Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Read This On Social Media 13:14 - Jul 27 with 1873 viewsSaintNick

Not saying this is true or not, just an interesting reply I read on social media, giving an opinion on Sport Republic. Discuss

The only mistake SR made was appointing Joe Shields from City. He defected to Chelsea after 3 months throwing SRs plans into disarray.

Rasmus initial job was to oversea the SR rosta.

Because of his success at Brentford he was put into the recruitment role.

When he was at Brentford he would spend months before recruiting anyone.
Last season he was dropped in it.

That’s last season. SR have purged the back room staff. We now have a solid set up.
Good manager, Jason Wilcox is DOF, Chief Scout Darren Mowbray, Dragan paid for our last two signings himself so we didn’t have to sell before before we signed.

We are by far the richest club in the Championship.

Without a shadow of a doubt the board have some work to do I very much doubt the team that’s starts the season will be the same in a couple of months.

I’ve watched all the friendlies. You can clearly see the positive progression.

There were mistakes in the Bournemouth match but in second half we were a pleasure to watch.

I’m not the only one that’s positive. We have sold our entire allocation for Sheffield Wednesday.

Which is live on TV on a Friday evening.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Read This On Social Media on 13:43 - Jul 27 with 1798 viewssaints__fan__73

You lost me at 'the only mistake SR made'

The Leicester owner has a net worth more than 3 times ours.

By far the richest I assume you mean club running at by far the biggest loss?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Read This On Social Media on 14:03 - Jul 27 with 1755 viewsfelly1

The proof will be in the pudding.
So far SR have been disastrous.
This has created loads more negativity and apathy from the fans towards the club.
If they can turn this mentality around by winning more games of football than they lose I will be alot happier .
I'm patient enough to think it may take two seasons under Martin to get promoted .
If we're struggling by Xmas this coming season even the most happiest of clappers will despair so let's hope they get the important decisions right.
Read This On Social Media on 15:26 - Jul 27 with 1667 viewscocklebreath

Read This On Social Media on 14:03 - Jul 27 by felly1

The proof will be in the pudding.
So far SR have been disastrous.
This has created loads more negativity and apathy from the fans towards the club.
If they can turn this mentality around by winning more games of football than they lose I will be alot happier .
I'm patient enough to think it may take two seasons under Martin to get promoted .
If we're struggling by Xmas this coming season even the most happiest of clappers will despair so let's hope they get the important decisions right.

We won’t be struggling by Christmas, we’re gonna have a cracking season, mark my words, win the championship and then ask to stay in it as much more fun than the premier league

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Read This On Social Media on 15:28 - Jul 27 with 1666 viewsSonicBoom

TBF we have sold more season tickets than last year haven't we (or very close) and the away allocations for the first games are sold - so I'm not sure where you get the idea that there is apathy?
Read This On Social Media on 15:33 - Jul 27 with 1658 viewssaints__fan__73

Read This On Social Media on 15:28 - Jul 27 by SonicBoom

TBF we have sold more season tickets than last year haven't we (or very close) and the away allocations for the first games are sold - so I'm not sure where you get the idea that there is apathy?

This season is a free hit for the club.

We've struggled so badly the past 5 years seasons in the PL, been so far out of our depth and only manged 3 or 4 home wins all seasons, being in a league we can supposedly compete in has got the fans flocking back.

However, if we go poorly this season then we will be playing with more empty seats than fans next season.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Read This On Social Media on 20:31 - Jul 27 with 1390 viewsonedannywallace

We are not the richest club in the Championship. We have lost more money than almost all of them in the last year and have very few reserves. So we are one of the poorest.

We may have one of the richest owners but that isn't the same thing unless he decides to spend more money on the club. To his credit he has so far but we cant be sure he will carry on doing that.

The last accounts filed are for the 21-22 season but they already show Saints owing about £80 million to the Sport Republic group and this is before a net £100 million of transfers. So I think Saints are now effectively around £200 million in debt to Sport Republic. Maybe that doesnt matter while Sport Republic intend to continue their ownership but it does illustrate that the club is certainly not rich.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 21:16]
Read This On Social Media on 22:06 - Jul 27 with 1283 viewsWinchesterExile

The problem with SR for me is their business model as I don’t think it works for our club. What we need is a board fully focused on Saints and what needs to be done in order to get us back to the Prem. Instead you’ve got Ankerson and Kraft, who are Saints board members, spending a material amount of their time p*issing about with no mark Turkish and French clubs. WTF! I have no interest in SR other than what they can do for Saints. Any other club in their ‘stable’ (what a hideous word in this context) is just a distraction from my club and as long as they continue to pursue this model, I don’t believe Saints will prosper.
Read This On Social Media on 09:09 - Jul 28 with 1068 viewsSaintNick

Read This On Social Media on 13:43 - Jul 27 by saints__fan__73

You lost me at 'the only mistake SR made'

The Leicester owner has a net worth more than 3 times ours.

By far the richest I assume you mean club running at by far the biggest loss?

I didn't write this, if you stopped reading it at this statement and just picked a hole in it then you arent going to take anything from what this fella has said.

Leicester might be the richest club in the Championship, but it seems their owner has stopped the investment into the club.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024