Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season 22:22 - Feb 19 with 4933 viewsSaintNick

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 10:52 - Feb 20 with 4033 viewssuzie

It’s a no brainer … give the reigns to Reuben till the end of the season!
I just hope Sports Direct act quickly.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 11:44]

Poll: Would you welcome Koeman back to the club?

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 11:41 - Feb 20 with 3987 viewsButty101

See how it goes - Burnley took 10 points from the next 5 games after they sacked Dyche. Look how that ended!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 12:04 - Feb 20 with 3964 viewsSteveMoron

No. Give it a few more games. Imagine if we lose at Leeds? That'll be 3 managers to pay off!
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:16 - Feb 20 with 3905 viewsChesham_Saint

How can we possibly judge on one game? What kind of rationale for decision making is that.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 8:24]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:21 - Feb 20 with 3891 viewsButty101

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:16 - Feb 20 by Chesham_Saint

How can we possibly judge on one game? What kind of rationale for decision making is that.

Exactly - he only has to upset a couple players this week and they will down tools again.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:28 - Feb 20 with 3887 viewspjt50

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 12:04 - Feb 20 by SteveMoron

No. Give it a few more games. Imagine if we lose at Leeds? That'll be 3 managers to pay off!

How many more games do they give him? They gave Jones 8 to amass the same number of points that Selles has got after one.

If we do badly in the next 3-4 games, it's too late for a new guy to turn things around anyway, so we may as well stick with Selles & make the changes in the summer.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:58 - Feb 20 with 3853 viewsRon11

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:16 - Feb 20 by Chesham_Saint

How did they judge Jones to be Premiership manager quality?
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:59 - Feb 20 with 3837 viewsSteveMoron

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:28 - Feb 20 by pjt50

How many more games do they give him? They gave Jones 8 to amass the same number of points that Selles has got after one.

If we do badly in the next 3-4 games, it's too late for a new guy to turn things around anyway, so we may as well stick with Selles & make the changes in the summer.

Ruben will do just as good a job in the next 3 or 4 whether he's manager or not so no worries.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 22:00 - Feb 20 with 3718 viewsScoot

To early to say that's why I voted maybe but if we win Saturday then I won't be surprised to see him get it for all the reasons previously stated elsewhere. If he does get it we have to give him the same backing the players did Saturday.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 3696 viewsNinja9

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 10:52 - Feb 20 by suzie

It’s a no brainer … give the reigns to Reuben till the end of the season!
I just hope Sports Direct act quickly.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 11:44]

Sports Direct ?
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 07:42 - Feb 21 with 3520 viewsMattFinish

They may as well keep him on to the end of the season. By the time he’s had enough games to judge him it will be too late if he turns out to be a dud and no decent manager would join us at that stage

Unless he does something spectacular I think we still need a top manager next season as Selles is a complete novice. I think the rest of the season is more about the players than the coach
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 09:44 - Feb 21 with 3442 viewssaints__fan__73

To early to say that yet. We won a game where we got a goal from a set piece and defended with 11 men behind the ball for the rest of the game, throwing ourselves into blocking goal bound shots and clearing off of the line in the manner of a L1 team against a PL one in the cup.

Let's wait and see how we do against teams of around our level. We need to be doing more than smash and grabs if we have any hope of staying up. We need to be competing on equal terms with other PL clubs which is something we haven't really done fro almost a year now.

There's bound to be a bit of a new manager bounce given how awful Jones was. Don't forget OGS won 8 of his first 9 matches at Man Utd as the players were so happy Jose had gone but after that reverted to type when they saw he was a pretty average manager.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 11:33 - Feb 21 with 3403 viewsStAnt

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 09:44 - Feb 21 by saints__fan__73

To early to say that yet. We won a game where we got a goal from a set piece and defended with 11 men behind the ball for the rest of the game, throwing ourselves into blocking goal bound shots and clearing off of the line in the manner of a L1 team against a PL one in the cup.

Let's wait and see how we do against teams of around our level. We need to be doing more than smash and grabs if we have any hope of staying up. We need to be competing on equal terms with other PL clubs which is something we haven't really done fro almost a year now.

There's bound to be a bit of a new manager bounce given how awful Jones was. Don't forget OGS won 8 of his first 9 matches at Man Utd as the players were so happy Jose had gone but after that reverted to type when they saw he was a pretty average manager.

