Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is The Echo Making This Up? 09:58 - May 26 with 3077 viewsRon11

Article in there today claiming that James Ward Prowse said that the last three months under Selles have been 'really enjoyable'.
If he did say that, he must surely be on his way out, because it's been the opposite for us.
Is The Echo Making This Up? on 10:07 - May 26 with 3036 views1885_SFC

It's Ward-Prowse just being his usual Mr Nice... doesn't want to upset anyone - especially Selles who's on his way out. James would make a good vicar... or marriage guidance counsellor.

Old School is Cool

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 10:10 - May 26 with 3023 viewssaints__fan__73

Of course it's been nice. Football with zero pressure as everyone know we will lose every game.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 10:19 - May 26 with 3006 viewsIfonly

Unlike some, I rate JWP highly but as you say "being too nice" is one of his problems. Ideally in the season we've just had, we would have been led on the field by a right horrible fvcking cvnt. Someone who is a fighter. Someone who is prepared to get niggly, intimidate the oppostition, stir up the crowd and take some bookings. Unfortunately, that is not JWP.

This statement is also damming for Selles. I would have preferred to hear "when we went in at half time we got a right roasting from the gaffer. It wasn't nice. The double training sessions were hard and practicing our set piece set up hundreds of times was boring".

I suspect both JWP and Selles were too nice for the task at hand last season.
Is The Echo Making This Up? on 10:28 - May 26 with 3002 viewsI_would

Enjoyable picking up his wages and passing backwards or jogging around aimlessly not wanting the ball. Nice work if you can get away with it.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 10:53 - May 26 with 2969 viewsMessysaints

Im going to say he is talking about working with Selles rather than talking about the football of which he has been critical of?
Is The Echo Making This Up? on 11:46 - May 26 with 2916 viewsCenturion

'Nice'. I agree with the sentiments of most posters.
Implies it was to easy for the players who were coasting along without a care in the world.

We need a clear out in the summer. Hope Russell Martin is kicking ass.
Is The Echo Making This Up? on 17:00 - May 26 with 2595 viewsgrumpy

'really enjoyable'. it shouldn't have been winning only of 2 of 16 games and getting us relegated.
Is The Echo Making This Up? on 20:17 - May 26 with 2477 viewsdirk_doone

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 11:46 - May 26 by Centurion

'Nice'. I agree with the sentiments of most posters.
Implies it was to easy for the players who were coasting along without a care in the world.

We need a clear out in the summer. Hope Russell Martin is kicking ass.

"Hope Russell Martin is kicking ass."

Perhaps not:
Russell Martin : ‘ I really like our mentality’ But Russ this is relegation by SwansIndependent 13 Mar 2023 13:40
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59809/russell-martin-‘-i-really-like-our-mentality’-but-russ-this-is-relegation-form-!

Unbelievable Jeff, Click above.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 09:00 - May 27 with 2196 viewsRon11

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 20:17 - May 26 by dirk_doone

Perhaps not:
Russell Martin : ‘ I really like our mentality’ But Russ this is relegation by SwansIndependent 13 Mar 2023 13:40
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59809/russell-martin-‘-i-really-like-our-mentality’-but-russ-this-is-relegation-form-!

Looks familiar. Deluded comments from a manager far removed from actual reality.
Is The Echo Making This Up? on 09:43 - May 27 with 2164 viewsarfurdent

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 12:21 - May 30 with 1630 viewsSaintNick

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 20:17 - May 26 by dirk_doone

Perhaps not:

Interesting they said that, because on 13th March Swansea were having a torrid time and had won just once since the turn of the year.

The next day 14th march they 2-1 at Millwall.

But then things turned and in the final 9 games of the season they won 7 and drew 2 and although they ended up 10th they were only 3 points off a play off spot.

So there are some signs that he was getting things right there

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 13:49 - May 30 with 1558 viewssaint901

He's in the shop window and is not going to say that he spent three months moaning at the manager and his systems when a prospective new manager might be reading that.

I'm aware that some here think JP is over rated and would presumably be happy to see him leave the club. My view is that we will struggle without him stitching things together and always being available to take a pass. Yes, I would have liked to have seen the experiment of using him as a more advanced number 10 continue, but we didn't have enough security at the back to allow that. A new team for him is inevitable and if they have a decent defence, then he will be able to play further forward - and he'll be very good at it.
Is The Echo Making This Up? on 14:10 - May 30 with 1532 viewssaints__fan__73

Is The Echo Making This Up? on 09:43 - May 27 by arfurdent

Next year's strip?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024