh v Saints on 09:16 - Jul 26 with 1977 viewsdwayne_dibley

got more of a chance if they do

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Eastleigh v Saints on 10:25 - Jul 26 with 1903 viewsSaintNick

It is a B team game, so mainly the academy but maybe a few squad players who might get a game

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Eastleigh v Saints on 10:37 - Jul 26 with 1881 viewssaints__fan__73

Eastleigh v Saints on 10:25 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

It is a B team game, so mainly the academy but maybe a few squad players who might get a game

Isn't the Academy and First team the same set of players now?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Eastleigh v Saints on 23:56 - Jul 26 with 1661 viewsSaintsforeverj

Went to the game. It was a cracking game actually and full credit to Eastleigh fighting back to 2 2. Sending off and quite a few shots against the woodwork, including a Saints free kick that hit the bar. Spent some time in the newly renovated bar / club house there, really decent place, where Eastleigh players mingled after the game and saw the final ten minutes of the England game. Don't go to Eastleigh very much, but it was a decent night there.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 23:59]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Eastleigh v Saints on 00:26 - Jul 27 with 1625 viewsdarthvader

Eastleigh v Saints on 23:56 - Jul 26 by Saintsforeverj

Went to the game. It was a cracking game actually and full credit to Eastleigh fighting back to 2 2. Sending off and quite a few shots against the woodwork, including a Saints free kick that hit the bar. Spent some time in the newly renovated bar / club house there, really decent place, where Eastleigh players mingled after the game and saw the final ten minutes of the England game. Don't go to Eastleigh very much, but it was a decent night there.

I live in eastliegh atm and have a neighbour who is mad on them.. and REALLY Hates Saints .

keep the faith coyr

Eastleigh v Saints on 01:21 - Jul 27 with 1608 viewsSaintsforeverj

Eastleigh v Saints on 00:26 - Jul 27 by darthvader

I live in eastliegh atm and have a neighbour who is mad on them.. and REALLY Hates Saints .

There is certainly a small core of Eastleigh support, who are just Eastleigh fans (200 or maybe 300 fans) and see Saints as rivals. There were 500 fans in attendance tonight, a good number of Eastleigh shirts but quite a few Saints too and it was all very friendly. But the vast majority of the 2000 to 3000 crowd for league games are made up of either Saints fans fed up of PL and now go to Eastleigh games and / or Saints fans who watch Eastleigh as well, when Saints are away or they pick and choose which ones. A good number of people I spoke to tonight, said they watch both Eastleigh and Saints and a few saying they don't like PL players and prices etc so would rather watch Eastleigh. The Eastleigh crowds go up by nearly 1000 at times when Saints are away or arn't playing.

Eastleigh v Saints on 07:41 - Jul 27 with 1497 viewssolent_toffee

Eastleigh v Saints on 23:56 - Jul 26 by Saintsforeverj

I enjoyed it, decent, competitive game that the Saints youngsters would learn from. Thought first half Saints were a lot quicker and were technically better. Thought Eastleigh came out a bit fired up for the second half and got stuck in and their match experience kicked in.

No one stood out for Saints and had they had a decent striker would have won at a canter. What happened to that lad that Newcastle were sniffing after?

Disappointing turnout but then again with England playing and no first team players in action, maybe not surprising.

Great set up at Eastleigh, will definitely go to a few games this season.
Eastleigh v Saints on 12:20 - Jul 27 with 1365 viewsSaintsforeverj

Eastleigh v Saints on 07:41 - Jul 27 by solent_toffee

I enjoyed it, decent, competitive game that the Saints youngsters would learn from. Thought first half Saints were a lot quicker and were technically better. Thought Eastleigh came out a bit fired up for the second half and got stuck in and their match experience kicked in.

No one stood out for Saints and had they had a decent striker would have won at a canter. What happened to that lad that Newcastle were sniffing after?

Disappointing turnout but then again with England playing and no first team players in action, maybe not surprising.

Great set up at Eastleigh, will definitely go to a few games this season.

The one guy who did stand out for me was Diamond Edwards for Saints, who scored the first goal. He was also lively and constantly in their face. Other than that, nobody else really stood out, although I recognised Jake Vokins and a couple of the others who had played for the first team from the bench on a few occasions. Tyler D got stolen by Newcastle or Chelsea didn't he? Not sure.

It is a great set up at Eastleigh. Had a few drinks before the game (and after!). In the bar, which was comfortable and decent, football was on the screens all around. The stand behind the goal that was closed, is being turned into a proper stand with executive boxes. Rumour has it, that the rich man Donald, is back and is going to finance a revolution there, something he started but then went to Sunderland. He is now unofficially back, so people were saying last night.

Overall, yeah a very good night and was refreshing to see players signing autographs, having a chat, mingling in the bar, it was an enjoyable evening.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 12:59]

Login to get fewer ads

Eastleigh v Saints on 20:35 - Jul 27 with 1261 viewssolent_toffee

Eastleigh v Saints on 12:20 - Jul 27 by Saintsforeverj

The one guy who did stand out for me was Diamond Edwards for Saints, who scored the first goal. He was also lively and constantly in their face. Other than that, nobody else really stood out, although I recognised Jake Vokins and a couple of the others who had played for the first team from the bench on a few occasions. Tyler D got stolen by Newcastle or Chelsea didn't he? Not sure.

It is a great set up at Eastleigh. Had a few drinks before the game (and after!). In the bar, which was comfortable and decent, football was on the screens all around. The stand behind the goal that was closed, is being turned into a proper stand with executive boxes. Rumour has it, that the rich man Donald, is back and is going to finance a revolution there, something he started but then went to Sunderland. He is now unofficially back, so people were saying last night.

Overall, yeah a very good night and was refreshing to see players signing autographs, having a chat, mingling in the bar, it was an enjoyable evening.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 12:59]

His finish for the first goal was excellent to be fair, but I though most of Saints chances and there were loads compared to most games were snatched at a bit.

Vokins looked experienced and stood out at that level. Also thought Nico Lawrence in the midfield looked assured and could have gone up a few gears had it not been a friendly.

I do love those type of games though, younger players against older professionals/grocks. The right loan moves would do wonders for some of those Saints lads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024