You make it sound like the Alamo after we scored and it was hardly that. Yes, our defenders made a few vital blocks but we had our moments too - Adam Armstrong had a great chance well saved by their keeper and Mara should have done better when in a good situation. We rode our luck at times but every team does.
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 11:40 - Feb 21 with 3394 viewsMattFinish

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 11:33 - Feb 21 by StAnt

You make it sound like the Alamo after we scored and it was hardly that. Yes, our defenders made a few vital blocks but we had our moments too - Adam Armstrong had a great chance well saved by their keeper and Mara should have done better when in a good situation. We rode our luck at times but every team does.

Chelsea rode their luck too at times
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 12:33 - Feb 21 with 3377 views1885_SFC

Great video this if you haven't already seen it. Looks like the players are fully behind Selles and I for one would keep his as manager until the season ends - no matter what.

Old School is Cool

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 12:56 - Feb 21 with 3357 viewsPaleRider

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 12:33 - Feb 21 by 1885_SFC

Great video this if you haven't already seen it. Looks like the players are fully behind Selles and I for one would keep his as manager until the season ends - no matter what.

As a supporter I recognise that we won't win every match - however, all I want to see is players giving their all. If Selles can do this then he deserves a chance - at least until the end of the season.

Two small things that impressed me in the clip:

1) During the goal celebrations, he's giving Elyanoussie instructions on the side of the pitch;
2) After the game he says something like "you did an amazing job - but it's not enough".

One final point, I don't get the negativity towards Potter. I think he's had a great record, other than at Chelsea. Chelsea has done for many managers and I think he would be a good fit at Saints - but for now I believe Selles deserves a chance.
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:12 - Feb 21 with 3341 viewsinthebox

Lots of bouncing this weekend, with two new managers going head to head.
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:53 - Feb 21 with 3309 views1885_SFC

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:12 - Feb 21 by inthebox

Lots of bouncing this weekend, with two new managers going head to head.

Yep, Javi Gracia due to be announced as Leeds' new manager later today.

I reckon the loser of this game will get relegated. I'm sure Selles & the players already know the importance of this game without me reminding them!

It's 'Do or Die' weekend.

Old School is Cool

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 15:50 - Feb 21 with 3233 viewsBuenosSaint

Thanks for highlighting the clip 1885.

The way the players were pushing selles towards the fans to ensure he got the plaudits, hugging him, respecting him.

They needed a leader and i think they have it. The players actions are showing the board there really is no other option right now. But let's see what happens.....
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 15:54]

Poll: The Long Future

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 18:35 - Feb 21 with 3177 viewsgrumpy

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 09:44 - Feb 21 by saints__fan__73

Time is not on our side tho.
We have no choice but to put our faith in Selles.
If you have any other suggestion I would like to hear it.
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 19:16 - Feb 21 with 3150 viewsHollywood56

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 13:59 - Feb 20 by SteveMoron

Ruben will do just as good a job in the next 3 or 4 whether he's manager or not so no worries.

Let’s wait for David moyles to be sacked, then we can hire him and lose out on one of the best young prospects in management, the next Eddie Howe, and be relegated to boot.
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 22:00 - Feb 21 with 3070 viewsSFC_Referee

Well you never know as it looks like Klopp could be made available very soon!

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 09:39 - Feb 22 with 2978 viewsHollywood56

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 22:00 - Feb 21 by SFC_Referee

Well you never know as it looks like Klopp could be made available very soon!

He'd NEVER come to Southampton ffs
Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 10:10 - Feb 22 with 2948 viewssaints__fan__73

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 18:35 - Feb 21 by grumpy

Time is not on our side tho.
We have no choice but to put our faith in Selles.
If you have any other suggestion I would like to hear it.

Why? We don't have to do anything re: Selles' contract. He is a long term employee of the club and is currently undertaking the role of head coach.

Let's just see how things go. If he loses his next 4 games we may well try a last-ditch panic move like bringing in someone like Selles' managerial hero Benitez for the last 10 games.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 18:57 - Feb 22 with 2858 viewsgrumpy

Should Ruben Selles Get The Job Fo The Rest Of The Season on 10:10 - Feb 22 by saints__fan__73

Why? We don't have to do anything re: Selles' contract. He is a long term employee of the club and is currently undertaking the role of head coach.

Let's just see how things go. If he loses his next 4 games we may well try a last-ditch panic move like bringing in someone like Selles' managerial hero Benitez for the last 10 games.

' last-ditch panic' is the last thing we need.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024