Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Years Honours 08:14 - Dec 30 with 2780 viewsHeisenberg

I see our PM was at St Mary’s yesterday. Probably trying to avoid any tricky questions about how the feck does Liz Truss get to award people honours after 49 days of abject failure. And if you want to know how the honours system works and insults the real heroes who deserve recognition then Google the name Charlotte Owen. Careful though there is a super injunction stopping any questions being asked about why a 29 year old who has done nothing was given a life peerage. She does remind me of someone though. Can’t think who.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

New Years Honours on 09:09 - Dec 30 with 2663 viewssaint22

Total embarrassment of a PM
Almost rivalling Jonnson for incompetence
New Years Honours on 11:05 - Dec 30 with 2560 viewssaintmark1976

New Years Honours on 09:09 - Dec 30 by saint22

Total embarrassment of a PM
Almost rivalling Jonnson for incompetence

The whole Honours System is rotten to the core and has been for years it has no place whatsoever in a modern society.

This New Year proves it beyond any reasonable doubt. The poor rugby fella with Motor Neuron Disease and his mate who have given their all to raise awareness of the disease’s charity get a minor award, whilst a Tory Party donor who nobody has ever heard of receives a Knighthood.

It’s part of the same establishment system that allows Prince Edward to stand at the Cenotaph with a ceremonial sword and a chest full of medals when his only claim to fame is failing the Royal Marines entrance test.

As for Sunak. I wish he would stay away. His continued attendance simply brings the Club into disrepute.
New Years Honours on 11:32 - Dec 30 with 2522 viewsSaintNick

New Years Honours on 11:05 - Dec 30 by saintmark1976

The whole Honours System is rotten to the core and has been for years it has no place whatsoever in a modern society.

This New Year proves it beyond any reasonable doubt. The poor rugby fella with Motor Neuron Disease and his mate who have given their all to raise awareness of the disease’s charity get a minor award, whilst a Tory Party donor who nobody has ever heard of receives a Knighthood.

It’s part of the same establishment system that allows Prince Edward to stand at the Cenotaph with a ceremonial sword and a chest full of medals when his only claim to fame is failing the Royal Marines entrance test.

As for Sunak. I wish he would stay away. His continued attendance simply brings the Club into disrepute.

Whilst I agree with a lot of comments about the hounours list etc, I don't agree with the comment that Sunak brings the club into disrepute.

The great thing about football is that it brings together people of all walks of life, as a goal goes in barristers celebrate with dockers, the people around are all different but come together to support the football club they love.

Whatever you think of Sunak or Starmer or their policies, why should that matter if they want to go to a football match

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

New Years Honours on 12:05 - Dec 30 with 2497 viewsChesham_Saint

New Years Honours on 11:32 - Dec 30 by SaintNick

Whilst I agree with a lot of comments about the hounours list etc, I don't agree with the comment that Sunak brings the club into disrepute.

The great thing about football is that it brings together people of all walks of life, as a goal goes in barristers celebrate with dockers, the people around are all different but come together to support the football club they love.

Whatever you think of Sunak or Starmer or their policies, why should that matter if they want to go to a football match

Agreed. Jeremy Corbyn is a big fan of Arsenal but that doesn’t make me dislike them any more than I already do. Politicians are entitled to some R and R, FFS.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

New Years Honours on 12:41 - Dec 30 with 2461 viewssaint22

Do you think Rishi gets the train?
Or do we pay for his chopper??
New Years Honours on 13:53 - Dec 30 with 2395 viewsBridders2

New Years Honours on 12:41 - Dec 30 by saint22

Do you think Rishi gets the train?
Or do we pay for his chopper??

You're always flying the world, why don't you get the train?
New Years Honours on 16:58 - Dec 30 with 2282 viewssaintmark1976

Refresh my memory Nick, how many times did he come to St Mary’s when he was a simple M P or for that matter the Chancellor of the Exchequer?

In my opinion he is simply using the Club in an attempt to enhance his media profile as a so called man of the people ahead of next year’s General Election. If he loses it will be very interesting to see how many games he chooses to attend, after all it’s a long way to commute ( even by helicopter ) from Southern California where I suspect he will be living.

Your point about barristers and dockers is very valid and like the rest of us I suspect that they pay for their tickets. I would be very interested to learn if a certain person paid for his experience yesterday.
New Years Honours on 17:30 - Dec 30 with 2244 viewsJellybaby

New Years Honours on 16:58 - Dec 30 by saintmark1976

Refresh my memory Nick, how many times did he come to St Mary’s when he was a simple M P or for that matter the Chancellor of the Exchequer?

In my opinion he is simply using the Club in an attempt to enhance his media profile as a so called man of the people ahead of next year’s General Election. If he loses it will be very interesting to see how many games he chooses to attend, after all it’s a long way to commute ( even by helicopter ) from Southern California where I suspect he will be living.

Your point about barristers and dockers is very valid and like the rest of us I suspect that they pay for their tickets. I would be very interested to learn if a certain person paid for his experience yesterday.

Reminds me of David Cameron that massive Aston Villa supporter, or was it West Ham, or maybe Burnley, I think they play in claret and blue, or is it just blue! Give me strength, these political Millionaires and their "I'm just like you" claims.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Login to get fewer ads

New Years Honours on 18:19 - Dec 30 with 2194 viewsSouthamptonfan

The honours thing is a farce, and should be got rid of, totally agree. As is the tax free bar in the commons, which MP's on all sides seem happy to keep. But if the PM wants to come and watch the Saints because he's from Southampton, good for him. This news story has been blown out of all proportion imo. He and Matt Le Tissier were both in the stands cheering on the Saints (take a look at the social media pictures of the two giving each other "looks" and glances if you want a laugh!). MLT has said some crazy stuff, Rishi has done and said stuff many don't agree with, I could have been sat next to a friend of King john un, or Prince Harry's hairdresser or a vegan who thinks the earth is flat. If they are cheering on the Saints, who cares - it doesn't mean we like them or their political views. Politics isn't really a place for football stadiums Imo.

