Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crossing 19:52 - Dec 29 with 3486 viewsBrianMcCarthy

4 crosses out of 36 completed (11%).

1 striker against 3 centre backs.
2 holding midfielders and a 10 who plays a mile from his 9.

And yet we kept crossing, every attack, over and over again

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Have to question the tactics on this one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Crossing on 19:54 - Dec 29 with 2933 viewsplasmahoop

Spot on. Was trying to say this on the other thread, but you put it far more eloquently. You have to work out what you're trying to do. Hopefully critchley can
Crossing on 19:57 - Dec 29 with 2887 viewsozexile

100%
Crossing on 19:57 - Dec 29 with 2874 viewsBakes

Yeah but it works at Heston when Masterson is the CB

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Crossing on 20:03 - Dec 29 with 2836 viewsjoolsyp

Agreed Brian. There was even a couple of times when we crossed that Dykes was the only QPR player in the box marked by 4 or 5 Luton players. At least Beale got runners in the box to support Dykes (for a few games at least).

Critchley and his team have a job on their hands alright.
Crossing on 20:04 - Dec 29 with 2817 viewsted_hendrix

Sad aint It? having said that If they're practising crosses Into the box all week why was It such a failure tonight? we really are not very good and haven't been for a while, five games on the trot and we've scored one bloody goal.

Someone tell someone at the club that not everyball into the box has to be delivered via the sky.

What a bad defeat tonight and to those bastards who have just convincingly done the double on us.

Dunno what to say really.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Crossing on 20:10 - Dec 29 with 2759 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Spot on. 3 times Dykes made a run to the front post taking the defenders with him, the ball is played over him yet not a single other QPR player in the box.
If we had runners they would of had free headers.
Crossing on 20:13 - Dec 29 with 2739 viewsManinBlack

Guess they were due a win at ours but 6-1 on aggregate is a real drubbing. We are in relegation form, two goals in 9 games, 4 home defeats in a row, the last two by 3-0. What odds on Sheffield Utd stuffing us 3-0 as well? Don't think I can face watching us on Sky again, horrible to watch...
Crossing on 20:16 - Dec 29 with 2661 viewsstainrods_elbow

Now 2 goals in 9 games by my maths, and it's getting harder and harder to see how we're going to turn the corner. To my mind, Critchley has to make real changes to our system and personnel for the Blades game. How, for example, could Armstrong - or even Bonne - do any worse/less than Dykes? Or Richards than Roberts? I'm not as big a fan of Jojo as some on here, but we need him back yesterday. If we play the same shape and the same way as we did tonight, we'll get mullered.

Luton will be laughing all the way back to their horrible little town at how easy that was for them, as much as it sticks in my craw to say so. Let's just hope our manager can man up and tell/see it like it is. Shockingly ineffectual just about sums it up. I only hope Critchley is in it for the long haul and knows what he's doing, or we might as well pack up and turn out the lights now.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 20:18]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Crossing on 20:19 - Dec 29 with 2674 viewsPaddyhoops

Spot on Brian. Did the sport scientist take off Chair or Critchley?
At least leave Chair on to see him combine with Willock .
My apathy has turned to anger now.
Wallop one or two of them up in the air . Get the crowd going . We’ve stood in the Loft end waiting for a goal for god knows how long now .
Pathetic performance, f**king pathetic 😡😡
Crossing on 21:19 - Dec 29 with 2437 viewsParkRoyalR

This was the game I was watching, absolute stupidity,

I sit side-on to the Loft End 6 yard line and the amount of times 2nd Half tonight and only Dykes was in the box when we're chasing the game was just ridiculous.

Why don't Tim + Field gamble, why doesn't Chair or Paal attack the back-post, just basics.

That said Roberts bottled a header 6 yards out and something wrong with Dykes balance / body shape in missing that 2nd chance.
Crossing on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 2425 viewsAngelsone9

Crossing on 20:19 - Dec 29 by Paddyhoops

Spot on Brian. Did the sport scientist take off Chair or Critchley?
At least leave Chair on to see him combine with Willock .
My apathy has turned to anger now.
Wallop one or two of them up in the air . Get the crowd going . We’ve stood in the Loft end waiting for a goal for god knows how long now .
Pathetic performance, f**king pathetic 😡😡

re Chair-we sit by the home dugout. After Luton scored the second he came over and said he wanted to be subbed. They got Willock ready and kept checking back with Ilias.So there was no way they'd have both been on the pitch tonight.
Willock seems to have lost his mojo completely mind...
Crossing on 21:39 - Dec 29 with 2338 viewsswisscottage

Crossing on 21:21 - Dec 29 by Angelsone9

re Chair-we sit by the home dugout. After Luton scored the second he came over and said he wanted to be subbed. They got Willock ready and kept checking back with Ilias.So there was no way they'd have both been on the pitch tonight.

