Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ruben Selles 07:58 - Feb 22 with 2021 viewsRon11

So are they going to give him the job or what?
Leeds have already made their appointment, why the silence here?
Ruben Selles on 09:32 - Feb 22 with 1941 viewsHollywood56

I hope so before Moyes is sacked at the weekend by West Ham
Ruben Selles on 10:00 - Feb 22 with 1912 viewsBuggalugs

Why the hysteria over Selles? He's been in charge for one game ffs. There's no rush to appoint him permanently and to even suggest West Ham have him lined up as a replacement for Moyes is bonkers. Talk about getting carried away.

Having him as a caretaker makes much more sense, as he has more to prove. If he keeps us up and looks the part, great, give him a contract. If he doesn't and we get relegated, start a fresh in the summer with a completely new coaching setup tailored for a promotion campaign.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Ruben Selles on 12:29 - Feb 22 with 1822 viewsSteveMoron

No hurry. He'll do just as well as caretaker boss.
Ruben Selles on 12:42 - Feb 22 with 1808 viewsHollywood56

Ruben Selles on 10:00 - Feb 22 by Buggalugs

Why the hysteria over Selles? He's been in charge for one game ffs. There's no rush to appoint him permanently and to even suggest West Ham have him lined up as a replacement for Moyes is bonkers. Talk about getting carried away.

Having him as a caretaker makes much more sense, as he has more to prove. If he keeps us up and looks the part, great, give him a contract. If he doesn't and we get relegated, start a fresh in the summer with a completely new coaching setup tailored for a promotion campaign.

I was actually more worried that we would end up with Moyes, not the other way round
Ruben Selles on 14:26 - Feb 22 with 1724 viewsBuggalugs

Ruben Selles on 12:42 - Feb 22 by Hollywood56

I was actually more worried that we would end up with Moyes, not the other way round

This is the problem though. Roll back a year and West Ham were top 6 or 7 in the league and heading for a Europa League semi final. Many people on here were saying what a great manager Moyes is and were envious we didn't have someone like that in charge.

The following year his squad under-achieves, then suddenly he's a manager we shouldn't touch with a barge pole. Much like Potter; Saints fans wetting themselves in case he gets sacked from Chelsea and we end up with him.

Selles wins one game and we must keep him at all costs.

It's really not very rational.

Ruben Selles on 15:54 - Feb 22 with 1682 viewsRon11

Ruben Selles on 14:26 - Feb 22 by Buggalugs

This is the problem though. Roll back a year and West Ham were top 6 or 7 in the league and heading for a Europa League semi final. Many people on here were saying what a great manager Moyes is and were envious we didn't have someone like that in charge.

The following year his squad under-achieves, then suddenly he's a manager we shouldn't touch with a barge pole. Much like Potter; Saints fans wetting themselves in case he gets sacked from Chelsea and we end up with him.

My actual point was, let us know one way or the other. If he's not getting it, get it sorted some other way, but whatever you do (board) get it done asap and install some stability.
Oh, and while they're at it kindly let us know what's happening, we do pay out hard earned cash for tickets and shit beer.
Ruben Selles on 18:27 - Feb 22 with 1626 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben Selles on 10:00 - Feb 22 by Buggalugs

Why the hysteria? Maybe because Saints have been terrible all year, under two different managers and one game of his management, produced a brilliant, fighting performance, with the players all over him.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Ruben Selles on 19:24 - Feb 22 with 1584 views1885_SFC

Ruben Selles on 14:26 - Feb 22 by Buggalugs

Did you see the way the players were united & playing for Selles at Chelsea?

They had given up under Ralph - everyone could see that. The players looked distant from Ralph in the end.

They had given up under Jones's short tenure too. They didn't want to play for him & didn't like his tactics, selections or the drivel he kept spouting.

At Chelsea, I can't remember the last time I've seen Saints players so happy & ready to bust a gut for the manager. The post-match scenes with Selles tells me everything I need to know as to whether or not that the squad finally look like they actually believe in the guy who's running the show out on the pitch.

Selles might take us down... but if he does, at least it looks like the team will keep fighting under him. I doubt that Selles would get all the blame either. The damage has already been done by the two previous managers - especially Jones and the winnable league games he oversaw & then ultimately lost.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Ruben Selles on 19:35 - Feb 22 with 1568 viewsBuggalugs

Ruben Selles on 19:24 - Feb 22 by 1885_SFC

Did you see the way the players were united & playing for Selles at Chelsea?

They had given up under Ralph - everyone could see that. The players looked distant from Ralph in the end.

They had given up under Jones's short tenure too. They didn't want to play for him & didn't like his tactics, selections or the drivel he kept spouting.

At Chelsea, I can't remember the last time I've seen Saints players so happy & ready to bust a gut for the manager. The post-match scenes with Selles tells me everything I need to know as to whether or not that the squad finally look like they actually believe in the guy who's running the show out on the pitch.

Selles might take us down... but if he does, at least it looks like the team will keep fighting under him. I doubt that Selles would get all the blame either. The damage has already been done by the two previous managers - especially Jones and the winnable league games he oversaw & then ultimately lost.

Yes, I was at Chelsea. I was also at the Sheffield Wednesday cup game after Ralph was sacked and before Jones was appointed, when Selles was also in charge. We were dreadful and scraped through on penalties at home to a league 1 side.

All I’m saying is there’s no rush. Let him prove his worth and if the players continue to put in performances and battle like they did on Saturday, we’ll all be happy. Ralph had definitely run his course and no-one’s going to argue with Jones getting the bullet, but ffs, let’s make sure the next appointment is the right one.

Ruben Selles on 20:39 - Feb 22 with 1530 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben Selles on 19:35 - Feb 22 by Buggalugs

Yes, I was at Chelsea. I was also at the Sheffield Wednesday cup game after Ralph was sacked and before Jones was appointed, when Selles was also in charge. We were dreadful and scraped through on penalties at home to a league 1 side.

All I’m saying is there’s no rush. Let him prove his worth and if the players continue to put in performances and battle like they did on Saturday, we’ll all be happy. Ralph had definitely run his course and no-one’s going to argue with Jones getting the bullet, but ffs, let’s make sure the next appointment is the right one.

Absolutely, I certainly wouldn't be giving him a 4 year contract yet. But give him until the end of the season. He's our best chance. If Selles keeps us up, give him the job permanently. It's a great incentive for him to achieve a great escape. I like him, but we don't need to commit. Let's see if we survive.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Ruben Selles on 08:53 - Feb 24 with 1347 viewsSalisburySaint

Ruben Selles on 20:39 - Feb 22 by Southamptonfan

Absolutely, I certainly wouldn't be giving him a 4 year contract yet. But give him until the end of the season. He's our best chance. If Selles keeps us up, give him the job permanently. It's a great incentive for him to achieve a great escape. I like him, but we don't need to commit. Let's see if we survive.

Well club have now confirmed appointed until end of season

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1629035786111680512
Ruben Selles on 09:27 - Feb 24 with 1275 views1885_SFC

Ruben Selles on 08:53 - Feb 24 by SalisburySaint

Well club have now confirmed appointed until end of season

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1629035786111680512

I think it's a good move by the club - and well timed - the day before our biggest crunch match of the season.

Over to you Ward-Prowse & Co.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024