Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Pen.......THAT RED 07:59 - Oct 20 with 6279 viewskingsburyR

I saw the penalty and red card incident on TV last night.

Fu(k me that was harsh.

I get Armstrong was doing them for pace but the CB was obstructing at best or shielding the ball for the goalie to collect as I saw it.

If it was the other way round we would have the pitch forks out.

Not complaining though!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

That Pen.......THAT RED on 11:47 - Oct 20 with 1603 viewsNoelmc

From my view in AL (West Paddock), my impression was the ball was not under control and Sinclair would never have reached it before the keeper, contact or no contact. Thought it was a very harsh decision, but even prior to that we were by far the better team, so don't think it affected the result.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 11:51 - Oct 20 with 1587 viewsBenny_the_Ball

For me it was a penalty but not a red card. There was contact but it wasn't reckless, and he wasn't the last man. That said, I'm not up-to-speed with the current rules so Better Call Paul.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 12:17 - Oct 20 with 1562 viewsnix

That Pen.......THAT RED on 11:35 - Oct 20 by themodfather

the pen claim a few mins before was a better one, a red/ nah....also i flet dykes was fouled when heading onto the bar, so another pen claim?
we are getting into the box, at pace, today any contact and you go down, likelihood of a pen. blimey liverpool and manutd had 20 yrs of em, let's lap it up.

I thought that was maybe why he gave it. The first one he may have been unsure about, so when we had another shout, he gave it. Red card seemed harsh though. But pretty sure we would have won anyway. They couldn't handle Armstrong and they couldn't operate the high press that stifled us against Luton.

More evidence that refs aren't making great decisions. I would have been unhappy with a red if it'd been our player.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 12:41 - Oct 20 with 1531 viewsManinBlack

That Pen.......THAT RED on 12:17 - Oct 20 by nix

I thought that was maybe why he gave it. The first one he may have been unsure about, so when we had another shout, he gave it. Red card seemed harsh though. But pretty sure we would have won anyway. They couldn't handle Armstrong and they couldn't operate the high press that stifled us against Luton.

More evidence that refs aren't making great decisions. I would have been unhappy with a red if it'd been our player.

The whole penalty incident reminded me of that travesty at Old Trafford and the Derry sending off after an offside player took a dive. If I had been a Cardiff fan shelling out £37 to enter the ground I would have been livid after all that expenditure to get there on top.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 12:51 - Oct 20 with 1480 viewsgazza1

Shocking decision......Armstrong overran the ball, could not get there, fell over - penalty & red card. Absolute madness.

If that had happened to us we would be fuming to the highest degree.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 12:58 - Oct 20 with 1459 viewsdachiltern

Pen - from seat in South Africa Road said no at the time.

Pen - from position of referee, can understand why he gave it.

VAR - thank fook not used.

Cardiff - very poor team but hey ho the sort of team we have a habit of losing to, so all round, for once we got a decision in our favour, three points and Mr Beale has decided to stay. Not a bad 36 hours.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 13:28 - Oct 20 with 1423 viewskensalriser

I thought it was a foul, Armstrong was being impeded. 9.5 for the dive though.

Regardless of whether it was a correct decision, that lad is going to have a lot more fouls awarded if he continues to run with the ball like that. It’s wonderful to see a player taking on the opposition directly when so much modern football is about getting rid of the ball before an opponent gets within a few metres.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

That Pen.......THAT RED on 14:20 - Oct 20 with 1361 viewsPinnerPaul

That Pen.......THAT RED on 11:51 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

For me it was a penalty but not a red card. There was contact but it wasn't reckless, and he wasn't the last man. That said, I'm not up-to-speed with the current rules so Better Call Paul.