The way Critchley had us setup and the orders Chair seemed to be under, there wasn't much point him being on the pitch, he hadn't touched the ball in 15 minutes before he was subbed.

Its almost like he was instructed that he wasn't allowed to come more than five yards off the touchline, wasn't allowed to come deep, and wasn't allowed to go near the 18 yard box.

I can't imagine that was Chair deciding to do that, I can only assume it was under orders.
Crossing on 21:45 - Dec 29 with 2306 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Crossing on 21:39 - Dec 29 by swisscottage

The way Critchley had us setup and the orders Chair seemed to be under, there wasn't much point him being on the pitch, he hadn't touched the ball in 15 minutes before he was subbed.

Its almost like he was instructed that he wasn't allowed to come more than five yards off the touchline, wasn't allowed to come deep, and wasn't allowed to go near the 18 yard box.

I can't imagine that was Chair deciding to do that, I can only assume it was under orders.

Interesting, Swiss.

Couldn't see that on the stream as we seemed to divert every attack in that period down the right. I could see the logic in that (if it was instructions) as Laird and Shodipo were working better in tandem, perhaps, than Chair and Paal were but it did seem to leave us with Chair - our best horse - locked in a stable while the race was on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Crossing on 21:47 - Dec 29 with 2273 viewsswisscottage

Crossing on 21:45 - Dec 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Interesting, Swiss.

Couldn't see that on the stream as we seemed to divert every attack in that period down the right. I could see the logic in that (if it was instructions) as Laird and Shodipo were working better in tandem, perhaps, than Chair and Paal were but it did seem to leave us with Chair - our best horse - locked in a stable while the race was on.

Just watched Critchley post match. Apparently Ilias was ill.... which might well explain both his 2nd half performance, and his requesting to be subbed. Apparently there's a number of people ill at the club.
Crossing on 21:48 - Dec 29 with 2275 viewsPaddyhoops

Crossing on 21:21 - Dec 29 by Angelsone9

Fair enough. Thanks for that
Crossing on 21:52 - Dec 29 with 2252 viewsDavieQPR

Crossing on 21:47 - Dec 29 by swisscottage

Just watched Critchley post match. Apparently Ilias was ill.... which might well explain both his 2nd half performance, and his requesting to be subbed. Apparently there's a number of people ill at the club.

There's a number of supporters feeling ill as well after watching that.
Crossing on 21:57 - Dec 29 with 2215 viewsdachiltern

“ ...People ill at the club.” Plus an awful lot more who witnessed that performance!
Crossing on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 2212 viewsCateLeBonR

If you don't have players that can run into the box from a central position, what else can you do except put in crosses? I was more annoyed about all the crosses that we didn't attempt.
Crossing on 00:14 - Dec 30 with 2034 viewsMrSheen

Chair was the main man in the first half but hardly had a touch in the second before his substitution. I noticed he had a long talk during the second goal celebration on the touch line and only lasted about another 15-20 minutes. Wasn’t surprised he went off and wouldn’t be surprised if he turns out to be unwell.
Crossing on 07:26 - Dec 30 with 1853 viewsBushRanger82

Mostly those sitting in the stands after last night.
Crossing on 08:35 - Dec 30 with 1763 viewsHunterhoop

Good points, Brian. The real issue for me was Roberts, followed by Chair and Shodipo. Now, Chair was unwell, so slight pass for him. But basically the 3 in behind Dykes never got near him, either for the ball up to him or for the crosses from wide areas. It was unforgivable and it was happening from the off.

We played 4231 last night. Same shake as the Warnock promotion. But compare and contrast how the 3 in the Warnock season (perm 3 from Taarabt, Mackie, Smith, Routledge, Ephraim) got into the box and goal scoring positions compared to our 3 last night!