As for RM's comments, that's fine, we don't have to speak to people if we don't want to, it's a free country. He's honest, which is refreshing. RM is a green party member a vegan and a Buddhist, so isn't likely to be a friend. I couldn't be any of those things (especially eating lettuce and peas all day) but I don't give a flying f@ck as long as Saints win.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 16:34]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

New Years Honours on 19:45 - Dec 30 with 2128 viewssaint22

New Years Honours on 13:53 - Dec 30 by Bridders2

You're always flying the world, why don't you get the train?

I pay for myself though
Rishi travels at the tax payers expense
New Years Honours on 21:35 - Dec 30 with 2087 viewsSaintNick

New Years Honours on 16:58 - Dec 30 by saintmark1976

He might well have come to games but the press didn’t cover it, who knows.

New Years Honours on 15:33 - Dec 31 with 1918 viewsBridders2

New Years Honours on 19:45 - Dec 30 by saint22

I pay for myself though
Rishi travels at the tax payers expense

He's the Prime Minister ffs, He's not going to be queuing for public transport and taking hours to get back to London he's got more important things on his plate.
Get real, you wining lefty tw*t.
New Years Honours on 15:53 - Dec 31 with 1902 viewsBazza

A lot of cynicism on this board. Sunak grew up in Southampton and he's showing support for his local team. If he wanted better publicity he'd support Man. U or a London team.

I would certainly abolish the Honours system and get rid of hereditary peers and the Bishops from the oversized House of Lords
New Years Honours on 15:53 - Dec 31 with 1902 viewssaintmark1976

New Years Honours on 15:33 - Dec 31 by Bridders2

He's the Prime Minister ffs, He's not going to be queuing for public transport and taking hours to get back to London he's got more important things on his plate.

Simple question Bridders2.

Why is it necessary for you to spoil with insult and implied bad language what up until then had been a polite exchange of views between various posters holding differing views ?

If that’s best you can do perhaps you would be better served posting on sites other than The Ugly.
New Years Honours on 02:28 - Jan 1 with 1805 viewsBridders2

New Years Honours on 15:53 - Dec 31 by saintmark1976

Simple question Bridders2.

Why is it necessary for you to spoil with insult and implied bad language what up until then had been a polite exchange of views between various posters holding differing views ?

If that’s best you can do perhaps you would be better served posting on sites other than The Ugly.

Sorry it offended you.
I just get fed up with the same old bias narrative coming out from certain people who are unable to see the bleeding obvious, ... and the bigger picture.
As for New year's honours, I'd abolish them they've been corrupted by every PM Labour or Conservative for years.

And Happy New Year to all the Uglies.
New Years Honours on 10:04 - Jan 1 with 1703 viewssaintmark1976

New Years Honours on 02:28 - Jan 1 by Bridders2

Sorry it offended you.
I just get fed up with the same old bias narrative coming out from certain people who are unable to see the bleeding obvious, ... and the bigger picture.
As for New year's honours, I'd abolish them they've been corrupted by every PM Labour or Conservative for years.

And Happy New Year to all the Uglies.

Apologies accepted, thank you.

On similar occasions when I feel frustrated that someone won’t see my point of view I remind myself of the expression “ I disapprove of your views but will defend to the death your right to express them” It works most of the time.

In any event, Happy New Year to you and fellow Saints supporters were ever you may be today.
New Years Honours on 10:31 - Jan 1 with 1670 viewsSaintNick

New Years Honours on 10:04 - Jan 1 by saintmark1976

Apologies accepted, thank you.

On similar occasions when I feel frustrated that someone won’t see my point of view I remind myself of the expression “ I disapprove of your views but will defend to the death your right to express them” It works most of the time.

In any event, Happy New Year to you and fellow Saints supporters were ever you may be today.

A good expression to remember and you are right it works most of the time.

Happy New Year to you as well

New Years Honours on 10:59 - Jan 1 with 1643 viewsChesham_Saint

New Years Honours on 10:31 - Jan 1 by SaintNick

A good expression to remember and you are right it works most of the time.

Happy New Year to you as well

There was a time Nick, I recall the UI had its own end of year awards, or am I imagining that?

Meanwhile, re the actual honours system - if it’s used properly I think there’s a place for it. I know quite a few MBE and OBE recipients and one or two knights who’ve gone above and beyond doing fantastic charity and other work (education, housing, women in business etc) which would otherwise go unrecognised.

It seems to me that political favouritism (HoL) or just doling gongs out for doing a job for a long time (Steve Wright ffs?) is what tarnishes it.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

New Years Honours on 13:53 - Jan 1 with 1580 viewssaint22

New Years Honours on 15:33 - Dec 31 by Bridders2

He doesn’t seem to be resolving any of the important issues though does he?

And it’s whining fyi you Daily Mail reading right wing bore
New Years Honours on 14:02 - Jan 1 with 1568 viewsBridders2

New Years Honours on 13:53 - Jan 1 by saint22

He doesn’t seem to be resolving any of the important issues though does he?

And it’s whining fyi you Daily Mail reading right wing bore

The Times actually, never read the Mail, and you've changed the subject from travel because you know you're talking b*locks as usual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024