Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale Faurlin q&a 16:45 - Mar 6 with 10308 viewsterryb

Are any others of you attending this on Thursday?

I know that I'm looking forward to this far more than the Watford game on Saturday! If it wasn't for Ale being inducted into the Forever R's at half time, the bus replacement service (again!) might have tempted me to stay away.

No doubt this is a stupid question, but I assume the entrance to the W12 Suite is situated in South Africa Road?
Ale Faurlin q&a on 13:05 - Mar 10 with 1894 viewsJeff

Ale Faurlin q&a on 12:37 - Mar 10 by BrianWilson

Surprised there was no video message from Barton. Didn't Paddy, Clint, Derry, Mackie and Ale have a regular zoom group with Joey Barton? or something like that.

there was a video message from Barton?

Can we not knock it?

Ale Faurlin q&a on 13:27 - Mar 10 with 1796 viewsBrianWilson

Ale Faurlin q&a on 13:05 - Mar 10 by Jeff

there was a video message from Barton?

I can't see it on twitter. Maybe only played at the event?

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Ale Faurlin q&a on 13:31 - Mar 10 with 1785 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin q&a on 13:27 - Mar 10 by BrianWilson

Probably a diplomatic decision.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 13:32 - Mar 10 with 1783 viewsHAYESBOY

Some more.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ale Faurlin q&a on 14:25 - Mar 10 with 1699 viewssimmo

Ale Faurlin q&a on 13:27 - Mar 10 by BrianWilson

Took time away from beating up his wife and peers to record a message played on the night... I was surprised (and a little disappointed) by the general support for Barton in the room tbh, I know it's Ale's night and they get along, but the man is a cnt and I hate seeing him have any association with QPR - even in this context.

Other than that I thought the messages were a great touch and addition to the event, which was lovely. He's so humble - almost to the point of annoying - but also gave lots of insights for him as a player and man, and was as charming and interesting as you'd imagine.

One of the very best.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ale Faurlin q&a on 14:30 - Mar 10 with 1666 viewsTheChef

Ale Faurlin q&a on 14:25 - Mar 10 by simmo

Took time away from beating up his wife and peers to record a message played on the night... I was surprised (and a little disappointed) by the general support for Barton in the room tbh, I know it's Ale's night and they get along, but the man is a cnt and I hate seeing him have any association with QPR - even in this context.

Other than that I thought the messages were a great touch and addition to the event, which was lovely. He's so humble - almost to the point of annoying - but also gave lots of insights for him as a player and man, and was as charming and interesting as you'd imagine.

One of the very best.

Still no clue how anyone can see Barton in a positive light. Bewildering.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ale Faurlin q&a on 14:41 - Mar 10 with 1634 viewsslmrstid

Loving seeing the messages from ex-players, its all a bit "This Is Your Life"
Ale Faurlin q&a on 15:42 - Mar 10 with 1505 viewsdaveB

Is he at the game tomorrow?
Login to get fewer ads

Ale Faurlin q&a on 15:49 - Mar 10 with 1482 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin q&a on 15:42 - Mar 10 by daveB

Is he at the game tomorrow?

Yes, doing the whole half time thing.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:21 - Mar 10 with 1433 viewsterryb

One of the very best.

It was the only moment of the evening that I didn't applaud.

No arguments from me simmo on your description of that poor excuse for a person.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:27 - Mar 10 with 1403 viewssimmo

Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:21 - Mar 10 by terryb

It was the only moment of the evening that I didn't applaud.

No arguments from me simmo on your description of that poor excuse for a person.

Same, Terry - also very nice to meet you in person!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:42 - Mar 10 with 1354 viewsQPunkR

One of the very best.

Well said mate, would that I could upvote that multiple times

QPR - "shit but local"

Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:55 - Mar 10 with 1313 viewsterryb

Ale Faurlin q&a on 16:27 - Mar 10 by simmo

Same, Terry - also very nice to meet you in person!

As was meeting you simmo.

I'm not sure why, but I was a little surprised at the wide age range of the attendees, probably between early 20's & over 70's. That probably demonstrates how Ale Faurlin won over most of our fan base because he combined ability & heart.

For some reason that is beyond comprehension, last night has left me optimistic about tomorrow!
Ale Faurlin q&a on 17:18 - Mar 10 with 1249 viewsMick_S

One of my favourite Rangers players, ever, and as mentioned, a genuinely nice person as well. I remember him in the stands, pre season at Wycombe where he got the respect from the fans that he deserved, but never lost patience with the constant requests for photos or a chat. I messed up with a photo with him and my youngest son, something Iโ€™m reminded about on a regular basis!

A magnificent player.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ale Faurlin q&a on 19:14 - Mar 10 with 1144 viewsaston_hoop

What a player but more importantly what a human. Love that guy, looking forward to the full video when its released

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ale Faurlin q&a on 20:49 - Mar 10 with 1077 viewsSimonD

Ale Faurlin q&a on 10:19 - Mar 10 by terryb

Cheers Clive. Our chat was really good, even reminiscing about our "stars" from before you were born! Stand up Victor Bloody Mobley & Brian Williams, you will never be forgotten!

As to Ale, what an absolute mess he looked! If anything, he appeared even leaner than when he was playing. And to repeat his clarion call to all supporters - "Our club needs you now more than any time since I joined us. You will still be here after all the players, managers, owners have left".

I admit that recently I've found it harder to get up the enthusiasm to travel to The Bush & have lost respect for a lot of our "players", but this was a plea from Ale's heart.

I'm not even certain that English is his second language, but not only was he articulate, he has a command of colloquialisms (if that is the right word) beyond many a natural English speaker.

I'm so pleased that I attended & look forward to seeing Ale on the pitch on Saturday. I just hope we can hear him in the Upper Loft!

The only downpart was that there was even less leg room between seats than there is while watching games!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 10:27]

I look forwards to you telling me about it all over a pint or two before the match Terry.
Ale Faurlin q&a on 03:17 - Mar 11 with 923 viewsdixiedean

My sentiments entirely. A stain on the clubโ€™s history along with Vinnie Jones
Ale Faurlin q&a on 06:20 - Mar 11 with 889 viewssilky

My favourite ever Rangers player. Not only because of the attributes of an almost complete player but more importantly the attributes of a very decent human being.

He's everything you want to see and hear in a footballer, sadly a rare minority these days.

As for Barton, I've said it before but he's a cancer on this wonderful club and should never be mentioned again.

Maybe opposites do attract if Ale does indeed like him.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Ale Faurlin q&a on 11:36 - Mar 11 with 776 viewsPinnerPaul

Ale Faurlin q&a on 06:20 - Mar 11 by silky

My favourite ever Rangers player. Not only because of the attributes of an almost complete player but more importantly the attributes of a very decent human being.

He's everything you want to see and hear in a footballer, sadly a rare minority these days.

As for Barton, I've said it before but he's a cancer on this wonderful club and should never be mentioned again.

Maybe opposites do attract if Ale does indeed like him.

Maybe.

As others have said bizarre to us that Hill, Mackie and Ale are 'mates'.

Its also odd, as I've mentioned before, that Ned had a lot of time for Hughes, whilst Jamie couldn't stand the bloke!

Football eh?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024