Roberts did not, imo, have a clue how to play 10. Dropped way to deep and wide. Moved at walking pace far too often. Stood in positions it was impossible to be passed to and then berated teammates for not finding. When the ball went up to Dykes he was 20+ yards away from him not running off him or there for the lay back. He was so easy to mark because he was coasting through that game.

Chair held onto it far too long again. Playing him far out of the left I don’t like because he doesn’t have the pace to beat the full back on the outside and it gives the full back the touchline to work with. It meant, bar one excellent bit of play in the first half, he always cut back inside onto his right to cross or retain possession. The problem with this is that every time you cut back inside you slow the attack down and allow the defence to get set. When no one else was breaking into the box, Dykes is always going to be outnumbered 3 to 1, so a cross look unappealing (or be unsuccessful). Most frustratingly, and I perhaps put this down to illness, was that for all the crosses Shodipo put it, he was never making a run into the box from his flank to support Dykes.

Shodipo…look the lad is clearly limited and a league 1 player. He slung in couple of decent crosses and linked up okay with Laird (the only Beale signing who looked remotely half arsed last night). But he doesn’t have the football brain for this level. He takes that extra second to decide what to do and it allows the defender to get set, get to him, or get positioned to prevent him executing whatever he had decided. For the amount of ball he had in decent space in the final 3rd the question again is how much did he really create. And, again, like Chair, did he ever break into the box to support Dykes? Did he ever get near Dykes and run in behind for the flick on?

Defending against us was easy last night. All we ever did was work it around the outside and the sling it in when Dykes was outnumbered 3 to 1 and sometimes I counted 5 to 1. At one point Shodipo got to the byline and put in a half decent cross and Roberts was standing (marked) 20 yards out on the edge of the D, with Ireogbunam nearby. Wtf are they doing? Get in the box. Make a run? Just utterly half arsed.

Dykes is limited. We all know this. He’s a very average 10-12 goal a season forward. But I’m not giving him stick because he does cover a huge amount of ground. He competes for balls. He makes runs off the ball. He puts his body about a bit. Is that enough? No. But it is the bare minimum we should all expect of our players. Too many of the rest of this squad and team simply don’t do that. I would love to see the distance covered stats of Dykes vs Roberts yesterday. I reckon he may have covered twice the distance. I brought a Watford mate along last night. His main comment after 30 mins? “It’s very hard to win football games playing with 10 men. That Roberts fella isn’t moving.”

I should add Willock, when he came, on seemed similarly disinterested and half hearted. Bottled two challenges. I can only assume he is desperately trying not to get injured because a deal is agreed to leave this Jan. If this is his reaction to club telling him (rightly) that if he does choose to run his contract down, he’ll do so not playing, then he should be ashamed. Can’t have your cake and eat it. I hope he’s just looking after himself until a deal is completed.
Crossing on 08:57 - Dec 30 with 1690 viewsdmm

A very good analysis, Hunterhoop, and I agree with pretty much all of it.

The question for me right now is; why has this team slumped so dramatically in recent months? It's not a bad squad.

I suspect the Shyster has affected the club more than we know and further consequences such as players leaving next month may well follow. I'm worried the current malaise will continue for some time before Critchley and his team pull things together.
Crossing on 09:59 - Dec 30 with 1599 viewsloneranger1

Crossing on 08:35 - Dec 30 by Hunterhoop

Good points, Brian. The real issue for me was Roberts, followed by Chair and Shodipo. Now, Chair was unwell, so slight pass for him. But basically the 3 in behind Dykes never got near him, either for the ball up to him or for the crosses from wide areas. It was unforgivable and it was happening from the off.

We played 4231 last night. Same shake as the Warnock promotion. But compare and contrast how the 3 in the Warnock season (perm 3 from Taarabt, Mackie, Smith, Routledge, Ephraim) got into the box and goal scoring positions compared to our 3 last night!

Roberts did not, imo, have a clue how to play 10. Dropped way to deep and wide. Moved at walking pace far too often. Stood in positions it was impossible to be passed to and then berated teammates for not finding. When the ball went up to Dykes he was 20+ yards away from him not running off him or there for the lay back. He was so easy to mark because he was coasting through that game.

