Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things to change 09:10 - May 25 with 1860 viewsareasix

I know some regulars will say I should not put my views forward as they are often opposite to there’s but I am hurting about this season just like everyone else.

Make a key appointment on the board ie “The Owner” so he can see first hand how his money is being spent and decisions being made , take responsibility. Looks as if that is Done.

Appoint a manager early so he can sort a team out ready to compete in the Championship, we can all have ideas but if people think Sam the man , Roy the Hodge , Shaun the sheep or Frank the ank are solutions it would of only prolonged our pain for another year.
Bring him in and initially support him fully till New Year if it looks like he can’t do it then roll the dice but at least give him a chance whoever it might be.

Getting rid of the owner and board now will only end up with more uncertainty and even a points deduction sometime in the season as money runs out. Some fans have to realise that running a club / business is bloody hard and full of jeopardy , I have done it and I couldn’t wait to sell it on. Saints have a huge debt and therefore that debt has to be serviced.

Make a home end , it will annoy some supporters that would have to move but the atmosphere when things are going well on the pitch will be so much better. Just like the Dell. Get some noise back into St Mary’s make it a fortress it’s been like a bouncy castle recently.

Complete overhaul of the squad , get rid of certain mercenaries / losers and mix experience with youth we have a hardcore of youth , get rid of most of the experience as they are not good enough and sign some free transfers , loan players with experience especially a Keeper , central defender , holding midfielder to shore up a defence that has not performed for at least three seasons.

Hold regular manager / owner CEO / Director of Football meet the supporters bring the love back to the supporter base to get everyone pulling the same way.

Look at the recruitment policy Brighton have Ai we have a tatty old black box which still works off BT phone lines.

I only support the team away from home now as they are the true knowledgeable supporter who you can have a reasonable conversation with ( that will annoy the support on here who for one reason or another can’t travel) and I relies that’s a blanket statement but away games are when the true supporter comes out and I for one can’t wait to visit new grounds and at least feel that every game three times a week we have a chance of winning.

I will shut up and go back into my box but I am hurting like every other longtime supporter and if we could only get behind the whole club till Xmas at least we could at least give everyone a chance to be successful or maybe to put things right which might have gone wrong in the past.
Negativity breeds failure.

Have a great summer and look forward to days out at Luton , Millwall , Birmingham , Blackburn , Norwich , Swansea etc
Things to change on 09:57 - May 25 with 1797 viewsIfonly

If we're only ging support to Russell Martin until the new year then there's no point in having him. He has to turn a team that is sh*t at passing in to the league's best. That will take longer than 6 months and will involve personnel changes.
Things to change on 10:45 - May 25 with 1746 viewssaints__fan__73

Ah, a home end? I can't think why this wasn't brought up before.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Things to change on 10:55 - May 25 with 1744 viewsPaleRider

6, I agree with many of your points. However a couple of things:

1) I haven't been this season. For me the writing was on the wall at the end of last season and over the summer;
2) I also prefer away games for the reasons you mention. I hope that some of what you said flows back to the crowd at St Marys but we clearly have a problem with un-empathetic stewarding and a perception of the type of fans the board wants - rather than what we need to lift the team;
3) I find it difficult to forgive either Gao or SR for completely killing our expectations of Southampton FC and sucking the optimism out of the club. SR need to change their approach to the fan base, management, players etc. otherwise the club will continue on a downward path;
4) I'm pleased that we will be out of the PL circus - it's not football as I love it.
5) Unless we are in danger of relegation next season we need to give a new manager time to build - we can only judge this time next year.

Based on what happens over the summer, I will hopefully go back next season.
Things to change on 11:32 - May 25 with 1720 viewsmushinexile

We do have AI. Most of the board's intelligence has been shown to be artificial.
Things to change on 22:35 - May 25 with 1528 viewsareasix

I wasn’t trying to invent the wheel and say new things that had not been said before like home ends etc but was trying to put my view on what I thought would help bring good times back.

With reference to giving the new manager till New Year this was because we have some very impatient supporters and they will only give him till then to show that he can please them. Personally if you look this season if you look at switching the manager for the third time in a season you are very likely to go down.

I would give the New manager a season to then be reviewed and even if we don’t go straight back up if it looks as if the team is growing into a real team to compete then give him another season and so on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024