Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
J.Redknapp 15:46 - Mar 5 with 1838 viewsRon11

Just seen his comment on Sky that Alcaraz should have been seen sent off, but makes no mention of Barnes' horrendous tackle on Ward-Prowse.
Then goes on to say that Leicester should bring Vardy on as 'he's always had a good record against Southampton'.
Louise always was to good for the moronic tw at. Him and his father both.
J.Redknapp on 16:21 - Mar 5 with 1753 viewsmushinexile

I used to test some equipment on the Sandbanks beach. Radio man was up on the cliffs a mile or so away. Louise used to come out for her morning run and although the radio man got the easy job, I used to volunteer for setting up the gear on the beach. Some days the communications went down for several minutes as I was a bit distracted!
J.Redknapp on 16:22 - Mar 5 with 1752 viewsTimSaint

Surely Redknapp was there to give commentary and view points from a Saints perspective, as former Leicester player Emile Heskey was the other studio guest.

I was at the game, but recorded MOTD and the 30 mins Sky highlights. MOTD had Leicester fan and former player Lineker saying Alcaraz should have seen red (VAR obviously didn't ?) and Sky Highlights had Former player Alan Smith saying he didn't think it was a penalty as the player was so close to the ball !!

I get we are bottom and not exactly flavour of the month in the media, but Jeez, a bit of perspective please !!

As that old (Roses?) advert tune used to go.....

Thank you very much for the 6 points Leicester, thank you very much, thank you very very very much !! :-)

TimSaint

J.Redknapp on 17:24 - Mar 5 with 1639 viewskingslandstand1

J.Redknapp on 16:22 - Mar 5 by TimSaint

Surely Redknapp was there to give commentary and view points from a Saints perspective, as former Leicester player Emile Heskey was the other studio guest.

I was at the game, but recorded MOTD and the 30 mins Sky highlights. MOTD had Leicester fan and former player Lineker saying Alcaraz should have seen red (VAR obviously didn't ?) and Sky Highlights had Former player Alan Smith saying he didn't think it was a penalty as the player was so close to the ball !!

I get we are bottom and not exactly flavour of the month in the media, but Jeez, a bit of perspective please !!

Thank you very much for the 6 points Leicester, thank you very much, thank you very very very much !! :-)

It's actually great being the underdog and the one they all want to fold and give in, and then shutting up those so called experts with a win, especially that smug big eared tvvat
J.Redknapp on 17:39 - Mar 5 with 1614 viewsRon11

J.Redknapp on 16:22 - Mar 5 by TimSaint

Lineker needs a smack in the mouth
J.Redknapp on 17:57 - Mar 5 with 1598 viewsmushinexile

Why stop at one?
J.Redknapp on 18:55 - Mar 5 with 1514 viewsPatfromPoole

Jamie Redknapp is one of those people who if you met him, you’d probably think he was a decent bloke.

But when we had a good side a few years ago, he was on TV always saying our players were too good for Southampton, and was almost trying to sell them himself.

Rupert Lowe said in the book on his evil father that Harry Redknapp was one of the most miserable people he had ever met, and permanently leaving a bad smell round the place. Whereas he had a lot of time for Jamie.

On balance, I’d say Jamie is the spawn of the devil.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

J.Redknapp on 19:17 - Mar 5 with 1464 viewsGRIM

Agreed !.
They completely ignored Barnes's tackle on JWP, it was far more reckless & dangerous than Charlie A's challenge.
But I'm afraid we have become the club that everybody loves to hate. (including the officials who give us nothing).
They couldn't argue with the pen we got, it was a stone waller.
But I've said before that JWP is not great at pen's, he uses the same technique for pens as he uses for free kicks & he needs to use a straighter run up & put his instep thru the ball.
J.Redknapp on 19:26 - Mar 5 with 1460 viewsRon11

J.Redknapp on 17:57 - Mar 5 by mushinexile

Why stop at one?

Absolutely
Login to get fewer ads

J.Redknapp on 12:03 - Mar 8 with 1052 viewssaint901

I have sympathy for football pundits who have to try and find new ways of saying the same things about 10 games a weekend, every weekend for nine months.

It's very easy for them to slip into cliches and to parrot what others are saying. Trying to be original takes intelligence, courage and a recognition that the high paying TV channels will likely not invite you back if the party line is not followed.

This was parodied in the Ted Lasso series where Roy Kent spoke his mind and left in the middle of the show.

We also need to recognise that players - current and former - were all fans first and players second. They all have their loyalties and much as they try to hide them, those prejudices will show. I'm sure that the Redknapp family do not speak of Saints in warm tones around the dinner table and we see that reflected.

Add in that many players have not had the benefits of higher education and little wonder that we see and hear the same old, same old all the time.

I watch MoTD after recording it so that I can skip past the studio bits (except the analysis which is sometimes illuminating - and sometimes patronising). I don't have Sky or BT Sport etc so can't really comment on that.

Do I think there is a conspiracy against Saints from the TV shows/pundits? No. The fact of the matter is that we are a below average team in a league that is blessed with some outstanding teams and therefore in comparison we are always in the shade.

Put on a pay per view of Liverpool v Utd (the two most watched teams on pay per view) and the audience is huge. Put on Saints v Bournemouth (at the other end of the scale) and the difference is that 3 times more people will watch Liverpool than Saints.

TV runs on advertising. Encouraging an audience with top class teams/entertainment and saying nice things about them is going to increase viewing figures and ad revenue. Saying nice things about Saints does not do that and in fact saying negative things may even help.

In other news, Final Score last week had some good things to say about Will Smallbone who always looked out of his depth with us but seems to have found some confidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024