Chair held onto it far too long again. Playing him far out of the left I don’t like because he doesn’t have the pace to beat the full back on the outside and it gives the full back the touchline to work with. It meant, bar one excellent bit of play in the first half, he always cut back inside onto his right to cross or retain possession. The problem with this is that every time you cut back inside you slow the attack down and allow the defence to get set. When no one else was breaking into the box, Dykes is always going to be outnumbered 3 to 1, so a cross look unappealing (or be unsuccessful). Most frustratingly, and I perhaps put this down to illness, was that for all the crosses Shodipo put it, he was never making a run into the box from his flank to support Dykes.

Shodipo…look the lad is clearly limited and a league 1 player. He slung in couple of decent crosses and linked up okay with Laird (the only Beale signing who looked remotely half arsed last night). But he doesn’t have the football brain for this level. He takes that extra second to decide what to do and it allows the defender to get set, get to him, or get positioned to prevent him executing whatever he had decided. For the amount of ball he had in decent space in the final 3rd the question again is how much did he really create. And, again, like Chair, did he ever break into the box to support Dykes? Did he ever get near Dykes and run in behind for the flick on?

Defending against us was easy last night. All we ever did was work it around the outside and the sling it in when Dykes was outnumbered 3 to 1 and sometimes I counted 5 to 1. At one point Shodipo got to the byline and put in a half decent cross and Roberts was standing (marked) 20 yards out on the edge of the D, with Ireogbunam nearby. Wtf are they doing? Get in the box. Make a run? Just utterly half arsed.

Dykes is limited. We all know this. He’s a very average 10-12 goal a season forward. But I’m not giving him stick because he does cover a huge amount of ground. He competes for balls. He makes runs off the ball. He puts his body about a bit. Is that enough? No. But it is the bare minimum we should all expect of our players. Too many of the rest of this squad and team simply don’t do that. I would love to see the distance covered stats of Dykes vs Roberts yesterday. I reckon he may have covered twice the distance. I brought a Watford mate along last night. His main comment after 30 mins? “It’s very hard to win football games playing with 10 men. That Roberts fella isn’t moving.”

I should add Willock, when he came, on seemed similarly disinterested and half hearted. Bottled two challenges. I can only assume he is desperately trying not to get injured because a deal is agreed to leave this Jan. If this is his reaction to club telling him (rightly) that if he does choose to run his contract down, he’ll do so not playing, then he should be ashamed. Can’t have your cake and eat it. I hope he’s just looking after himself until a deal is completed.

Great points far better made than I could hope to do and agree with them all.

Only one I'm unsure about is re.Willock. i was sitting Lower Loft and had Willock up close. He didn't really move out of a space about ten yards from the touchline and I thought he looked ill. And unfit/half-arsed. Or a combination of all of these. All I'm saying is I'm not sure that it's as cut and dry as bot being up for it, he just didn't seem near 100 per cent fit.

Roberts p*sses me off every time I see him play, from the moment his name was on the team sheet yesterday. Appreciate Critchley's options are limited but Amos would have offered
so much more there, even if he'd only been for for the first 45 - think back to those goals he got (from runs to the edge of the box!) at the end of last year..

We certainly look a mess right now, and not a happy camp
Crossing on 10:06 - Dec 30 with 1560 viewsdaveB

Crossing on 21:19 - Dec 29 by ParkRoyalR

This was the game I was watching, absolute stupidity,

I sit side-on to the Loft End 6 yard line and the amount of times 2nd Half tonight and only Dykes was in the box when we're chasing the game was just ridiculous.

Why don't Tim + Field gamble, why doesn't Chair or Paal attack the back-post, just basics.

That said Roberts bottled a header 6 yards out and something wrong with Dykes balance / body shape in missing that 2nd chance.

The second one (assuming its the one where ball is played across goal and he doesn't react) was him on his heels again, never anticipates things always waiting then reacting so he keeps missing those kind of chances. It was 3-0 at the time though so I'll give him a pass on that
Crossing on 10:16 - Dec 30 with 1520 viewsQPRSteve

Crossing on 20:03 - Dec 29 by joolsyp

Agreed Brian. There was even a couple of times when we crossed that Dykes was the only QPR player in the box marked by 4 or 5 Luton players. At least Beale got runners in the box to support Dykes (for a few games at least).

Critchley and his team have a job on their hands alright.

I thought we were playing netball last night with the lack of players getting in the opposition area.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024