3 reasons for a yellow

1) DOGSO, foul challenge but a genuine attempt for the ball

2) Reckless foul challenge but no DOGSO

3) Any foul challenge deemed to 'break up a promising attack'

Could have easily picked one of those rather than the red I thought.
Login to get fewer ads

That Pen.......THAT RED on 14:24 - Oct 20 with 1329 viewsDWQPR

That Pen.......THAT RED on 14:20 - Oct 20 by PinnerPaul

3 reasons for a yellow

From what I saw he made no attempt for the ball at all, his arm came across Armstrong which 'impeded him' allegedly so would that constitute a red? Not saying I thought at the time it was either a pen or a red card and without doubt the keeper would have got to the ball before Armstrong.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

That Pen.......THAT RED on 17:25 - Oct 20 with 1243 viewsWatfordR

I said to Watford Jnr shortly before half time, I was struggling to think of many decisions the ref got right to that point Very soft penalty that I felt he awarded because he'd turned down a shout about 30 seconds before. Red card, well, that showed them didn't it?
That Pen.......THAT RED on 17:48 - Oct 20 with 1178 viewsbaz_qpr

In the Prem with VAR that is given and a red card as there is contact. I agree its super soft and to be fair to the ref, you try and keep up with Armstrong going at that pace so he would have seen it from behind and not seen that he had a heavy last touch.

1st of many I suspect with Armstrong
That Pen.......THAT RED on 18:33 - Oct 20 with 1118 viewsWestonsuperR

That Pen.......THAT RED on 10:06 - Oct 20 by toboboly

Terrible decision. In the UL we thought the Laird one was more of a pen and that still would have been harsh. When we saw a red had been given we just laughed and shook our heads.

Yet he let a bone cruncher on Laird go without even a foul mid way through the second half.

I think the decision not to give Laird a pen just minutes before had a lot to do with awarding this one, although Laird went looking for it and made an elaborate fall I felt it was a pen, big shout from the crowd and players also.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 18:55 - Oct 20 with 1094 viewsFrankRightguard

Last defender absolutely irrelevant. It was however unbelievably harsh. You’d be livid if that was against you. Them’s the breaks
That Pen.......THAT RED on 10:25 - Oct 21 with 927 viewsPinnerPaul

That Pen.......THAT RED on 18:55 - Oct 20 by FrankRightguard

Last defender absolutely irrelevant. It was however unbelievably harsh. You’d be livid if that was against you. Them’s the breaks

Its irrelevant because its in the penalty area!

He must have judged the arm across the chest prevented an OGSO, that's what the Cardiff manager implied in his post match.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 15:18 - Oct 21 with 828 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That Pen.......THAT RED on 14:20 - Oct 20 by PinnerPaul

3 reasons for a yellow

Thanks buddy. Forgive my ignorance; what's DOGSO?
That Pen.......THAT RED on 15:25 - Oct 21 with 805 viewsOldPedro

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63347674

Cardiff City win appeal against defender's red card from QPR loss

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

That Pen.......THAT RED on 15:30 - Oct 21 with 795 viewsdachiltern

That Pen.......THAT RED on 15:18 - Oct 21 by Benny_the_Ball

DOGSO - denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 15:52 - Oct 21 with 739 viewstoboboly

That Pen.......THAT RED on 15:25 - Oct 21 by OldPedro

Shows how poor a decision it was that it has been rescinded so quickly. However Hudson can get in the sea if he thinks that changed the course of the game, it just enabled the coup de tat to be a little quicker.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

That Pen.......THAT RED on 16:15 - Oct 21 with 703 viewsLongsufferingR

That Pen.......THAT RED on 15:52 - Oct 21 by toboboly

Shows how poor a decision it was that it has been rescinded so quickly. However Hudson can get in the sea if he thinks that changed the course of the game, it just enabled the coup de tat to be a little quicker.

They always decide them that quickly. Has to be before the next game as the suspension would apply to the next game.
That Pen.......THAT RED on 16:40 - Oct 21 with 665 viewsRanger_Things

Love this;
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cj-xMvkjm6N/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
That Pen.......THAT RED on 16:53 - Oct 21 with 650 viewsPinnerPaul

That Pen.......THAT RED on 15:18 - Oct 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry!

That's from RefChat!

Denying an Obvious Goalscoring Opportunity
That Pen.......THAT RED on 16:55 - Oct 21 with 645 viewsPinnerPaul

That Pen.......THAT RED on 15:25 - Oct 21 by OldPedro

As above - really not surprised at all.

Poor call from a usually decent referee - only 1 look blah blah blah!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024