Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pleased For Ruben Selles 17:13 - Feb 18 with 5328 viewsRon11

What a great result for the man, and he actually looks like a Prem manager instead of a tramp.
Give the man the job, so pleased they didn't bring in Marsch.
There've been calls since the summer to bring him in, and the other call was to start Stuart Armstrong, both happened today.
Why oh why they brought in Jones, we could have been six points or more better off by now.
Madness. Hopefully sanity will now prevail.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 09:56 - Feb 19 with 1047 viewsSonicBoom

Hes had one good result and everyone wants to give him the job.
We've made enough daft decision let's not rush into another one.
I'd certainly say he deserves a go as interim and it takes the pressure off finding someone immediately.
But I'm not for giving him the job because the players like him, or because he wore a suit. His team selection still contained the usual suspects and his subs would have got Jones lynched. I'm just saying let's just see if he has genuine substance before we declare him the new king. I just want to see more evidence than one solitary game.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 10:08 - Feb 19 with 1007 viewsmushinexile

You are quite right but there has been a reversal in the players' attitude, they have somebody they appear to look up to managing them and nothing succeeds like success.
Last week, we would have been expecting Leeds to nail the lid down on us. This week, there is a definite feeling that the boot is on the other foot
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 11:18 - Feb 19 with 965 viewskingslandstand1

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 09:56 - Feb 19 by SonicBoom

I'd certainly say he deserves a go as interim and it takes the pressure off finding someone immediately.
But I'm not for giving him the job because the players like him, or because he wore a suit. His team selection still contained the usual suspects and his subs would have got Jones lynched. I'm just saying let's just see if he has genuine substance before we declare him the new king. I just want to see more evidence than one solitary game.

I'm with you on this Sonic. Wasn't too keen on one particular comment in the press conference either where he said that teams had now better watch out when they play us or something along those lines because we now have this togetherness and playing as one etc. I'm sure Leeds will have noted that and want to prove differently next week - a must win game as with all other results, we're no better off that before the game, but at least no worse off

I won't say we were lucky to win, but Chelsea certainly had their chances and it took some good and desperate defending to keep that clear sheet, especially in the 2nd half, as well as a wonder strike from JWP to actually get the points. Do we have to rely on free kicks to win games now? Opposing managers will really stress to NOT (sorry, went a bit ASIS then) give free kicks away in that area
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 11:28 - Feb 19 with 961 viewsUTS1885

Well, i dont think anyone else is going to be interested at this stage of the season. So Selles might as well take the remaining games of the season. Lets not rush into a mess and just keep things as they are at the moment. If he wants any help then get him that person.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 12:39 - Feb 19 with 923 viewsRon11

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 10:08 - Feb 19 by mushinexile

You are quite right but there has been a reversal in the players' attitude, they have somebody they appear to look up to managing them and nothing succeeds like success.
Last week, we would have been expecting Leeds to nail the lid down on us. This week, there is a definite feeling that the boot is on the other foot

Reversal in the player's attitude.
That seems to be the relevant point.
Hassenhutl had run out of ideas and Jones was an arsehole. It showed.
Selles is somebody they know and obviously respect.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 14:07 - Feb 19 with 865 viewsBerber

This. I think Selles is our best option to the end of the season. The time to judge is then, not now for making a permanent appointment.

I don’t expect that level of performance from the players for the rest of the season, and we could have so easily conceded 3 or 4 goals. I will hope for the best, but will brace myself for a big disappointment against Leeds.

I still hope never to see Diallo on the pitch again, he screws up too often and too badly to have on the pitch for any length of time, and he is way too lightweight to have any impact in defence.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 14:26 - Feb 19 with 853 viewsSouthamptonfan

We might as well give Selles the job until the end of the season. The fans like him, the players clearly like him and he passed his interview with flying colours. The incentive is then there for Selles to prove he deserves the job permanently.

Not sure about long term, we don't know what division we will be in, but it seems a no brainer to give it to him until the end of the season. Better than more upheaval and change for a manager to come in. Look again in the summer and make a long term appointment then. If the players want Selles, they will keep us up.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 19:38 - Feb 19 with 732 viewsBridders2

Quite. People are getting a little carried away. Let's take the next few games and see how he does. Leeds is the game we have to win next, but we need to see a consistent group of players gelling for every game.
Login to get fewer ads

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 20:24 - Feb 19 with 691 viewsgrumpy

I think its more of a case that the way the team performed showed he had a positive affect on the team.
Selles knows that if we get relegated hes not likely to be manager next season.
But he is the best option by far because we are not going to attract a good manager who is likely to be offered a contract only till the end of the season and probably not next season if we go down.
Selles team selection and subs made me nervous, but he got a result which is all that matters.
I don't think many are declaring him as our new king,just relieved that Jones has gone,the team got 3 points and the players gave a good account of themselves.
Pleased For Ruben Selles on 20:51 - Feb 19 with 668 viewsButty101

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 20:24 - Feb 19 by grumpy

I think its more of a case that the way the team performed showed he had a positive affect on the team.
Selles knows that if we get relegated hes not likely to be manager next season.
But he is the best option by far because we are not going to attract a good manager who is likely to be offered a contract only till the end of the season and probably not next season if we go down.
Selles team selection and subs made me nervous, but he got a result which is all that matters.
I don't think many are declaring him as our new king,just relieved that Jones has gone,the team got 3 points and the players gave a good account of themselves.

That was a massive 3points and hats off to him, great start to his reign. I still don’t feel confident that we will stay up. Even if we have a run of 3 or 4 games it might get us out of the bottom 3 for a week. Burnley had a similar boost when Dyche went last season but it still ended in relegation

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 21:49 - Feb 19 with 638 viewsgrumpy

Pleased For Ruben Selles on 20:51 - Feb 19 by Butty101

That was a massive 3points and hats off to him, great start to his reign. I still don’t feel confident that we will stay up. Even if we have a run of 3 or 4 games it might get us out of the bottom 3 for a week. Burnley had a similar boost when Dyche went last season but it still ended in relegation

My head says we will go down,my heart wants to say otherwise.
The tragedy was Jones appointment,he had the sort of games that could have pulled us clear.
One can only hope for a miracle.
At least the fans have hope now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024